Cop kills a rottweiler

425 replies to this topic
Melchior
  • Melchior

The lights are so bright, but they never blind me

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:50 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 09:48)
What I'm trying to say is, (gah I hate repeating myself over and over), IF he would have done something, which authorities asked him to do as it was disturbing their work, then that chain of actions would not have happened.

And how does that make him responsible? If I run someone over in my car, are they responsible for it because they shouldn't have left their house? What's the difference between that scenario and this one?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:54 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 02:50)
What I'm trying to say is, (gah I hate repeating myself over and over), IF he would have done something, which authorities asked him to do as it was disturbing their work, then that chain of actions would not have happened.

And how does that make him responsible? If I run someone over in my car, are they responsible for it because they shouldn't have left their house? What's the difference between that scenario and this one?

He is responsible if he doesn't use the crosswalk. When you cross the road from the middle, knowing there is no crosswalk, you can't put all blame on the driver that he didn't dodge. You're the one who is breaking the law, but like in this example and the shooting scenario, slight disregardness can cause huge consequences.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 09:54)

He is responsible if he doesn't use the crosswalk. When you cross the road from the middle, knowing there is no crosswalk, you can't put all blame on the driver that he didn't dodge. You're the one who is breaking the law, but like in this example and the shooting scenario, slight disregardness can cause huge consequences.

No, I mean if I purposefully run someone over.

You have an incredibly warped concept of blame.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:01 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 02:55)
QUOTE (oksa8 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 09:54)

No, I mean if I purposefully run someone over.

You have an incredibly warped concept of blame.

monocle.gif

Do you seriously think I'm that retard? He didn't follow the rules which police gave him, stuff happened and the police used lethal self-defence in a situation where it shouldn't be used. I'm not blaming only the owner, it's just not right to put all blame on the officer who shot the dog. Why, you are asking in your small mind? Because he was the one who came there later, probably after seeing only a dog which is coming at a cuffed man and two police, where he went between. The dog MIGHT not get shot if the third police didn't come there, but the owner would have just calmed the dog.

Still want to question something?

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:07 AM Edited by lil weasel, 04 July 2013 - 12:12 AM.

Watching the tape again, and running it slow. I would say the cops used due restraint.
The dog circled and approached and backed away. No one shot until the dog launched itself at the officer.
Yes, they all seemed to have their guns drawn and pointed, but no one shot until the dog made a definite move in attack mode.

user posted image user posted image

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:16 AM

In those photos you posted lil weasel, I can see that the officers had tazers on their belts. They should have pulled those before pulling their guns.

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:22 AM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 03:16)
In those photos you posted lil weasel, I can see that the officers had tazers on their belts. They should have pulled those before pulling their guns.

Read all the pages and tell me how many times there were said that police didn't need to use lethal force in that situation? I bet the number is pretty damn high. Why they didn't use the tasers? Only the police itself will know. Maybe because a dog might be a bit too small and fast target to hit, especially since you got one shot (or more?) to hit the dog. Especially if you are aiming to use your weapon at last the last moment possible, it would be near impossible to hit it. Anyways, who am I to speculate using taser, never even seen one in real life...

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:13 AM Edited by lil weasel, 04 July 2013 - 01:16 AM.

Mixed message on effectiveness:
Pit Bull Tasered 15 times during Attack: No Effect

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:14 AM Edited by CallTheCoroner, 04 July 2013 - 01:16 AM.

QUOTE (RoadRunner71)

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:01 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 01:13)
Mixed message on effectiveness:
Pit Bull Tasered 15 times during Attack: No Effect

This is what the cop should have done and not kill the dog

Irviding
  • Irviding

No bed crew

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:33 AM

As some of you know I am one to jump to the defense of cops, but that was pure laziness and bullsh*t. No reason why between the 3 of those men they could not have taken care of that dog non lethally.

Mr.Mordecai
  • Mr.Mordecai

To be, or not to be. That is the question.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:52 AM

Meh. He should have turned the music down.

unopieceo
  • unopieceo

Turdler Durpden

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • None
  • Best Vehicle 2012 [HD GTA Cars]

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:04 AM

So cops kill innocent people every day and no one cares but when they shoot one dog everyone goes ape sh*t. America; f*ck logic!

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:21 AM

QUOTE (OnePiece)
So cops kill innocent people every day and no one cares but when they shoot one dog everyone goes ape sh*t. America; f*ck logic!

Because here in America the average citizen has been molded into shallow, materialistic braindead f*ckwits who one another couldn't care less about.

Sadly dog lives are more valuable than the average American who regularly gets gunned down in a dark alley by the Police Mafia.

Ibrahimhassounah
  • Ibrahimhassounah

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:22 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 23:36)
QUOTE (Ibrahimhassounah @ Jul 3 2013, 23:27)
Why are you defending corrupted cops , the only reason these people who taped the scene didn't get caught cause the police didn't see them , YA RUB YMOTO FE STEEN DAHYA

Mind if I punch you?

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Jul 3 2013, 23:27)

Dog was just doing what dogs do. My dog does the same, when people she doesn't know get all up in her face she doesn't attack them but she takes a defensive stance and as long as they don't keep getting in her face she won't do anything further. She's never attacked anyone or even bitten anyone.

They should have put the owner in front of themselves and let him secure the dog since I doubt the dog would have reacted the way it did had the owner grabbed the leash instead of the cop. Don't they carry tasers, too?

TL;DR: Everyone involved is a moron.

I mostly agree with you. Though, the dog is rottweiler, and my dog also happens to be rottweiler, so I know that even if it's in a playful mood, it can easily scare the sh*t out of people who are used to more calm dogs. Dog's reaction can easily be mistaken as aggressive behaviour by a person who hasn't been in contact with dogs.

And like you said, Everyone involved is a moron. Each person in the scene made a mistake, which lead to the shooting.

EDIT:
QUOTE (Melchior @ Jul 3 2013, 23:31)
QUOTE (oksa8 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 09:13)
With this I didn't mean full corruption of police. Something which each nation has, and which is remarkable in United States. You can't deny that you'd rather live in a nation with some corrupted cops, while others handle their duty like their as supposed, when compared to a state where there are no laws, just anarchy.

And you can't deny you'd rather live in a nation where cops aren't corrupt at all... what's your point? That we should ignore things like this and just be grateful we have police at all?

However you want it to be, dear.

HE DID NOT GO TO JAIL, HE GOT CUFFED/ARRESTED AS HE DID NOT OBEY POLICE'S ORDERS TO PUT THE MUSIC DOWN NEAR A POLICE INVESTIGATION.

WHAT IS YOUR POINT HOW IS THIS EVEN A RESPONSE YOU DIDN'T RESPOND TO ANYTHING I SAID

It was the chain of actions which lead to his dog being shot. He was the person who started that chain, by, in general, just not using common sense and staying out of area when there is police operation going on. I know you still got something douchy to ask...

Still, he can blame himself for not in the first case not listening to police when there clearly is something going on in the area.

F*cking hell, how was he supposed to know they'd shoot his dog?

You can't expect that if you don't obey authorities, you won't get consequences.
Your sentence is like saying "Hey, how would have that murdered known that he'd go to jail after killing that man?"
sh*t happens. He could have evaded that by just leaving the area.

Just answer the question and stop ignoring it , you think you can hit me but looks like we aren't in the same country so before talking you should get your words right

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (OnePiece @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 03:04)

Pffft. Dogs are awesome, people are not. That's logic enough.

But seriously, if this was a video of an innocent person being gunned down, I'd be a lot more angry at the cop in this video. Still sucks about the dog though, I'd rather he have chosen a nonlethal way of dealing with it.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

QUOTE (oksa8 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 10:01)
He didn't follow the rules which police gave him

And what does that have to do with his dog being shot? How could he possibly know that his dog could be brutally killed as a result of him refusing to turn his music down?

XxPhillies26xX
  • XxPhillies26xX

"The future is in your hands"

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:05 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 23:21)
QUOTE (OnePiece)

Because here in America the average citizen has been molded into shallow, materialistic braindead f*ckwits who one another couldn't care less about.

Sadly dog lives are more valuable than the average American who regularly gets gunned down in a dark alley by the Police Mafia.

I definitely agree it is sad. This world needs to wake up. confused.gif

arsenal_fan
  • arsenal_fan

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

I think postmen should have guns as well so they can 'approiately' handle barking dogs like the police in this video. After all they would encounter plenty in their line of work.

Rudy
  • Rudy

Mack Pimp

• Zaibatsu
  • France

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:32 AM Edited by rudy., 04 July 2013 - 04:49 AM.

QUOTE (Tacymist @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 03:39)
Pffft. Dogs are awesome, people are not. That's logic enough.

Speak for your-f*ckin-self, I'm pretty awesome.

But seriously, it's barbarities like this that brings a bad reputation for cops among people. Just because of some screw loose cop(s), people brand every single cops out there as assholes. I'm really anticipating the day when people will stop urinating on cops' cars.

It sucks to be a cop in America, really.

@Audiophile: Great post! icon14.gif

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:47 AM

QUOTE (ThaBoY @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 04:00)
QUOTE (Fireman @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:55)
Still, guy was being an asshole, dog came out agressive, cops are in the right to shoot in self-defense, but mweh.

That was no self-defence mate, that was just out of fear.

Poor dog. sad.gif

I'm not condoning anything the police man did, but reacting out of fear is self defence.

I'm not going to watch the video anyway, it probably won't bother me all that much since I've never really liked rottweilers, but I see no point in testing myself.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States
  • Most GIFted Member

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:53 AM

QUOTE (rudy. @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 04:32)
But seriously, it's barbarities like this that brings a bad reputation for the cops among people. Just because of some screw loose cop, people brand every single cops out there as assholes. I'm really anticipating the day when people will stop urinating on cops' cars.

It sucks to be a cop in America, really.

Yep. As much as I dislike how this officer handled that situation, not all of them are like that. But sadly not everyone sees it that way and they just put all policemen in the same sh*tty boat.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:56 AM

I'd like to make a few points:

-The car's radio was not over the public decibel limit.
-The "supercop" didn't like the owner of the dog ( possibly) due to the history he has had with their department.
-The guy went ahead and didn't resist. But the cops claimed otherwise.
-The dog did not attack; he was just being curious and trust me, I know.
-The owner said "no" too.
-Why the f*ck did the police not as the owner to secure the dog.
-The police did not shoot it only once "out of fear"; but a full 5 f*cking bullets in it.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:11 AM

What's this dude's business being so close to the stand off? Couldn't he move, y'know, about 3 feet over and continue playing the music?

J32T3R
  • J32T3R

Stone Free

• Members
  • Kazakhstan

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

All of this could have been avoided if the Dog Owner wasn't so defiant.

SRB
  • SRB

Riding the highway to nowhere.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:25 AM

QUOTE (Mr.Mordecai @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 02:52)
Meh. He should have turned the music down.

Your truly f*cked up man.

OT: When I read the opening post, I knew I shouldn't watch the video and I did. Literally started shaking. The dog wanted their attention and ran up. They could of easily had the owner put it back in the car, or used a tazer or anything. That cop pulled his gun immediatly and waited for it to make any move. So f*cked up, makes me think even lower of cops then I already do. I wish nothing but the worst for the officer responsible. He shot the dog, and then sat their and f*cking watched as if suffered.

I agree with you Banger, if I'd seen that, or had it been my dog I'd of done everything I could to cause as much pain to the man responsible. Even if it meant getting my ass kicked or law trouble.

The Pizza Delivery Guy
  • The Pizza Delivery Guy

If You Know What I Mean

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:08 AM

Love how everyone's jumping onto the f*ck DA POLICE boat without paying attention to details in the video. It's the owner's fault he got his dog killed.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by Ferocious Banger, 04 July 2013 - 07:40 AM.

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 12:38)
Love how everyone's jumping onto the f*ck DA POLICE boat without paying attention to details in the video. It's the owner's fault he got his dog killed.

Yep. Owner asked for the dog to be killed. Right..

Look. There was absolutely no reason to handcuff the guy in the first place. The police claimed that they guy tried to escape, but he evidently didn't.

That local police department has allegedly had issues with the minority. I don't know how legit the allegations are, but there is some history between him and the police.

The third police guy ( who shot the dog ) was the last to come on to the scene; and how did he come? With a f*cking gun pointed at the dog. He clearly had enough time to equip a taser.

He looked like he was just waiting for the dog to jump. The dog did not initially try to maul the police officers. He was just curious. Trust me.

But like any other dog, he sensed the hostility from the police. Dogs know that. Dogs feed off your energy.

It is not like the son of a dirty little c*nt shot only once "out of ooohh fear!11". He shot the animal several times. He had enough time to regain his composure...but he kept on firing the damn bullets.

To add insult to the injury, they just left that dog like it was a a f*cking cockroach. They still haven't returned the body to the owner.

Oh, and by the way, what stopped the pigs from asking the owner to secure the dog? It's not like the owner wished the dog attacked the officers; if you listen closely, you can clearly hear him yelling "NO".

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"Not Santa's balls!"

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

QUOTE (The Pizza Delivery Guy @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 01:08)
It's the owner's fault he got his dog killed.

gonna' have to disagree with you.

there were at least 3 grown men standing right there when the dog jumped at the officer who shot it.
so you're telling me that between 3 grown men - against a dog that wasn't actually biting anyone - they couldn't have restrained the animal peacefully?

that's bullsh*t.
I'm usually looking for reasons to defend law enforcement, especially since most people do jump on the 'f*ck-the-police' bandwagon, as you noted.
but in this case their behavior towards the dog is INEXCUSABLE.

there's no reason the animal had to be shot like it was.
if I was in charge of that police department it would be a very easy decision for me to suspend the officer who opened fire. he CLEARLY overreacted.

K20
  • K20

Woooo-rah

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:55 AM

its an animal. animals die everyday. and we eat them. dogs are no different. they're just animals.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users