Cop kills a rottweiler

425 replies to this topic
Tchuck
  • Tchuck

Grey Gaming

• Feroci
  • Japan

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

QUOTE (GTAfiveFAN @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 02:06)
So did anyone else hear about the cop that recently shot and killed a Pitbull in Petco? The Pitbull had a confrontation with a Maltise, but the owners managed to separate them for a little while. Suddenly, the teenage Pitbull owner lost control of the dog and the Pitbull began attacking the Maltise to kill it. A cop came and shot the Pitbull, killing it, while being able to bring the Maltise to a vet. I think this is ridiculous, considering the officer in this scenario was not being charged by the dog itself and could have tried other tactics

Here's a video explaining what happened, it is NOT graphic, it is just a recap
http://video.foxnews...id=938973798001

So, you see a very aggressive dog attacking another dog, with intent to kill, the owner being unable to control the dog. What would you do? Wrestle with the dog? Try to attack it with a tazer, hoping it sticks and works otherwise it might turn the dog on you? Try to reason with the dog? Bait him with something else?
Go aheadn, condemn the cop for putting down an aggressive and vicious dog that was about to kill another dog, in the ending saving that dog's life. What "other tactics" should he have tried?

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

That was pretty funny.
Anyway, f*ck the police. It's something I have been chanting since childhood.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:49)
That was pretty funny.
Anyway, f*ck the police. It's something I have been chanting since childhood.

I thought you were an educated black guy?

Target13
  • Target13

Beyond Creativity®

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:52 PM

I'm now officially against he police all over the world! I Now Will Say The Words That Most Anti-Police Men Say!

user posted image
f*ck THE POLICE!

Notorious Big
  • Notorious Big

• Overlord •

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:17 PM

Did anyone see this video it's old but man this officer had no right to do what he did, If your to lazy to watch then skip to 5:00.

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 08:22 PM

QUOTE (Target13 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 19:52)
I'm now officially against he police all over the world! I Now Will Say The Words That Most Anti-Police Men Say!

user posted image
f*ck THE POLICE!

Grow up.

AKalashnikov
  • AKalashnikov

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:44 AM Edited by AKalashnikov, 07 July 2013 - 07:00 AM.

Here's a cop that can handle the heat.

I have a lot of experience with dogs so my view is probably biased, but I still think a lot more could've been done to avoid using lethal force.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

QUOTE (Tchuck @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 04:23)
So did anyone else hear about the cop that recently shot and killed a Pitbull in Petco? The Pitbull had a confrontation with a Maltise, but the owners managed to separate them for a little while. Suddenly, the teenage Pitbull owner lost control of the dog and the Pitbull began attacking the Maltise to kill it. A cop came and shot the Pitbull, killing it, while being able to bring the Maltise to a vet. I think this is ridiculous, considering the officer in this scenario was not being charged by the dog itself and could have tried other tactics

So, you see a very aggressive dog attacking another dog, with intent to kill, the owner being unable to control the dog. What would you do? Wrestle with the dog? Try to attack it with a tazer, hoping it sticks and works otherwise it might turn the dog on you? Try to reason with the dog? Bait him with something else?
Go aheadn, condemn the cop for putting down an aggressive and vicious dog that was about to kill another dog, in the ending saving that dog's life. What "other tactics" should he have tried?

Gtafiver has obviously never seen a pitbull attack either, theyare almost impossible to break free of whatever they attack.

I watched a video where one clamped onto another dog and the pitbull was kicked, punched, bashed with hard objects and everything and it didn't let go until the other dog was killed. I am getting a little tired of the People constantly hating on police for stupid sh*t, example being this, and this whole topic, the cop was in the right to shoot in Both incidents.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:26 PM

What the f*ck is wrong with US police?
Jesus Christ.

bread
  • bread

Nutrition Facts not needed

• The Connection
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

What's sort of grinding my gears is the fact that people are sending death threats to these police officers. Yes, death threats, all over a dog.

A DOG.

I can definitely understand if it's a human being but come on, a dog? Yeah I get it, a dog is a mans best friend (not necessarily so true) but why do these morons feel the need to send death threats? Oh I know why, it's so that they can make themselves feel good. A cop kills a dog and you have all these people hopping the bandwagon and are now sending death threats in order to fit in with the crowd. You think any of them actually give a rats ass about the dog? No. It's just an excuse to say "f*ck you" to the police.

It's childish and stupid. The cops who were in the video are now fearing for their lives AND their families simply because ignorant people feel the need to threaten them with death all because one of them merely defended himself whereas the other 2 arrested a man, but that doesn't mean you threaten to kill them. Yes, what they did was stupid and much over the top but come on, their families are in fear now.

The Odyssey
  • The Odyssey

Big Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:42 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 14:38)
What's sort of grinding my gears is the fact that people are sending death threats to these police officers. Yes, death threats, all over a dog.

A DOG.

I can definitely understand if it's a human being but come on, a dog? Yeah I get it, a dog is a mans best friend (not necessarily so true) but why do these morons feel the need to send death threats? Oh I know why, it's so that they can make themselves feel good. A cop kills a dog and you have all these people hopping the bandwagon and are now sending death threats in order to fit in with the crowd. You think any of them actually give a rats ass about the dog? No. It's just an excuse to say "f*ck you" to the police.

It's childish and stupid. The cops who were in the video are now fearing for their lives AND their families simply because ignorant people feel the need to threaten them with death all because one of them merely defended himself whereas the other 2 arrested a man, but that doesn't mean you threaten to kill them. Yes, what they did was stupid and much over the top but come on, their families are in fear now.

icon14.gif icon14.gif

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 07:59)

Gtafiver has obviously never seen a pitbull attack either, theyare almost impossible to break free of whatever they attack.

I watched a video where one clamped onto another dog and the pitbull was kicked, punched, bashed with hard objects and everything and it didn't let go until the other dog was killed. I am getting a little tired of the People constantly hating on police for stupid sh*t, example being this, and this whole topic, the cop was in the right to shoot in Both incidents.

@ both of you, I'm sorry, I have never seen a bigger dog attack something and have no clue how tough it would be to get it to stop, I should have known better than to speak without prior knowledge. Pardon my ignorance with this question, but would a taser distract the Pitbull?

MikeWh
  • MikeWh

Bender

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:18 PM Edited by MikeWh, 07 July 2013 - 03:22 PM.

QUOTE (GTAfiveFAN @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 14:56)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 07:59)

@ both of you, I'm sorry, I have never seen a bigger dog attack something and have no clue how tough it would be to get it to stop, I should have known better than to speak without prior knowledge. Pardon my ignorance with this question, but would a taser distract the Pitbull?

The likelihood of a Taser discharge hitting the dog would be about 10% - then there's not 100% guarantee it works.

Even on humans, from what I've seen happen the Taser failure rate is about 55% so you always have a secondary force model available (Baton or CS here)

Taser is fantastic, but not that fantastic...

edit: The reason Taser isn't as effective as you may think isn't actaully a problem with the device (though bad batteries can be a problem) but more the cartridge deployment system - if the barbs are too close on contact they short against each other rendering the entire device useless, if your aim is off and you get contact from one barb (which happens a lot, targets tend to move when Taser is being deployed) and the other hits the ground it's useless - so many variables so it's never as simple as saying Taser = less leathal. In a dog attack you want one, safe, quick option to prevent injury to yourself and others and in this situation the officer used a sidearm to deliver that, myself I think I'd try my CS and then scream in pain when it doesn't work and wait for someone with a gun to turn up!

GTAfiveFAN
  • GTAfiveFAN

Take a shot, amigo!

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:36 PM

QUOTE (MikeWh @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 15:18)
The likelihood of a Taser discharge hitting the dog would be about 10% - then there's not 100% guarantee it works.

Even on humans, from what I've seen happen the Taser failure rate is about 55% so you always have a secondary force model available (Baton or CS here)

Taser is fantastic, but not that fantastic...

edit: The reason Taser isn't as effective as you may think isn't actaully a problem with the device (though bad batteries can be a problem) but more the cartridge deployment system - if the barbs are too close on contact they short against each other rendering the entire device useless, if your aim is off and you get contact from one barb (which happens a lot, targets tend to move when Taser is being deployed) and the other hits the ground it's useless - so many variables so it's never as simple as saying Taser = less leathal. In a dog attack you want one, safe, quick option to prevent injury to yourself and others and in this situation the officer used a sidearm to deliver that, myself I think I'd try my CS and then scream in pain when it doesn't work and wait for someone with a gun to turn up!

Thanks a lot for the thorough answer, it's greatly appreciated. In that case, I guess shoot to disable was the best option for the police in both cases. I think that the police action is justified because in both incidents, lives were at risk by an aggressor and the police must defend themselves/others in cases like this, whether its a human or an animal.

Absurdity
  • Absurdity

ϟ

• The Precinct
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

The owner has no doubt spent the duration of his time since the incident wanking himself silly that the cops have given him a perfect cause to continue his silly little vendetta against the 5-O. Which is what he was looking for from the get go.

LeVelocar
  • LeVelocar

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members
  • Vietnam

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 14:38)

A DOG.

Yeah, we want the cop to die because he shot a dog. And also, because he's a cop.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 20:08)

A DOG.

Even though I'm on the Dog's side in this incident, it's pretty retarded to put the cop's family in danger when they didn't do anything at all.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:34 PM

They will get over it... He won't be shooting anymore dogs in the future tho..

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:38 PM

QUOTE (Mockage @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 08:38)

A DOG.

What frames everyone seems to be ignoring, are the ones before the 3rd officer bolted up. That dog in those frames had no intent to attack anyone.

Fun fact; dogs have some of the most densely packed scent receptors in their noses? Pepper spray would've driven that dog to the ground and solved that problem, or solved it long enough to move the animal into a place where it could cause no harm, but the fact the officer ran up gun drawn, meant he planned on going home a few rounds lighter.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:39 PM

What frames everyone seems to be ignoring, are the ones before the 3rd officer bolted up. That dog in those frames had no intent to attack anyone.

I did mention that multiple times actually, the officer made a huge mistake when he charged the dog.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:43 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 10:39)

I did mention that multiple times actually, the officer made a huge mistake when he charged the dog.l.

Which is mostly the reason people here are blaming the police, the owner is responsible, but the police are ultimately why his dog is dead, had the 3rd officer not done what he did, it wouldn't have spiraled out of control.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

Shoot Looters, Hang Pirates!

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States
  • Contribution Award [San Andreas]

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 16:39)
[T]he officer made a huge mistake when he charged the dog.

The Cop bent down as he was reaching for the Leash, that is hardly charging.

GTA_stu
  • GTA_stu

-

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-Kingdom
  • Funniest Member 2013
    Funniest Member 2012

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:12 PM

The only way he "charged" it, was in the sense that you charge someone for committing a crime. Well he charged that dog with being about to bite and attack him, and delivered swift canine justice, and promptly shot the f*cker.

Seriously, the officer was acting in self defense. A big powerful dog was jumping at him, what did you want him to do? See if it just wanted to have a little nibble? I'd have done the exact same thing if I was in his position.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:17 PM

QUOTE (Fireman @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 17:55)
Still, guy was being an asshole, dog came out agressive, cops are in the right to shoot in self-defense, but mweh.

This. I'm against Animal cruelty but self defense is a different matter. The cop should have just shot it in the leg but only if it attacked first. This is just another example of stupid pet owners.

Ferocious Banger
  • Ferocious Banger

Big Homie

• Members
  • India

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 00:42)
The only way he "charged" it, was in the sense that you charge someone for committing a crime. Well he charged that dog with being about to bite and attack him, and delivered swift canine justice, and promptly shot the f*cker.

Seriously, the officer was acting in self defense. A big powerful dog was jumping at him, what did you want him to do? See if it just wanted to have a little nibble? I'd have done the exact same thing if I was in his position.

Him shooting the dog after he jumped can be termed as an act of self defense.

But the way he hurriedly tried to grab the leash of a dog ( a big rottweiler for heaven's sake) whose owner was sensed to be in trouble cannot be justified.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:16 PM

Well, all I know is, if I ever get shot by the cops, I'd love to have a f*cking 20 page long thread dedicated to me. sh*t!

Melchior
  • Melchior

human right and human gain

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:56 PM

QUOTE (GTA_stu @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 05:12)
A big powerful dog was jumping at him, what did you want him to do?

Have the dog's owner handle him. Barring that, just not harass the dog's owner in the first place.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:56)
Have the dog's owner handle him. Barring that, just not harass the dog's owner in the first place.

What a grand idea... every petty hood should have his own dog so the Authorities won't be giving him/her a bother... smile.gif

Melchior
  • Melchior

human right and human gain

• The Connection
  • Unknown

Posted 08 July 2013 - 04:48 AM

QUOTE (lil weasel @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 12:09)
QUOTE (Melchior @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:56)

What a grand idea... every petty hood should have his own dog so the Authorities won't be giving him/her a bother... smile.gif

The dog's owner was fully cooperating so I don't know what your point is.

lil weasel
  • lil weasel

• GTA Series Staff
  • United-States

Posted 08 July 2013 - 05:59 AM

QUOTE (Melchior @ Monday, Jul 8 2013, 04:48)
The dog's owner was fully cooperating so I don't know what your point is.

Once the Irons are on, during a full custody arrest, they don't come off until at the lockup. If the dog was 'trained' the owner should have just said, "Sit" and the situation would have been done.
The dog attacked the cop who was not the man holding the owner.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users