Photo

Annoyingly hard missions

79 replies to this topic
Swaggbro
  • Swaggbro

Im Just a Gamer.. patiently waiting for GTA V

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

QUOTE (_StackS_ @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 20:52)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 14:10)
Like Death Row in VC. I just spawned a Rhino for that haha.

Yessss! That personally was one of my hardest missions of all time. My biggest problem was when I was driving out my car would catch on fire so I had to hop out run and steal another one but either three things would happen
1: I get ran over or shot to death before I find a car
2: Lance gets ran over, shot to death, or dies in the explosion of my car because he didn't run away fast enough
3: I would get lucky and be able to switch cars with lance alive but because of all the other cars hitting me and messing me up lance would bleed out and mission fail

Now I know this is going to sound stupid. Out of all the hard annoying missions I have to say while its frustrating and you might break a few controllers along the way... its all worth it. There is just a great feeling once you see the words mission passed. Its so rewarding because of all the difficulty you went through. Its like this really hot chick in highschool and you wanna get with her but she's hard to get so you put time into it. Almost like a project. You don't cheat and just get her drunk but rather actually get to know her and have her want you. Time passes and wala soon you get in her pants and who knows you might actually like her for more than her looks. Maybe not. But yea. That type of rewarding feeling. That's what I got when I passed death row...

But as for hard annoying missions. Well there needs to be more in gta v compared to iv. I have gotta say I can't remember one time in iv where I got frustrated at a mission. Just waay too easy. Seriously. V needs to have 10 times more difficutly. I will be upset if its not. I will write a 10 page essay to R* telling them to update gta v to make it more difficult. Jk. But seriously. More difficulty

LOL YES .

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:43 PM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 20:06)

I'm still stuck on that mission. suicidal.gif

Get the Trashmaster instead of the Sentinel this time. wink.gif

Krist075
  • Krist075

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

The hardest mission in all gtaīs in my opinion is end of the line. I had to attempt the mission many times before completing it. It was also very long and after each death I had to start all over again.

UncleD
  • UncleD

Don't worry guys, soon the wait will be all Ogre

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

Wrong Side of the Tracks was an extremely easy mission.

PhilosophyPanda
  • PhilosophyPanda

R* loyalist

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:11 PM

I wouldn't mind a few challenging missions, but "hard" missions should be all about the skill of the player. Relying on variables like luck or just plain shoddy AI can easily tip the scales from "challenging fun" to "wrecked controller/keyboard" (case in point "Wrong side of the tracks").

thatstupidbug
  • thatstupidbug

Peon

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:19 PM

QUOTE (_StackS_ @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 21:52)

Yessss! That personally was one of my hardest missions of all time. My biggest problem was when I was driving out my car would catch on fire so I had to hop out run and steal another one but either three things would happen
2: Lance gets ran over, shot to death, or dies in the explosion of my car because he didn't run away fast enough
3: I would get lucky and be able to switch cars with lance alive but because of all the other cars hitting me and messing me up lance would bleed out and mission fail

Now I know this is going to sound stupid. Out of all the hard annoying missions I have to say while its frustrating and you might break a few controllers along the way... its all worth it. There is just a great feeling once you see the words mission passed. Its so rewarding because of all the difficulty you went through. Its like this really hot chick in highschool and you wanna get with her but she's hard to get so you put time into it. Almost like a project. You don't cheat and just get her drunk but rather actually get to know her and have her want you. Time passes and wala soon you get in her pants and who knows you might actually like her for more than her looks. Maybe not. But yea. That type of rewarding feeling. That's what I got when I passed death row...

But as for hard annoying missions. Well there needs to be more in gta v compared to iv. I have gotta say I can't remember one time in iv where I got frustrated at a mission. Just waay too easy. Seriously. V needs to have 10 times more difficutly. I will be upset if its not. I will write a 10 page essay to R* telling them to update gta v to make it more difficult. Jk. But seriously. More difficulty

Death Row is the only mission I never passed without cheats. It's a shame because i'm such a fanboy for Vice city. In my only no-cheat run, I get blessed with the bulletproof admiral of Diaz (after Guardian angel, I just founded it on the side of the road), and Death row was easier that way. the game must love me biggrin.gif

apart from that mission, I'm all for more difficult missions... it's really rewarding, and with the ability to re-play mission, Learning to master them will be awesome!

GTAction99
  • GTAction99

R*

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:20 PM Edited by GTAction99, 04 July 2013 - 11:30 PM.

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 21:43)

Ok, I'll try that later.

If it doesn't work, I'll just say f*ck it and spawn a Rhino.

OT:
It's even worse when you start a mission, only to have to re-do it more than twice, and have your game crash right after completing it.

With Stowaway on SA, I didn't reach the plane on time, 2nd time I did get in the plane, but I accidentally shot something inside the plane and it blew up, and then the 3rd final time, I completed the mission, only to have my game crash right after.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

As long as there is a way to complete without cheating.
The harder the better.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

QUOTE (GTAction99 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:20)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 21:43)

Ok, I'll try that later.

If it doesn't work, I'll just say f*ck it and spawn a Rhino.

When I was younger, I always, ALWAYS played GTAs with cheats.

The hardest mission in GTA VC would be that RC Helicopter mission provided by Avery Crington.
For SA, it would be either the Zero's missions, or N.O.E.

DetectDefective
  • DetectDefective

Seņor dickhead!

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:10 AM

Only ever failed Wrong Side of the Tracks once. Smoke is better at eating than he is at shooting. The Zero missions, I remember them being a pain in the ass, but not too horrifying. Enough to be frustrating, but not enough to be hopeless.

End of the Line? Failed it twice because I couldn't catch Sweet in the damned car, and the only reason why this was frustrating was due to how late it was in the mission.

The only real difficult mission I can remember in my history was Vice City's Phnom Penh '86, which involved you shooting folks, with an M-60 from a helicopter. I failed that so many times when I was younger. Now, it's a breeze, but back then, I had no idea what the hell I was doing wrong.

Never cheated to progress in any of the GTA games. My dad said I should do without, unlike the times I played Quake and had nothing but GOD and NOTARGET enabled, so I did just that, and haven't cheated in games for progress since. There's nothing wrong with turning on some cheats if you aren't going to save and want to f*ck around, though, and there's nothing wrong with enabling cheats to play through the games, either. Folks play the way they want, and as long as you're not screwing up others' games (see: multiplayer), then no one's got jack sh*t to say to you.

Back to the whole difficulty thing: I honestly don't mind difficulty, I really don't. GTA IV's missions were pretty damned easy for the most part, the only thing I really disliked being the scripted sh*t, for instance: The mission where you're on motorcycles and you empty three mags' worth of SMG ammo into the guy's back, but nothing happens until they drives a certain distance. It wasn't difficult, just incredibly frustrating and disappointing. tounge.gif

If GTA V relies more on difficulty than scripting, I'll be pretty pleased with it.

slaya33
  • slaya33

What can I say?

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

QUOTE (_L1pE_ @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 11:46)
QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 08:30)
I actually managed to complete Wrong Side of the Tracks on the first try, I guess I was lucky.

I never failed Wrong Side of the Tracks in my attempts, but I would always finish juuust before the bridge to San Fierro. Also, Supply Lines is easy once you figure out that you can glide around without pressing the accelerator button so you don't use up fuel unnecessarily.

About Supply Lines, the original version of San Andreas was glitched in that even gliding with the plane used up fuel. If you have a newer version, then the glitch would be fixed.

On topic: I would love if the more difficult missions had multiple ways to do them, but Wrong Side of the Tracks is a bad example, considering that it is possible to do it in multiple ways.

JuanCortez
  • JuanCortez

Vice City

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 03:47 AM Edited by JuanCortez, 05 July 2013 - 03:49 AM.

QUOTE (thatstupidbug @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:19)

Death Row is the only mission I never passed without cheats. It's a shame because i'm such a fanboy for Vice city. In my only no-cheat run, I get blessed with the bulletproof admiral of Diaz (after Guardian angel, I just founded it on the side of the road), and Death row was easier that way. the game must love me biggrin.gif

apart from that mission, I'm all for more difficult missions... it's really rewarding, and with the ability to re-play mission, Learning to master them will be awesome!

The trick is to shoot all the comets coming for you and Lance while your still in the yunkjard area with a car blocking the entrance (so they can't reach you)
I used the m60 from Phnom Penh mission. After that you can just take a car with Lance and drive off.

_StackS_
  • _StackS_

Mr.CountItUp

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:25 AM

QUOTE (JuanCortez @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 03:47)
QUOTE (thatstupidbug @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:19)

The trick is to shoot all the comets coming for you and Lance while your still in the yunkjard area with a car blocking the entrance (so they can't reach you)
I used the m60 from Phnom Penh mission. After that you can just take a car with Lance and drive off.

I could be mistaken but I'm almost positive cars still spawn after you kill the first wave. That mission man. Just hard. My hardest mission of all time. And the keep your enemies close, keep your friends closer one was kind of hard till I figured out to just use a spaz on sonny

SuperDuperGta
  • SuperDuperGta

Homie

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

KEEP MISSIONS HARD

I for one, don't want to complete the game in 9 hours

Mcquiz
  • Mcquiz

Mack Pimp

• Members
  • Estonia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:36 AM

I think the right way in V would be make missions a bit harder than they were in IV but if you fail before trying again you have option on the phone that says easy mode. It makes mission easier, AI misses more, crashes the car more often, goes slower, more healthpacks etc stuff like that. Then everyone will be happy.

Degrees
  • Degrees

Soldier

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:34 AM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 10:46)
QUOTE (highnrich @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 10:43)
i dont liek hard gams because im no pro and i have real life so r* better make that game not that hard  icon14.gif

No at all, I enjoy a good challenge, but GTA games have a habit of crossing the line between fun and frustrating, between skillfully difficult and cheaply difficult.

Not since it's been HD. Recently played through IV only mission gave me trouble was the last one. Now played through III at least 4 was painful and VC don't get me started.

Kakka Carrot Cake
  • Kakka Carrot Cake

You am no real super sand

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

If V has a similiar mission like in Vice City with the f*cking RC helicopter, I will rage so hard again

JTbrokerbridge
  • JTbrokerbridge

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

Didn't they confirm mission checkpoints are back from TBOGT? Hopefully planning and investing in the right gear before attempting missions should pay off, I think their gonna give us lots of ways to get creative this time.

Carmelo2
  • Carmelo2

Prankster

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

End Of The Line was probably the most frustrating mission in GTA history.

Technically it wasn't even that hard, it was just how the mission was so long to do..

-Steal the noose tank
-Clear three floors of Ballas, Rifa and Vagos
-Have a boss battle with Big Smoke (who took ages to kill)
-Escape the building in the dark whilst still having to clear enemies AND while trying to put flames out with a sh*tty fire extinguisher AGAINST a time limit
-Then chasing tenpenny and positioning your car correctly to catch Sweet
-Lastly having to shoot from the car while Sweet drives

Having to do all of this with NO CHECKPOINTS WHAT SO EVER......you could get as far as shooting from the car and if you died you'd have to start from the very beginning.

Was frustrating as hell.

Tuxedoassassin
  • Tuxedoassassin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:15 PM

I did End Of The Line on my first try. It was long, but really, if you are focused, you canīt really f*ck it up. Actually, all 3D era GTA final missions werenīt that hard. The mission that was really a pain in the ass for me was Cop Land and Death Row. f*ck that sh*t.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users