Photo

Giant sequoia/Redwoods

7 replies to this topic
DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:04 AM

I was just thinking how cool a stand or two of giant trees would be. Could make for some interesting roads.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:15 AM

There will definitely be plenty of trees, but i dont think they'll have the super tall redwood trees. The reason being that the game takes place in SoCal but those huge redwoods/sequoias tend to be more in the northern parts of California.
But i guess you never know. Rockstar can do what they want and if they want to put giant towering sequoias, thats cool with me.

GrandMaster Smith
  • GrandMaster Smith

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:43 AM

Well with the landmass being 3.5x RDR, we've seen probably 1.5x of RDR's map so far, so I could only imagine what's still left to be shown..

The hitchhiker scene in the first trailer shows some redwood-like trees. Wouldn't doubt it for a moment we'll get a 1x RDR map size worth of full on forest. Atleast I hope so, desert gets boring after a while, trees would be extremely refreshing.

bolt09
  • bolt09

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

QUOTE (GrandMaster Smith @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 05:43)
Well with the landmass being 3.5x RDR, we've seen probably 1.5x of RDR's map so far, so I could only imagine what's still left to be shown..

The hitchhiker scene in the first trailer shows some redwood-like trees. Wouldn't doubt it for a moment we'll get a 1x RDR map size worth of full on forest. Atleast I hope so, desert gets boring after a while, trees would be extremely refreshing.

I agree, any sort of forest at all makes for interesting scenery. If there are Redwoods in there then great, but I'd be just as happy with an RDR type of forest.

DanieljJ
  • DanieljJ

Supersonic Bassman

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:52 AM

It would be cool if they had the redwood you can drive through!

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

QUOTE (DanieljJ @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 21:52)
It would be cool if they had the redwood you can drive through!

That would be really neat, especially jamming cars in it so they get stuck and then blowing them up. Or laying sticky bombs in the hole and detonating them when tourists drive through. But that tree is an hour and a half away from the Oregon border, so it's out of range for this game. Unless there's more than one of them, or R* just says screw it and ignores the geography.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:15 AM

You can see a forest in one of the screenshots. It looks really small though. I hope there is more bigger ones out in the countryside.

kasparlaks
  • kasparlaks

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:17 AM

There aren't really huge-ass-mofo' forests in SoCal like there are, for example Sweden. The forests we've seen from the trailers and pictures are pretty accurate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users