Cop kills a rottweiler

425 replies to this topic
Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 11:29)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:48)
The dog's owner was fully cooperating so I don't know what your point is.

Once the Irons are on, during a full custody arrest, they don't come off until at the lockup. If the dog was 'trained' the owner should have just said, "Sit" and the situation would have been done.
The dog attacked the cop who was not the man holding the owner.

If the dog was 'trained' the owner should have just said, "Sit" and the situation would have been done

Yep. 'Sit' is the first thing that comes to your mind when you get handcuffed.

No other cop went near the dog like a total dumb-f*ck. Here's what was wrong:

-The dog was already aware of something being wrong.
-The dog was ready to defend it's owner.
-The cop comes in and hurriedly tries to grab the leash of a dog whose owner has been sensed to be in trouble by the dog.
-The dog was a freaking rottweiler.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 08 July 2013 - 06:52 AM Edited by finn4life, 08 July 2013 - 06:58 AM.

How do you expect officers to be rational in a hostile situation then? You're being pretty hypocritical.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:30 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 12:22)

How do you expect officers to be rational in a hostile situation then? You're being pretty hypocritical.

I've said this before: It was a collective clusterf*ck by humans, for which the dog became a victim.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Vietnam

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:39 AM Edited by Melchior, 08 July 2013 - 10:39 AM.

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 15:59)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:48)
The dog's owner was fully cooperating so I don't know what your point is.

Once the Irons are on, during a full custody arrest, they don't come off until at the lockup. If the dog was 'trained' the owner should have just said, "Sit" and the situation would have been done.

Except 1) he hasn't been charged with anything, so it isn't a full custody arrest and 2) they could have easily let him go temporarily while he handled the situation with the dog. Further, "sit" probably would have sufficed if the third cop hadn't barged in and tried to grab the dog's leash when it was already agitated.

There is absolutely no way to spin this as being the fault of anyone but the cop.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

What's done, is done, the owner is at fault, the cop is at fault, it is NOT the DOGS.
Dogs act on instincts not on "thoughts" like us. There's a difference.

It isn't worth talking about it anymore, sorry, the dog is gone and nothing will bring him back. And you know, the cop won't receive sh*t.

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 01:56)
What's done, is done, the owner is at fault, the cop is at fault, it is NOT the DOGS.
Dogs act on instincts not on "thoughts" like us. There's a difference.

It isn't worth talking about it anymore, sorry, the dog is gone and nothing will bring him back. And you know, the cop won't receive sh*t.

Except for threats from Anonymous, You know how they get sh*t done..

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:10 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 08:39)
There is absolutely no way to spin this as being the fault of anyone but the cop.

Of course there isn't. In your delusional, bias mind at least.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 12:18 PM Edited by Sleepy187., 08 July 2013 - 12:20 PM.

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 12:10)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 08:39)

Of course there isn't. In your delusional, bias mind at least.

Each has different opinions, just because you have another opinion than him it doesn't make yours right and a fact and his a sh*t opinion.

If you can't accept others' opinions then I see no reason to talk to others. It's simple as.
Want my opinion?
If not.
Don't read.

My opinion is, it's both the owner's fault and the cops'.
Get over it.

Edit: Obviously the dog isn't at fault here.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 13:18)
Each has different opinions, just because you have another opinion than him it doesn't make yours right and a fact and his a sh*t opinion.

So I'm not allowed to criticize peoples opinions and question the legitimacy for holding said opinions? "Let's all just state our opinions and not have a discussion about them if we disagree."

Don't be a boring sod.

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:09 PM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 16:39)

So I'm not allowed to criticize peoples opinions and question the legitimacy for holding said opinions? "Let's all just state our opinions and not have a discussion about them if we disagree."

Don't be a boring sod.

Criticize one's opinion, no one tells you not to, but try to do it in a nicer way, I can't stand it the way some people talk.

"Delusional, biased mind", you could've said it better.

Mockage
  • Mockage

Before the celebration

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 13:09)
QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 16:39)

Don't be a boring sod.

Criticize one's opinion, no one tells you not to, but try to do it in a nicer way, I can't stand it the way some people talk.

"Delusional, biased mind", you could've said it better.

This is the internet, don't try and take the moral high ground you melt.

Melchior
  • Melchior

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Vietnam

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:39 AM

QUOTE (d0mm2k8 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 02:39)
So I'm not allowed to criticize peoples opinions and question the legitimacy for holding said opinions?

Except you haven't done that. I've explained why it was the cop's fault (he wasn't charged with anything so shouldn't have been handcuffed, they could have let him go to calm down the dog anyway, the only reason the dog lunged at the cop was because he barged in trying to grab his leash) and you've offered no comment- all you've done is occasionally butt in with your fingers in your ears going "la la la la I can't hear you you're just biased against cops la la la la"

But please, explain why he was handcuffed without being charged with a crime. Explain why they couldn't have let him calm down his dog. Explain why the cop that shot the dog felt the need to run in between the dog and his owner and try to grab the leash. Explain why the cop couldn't take a little nip and had to shoot the dog. We've all been bitten by dogs, and at no point does killing the dog cross our minds.

What he did was stupid, and like it or not, a perfect example of the police's incompetence, power drunkenness, disregard for other people, gang mentality and immunity to consequence. That's why people are outraged, not because they have some arbitrary hatred of police and are always waiting for an opportunity to rag on them.

SickBoi
  • SickBoi

Formerly, KFranchise. I wanna change my name back to it tho...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

I've watched the tape multiple times and honestly, the cops should have done a way better job.

First, why did they have to cuff him for playing his music too loud which want loud enough to break the law? Either tell the person turn your music down, or fine them. As for the dog owner recording them, why shouldn't he? People around the world has this right, the freedom of speech, religion, press, and protest. There is no way for those cops to violate that right.

Second, it was 3-4 policemen when they arrested the owner. They couldn't have scared it off? Or fire a warning shot to the ground? Or let the owner secure his dog? That owner payed legally, hard, and earned money for that dog. So don't compare a dog's life to an insect's life. We buy pets like dogs, cats, and etc. That dog did not deserve to die like that. I don't care what life form you are, what color you are, AN INNOCENT PERSON OR THING DOES NOT DESERVED TO BE SHOT TO DEATH.

A dog's mind doesn't work like a human mind. That dog's instinct didn't tell him "stay the f*ck away from these cops," it said "go protect your owner." It's was doing what a dog knew best. It was doing it's job.

Did the dog deserve to die for doing what it was supposed to do?

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 09 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

The "warning shot" thing has been covered. One, you don't see warming shots used. Police aren't trained to fire warning shots because they don't work, even for crowd suppression. They're also very dangerous as a warning shot upward trajectory can carry a round well beyond its usual maximum range and place people in danger. A shot into the ground just risks the bullet fragmenting into someone nearby. And how do you know how a potentially dangerous animal is going to react to a shot anyway? It's just as likely to make things far worse.

dooshtoomun
  • dooshtoomun

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 16:52)
QUOTE (Frenzzy @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:20)
Sh*t! That's horrible...sometimes reminds me about brave pets trying to save their owners sad.gif

Trust me. I went in without thinking about the emotional effects this will cast on me. I watched it. I cried.

I agree. When I saw it fall back and stumble I nearly lost it...

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 03:39)
So I'm not allowed to criticize peoples opinions and question the legitimacy for holding said opinions?

Except you haven't done that. I've explained why it was the cop's fault (he wasn't charged with anything so shouldn't have been handcuffed, they could have let him go to calm down the dog anyway, the only reason the dog lunged at the cop was because he barged in trying to grab his leash) and you've offered no comment- all you've done is occasionally butt in with your fingers in your ears going "la la la la I can't hear you you're just biased against cops la la la la"

But please, explain why he was handcuffed without being charged with a crime. Explain why they couldn't have let him calm down his dog. Explain why the cop that shot the dog felt the need to run in between the dog and his owner and try to grab the leash. Explain why the cop couldn't take a little nip and had to shoot the dog. We've all been bitten by dogs, and at no point does killing the dog cross our minds.

What he did was stupid, and like it or not, a perfect example of the police's incompetence, power drunkenness, disregard for other people, gang mentality and immunity to consequence. That's why people are outraged, not because they have some arbitrary hatred of police and are always waiting for an opportunity to rag on them.

I don't know about the states, but I can handcuff anybody I see fit. They don't need to be charged, arrested or even officially detained for the cuffs to be applied.

One such example, call to 4 youths reported with a knife, all 4 of them were placed in cuffs (but not arrested) whilst we searched them for offensive weapons - one knife recovered but couldn't be used on us...

Killerdude8
  • Killerdude8

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (MikeWh @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 08:59)

I don't know about the states, but I can handcuff anybody I see fit. They don't need to be charged, arrested or even officially detained for the cuffs to be applied.

One such example, call to 4 youths reported with a knife, all 4 of them were placed in cuffs (but not arrested) whilst we searched them for offensive weapons - one knife recovered but couldn't be used on us...

You had a reason to cuff and detain them, They were reported with a weapon, The guy in the video was just playing music and recording the Police. They had no right cuffing him.

Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 09 July 2013 - 04:20 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 07:11)
QUOTE (MikeWh @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 08:59)

You had a reason to cuff and detain them, They were reported with a weapon, The guy in the video was just playing music and recording the Police. They had no right cuffing him.

No, he just said he doesn't need a reason. The guy in the video was playing loud music, at an area where a police operation was obviously in progress, and was told a number of times by the police to lower the volume down or get away from the area, couldn't quite hear it. He didn't comply, after repeated warnings, cops started walking towards him, the guy knew what was going to happen, and they handcuffed him.

Look it at the cops perspective: they are in the middle of a police operation. Some unknown guy starts walking around, with loud music, with a menacing dog. Cops tell him to stay away, because they don't know what the guy is up to, what is his relation to whoever they are after. Guy doesn't comply. After repeated warnings, he starts to comply only after being handcuffed. Again, cops don't have a clue who this guy is or why is he so set on the scene. The dog threatens them, sh*t escalates, dog gets shot.

In hindsight, it's easy to say "Oh the cops shouldn't have done that! They should have let him go calm his dog! They should have never handcuffed him!" but hindsight is 20 20, and we don't know all the facts of whatever happened. I don't think cops are specially trained in how to deal with dogs or any other animals, and I know that if I had a large dog lunging at me, like a rottweiler, knowing of it's capability for causing harm, my first reaction would be to use anything I have at reach to knock out/kill/incapacitate the dog. For the cop, it happened to be the gun he had at his reach. We've all been bitten by dogs, and for some of us killing the dog has crossed our minds, specially when the dog maimed someone dear to us.

SickBoi
  • SickBoi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 06:19 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 03:49)
The "warning shot" thing has been covered. One, you don't see warming shots used. Police aren't trained to fire warning shots because they don't work, even for crowd suppression. They're also very dangerous as a warning shot upward trajectory can carry a round well beyond its usual maximum range and place people in danger. A shot into the ground just risks the bullet fragmenting into someone nearby. And how do you know how a potentially dangerous animal is going to react to a shot anyway? It's just as likely to make things far worse.

Dogs don't react violently towards gunshots. Dogs sense and know to get away from danger.

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Empty Pleasures and Desperate Measures since 1994

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D, General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:27 PM

QUOTE (KFranchise @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 19:19)
Dogs don't react violently towards gunshots.

Depends entirely on the dog. Some animals are completely unfazed by gunfire- there are entire type categories of dog bred for the sole purpose of retrieving game shot by their masters. Dogs used in military and police operations are trained to ignore loud noises, up to and including artillery fire, let alone conventional handgun fire. Fight-or-flight response varies greatly depending on breed, upbringing, exact circumstances and animal psyche. To say that "dogs don't react violently towards gunshots" is a completely unqualified statement, and unless you can prove it is empirically the case (hint- you won't be able to, because it isn't) also completely meaningless.

SickBoi
  • SickBoi

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 16:27)

Depends entirely on the dog. Some animals are completely unfazed by gunfire- there are entire type categories of dog bred for the sole purpose of retrieving game shot by their masters. Dogs used in military and police operations are trained to ignore loud noises, up to and including artillery fire, let alone conventional handgun fire. Fight-or-flight response varies greatly depending on breed, upbringing, exact circumstances and animal psyche. To say that "dogs don't react violently towards gunshots" is a completely unqualified statement, and unless you can prove it is empirically the case (hint- you won't be able to, because it isn't) also completely meaningless.

The only problem is, that dog wasn't trained to ignore gunfire. If it was, it wouldn't have "attacked" the officers. The officers could have completely ignored that whole situation if they would have let the owner lock his dog up more properly. There's nothing to it. It's not the owner's fault that his dog was killed.

lloydo
  • lloydo

Count

• Members
  • None

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:58 PM

Poor animal. Those cops deserve a few lashes. mad.gif

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:59 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 14:27)

Some dogs have been trained to run toward gunfire and attack the person holding the gun, regardless of their life.

What about pepper spray though? Don't you think that could have ended this in a better way?

finn4life,

Police officers are supposed to be trained to handle volatile situations like this. That's the whole point of having them go through training, qualification, etc. etc. Otherwise everyone could just be a cop... So with that being said, if a cop does a poor job like seen here, I think there should be more at stake than just a simple reprimand.

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 21:59)

Some dogs have been trained to run toward gunfire and attack the person holding the gun, regardless of their life.

What about pepper spray though? Don't you think that could have ended this in a better way?

finn4life,

Police officers are supposed to be trained to handle volatile situations like this. That's the whole point of having them go through training, qualification, etc. etc. Otherwise everyone could just be a cop... So with that being said, if a cop does a poor job like seen here, I think there should be more at stake than just a simple reprimand.

I'd like to see YOUR qualification to say they've done a 'poor' job.

SagaciousKJB
  • SagaciousKJB

Captain tl;dr

• The Connection

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:23 PM

QUOTE (MikeWh @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:10)

finn4life,

My qualifications to say they've done a poor job is that I'm a citizen of the U.S. that pays taxes which employ these officers. So personally, I feel that I along with the rest of the general populace's opinions of how the police have done their job is the only valid one. Contrary to popular belief the police aren't there ( or weren't always ) just be right-hands of the state to enforce laws, arrest and issue tickets, they're supposed to protect us and serve us.

Meanwhile, you know what bicyclists are using a lot these days to handle dogs? Pepper spray. Pretty sure if some average Joe bicyclist can effectively use pepper spray against a dog with little or not training, then a police officer who has been trained extensively in its use should be able to as well.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• Members
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

The threat was present, but until the dog made the aggressive move the Cops shouldn't antagonize the creature. The Cops were wary of the possible danger of death, maiming, or serious bodily harm to themselves or they wouldn't have their guns drawn. The only cop that shot was the Cop that was attacked by the dog.
That that Cop attempted to get control of the dog prior to shooting was evident in his reaching for the leash.

You don't spray chemicals into the face of a creature with unknown result.
You don't Taser ™ a creature that has small target area and with unknown result (fur, muscle, etc.)
You don't fire 'warning' or 'crippling' shots, if you must shoot it must be to kill.

'Combat' dogs are trained to go or a visible weapon.

The situation could have been better (without us knowing the facts) if the Crime scene perimeter was farther away.
The situation could have been better if the 'Nosey Parker' had decided to keep on driving to the dog park.
The situation could have been better if he owned a family dog, instead of an 'attack dog' breed.
The situation could have been better if the dog's owner wasn't acting like he did.

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (SagaciousKJB @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 22:23)
QUOTE (MikeWh @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 15:10)

finn4life,

My qualifications to say they've done a poor job is that I'm a citizen of the U.S. that pays taxes which employ these officers. So personally, I feel that I along with the rest of the general populace's opinions of how the police have done their job is the only valid one. Contrary to popular belief the police aren't there ( or weren't always ) just be right-hands of the state to enforce laws, arrest and issue tickets, they're supposed to protect us and serve us.

Meanwhile, you know what bicyclists are using a lot these days to handle dogs? Pepper spray. Pretty sure if some average Joe bicyclist can effectively use pepper spray against a dog with little or not training, then a police officer who has been trained extensively in its use should be able to as well.

I pay taxes and paid my wages.

Just paying for them doesn't make you qualified.

d0mm2k8
  • d0mm2k8

ad infinitum

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:05 PM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Tuesday, Jul 9 2013, 04:39)
all you've done is occasionally butt in with your fingers in your ears going "la la la la I can't hear you you're just biased against cops la la la la"

Except this is exactly what you've been doing, except in the opposite direction. I've tried explaining my point to you that it's harder to actually handle this situation when it's thrown in your face than to mull over it in our warm, comfy chairs and why, lawfully, the cop is entirely in the right however you've just ignored these points in favour of your assumption that most, if not all, cops are power hungry.
Hell, if you showed me actual evidence that this was a corrupt act of a powermad cop I'd concede and agree with you, but all you've had to offer is "Well I've seen it a lot where I live. heard about it and seen it on videos so this guy must be just the same". Sorry, that just doesn't cut it.
Yes there are corrupt and terrible police out there that get away with their sh*t and it really does infuriate me, but in this case I just don't see the comparison.
At least we can agree this situation was retarded, though I don't think any party is more to blame than the other.

I've probably been a bit too ad hominemy with you which I apologize for. I'm way too tired at the moment to make an actual coherent point but maybe I'll post in this thread again tomorrow.

TurdsFTW
  • TurdsFTW

Mikhail Faustin's Gyneocologist

• BUSTED!

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

(the following should not give an educated person the idea that I was not disturbed by the video, because I was a little bit, as I own a dog myself)

You are all idiots. The dog tried to attack the police officer.

Self-defense.

GTAforthe21thcentury
  • GTAforthe21thcentury

Thug

• Members

Posted 09 July 2013 - 11:30 PM

QUOTE (Ferocious Banger @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 16:45)
The cop needs to die a cruel, cruel death imho.

It's just a dog.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users