Photo

Should I get a Vita?!

18 replies to this topic
mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

I can get myself a brand new vita for 160 pounds and it comes with the mega pack so it has a 8gb memory card included (the offer is quite cheap as the 'Game' stores in the UK seem to have given up on the vita and are clearing their stock suicidal.gif )

The megapack also comes with:
LittleBigPlanet PS Vita
WipeOut 2048
MotorStorm RC
Little Deviants
Frobisher Says! (with Fun Pack DLC)
Ecolibrium (with Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum game packs)
Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters
Lemmings
Hungry Giraffe
The HD Adventures of Rotating Octopus Character

I also have a PS+ subscription and I currently have Uncharted, Rayman, Gravity Rush, Unit 13, Ninja Gaiden sigma, Sine Mora, Velocity Ultra available for free....

But despite all those free games it does seem like the vita is dying a slow painful death so i'm not sure whether its worth it. I have a PS3 and will be getting a PS4 within a year of release so..........what do you guys think?

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'd get it. All the stuff that comes with it should outweigh the negatives. And who knows, if the Vita fails commercially and you hang on to yours for a few years, it might be worth a bit of money.

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

I just hope Sony don't give up on it. I doubt they will as they need to protect their brand.

xrCore
  • xrCore

'MURICA

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:03 PM

Duh...all PS4 games where ever you please, a new GTA Stories will come to it one day, Bioshock will come to it one day, Killzone is going to be awesome. You will regret not getting one when you see all the awesome sh*t E3 2014.

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:21 PM

QUOTE (xrCore @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 23:03)
Duh...all PS4 games where ever you please, a new GTA Stories will come to it one day, Bioshock will come to it one day, Killzone is going to be awesome. You will regret not getting one when you see all the awesome sh*t E3 2014.

The PS4 stuff does seem good but if its done over local wifi then whats the point? Why not just turn the ps4 on and play it on tv. The vita is getting that gaikai streaming stuff too but that wont be until the end of 2014 i guess -_-

2.2 million sales worldwide, I dont see rockstar making a gta for it........

Mince
  • Mince

Mnage trois

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:32 PM

Save up for a home console or a tablet. Don't buy any more handheld consoles. Just my advice.

Also, 8 GB isn't nearly enough, and the PS Vita uses proprietary memory cards that cost about ten times as much as a normal SD card, so getting something larger later on would cost more than two brand new games.

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

QUOTE (mincemate003 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 23:32)
Save up for a home console or a tablet. Don't buy any more handheld consoles. Just my advice.

Also, 8 GB isn't nearly enough, and the PS Vita uses proprietary memory cards that cost about ten times as much as a normal SD card, so getting something larger later on would cost more than two brand new games.

Yeah I know 8GB is very small but its free...will just have to delete games when I finish them.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:13 AM

I see no reason to. I have the original PSP and there are plenty of great games on there. Whereas the Vita has a rather empty library.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Ghetto Star

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:24 AM

It's far from dying. You definitely should get it. You can also earn some extra trophies, if you are a trophy hunter.

EvilFuture
  • EvilFuture

To Harm and Withhold

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:28 AM

Dude, I have one of the first PSP's that came out. It's still pretty good, I still play it every now and then. I say get it. You can't beat it for that price (I'm assuming) and like Valenta said, even if there are negatives for it, you have ALL those games and everything with it.

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:12 AM

Why do Nintendo 3DS game prices not go down? Just having a look there and most games seem to still be 20-25+ !

I buy a lot of second hand games for under 10 pounds for my ps3 so the 3ds prices seem far too high!

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:35 AM

QUOTE (xrCore @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 00:03)
Duh...all PS4 games where ever you please.

I'll believe it when I see it. The PSP had awful support when it comes to remote play.

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:57 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 01:35)
QUOTE (xrCore @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 00:03)
Duh...all PS4 games where ever you please.

I'll believe it when I see it. The PSP had awful support when it comes to remote play.

I looked it up and previously remote play required the developers to implement the remote play and sacrifice ram (which they had so little to use in the first place) so they would usually just ignore remote play.

However the PS4 will enable remote play at a system level which means that the developers only need to work on the control configuration for it to be used on Vita so it's really simple to do.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:08 AM

I wouldn't buy one, i'm not really for handheld gaming though.
If you think the Vita will improve when the PS4 comes out, perhaps you should try it.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

Big Homie

• Members
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

It's worth getting it, if you are into handheld gaming. It's quite useful if there's a power failure and there are some great games for it. If you're PS3 gets damaged or something then it'll come in handy if you're bored to pass time.

Also if you really liked the PSP, then you should go for this too, you won't regret it. Plus, it's also useful for other stuff, such as music.

mufc
  • mufc

Cat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

Haha its an expensive precaution for power cuts wink.gif

It really needs a price cut to get itself some sales which would create a install base which would get some developers on board, doesn't look like that will happen as Sony as a company just don't want to take a loss on any hardware considering their financial position. I hope they don't just let it become a handheld which will just be used for remote play and such.

Doublepulse
  • Doublepulse

I will turn your life upside down!

• The Yardies

Posted 03 July 2013 - 03:07 AM

I got a vita when it first came out. I mean since I have it now and the PS4 is near, Im not getting rid of it.

I suggest it if you like handheld gaming. There are plenty of titles for it. You have PSP, PSOne, and PsVita

For PsVita games, there are some good games, and lot of games that are just alright. Its just my opinion. I play PsOne titles on it more than PSP or Vita titles ironically.

I hope the gaikai cloud service gets on the Vita soon after the service comes out and with some nice Vita releases. I feel like the full 2012 year with the Vita for me was an empty promise, since they kind of got me sold on the idea of Console like quality games on the go. Not many games out there have really proved that for me.

I can't speak for you on which games you enjoy. But if you already have a ps3 and you are a PS Plus member, go for it! It makes a nice addition to the Playstation family. You would be surprised how many games you will get free.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Feroci Racing
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:52 AM

Hotline Miami just came out for PSN and I believe that will run on the Vita as long as you own it on PS3.

But personally I wouldn't bother.

Either get another handheld, like a Nvidia Shield or just go with another cheap android console.

It all depends on the games really, I can only speak for myself but there isn't a single game on it I would ever buy one for.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

Get it. For exclusives like Uncharted, AC3, Lumines 3, Gravity Rush. And when you'll have enough, sell it.

P.S. Screw Tablets, controls are utter crap in most games there. Vita is muuuuch better for gaming.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users