Photo

Cop kills a rottweiler

425 replies to this topic
TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

Mikhail Faustin's Gyneocologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE (GTAforthe21thcentury @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:30)
QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 16:45)
The cop needs to die a cruel, cruel death imho.

It's just a dog.

That was quite the idiotic thing to say!

I mean, I don't mind if a dog gets killed for trying to maul a police officer, but saying "it's just a dog" is the false accusation that all dogs are unimportant.

Melchior
  • Melchior

The lights are so bright, but they never blind me

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • China

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:56 PM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 09:05)
I've tried explaining my point to you that it's harder to actually handle this situation when it's thrown in your face than to mull over it in our warm, comfy chairs and why, lawfully, the cop is entirely in the right however you've just ignored these points in favour of your assumption that most, if not all, cops are power hungry.

Because those points aren't sufficient. The dog's owner was standing right there, and there was no problem at all until the cop moved towards the dog. he created the entire situation. The "he was acting under pressure" argument doesn't work when there was no pressure to speak of. A dog calmly scoping things out, while his owner is right there, isn't a dire situation that requires a fight or flight response. Further, even if that wasn't the case, it is still 100% the fault of the police for approaching him and handcuffing him in the first place, since he hasn't been charged with any crime.

I'm not assuming they wantonly handcuffed a man and killed his dog because they are drunk on power. I'm assuming they are drunk on power because they wantonly handcuffed a man and killed his dog.

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:10 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 23:56)
QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 09:05)
I've tried explaining my point to you that it's harder to actually handle this situation when it's thrown in your face than to mull over it in our warm, comfy chairs and why, lawfully, the cop is entirely in the right however you've just ignored these points in favour of your assumption that most, if not all, cops are power hungry.

Because those points aren't sufficient. The dog's owner was standing right there, and there was no problem at all until the cop moved towards the dog. he created the entire situation. The "he was acting under pressure" argument doesn't work when there was no pressure to speak of. A dog calmly scoping things out, while his owner is right there, isn't a dire situation that requires a fight or flight response. Further, even if that wasn't the case, it is still 100% the fault of the police for approaching him and handcuffing him in the first place, since he hasn't been charged with any crime.

I'm not assuming they wantonly handcuffed a man and killed his dog because they are drunk on power. I'm assuming they are drunk on power because they wantonly handcuffed a man and killed his dog.

Oh listen to yourself (then again I guess you do, that's why you can't accept an alternative chain of events or standpoint)...

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:07 PM

Exactly. How many people have said, that handcuffing a person if he is suspected to harm others, is allowed in USA? Pretty damn many. How he was "harming the others"? Not directly in any way, but still listening loud music near a police operation and going too near the police perimeter. He wasn't cuffed because of the filming itself, but the area he was doing it.

The dog's owner was standing right there, and there was no problem at all until the cop moved towards the dog.

The owner indeed was standing there. He doesn't seem to do a thing in the situation. He could have also said to the cops to let him handle the dog. And the dog was already there, not in the place is was supposed to be.

he created the entire situation.

As someone said, it was a clusterf*ck of events which led to dog being shot.

The "he was acting under pressure" argument doesn't work when there was no pressure to speak of.

Yeah, being in a middle of police operation while two of your colleagues handcuff a man, whose rottweiler decides to go after his owner. Nothing special.

it is still 100% the fault of the police for approaching him

Mind asking, but why you think so? As said, owner seems not to even try to do a thing, and the dog shouldn't be left alone on the streets. Especially if there are police operationrs just across the street. He tried to grab the dog, though doing it way too rapidly, and that gave the dog enough reason to go for the police.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:35 PM

Don't you think if the cops actually thought the guy was threat that they wouldn't just casually walk up to him and handcuff him?

aStiffSausage
  • aStiffSausage

Formerly Oksu

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:48 PM

QUOTE (CallTheCoroner @ Wednesday, Jul 10 2013, 21:35)
Don't you think if the cops actually thought the guy was threat that they wouldn't just casually walk up to him and handcuff him?

Who knows, maybe. It's hard to say about imaginery situation which both of us might think in a lot more different ways than other one does.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users