Quantcast

» «
Photo

Do you think GTA V will win GOTY

139 replies to this topic

Poll: Will GTA V win GOTY 2014? (480 member(s) have cast votes)

Will GTA V win GOTY 2014?

1. Yes (371 votes [83.56%])

Percentage of vote: 83.56%

2. No (73 votes [16.44%])

Percentage of vote: 16.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote
MinnieMan121249
  • MinnieMan121249

Carbon based Buffoon!!

• The Yardies
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:15 AM Edited by MinnieMan121249, 04 July 2013 - 05:22 AM.

This poll is more of a (almost safe)gamble judged only by info we have on the game right now, and knowledge about previous GTA games winning GOTY. Both GTA IV and Red Dead Redemption (Which is very similar to GTA, being a Rockstar game) won GOTY, so we should expect a brilliant, new game in 2 months time, but we also know only a small potion of the information about the game. GTAVoclock said that the maps made on this site are very accurate, but not 100% spot on. And we have a bunch of trailers, lots of new info and loads of screenshots.

SO: Judging by all of that, would you say that Rockstar Games has already made a solid enough impression to assure them with another GOTY award? This game could also be like the biggest let down in GTA history. But just from looking at it now, before the release, and remembering why we loved the previous games, and how great they were, it wouldn't make sense for Rockstar to basically... f*ck up!

What do you guys think?
My personal opinion is that GTA V is going to be the best game in the series so far. We will have to get used to some new things, but in the end it's gonna be epic!

On the other hand:
If you think there is different game that deserves GOTY, please say which one, and explain why you think that.

Travís.
  • Travís.

Gangsta

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:18 AM

There's no dount in my mind.

GTAV for GOTY!

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:20 AM

Should have maybe in the poll but just for the heck of it I'll say yes, it's been talked about for months and by far the most anticipated game of 2013.

The features get better each time R* speaks out and it makes the game that much better itself.

Fail_At_GTA
  • Fail_At_GTA

Actually awesome at GTA

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

Inb4 all the WD fanboys show up.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:22 AM

It's gonna be pretty divisive, as always. The Last of Us is an amazing game that's continuing to receive praise, as opposed to BioShock Infinite (hype has settled down a bit).

Both games have potential to make it on Game of the Generation lists, for different reasons.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

i voted no. i think its going to be a great game, and ill play it for years to come. but i dont think it will be able to match up with some of the other games coming on the market soon.

TargetTango
  • TargetTango

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:24 AM

There is some heavy competition (Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, Watch Dogs). But from hearing how content is going to be in this game. It seems very possible.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:28 AM

95% sure it will win GOTY.

55% sure it will win GOTG

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

From which game reviewer/gaming website?

zeppelincheetah
  • zeppelincheetah

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:41 AM

With the praise that The Last of Us is getting I think that's going to be chosen. GTA is weak when it comes to story. I haven't played The Last of Us and probably won't for a while (don't have a PS3 and don't plan on getting a PS4 until 2015

MrSpooge
  • MrSpooge

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

QUOTE (zeppelincheetah @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 05:41)
With the praise that The Last of Us is getting I think that's going to be chosen. GTA is weak when it comes to story. I haven't played The Last of Us and probably won't for a while (don't have a PS3 and don't plan on getting a PS4 until 2015

Serious? Weak?.. Man..

Seriously, I don't get this thread. So many gaming websites do there own Game of the Year.. AND THATS THERE GAME OF THE YEAR. Is it your game of the year? Do I give two sh*ts who says what is the best of this Generation?! I don't.. I'll decide. But to be on topic.

Yes, some websites will give GTA V GOTY.

KingJames37
  • KingJames37

Trick

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:04 AM

I hate to say it over 2 months before release but YES. GTAV will be game of the year. Unless the criteria for GOTY includes being next gen. Then GOTY will be corrupt and irrelevant to the industry. Haha. I mean, come on, GTA:SA won a PS award this year as best PS2 port.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

Don't get me wrong here, I love the GTA series but I think the GOTY title will go to Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us.

However, to me GOTY means nothing. GTA V is my most anticipated game since GTA IV! I will make my own mind up on what is the best game of the year and it will most likely be GTA V but that's just my opinion. Who knows if the rest of the world will agree and go with GTA V. Either way I don't care. I don't buy games just because they have GOTY status.

Bioshock Infinite and The Last of Us have really great stories and that's where they both shine. Gameplay is great but I think GTA V will be the winner there. As for story, I'm not saying Rockstar can't write a great story...they can! Redemption got GOTY and that's the game that GTA V has to beat. Not IV. So if they can pull off a great story then GTA V has a chance for GOTY but since the game isn't out right now...nobody knows do they? So I'll go with Bioshock Infinite or The Last of Us but my opinion could change once I finish GTA V.

Carbine23
  • Carbine23

Work Hard & Say It's Easy

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:15 AM

Yea i agree, either Bioshock Infinite or Last of Us will get it. But if GTA V gets near perfect reviews like them, than it probably has a chance. I'm just iffy about it.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:19 AM

QUOTE (Carbine23 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 06:15)
Yea i agree, either Bioshock Infinite or Last of Us will get it. But if GTA V gets near perfect reviews like them, than it probably has a chance. I'm just iffy about it.

user posted image

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:22 AM

IIRC All past GTA's have gotten at least 1 GOTY award, No doubt GTA V will get GOTY.

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

It's possible if not likely. I wouldn't go so far to say it's guaranteed, considering the competition, but it's coming out at the perfect time to be fresh in everyone's mind to win GOTY. I mean, if the GOTY was announce right now (for the last 12 months), kind of like how the Oscar's are a early-mid year thing, The Last of Us would win because it's the "it" game right now. 3 months ago, Bioshock Infinite was the "it" game and 3 months from now it will be GTA V.

GTA is also a franchise popular enough that there's a lot of people out there who won't like it to be edgy. The Last of Us and Bioshock aren't franchises held in the same regard because they haven't been around as long (have fewer titles).

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:37 AM

But yes, I agree. A pretty overworld won't be enough to win GOTY.

It will need a moving story and a large degree of innovation in gameplay.

Durden
  • Durden

The annoying voice in your head

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:39 AM

I voted no.

I'd honestly be surprised if GTAV wins GOTY. TLoU got all 9's and 10's, and reviewers are surely gonna be harsh on GTAV. They will praise WD for originality, and TLoU for gameplay + graphics + characters.

As much as I love GTAV, I don't think it'll be GOTY but I'm OK with that. Its just a measly, abstract title. Everyone will love & buy the game anyways, so I see no reason to care about V winning GOTY. It wins to us, so others' opinions are irrelevant.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:42 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 06:31)

GTA is also a franchise popular enough that there's a lot of people out there who won't like it to be edgy. The Last of Us and Bioshock aren't franchises held in the same regard because they haven't been around as long (have fewer titles).

i think it works out the other way.

new series have the element of surprise and innovation. sequel games are judged by higher standards.

Lazyboy.
  • Lazyboy.

could you PLEASE stop using that f*cking blue font?!

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:43 AM

I need to see the car customisation before this can be called GOTY.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:45 AM

Of course it will biggrin.gif

Hola, zep biggrin.gif

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:01 AM

I've been talking about this since it was announced, it will CERTAINLY win GOTY award, and maybe even GOTD (Game of the Decade) rahkstar2.gif

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:02 AM

Absolutely, hands down.

Then we'll get a GOTY edition next year. icon14.gif

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Well, truth be told reviewers today only seem to appreciate "gripping" narratives and "ultra-high" graphics, and don't really care that much about gameplay, so I don't know what to think honestly.

Ryan_Hull
  • Ryan_Hull

Not A Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:44 AM

Will probably be one to the best games to play from the year but don't think it will win GOTY, just can't see it happening, especially with The Last of Us getting 10/10 from just about every review (awesome game btw). Although it won't compare in my eyes to GTAV I just don't think GTA will get it.
I've had a look at Wikipedia and in 2008 the likes of Fallout 3 and Little Big Planet beat GTA IV from most websites, with fallout being the most popular out of all GOTY awards.

dimitrispgr
  • dimitrispgr

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:50 AM

QUOTE (Carbine23 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 06:15)

infinite is a great gane, last of us too. But they are not even close to what we ve seen in previews trailer and screens. V will be one of 5 best games of decade. I really dont understand why people cant see that. Its crystal clear.

urbanfire
  • urbanfire

Ze Fire of da City

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Just wondering, who actually decides whether a game becomes GOTY or not? Is there an official commitee, or is it like "well IGN/random company gave this game GOTY, so now we can release a GOTY edition."

JOSEPH X
  • JOSEPH X

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:19 AM

Holy crap! The Last of Us is one of the greatest stories ever told, and it could only be told the way it was - and carry the same weight - through the medium of the video game. It's up there with the great movies, novels and plays and is a special moment for video game culture. R* need to concentrate on making the best GTA they've ever made, and not think about GOTYs, because seriously my head spins thinking about what they have to do to beat TLoU.

Rick88
  • Rick88

"Who is Atlas?"...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

I would say so. Even if GTA V doesn't have an emotional or "captivating" story as Bioshock Infinite or TLOU, it has a very good shot based on gameplay alone, which I'm sure will be excellent and fun as hell.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users