• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic
initium
  • initium

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

I'm off topic here.
But has anyone got a cure for depression?

Afly94
  • Afly94

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

getting laid bruh

Řvęń
  • Řvęń

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

You'll get a cure in the general chat.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Dont take anything for granted, it could all be gone soon

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:53 PM

GTA V!

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

This topic is pretty good at battering down depression.

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:55 PM

If you seriously have depression you should see a doctor. Seriously.

Depression is a chemical imbalance in the brain, nothing we say will help.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:56 PM Edited by Werebot85, 04 July 2013 - 10:28 PM.

QUOTE (initium @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:52)
I'm off topic here.

Actually, exercise....

(Worked for me when I was depressed)

.dre.
  • .dre.

reminder 6/12

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

I watch people get beheaded to make me feel better. It makes me appreciate that I'm alive and not in the situation. Maybe it'll work for you.

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Verrekte Mongol

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:09 PM

Just do something you like doing that'll take your mind off your troubles. If you don't have any hobbies, give model trains a try. They're great fun and there's nothing better than making a world in miniature.

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:16 PM

I could tell you how crap my life is if you want. It's certainly not going to cure your depression, but it might help.

If you ever want a sympathetic ear, you can PM me. A problem shared, is a problem halved.

ThatSpecialSomeone
  • ThatSpecialSomeone

• Members
  • Slovakia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:18 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 22:09)
Just do something you like doing that'll take your mind off your troubles.

That's a good advice. If you take up something like a new hobby (doesnt have to be train model collecting tounge.gif ) you will slowly "get rid off" depression. The most important thing is to try think about something else.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:20 PM Edited by RoadRunner71, 04 July 2013 - 10:38 PM.

Change your routine, start doing something new; practise a [new] sport, get a hobbie, etc. Things that can make you forget about your depression.

Or you can also send me 1 dollar to be as happy as me lol:

Nipperkins
  • Nipperkins

Lord of the Nipples

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • San-Marino

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:28 PM

Worry about your problems until they consume you. Let your nightmares become the horror of your reality. Become an empty vessel of melancholy and morose. Then, as your present situation becomes so bleak that you cannot possibly fathom it ending, the things causing your depression will slowly ebb away. Works every time.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 22:09)
Just do something you like doing that'll take your mind off your troubles.

This.

Kuruma.
  • Kuruma.

turnt up

• The Yardies
  • Scotland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (Werebot85 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 22:56)
QUOTE (initium @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:52)
I'm off topic here.

Actually, exercise....

(Worked for me when I was depressed)

true, exercise does help depression as it produces bodily chemicals that can be found in anti depressants, but if you're really depressed you need professional help.

BullyIstheBestRockstarGame
  • BullyIstheBestRockstarGame

Tony Prince is a Gay God

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:01 PM

Masturbating always makes me happy when im feeling down

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:06 PM

Someone mentioned exercise, more specifically, try body building, it improves self esteem to start plus some other benefits.

Also change something, the reason you are depressed it because of your outlook on life, and feeling sorry for yourself, and these feelings are often caused by circumstantial reasons. So do you just sit at home on a Saturday playing video games every weekend? f*ck that sh*t, go outside, go workout, go for a walk.
Have you not left town for a long time? Take a damn holiday somewhere for a few days, go visit your old friends or relatives or some sh*t. Also in the evenings, if you play videogames all night, stop, and try switching it to television, or a sitcom series. I would recommend Modern Family personally.

If you come back here bitching about how you can't change anything because you have no money, or you don't like TV, or you couldn't be bothered to start body building, well i've got some news for you, you're never going to get better because you don't want to because you're a cry baby, you should probably read this in that case, it'll probably help.
Call me an asshole, or a douchebag or whatever, but it's the truth, and obviously being told gently isn't working, so here it is.

http://www.gtaforums...opic=551304&hl=

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:06)
Someone mentioned exercise, more specifically, try body building, it improves self esteem to start plus some other benefits.

Also change something, the reason you are depressed it because of your outlook on life, and feeling sorry for yourself, and these feelings are often caused by circumstantial reasons. So do you just sit at home on a Saturday playing video games every weekend? f*ck that sh*t, go outside, go workout, go for a walk.
Have you not left town for a long time? Take a damn holiday somewhere for a few days, go visit your old friends or relatives or some sh*t. Also in the evenings, if you play videogames all night, stop, and try switching it to television, or a sitcom series. I would recommend Modern Family personally.

If you come back here bitching about how you can't change anything because you have no money, or you don't like TV, or you couldn't be bothered to start body building, well i've got some news for you, you're never going to get better because you don't want to because you're a cry baby, you should probably read this in that case, it'll probably help.
Call me an asshole, or a douchebag or whatever, but it's the truth, and obviously being told gently isn't working, so here it is.

http://www.gtaforums...opic=551304&hl=

Agree 100% with everything there. Especially the bolded.

Can't help someone who won't help themselves. Honestly, just give it "all you got" and just start doing new things, approach everything "head on" or whatever you'd call it. (obviously don't do anything stupid/regretful)

Hitting a gym up would be a great first step as he said though. Are you over/under weight?

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:15 PM

Exercise is the no. 1 cure short of antidepressants. Exercise does release chemicals in the brain that improve mood.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

100% Natural awesomeness in every post.

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:22 PM

Drugs, nothing takes away sadness like a shot of heroin.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Get up and go running. Keep running and exercising. It automatically improves your mood.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

random fanatic

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:36 PM

Exercise is the ultimate cure. You won't feel any better just sitting there.

jln22
  • jln22

Call me Julian

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:43 PM

What if you also suffer from anxiety and you are afraid to run because you feel that your heart might stop pumping at one point?

Max
  • Max

The Port Vila Killa.

• Zaibatsu
  • Vanuatu

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:06 PM

What if you also suffer from anxiety and you are afraid to run because you feel that your heart might stop pumping at one point?

It won't.

As I've said in a previous topic to someone else. I'm guessing you're in your late teens or early twenties, I myself am 22, we're too young to be negative and worried all the time.  People often use anxiety as an excuse to not do things. Deep down you know your heart won't just stop pumping when you go for a run, you just don't want to go for a run. But if you want to overcome your issues you need to let go of the crutch which an anxiety disorder gives you.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 07 October 2013 - 04:20 PM

Whoa. Weird bump.

Talk to your doctor about this stuff. All we're gonna say is stupid sh*t coupled with cat pictures and the occasional animated gif. Aint nobody got time for that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users