Guilty pleasures?

21 replies to this topic
Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [Expression]

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:26 PM Edited by Ziggy455, 04 July 2013 - 04:28 PM.

We've all got our guilty pleasures when it comes to movies and TV shows. Those movies that most people hate but you actually quite like. Which ones are your favorites? And remember, no judgement. We live in an diversely-opinionated world. I'll name three or four that I like to start it off:

1. Money Train
Snipes and Harrelson were golden in White Men Can't Jump, but when Money Train came about, the whole film flopped based on the fact that their chemistry was not as solid as it was back in 1993. However, I like it. It's one of my favorite flops. It's not perfect, but it's not as sh*t as some of the other things I've seen.

2. Judge Dredd
Not ultimately canon and very different to the comics but I enjoyed it as what it was. Okay Rob Schneider was an absolutely pointless character in it, but remove him and you've got the means of a good action film.

3. The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day
The Boondock Saints is one the greatest cult classics and was released ten years prior to All Saints Day and even I, a sound Saints fan found the flaws of the second movie. It was a cheap gimmick that focused too much on the action and not enough on the characters.
They killed off Becker and Dafoe, who was amazing in the first one, only makes a cameo at the end. But I still enjoy it. It doesn't make you think but it makes you laugh and that's good enough for me

I've got more, but I'd like to know what your guilty pleasures of movies and TV are.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:32 PM

Oh hai, The Room.

YOURE TAERING ME APART LISA!!!

anyone who's seen this film knows how awesome it is. Tommy Wiseau is a genius.

Anyway, how's your sex life?

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:48 PM

That movie is so strange.

And SEX!? SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEX!?

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

Gangster Squad. It got panned by critics, but I liked it.

Nebby
  • Nebby

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

Moulin Rouge! for sure. Absolutely adored the film when I was younger and I guess its always just stuck with me.

TEoS
  • TEoS

Sludge

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

All of my friends hate the show Supernatural, but I think it's awesome. It's a little homoerotic, but I don't think that makes it a bad show. And it doesn't mean I'm gay.

Right?

RIGHT!?

zuckmeslow
  • zuckmeslow

Writer/Director

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 10:35 PM

punisher war zone was a great movie that flopped and got bad reviews but i loved the action scenes. just look at this one

user posted image

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

batman and robin. that film with george clooney as batman and arnie as mr freeze

right then now I need a shower after admitting that

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:46 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 12:30)
batman and robin. that film with george clooney as batman and arnie as mr freeze

I think you just need to chill out.

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 14 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 23:30)

Did somebody say BatNipples?

user posted image

Another favorite of mine even though it was critically panned was Tarantino's and Rodriguez's Grindhouse.

Flynny
  • Flynny

Where is Jessica Hyde?

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 15 July 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 05:46)
QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 12:30)

I think you just need to chill out.

ICE TO SEE YOU

I like a few films which get smashed by critics, many of them involving adam sandler.
Happy gilmore has to be my favourite of these films but that wasnt smashed as much as some of his others so i doubt that counts

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

QUOTE (NateShaw92 @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 15:30)
I like a few films which get smashed by critics, many of them involving adam sandler.
Happy gilmore has to be my favourite of these films but that wasnt smashed as much as some of his others so i doubt that counts

No, Sander is pretty terrible and is still ridding off the good films he made like Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison that came out nearly 15-20 years ago and hasn't made anything good since.

Alright, how could we go on without mentioning Manos? mst3k fans, get in here.
user posted image

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

I remember seeing a few episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000, but I never liked Manos. It was neither good nor bad. Entertainment Weekly once mentioned that the movie was a dare/bet kinda thing in an article about the making of this movie. Also, the whole team barely had any filmmaking experience.

AceRay
  • AceRay

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 19:52)
I remember seeing a few episodes of Mystery Science Theater 3000, but I never liked Manos. It was neither good nor bad. Entertainment Weekly once mentioned that the movie was a dare/bet kinda thing in an article about the making of this movie. Also, the whole team barely had any filmmaking experience.

"Barely any filmmaking experience" would be an understatement. The director was a farmer who made the film after losing a bet. Torgo was high off his mind the entire film too and killed himself a month before the release.

Alright, everyone must have heard of Hobgoblins or Mitchell or Pumaman, right? Those are pretty funny.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Monday, Jul 15 2013, 06:56)
"Barely any filmmaking experience" would be an understatement.

My bad, but isn't that true though?

Alright, everyone must have heard of Hobgoblins or Mitchell or Pumaman, right? Those are pretty funny.

Never heard of the last two, but I remember seeing Hobgoblins when I was young. It was an alright movie, but the ending was f*ckin' terrible. I think it f*cked the whole movie up.

John The Grudge
  • John The Grudge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 15 July 2013 - 07:12 AM

Pretty Woman. I love that film.

Raavi
  • Raavi

Allergic to bullsh*t

• Vatican-City
  • Winner of World Cup 2014 Prediction League
    Best Forum Ledby 2013
    Most Improved 2013

Posted 15 July 2013 - 08:10 AM

Battleship got blasted with negative reviews, but I actually found it to be a decent enough movie, it also could've been the wine though..

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most Knowledgeable [Movies & TV] 2013

Posted 15 July 2013 - 05:32 PM

Superman Returns. I thought it wasn't that bad. Even when people explain why they hate it, I don't get it.

Hart
  • Hart

who are you

• Members

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:55 PM

National Treasure.

fridaynightscream
  • fridaynightscream

Just an average gamer.

• Members
  • None

Posted 22 July 2013 - 01:55 PM

The Boondock Saints:

The movie was a major major flop, but it got a lot of DVD buyers so I don't know if it is considered a flop anymore. The Boondock Saints is a very fun movie with great characters, cool action scenes, and hilarious comedy from Willem Dafoe and David Della Rocco. It is a very cool movie, one of my favorites. Also, I met the three main characters of the movie, played by Sean Patrick Flannery, Norman Reedus (yes, he's been in stuff other than The Walking Dead), and David Della Rocco at Motor City Comic Con this year. 8.5/10

The Boondock Saints II: All Saints Day:

Got a lot of negative response from fans. I honestly enjoyed it. While the first half didn't seem that good, it really picked up in the second half. If the entire movie was like the first half, I don't know if I would of enjoyed it, but the second half of the movie makes up for the first half which isn't very good. 8.0/10

Godzilla Movies:

Maybe not in Japan, but in America Godzilla movies aren't huge sellers. Godzilla does have a devoted fanbase, but still. Luckily there is a new Godzilla movie, a big budget one by Warner Brothers and LEGENDARY PICTURES, THE BEST MOVIE STUDIO EVER, which will hopefully bring in new fans if it does well.

Scream 4:

The movie is well received by the majority of Scream fans, but it flopped at the box office only making $36 million.

A Good Day to Die Hard:

Well, the movie did good in the BO I think, but everyone hates it. While the storyline isn't as interesting as the first or with a cool enough villain as the first, the movie is still very fun and entertaining.

WorldofCog
  • WorldofCog

Thug

• Members
  • Lesotho

Posted 23 July 2013 - 07:07 PM

Waterworld. It was a bit silly, but I thought it was decent enough, and I enjoyed the action and effects.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 24 July 2013 - 03:14 PM

I thought Indiana Jones 4 was pretty good, I liked everything except the fact that they used standard aliens and a standard round UFO.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users