Photo

When not controlling one of them...

13 replies to this topic
Life Is A Glitch
  • Life Is A Glitch

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:23 AM

"And because they have their own schedules, you’ll never know what they might be doing – you might drop in on Michael in the middle of a family dispute, interrupt Franklin chatting up some ladies, or Trevor on the run from the law – or whatever else these guys do in their free time..."

As Rockstar stated those are just several situations we may find our main protagonist's in whenever we switch to one of them if we feel like it. This had me curious about a few things that these gentlemen might also do instead of finding them in different situations...

- Could they stock up on guns/ammo/bodyarmor by themselves at times?

- Could they get their own health up by eating at several places or eating at a food vendor? (Example: Let's say we were playing as Michael and we had low health and we made the switch to Trevor. While playing as Trevor for a few we decide to switch back to Michael and we find that his health has fully increased to max.)

*These are just two things I came up with that would be pretty cool while not controlling a character.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

It seems they exists in the world even when you're controlling another character so I guess anything is possible although I doubt the A.I will do anything major like spend all your cash. panic.gif

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

Didnt they say that there's a possibility that if you don't keep an eye on them, they could get killed?

Life Is A Glitch
  • Life Is A Glitch

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

QUOTE (gtafreak10 @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 01:27)
Didnt they say that there's a possibility that if you don't keep an eye on them, they could get killed?

Imagine piloting a plane as Trevor than we make the switch to Michael and we switch back to Trevor and his plane his headed straight into the side of Mt. Chiliad and *BOOM*, wasted...
That would be hilarious and stupid at the same time. lol

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

When did they say that?

"maybe even assault them, but you won’t be able to kill them. They all have remarkable powers of recovery and good health insurance. The game is based on playing all sides of these three characters’ interwoven stories rather than having generic, interchangeable leads, so permanently killing a major character in that way wouldn’t make sense. If a player is determined enough though, they may well find a way to badly injure one of the characters and switching to that character would just put you in the hospital to continue where you left off" -A&A:GTAV

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold™

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:33 AM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 01:31)

When did they say that?

"maybe even assault them, but you won’t be able to kill them. They all have remarkable powers of recovery and good health insurance. The game is based on playing all sides of these three characters’ interwoven stories rather than having generic, interchangeable leads, so permanently killing a major character in that way wouldn’t make sense. If a player is determined enough though, they may well find a way to badly injure one of the characters and switching to that character would just put you in the hospital to continue where you left off" -A&A:GTAV

No, I'm not talking about today. I'm thinking that in another preview, it was said that if you didn't keep an eye on them and keep a check on them every now and then they could get their self into trouble and get killed. Or am I just dreaming?

TheWetPartoftheArm
  • TheWetPartoftheArm

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

The only thing that potentially pisses me off about this is that we know characters can change clothes while you're not controlling them, as in the demo they mentioned switching to Trevor and finding him on the beach in his underwear. Good for a laugh, sure, but if I've found a favourite outfit I don't want to have to keep returning to the nearest safehouse to equip it every time I switch characters and they're wearing something different. Hopefully that's just a one-time, rare incident. If not, perhaps R* will introduce a shortcut in the menu for equipping clothing a la RDR, but I sincerely doubt it.

Mega_Byte
  • Mega_Byte

Snitch

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

I just really hope that when I switch into Trevor he's not in the middle of some wocka-wocka action.

And when I say 'wocka-wocka action' I mean a meeting of the beating.

And when I say 'a meeting of the beating' I'm talking about a choking of the chicken.

And when I say 'a chocking of the chicken' I'm referring to a solo masseusery.

And when I say 'solo masseusery' I mean 'wocka-wocka action'.

That is something I really think would scar me from all Rockstar games. Forever.

truthful
  • truthful

The truthful

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:25 AM

they'll play through missions, and you get into free roam activities thinking you're in free roaming..eventually they'll finish the game and you'll be like WTF when you see the credits rolling

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

QUOTE (truthful @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 05:25)
they'll play through missions, and you get into free roam activities thinking you're in free roaming..eventually they'll finish the game and you'll be like WTF when you see the credits rolling

They're playing the game for you right now, you'll get the game on the 17th of September and the credits will roll as soon as you put it in.

Crumplet
  • Crumplet

Hustler

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:54 AM

I'm pretty surprised as to how detailed this mechanic is, I thought they'd just roam about in something of a loop around specific area's, but it sounds far more indepth. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (Crumplet @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 08:54)
I'm pretty surprised as to how detailed this mechanic is, I thought they'd just roam about in something of a loop around specific area's, but it sounds far more indepth. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.

And possibly annoying. Maybe there will be some kind of way to regulate their free will.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:46 AM

In the game informer preview they said when they switched to Trevor he was taking a sh*t and said something like "I need a midwife for this thing"

Lil_B_The Basedgod
  • Lil_B_The Basedgod

f*ck the mods

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:57 AM

QUOTE (Mega_Byte @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 05:23)
I just really hope that when I switch into Trevor he's not in the middle of some wocka-wocka action.

And when I say 'wocka-wocka action' I mean a meeting of the beating.

And when I say 'a meeting of the beating' I'm talking about a choking of the chicken.

And when I say 'a chocking of the chicken' I'm referring to a solo masseusery.

And when I say 'solo masseusery' I mean 'wocka-wocka action'.

That is something I really think would scar me from all Rockstar games. Forever.

Lol I almost chocked on my chicken laughing so hard! lol.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users