Photo

Best settings for GTA IV in laptop

5 replies to this topic
westforge
  • westforge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:31 AM

hello. i just wanna ask if what's the best settings i can use to run the game in a laptop

here are the specs.
CPU Intel® Core™2 Duo Processor
OS Genuine Windows® 7 Home Premium
Chipset SIS® 672DX+SIS 968
Memory DDR2 667, Max: 4GB
LCD Size 14” WSXGA
Graphics ATI® Mobility Radeon HD 5470
Graphics VRAM DDR3 1GB
HDD (GB) 2.5" 160GB/250GB/320GB SATA

i know that gta IV is not meant to be played on a laptop but i have seen others do it and im wondering if any of you guys can give me tips to run this game at playable framerates biggrin.gif what visual mods i should install or patches to get the game to work. thank you biggrin.gif

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

ask the guys you saw play successfully on the laptop. but i know that with quad core llano and onboard 6550d, i could play with medium settings @1024x768
http://www.notebookc...70.23698.0.html
you have to reduce strain on CPU and also the weak shader performance of your graphics card. turn vehicle slider to 1, turn reflections and shadows off, reduce detail distance, and use commandlines

westforge
  • westforge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

thanks. i used the 1.0.7 patch then installed some enb for low end pcs. from getting 10 fps i now can play at 20fps. although the skidmarks at the blood are a little bit messed up biggrin.gif

radioman
  • radioman

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:11 PM

QUOTE (westforge @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 05:45)
thanks. i used the 1.0.7 patch then installed some enb for low end pcs. from getting 10 fps i now can play at 20fps. although the skidmarks at the blood are a little bit messed up biggrin.gif

With that set up, you should be using Patch 4, as the latest patch is more of a resource hog...Also, DO NOT go higher than 1024X600 resolution for best results with that card...

However, with that processor, do not expect much, as I have that exact same video card w/ 1024mb dedicated vram on my laptop with 6GB DDR3 Ram and Windows 7 Home Premium and even with an I5 Quad Core, it still doesn't get over 45 fps with Medium to high settings(more on the medium side)...Low settings in not much more fps-only like 10 at most..So, since you only have a Dual core processor(lower end one at that), coupled with a low-to mid end video card, you cannot expect much more than what you are getting now. Laptops tend to have lower power CPU and GPU's than their desktop counterparts, which would explain the game's performance...For example, I can run the game on my desktop with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1, an AMD A6 Quad core processor, 4GB DDR3 Ram, and an AMD Radeon 6550 w/ 1024MB dedicated vram with Patch 7 at high settings with around 40+ fps with very very little lag...Which proves desktops are better for gaming.-lol tounge2.gif lol.gif

westforge
  • westforge

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 10:27 AM

thank you for the info radioman. i also found this cartoon mod for gta iv using something called a sweetFX. i cant seem to make in run on my game tho. i mean i installed and and all but now the game wont start . is it true it would gain me additional framerates with that mod?

http://www.gta4-mods...toon-mod-f20582

unc13bud
  • unc13bud

Weekend Answerer

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

you shouldn't use game modifications (ESPECIALLY ENB) with that kind of low specification. but do you, homie.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users