Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is Watch Dogs pressuring Rockstar Games?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
137 replies to this topic
nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 00:19)
So you're telling me that GTA V will have less then GTA IV? Why do you think I compare the content of each game. GTA V will have loads more to do.

Your reading comprehension is pathetic. And the way you interpret things.

Skyrim was less than 4GB, does this mean it had less content than GTA IV? lol.

Jericho176
  • Jericho176

Spoon Killer

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:47 AM Edited by Jericho176, 04 July 2013 - 01:49 AM.

I like True Crime and Watch Dogs seems like a cool game, but I just don't think they can compare to the GTA games. True Crime: NYC was pretty cool though, a great rendition of New York and a great atmosphere, but the game itself was pretty short. The gamplay was decent for a "GTA clone". I've actually played the storyline of True Crime: NYC about 3 times by now (mind you, I've completed III, VC, SA 10+ times each, and I'm currently playing III again bored.gif ).

I have high expectations for Watch Dogs, but I'm sure GTA V will be even better smile.gif Hope they just release it for PC

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

Watch Dogs looks nice. I don't get why so many people are hating on it. If you say Ubisoft can't make a good game then go play some Assasin's Creed..

V comes off as being more broad, while WD's will have probably less features but they'll be more refined.

..aand let the fanboy circle jerk continue..

Pale Rider
  • Pale Rider

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

The only competition Rockstar have is from Bethesda. If Fallout 4 was coming out at the same time as GTA V then Rockstar might worry.

Buffalo Soldier
  • Buffalo Soldier

The Man Himself.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:18 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 17:18)
I doubt it, Ubisoft doesn't make very good games so I don't expect Watch Dogs will be very good.

What absolute bollocks. Absolute bollocks.

Far Cry 3.

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:28 AM

car handling looks pretty crap ,but when I buy next gen ,it'll be a game I will buy for it .Not going to buy on current gen because I will have gta V to keep me busy for a long long time .

BlademanX
  • BlademanX

Soldier

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:34 AM

Next Gen is a HYPE guys, they wont be able to make decent games until at least 1 to 3 years in, Look at PS3, we didnt get decent games until 2 years in, The first releases were pretty naff.....nothing special, infact 90% of games havent lived up to expectations and as a whole PS2 had better delivery of games that actually suprised us,

Next gen may even dissapoint in terms of gameplay and graphics, or maybe expectations are too high, but tbh we shuld be getting double resolution and ten times more processing power, as soon as PS4 comes out it will be outdated compared to current gen PC;

It may take 4 years to start taking advantage of hardware to the fullest, GTA on next gen wont be released just yet, you might be waiting till 2014 2015 or even the next GTA 4 years after that,

Ill wait to get a PS4 possibly summer 2014,

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:47 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:51)
Watch Dogs looks nice. I don't get why so many people are hating on it. If you say Ubisoft can't make a good game then go play some Assasin's Creed..

V comes off as being more broad, while WD's will have probably less features but they'll be more refined.

From what I see you WD fanboys got that circle jerk pretty well covered. Get off the GTA forums with that wack game.

Dan001
  • Dan001

Hello

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

Watchdogs may be an awesome, great, wonderful game but....

....It's no GTA. You know what I mean??

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (Dan001 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 02:54)
Watchdogs may be an awesome, great, wonderful game but....

....It's no GTA. You know what I mean??

Exactly. People just look at the positives of Watch Dogs and say it's great. And I won't deny it, Watch Dogs does look great... But we're comparing to the KING of greatness.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:59 AM

QUOTE (DanieljJ @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:47)
QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:51)

From what I see you WD fanboys got that circle jerk pretty well covered. Get off the GTA forums with that wack game.

Uhhh who said I'm a fanboy?

The demos of the game look nice. You're trying to say someone who enjoys one game can't enjoy another? lol

C'mon now, no need to go completely sh*t for brains retarded or anything man.. we've already got enough of them around here, no need for you to increase their numbers.

tator1
  • tator1

Tator Flowers

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:30 AM

QUOTE (natethegreatforlife @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:23)
Watch Dogs is a threat in terms of sales. There's the crowd stuck with WD, and the crowd stuck with GTA V (which is already a lot larger because of the series' history), and then in the middle there's a large casual gamer crowd. We'll just have to wait and see which game really does do better.

You're crazy. Look at how many copies of GTAIV were sold in the 1st week, now imagine all of those copies sold for GTAV in the 1st week x2, there is more hype backing GTAV & 2x the fans of GTA series. There is no way a new IP is a threat for a game that already has a huge fan base & is one of the most controversial series to ever hit the market, so GTAV will blow WD in sales out of the water on 360 & PS3, there is no argument for that.

I'm not saying WD will be a awful game, i'm saying the current fan base & hype behind GTAV is just to great for WD to even be considered a threat at this point.

GTAV will outsell GTAIV's 1st week sales guaranteed. It could possibly blow GTAIV's sales out of the water, remember in 2008 GTAIV was the biggest entertainment launch in history, over 300million in $ generated in a week (roughly 6 million in a week) , and look at the hype behind GTAIV. GTAV will sell at least 4-8 million with the possibility to jump into 9 or 10 million with the hype rating behind this game.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:41 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 04 July 2013 - 04:11 AM.

QUOTE (redx165 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 09:04)
QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:00)
QUOTE (redx165 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 21:55)
Honestly I don't understand the blind love for Watch Dogs. Sure it looks great but what about its gameplay? Remember with GTA IV? It had great graphics but sh*t to do at the end of the day. Rockstar has no worries with Watch Dogs. The only thing Rockstar should get worried about is Call of Duty and even that is slowly dying.

Ever heard of the word opinion? GTA IV was as exciting after finishing the game as it was before.

Really? I'll take someone stats from the forum. Someone said on here that about 30% of GTA fans were disappointed after they finish the game. You can't really do anything besides drive around a BORING LIFELESS city.

Seeing how GTA V has 16GB while GTA IV had 6.4GB I don't think we have to worry as much with how boring its going to be after you finish the game.

That was deffpony who said that, but they're hardly accurate statistics.

Even if they were like I've been saying since GTA IV was released it's very subjective. The first time I finished GTA IV I barely done the side missions so I had a heap of them left over.

I wish to you would stop trying to turn subjective matter into objective. You do it everytime GTA IV is mentioned. GTA IV may not have had anything to do after the story for you and others, but it's not a fact and depends on the player really. confused.gif

To me GTA IV isn't that much better or worse after the story than every GTA is and I've been playing these games long enough to honestly say that.

Anyway I think some people forgot Watch Dogs is also being released on current gen also so GTA V should only be compared to that.

I have to say that video on the PS4 showing the driving looked underwhelming. Another open world game at the clutches of on rails, arcade like driving it seems.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:43 AM

Watch Dogs is more about hacking than driving though. This is why it's not really comparable to GTA.

Xaynt
  • Xaynt

Hell awaits.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:47 AM

Is Watchdogs competing? I think so. They've got spy bugs everywhere. How are we supposed to get away with anything in GTA?

Showstopper 26
  • Showstopper 26

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:50 AM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 13:16)
Nope, other publishers move their release dates around R* releases, not the other way around.

This

zainzombie
  • zainzombie

PRE-ORDER CANCELLED! *sob sob*

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:28 AM

I'm not going to bash WD and try not to sound like a GTA fanboy but everyone who keeps comparing the 2 games will soon find out these 2 are very different and offers completely different things. But if you want to compare the two games based on the fact that both are open world free roam games then there is no chance in hell WD can ever beat GtaV with everything that has been confirmed about the 2 games. Hell.. strip everything away from the 2 games, forget about what we have seen or read about both games and now think about this, what you people are basically saying is ubisoft can/will beat rock star at its own game. Sounds ridiculous to me.

When it comes to open world and free roam, nothing beats GTA because of its level of freedom and quality gameplay. Simple as that.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Goodfella

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:30 AM

QUOTE (zainzombie @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 15:28)
I'm not going to bash WD and try not to sound like a GTA fanboy but everyone who keeps comparing the 2 games will soon find out these 2 are very different and offers completely different things. But if you want to compare the two games based on the fact that both are open world free roam games then there is no chance in hell WD can ever beat GtaV with everything that has been confirmed about the 2 games. Hell.. strip everything away from the 2 games, forget about what we have seen or read about both games and now think about this, what you people are basically saying is ubisoft can/will beat rock star at its own game. Sounds ridiculous to me.

When it comes to open world and free roam, nothing beats GTA because of its level of freedom and quality gameplay. Simple as that.

icon14.gif

I think I might lock the thread though. Normally I put a stop to these sort of threads as they tend to lead to no where.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users