Photo

New game, please

40 replies to this topic
gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:58 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:53)
@theomenofficial - But I have two different PlayStation Exclusives in the enjoyed list... I play PS Exclusives all of the time, but nothing worth mentioning. I want something huge, like, better than Assassin's Creed at the least.

@Erebos - No I'm not. My enjoy list features different type of games. You guys are recommending nothing but old sh*t. I don't even have my PS2 or GameCube anymore, and I won't buy another.

It's probably because most newer games are sh*tty.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 04:58 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 11:58)
QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:53)
@theomenofficial - But I have two different PlayStation Exclusives in the enjoyed list... I play PS Exclusives all of the time, but nothing worth mentioning. I want something huge, like, better than Assassin's Creed at the least.

@Erebos - No I'm not. My enjoy list features different type of games. You guys are recommending nothing but old sh*t. I don't even have my PS2 or GameCube anymore, and I won't buy another.

It's probably because most newer games are sh*tty.

Yes, EVERY game from pre 2005 were AWFUL, gaming was a joke back then, how could ANYONE! Thank Christ we have the likes of CoD this generation to help us out!

Seriously though, once you get past the graphical difference, "old" games are a heck of fun, back when games were still challenging and didn't hold your hand every second.

They took everything that made the first game loveable and removed it. If you are going to make a sequel to one of the best games ever, improve upon it's features. Don't remove them.

Um, it added the good combat from Warrior Within while retaining the style of the original, I'd call that a plus.

Eris
  • Eris

Grill

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:05 AM

QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 04:58)

Um, it added the good combat from Warrior Within while retaining the style of the original, I'd call that a plus.

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Warrior Within. Two Thrones was alright, it just doesn't compare to the original. Which is why I dislike it.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:11 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 09:53)

Can you stop being such an asshole? The people here are only trying to help and you're just being a jerk about it. At least they tried to help you, even if the suggestions weren't toyour liking, next time try a "Thank you" because often when you want help the only thing the person helping wants is gratitude.

That game actually looks like good. I remember this chick telling me about, but Ijust stared at her tits the whole time.

Are you kidding me? Who does that? Have you never seen tits before ?

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (Nipperkins @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 18:05)
QUOTE (AceRay @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 04:58)

Sorry, I thought you were talking about Warrior Within. Two Thrones was alright, it just doesn't compare to the original. Which is why I dislike it.

Yeah, it lacks that charisma that Sands of Time, it feels a bit hollow in comparison in terms of characters and dialogue, although it definitely had it moments.

Yeah, there is such a thing as the internet.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

Seeing as you seem to keep saying games with good story and gameplay are boring because of nothing to do. It would be more helpful if you tell us what sort of game you are looking for and what you specifically want something similar to as well.

Get bored of games too quickly?

Just get Fallout 3 + Fallout New Vegas already.

I have spent over a total of 1400 hours on those two games and I am still not bored of them. They arent even much of an RPG, just remember to put skill points into guns and repair and go shoot the sh*t out of f*ckers all day long. Everyone keeps recommending it so just go with it.

I honestly don't know what else to recommend if you have not taken one suggestion as a good idea.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:21 AM Edited by Doublepulse, 04 July 2013 - 07:26 AM.

No offense man..But your lack of taste in games is a bit strange, at least to me. Lets see, what other genres are you into besides open world action games?

Hear are some suggestions

Metal Gear Solid 4
Heavy Rain
Tomb Raider (If you really love Uncharted series, you will love this)
Demon Souls
Dark Souls
Spec Ops The Line (Ehh Its ok, not too special)
Yakuza Series (If your into Japanese games or speak it, but it is good)

Some of the older games are being brought back on PSN because they were good.

One I will have to get again is
Oddworld Stranger's Wrath for PsVita

Are you looking forward to Splinter Cell Blacklist?

If you have Infamous Second son as looking forward, I assume you already played the first two games.

Well hope that helps, if I find more I will post them.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:20 AM Edited by Grand Theft Savage, 04 July 2013 - 08:24 AM.

QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 05:11)

Can you stop being such an asshole? The people here are only trying to help and you're just being a jerk about it. At least they tried to help you, even if the suggestions weren't toyour liking, next time try a "Thank you" because often when you want help the only thing the person helping wants is gratitude.

That game actually looks like good. I remember this chick telling me about, but I just stared at her tits the whole time.

Chill the f*ck out, man confused.gif I don't think I've ever seen anyone get so evidently fired up over nothing
And don't act like you don't do the same thing. Staring at tits is normal. I still listened to every word.
It's all cool, though. Thanks to everyone. I'm done being a c*nt. Now I'll just be a dick cool.gif

@Doublepulse - Forgot about Spec Ops: The Line. I was going to get that, but then... Eh... Forgot about it. I'll check it, along with Dark Souls.
@Daz - It's a big problem. A game can have a good story, and even good gameplay, but if there's nothing to do, it isn't a good game (in my opinion). Games are to relieve my boredom. If it can't do that, well, f*ck...
And I still haven't gotten around to playing Fallout. It's been recommended to me many times. I'll check it out soon, at least before GTA V comes out.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:02 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 19:20)
QUOTE (finn4life @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 05:11)

That game actually looks like good. I remember this chick telling me about, but I just stared at her tits the whole time.

Chill the f*ck out, man confused.gif I don't think I've ever seen anyone get so evidently fired up over nothing
And don't act like you don't do the same thing. Staring at tits is normal. I still listened to every word.

How am I fired up? I called you an asshole because that's what you're acting like, I am not mad in any way, I am just pointing out why we don't like or respect you.

Also I am pretty sure any normal with even just a small amount of self control doesn't stare at people's tits so much they can't even remember the conversation. I mean have a glance, but sheesh, there's enough tits around that you don't need to constantly stare.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:21 AM Edited by Daz, 04 July 2013 - 09:33 AM.

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 08:20)
@Daz - It's a big problem. A game can have a good story, and even good gameplay, but if there's nothing to do, it isn't a good game (in my opinion). Games are to relieve my boredom. If it can't do that, well, f*ck...
And I still haven't gotten around to playing Fallout. It's been recommended to me many times. I'll check it out soon, at least before GTA V comes out.

Don't worry man, I know what you are getting at. Despite games being good or not while you play them, they are pretty useless if they only last a week before they are exhausted. (Including getting achievements for them)

So I definately think you would gain from Fallout 3, as first, then move on to New Vegas, there is a lot more replayability in Fallout 3 than NV, but NV has slightly better shooting mechanics and a lot more weapons.

As for replayability, try Rainbow Six: Vegas 2, 2008 sequel to the 2006 game, but holds up very well. If you like cover shooters, this is the best one, there isn't any chest high walls, it is all about taking cover in doorways and culling the terrorists. You can play the terrorist hunt mode alone or in co-op with 3 other people on the mp maps and I still play it to this day, endless fun.

Just Cause 2 was mentioned, the shooting and driving sucked major balls like none other, but the grapple + parachute technique is INSANELY fun, it is very very satisfying flying across the map (which is one of the biggest maps I have ever seen in a free roam game) and there is quite alot to achieve, plenty of structures and bases to destroy for 100%. It will probably keep you busy.

I will have to look at my gaming stack if there any others once I leave work. But defo look into fallout, give it a chance, it has SOOO much content in it. Besides you can always mod the f*ck out of them on pc.

Also forgot to mention Hotline Miami is pretty damn awesome. It has a lot of replayability due to the core gameplay is very satisfying.

Ryan_Hull
  • Ryan_Hull

Not A Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:56 AM

If you haven't played fallout... Play it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users