Photo

Rank The GTA Protagonists Best/Worst

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
153 replies to this topic
godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:02 PM Edited by godforgivesthelostdont, 04 January 2014 - 12:56 AM.

UPDATED FOR 2014

1. Niko Bellic (GTA IV)

When it comes to a deep backstory, an air of intelligence you couldn't get from books, emotional relatability, bad-assery and all, Niko nails it.  Yes, he's a walking contradiction, but a principled one (at least by his own terms).  Had it not been for his grim circumstances, he would've been a person I would've wanted to be around. 

2. Trevor Phillips (GTA V)

Incredible character, brilliantly acted.  While he is hilariously psychotic, he's not just a one-trick pony.  Being empathetic, socially aware, principled (in some regards) and strangely likeable, he hits the nail on the head in every aspect.  But it's undeniable that he steals the shine from the rest of the characters in the game.  His unpredictability makes wondering what he might do next very exciting.

3. Luiz Lopez (TBoGT)

Arguably the most decent character of the bunch.  Some have called him boring but that's only because he isn't cartoony or video-gamey as most characters in GTA are.  He's the most normal of the bunch and could pass for a real person.

4. Tommy Vercetti (Vice City)

Perhaps the most bad-ass of the bunch (without being emo like Niko).  2002's cutting-edge may have aged a bit, but still what he represents: a ruthless hardworking criminal with a certain degree of grace and aplomb makes him memorable.

5. Michael De Santa (GTA V)

A characterization of both the average american and the average wealthy (upstart) american.  Where Franklin gets too serious and Trevor gets too silly, Michael is often in the middle, making him the most relatable.

6. Carl Johnson (San Andreas)

Lots of memories.  He is unfortunately stereotypical, but still he has the most variety of emotions of the cast.  He's the swiss army knife.  Happy, angry, funny, loyal, disloyal, calm, cut-throat, moral, immoral all into one.

7. Vic Vance (VCS)

A very good character in a so-so game.  Could've been much more had he been on a console game, but still, he's a black character that's non stereotypical, and his military background gives him an aura of respect about him.

8. Franklin Clinton (GTA V)

Strong acting, but his story was poorly written.  He was only driven by money, and he stuck with Michael and Trevor despite having no reason to.  He only ever saw them as a financial opportunity, yet the plot makes him into one of their loyal friends.  Still, in bits and pieces there's a lot to like about him. 

9. Johnny Klebitz (TLAD)

After seeing you-know-what, my respect for him vanished overnight.  Still, what happened to him was a natural consequence of his behavior throughout the game.  He wanted to be the responsible person to lead The Lost but just wasn't.  Tragic for sure.

10. Claude (GTA III)

I know, I know, the nostalgia.  But he was just an empty shell.  Yeah, voice acting wasn't as feasible back then as it was today, but we're judging him by 2014's standards.  Seeing the great acting of GTA V makes the difference clear.

11. Tony Cirpiani (LCS)

Forgettable.  Godfatrher stereotype I think?  Let's just say boring is a fate worse than bad.

Old list (2013)

1 Niko Bellic
2 Johnny Klebitz (TLAD)
3 Tommy Vercetti (GTAVC)
4 Claude (GTAIII)
5 Vic Vance (GTAVCS)
6 Carl Johnson (GTASA)
7 Luis Lopez (TBOGT)
8. The LCS Protagonist (I forget his name)

• EatingPlums likes this

GTA fan from the United Kingdom
  • GTA fan from the United Kingdom

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

1. Niko Bellic
2. Tommy Vercetti
3. CJ
4. Vic Vance
5. Luis Lopez
6. Johnny Klebitz
7. Claude
8. Toni Cipriani

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Hopplös Kanin

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:36 PM

1. Niko Bellic - One of the best characters in GTA history. He has the best backstory and best story GTA-wise. And his sarcastic humour, of Niko..

2. Luis Lopez - I didn't really like Luis the first time around, because he was being such a prick.. But I can see now why he was being one, he takes sh*t from everybody, A&H, and even his mother. He does the craziest things, and hangs around with the best people. Luis will always be one of the best to me.

3. Tommy Vercetti - He was a really cool character, but as godforgivesthelostdont said, he felt to much like Tony Montana. He was a cool character, had a badass personality, top 3.

4. Carl Johnson - I liked CJ really much he was one of my favorites when I was younger, but that changed later when I realized that I only liked him because of the game San Andreas, not because of his personality. He was constantly whining, and was fine with hanging with the hood. But i'm glad he got out of it, and made a big man of himself. Way to go CJ!

5. Johnny Klebitz - I really like Johnny he is very arrogant but it suits him, he's an amazing character. I have nothing much to say about him, but I loved him, a great GTA character.

6. Claude - He was a badass, but just being that.. Is not enough. There really isn't much to say about him, he's a coldblooded badass who doesn't/can't speak. He was the ultimate GTA badass, but still doesn't have a "personality."

7. Toni Cipriani - I only played the first mission of LCS because I played it on a emulator (laggy), but he seemed like a really cool guy.

8. Vic Vance - Never played VCS.

Fisciletti
  • Fisciletti

Big Homie

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:11 PM

1. Niko Bellic. I love his ice cold killer style.
  2. Michael. Although he's miserable, he's a classy gangster.
  3. Franklin. That gangsta vibe from the hoods make him special.
  4. Trevor. Because he doesn't give a sh*t.
  5. Tommy Vercetti. Just badass.
  6. Claude. Because he doesn't talk.
  7. CJ.
  8. Toni Cipriani. He's the last because I didn't like his ass-licking style.

GameHacker666
  • GameHacker666

Player Hater

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 04:12 PM Edited by GameHacker666, 01 August 2013 - 09:55 AM.

Updated!

1. Niko Bellić
2. Carl Johnson
3. Tommy Vercetti
4. Michael (GTA V)
5. Franklin (GTA V)
6. Claude
7. Luis Lopez
8. Johnny Klebitz
9. Toni Cipriani

Andreas
  • Andreas

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2014
    Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:22 PM

1) Niko Bellic: He's the best protagonist, and also the most established one. The background story of NB is significantly more detailed than the one of any other GTA protagonist. The story around him has depth, and while listening to the in-game cut-scenes, you will figure out who he really is and what happened in the past; especially during the war in his home country. I don't know what it is, but I can relate myself to him. The fact he's not from America, as he's an immigrant from Serbia, is probably one of those reasons.

2) Johnny Klebitz: He's a biker and a real badass. He doesn't have a really detailed background story, but he is nevertheless an interesting character. Johnny is an insane dude, but he isn't exactly someone who just kills for money; he is doing everything for his brothers and The Lost. Loyality is some sort of keyword for him, and that's what I like the most about him.

3) Tommy Vercetti: Tommy is without a doubt a real badass, and he doesn't seem to care about anything. He is doing everything in order to get back the money for Sonny, but as time goes, it's becoming clearer that his target changed. He didn't just become a successful man from the mafia who took over Vice City to get back the money, he's doing his own thing; and I like that. Tommy has renounced the mafia in Liberty City, and became indepedent.

4) Claude: He is a quiet guy who really never speaks, but that is actually an advantage for the player. You can put yourself better in his position, and only you know what he might thinks. He is a true killer, and nothing can really stop him. He is doing what he wants, and he gets what he wants if he's working hard enough for it.

5) Carl Johnson: CJ was just the typical ghetto stereotype, nothing more. He does not have a personality that is special in any way, and the same goes with his background story, which was not that detailed either.

6) Luis Lopez: Luis is the least likable protagonist in my opinion. He's just arrogant, and even he himself says during a cut-scene or even several of them that he likes to kill for money. He isn't a really interesting character; I think he's too 'mainstream'.

I haven't counted any of the GTAV protagonists as the game isn't even out yet. I haven't mentioned Tony Cirpriani and Victor Vance either, because I have never played more than a few missions of each title.
  • Mr. Jago, LeatherLion and Black-Legion like this

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:21 PM

As for the GTA5 protagonists go.

Franklin
I was obsessed with his trailer at first and I was happy to see him, because it gave me reassurance that GTAV will return to the framework San Andreas laid down. But I hope he is his own character, rather than a CJ clone. In terms of depth, so far, from what I know, Franklin seems like a cliche. But I hope they flesh him out.

Trevor
I will enjoy playing him for the hilarity, and the enigma of such a strange person. I think he signifies the return of chaos and destruction we all wanted. But I hope there is more depth to him than just be a troll character. Even if he's a madman, I'd like to see him with some degree of humanity.

Michael
Reminds me a little bit of Tommy, without the cliche. He overall seems like an original character with an original dillemma, rather than the cliches some of the other GTA characters become. I think he will end up ranking very high on my list.

LeatherLion
  • LeatherLion

Protagonist

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:17 PM

[quote name="Elusion123" post="1062703986" timestamp="1372862164"]1. Niko Bellic - One of the best characters in GTA history. He has the best backstory and best story GTA-wise. And his sarcastic humour, of Niko..2. Luis Lopez - I didn't really like Luis the first time around, because he was being such a prick.. But I can see now why he was being one, he takes sh*t from everybody, A&H, and even his mother. He does the craziest things, and hangs around with the best people. Luis will always be one of the best to me.3. Tommy Vercetti - He was a really cool character, but as godforgivesthelostdont said, he felt to much like Tony Montana. He was a cool character, had a badass personality, top 3.4. Carl Johnson - I liked CJ really much he was one of my favorites when I was younger, but that changed later when I realized that I only liked him because of the game San Andreas, not because of his personality. He was constantly whining, and was fine with hanging with the hood. But i'm glad he got out of it, and made a big man of himself. Way to go CJ!5. Johnny Klebitz - I really like Johnny he is very arrogant but it suits him, he's an amazing character. I have nothing much to say about him, but I loved him, a great GTA character.6. Claude - He was a badass, but just being that.. Is not enough. There really isn't much to say about him, he's a coldblooded badass who doesn't/can't speak. He was the ultimate GTA badass, but still doesn't have a "personality."7. Toni Cipriani - I only played the first mission of LCS because I played it on a emulator (laggy), but he seemed like a really cool guy.8. Vic Vance - Never played VCS.[/

Johnny is not aggorant, he's just tough. And he's actually super loyal and would do everything for Lost MC. Plus, he shows his soft side for his ex-girlfriend Ashley and his crippled friend Angus. He is also a good friend and cracks funny jokes. He usually cares for people who are weak or has a bad life. Also, try to play Vice City Stories, Vic is badass.

LeatherLion
  • LeatherLion

Protagonist

• Members

Posted 19 September 2013 - 02:19 PM

1. Niko Bellic - One of the best characters in GTA history. He has the best backstory and best story GTA-wise. And his sarcastic humour, of Niko..2. Luis Lopez - I didn't really like Luis the first time around, because he was being such a prick.. But I can see now why he was being one, he takes sh*t from everybody, A&H, and even his mother. He does the craziest things, and hangs around with the best people. Luis will always be one of the best to me.3. Tommy Vercetti - He was a really cool character, but as godforgivesthelostdont said, he felt to much like Tony Montana. He was a cool character, had a badass personality, top 3.4. Carl Johnson - I liked CJ really much he was one of my favorites when I was younger, but that changed later when I realized that I only liked him because of the game San Andreas, not because of his personality. He was constantly whining, and was fine with hanging with the hood. But i'm glad he got out of it, and made a big man of himself. Way to go CJ!5. Johnny Klebitz - I really like Johnny he is very arrogant but it suits him, he's an amazing character. I have nothing much to say about him, but I loved him, a great GTA character.6. Claude - He was a badass, but just being that.. Is not enough. There really isn't much to say about him, he's a coldblooded badass who doesn't/can't speak. He was the ultimate GTA badass, but still doesn't have a "personality."7. Toni Cipriani - I only played the first mission of LCS because I played it on a emulator (laggy), but he seemed like a really cool guy.8. Vic Vance - Never played VCS.

Johnny is not aggorant, he's just tough. And he's actually super loyal and would do everything for Lost MC. Plus, he shows his soft side for his ex-girlfriend Ashley and his crippled friend Angus. He is also a good friend and cracks funny jokes. He usually cares for people who are weak or has a bad life. Also, try to play Vice City Stories, Vic is badass.

BMW Sterling
  • BMW Sterling

(_o_Y_o_)

• Members

Posted 21 September 2013 - 12:51 AM

1. Niko Bellic
2. Michael De Santa
3. Franklin

Idk Michael had that classy gangster type feeling that was awesome. He was a family guy, smart heistman, and a really smart guy in general. Franklin is an ambitious kid who got what he was aiming for. Even when his boy lamar would dog him, Franklin still had his back. Even when his GF f*cked him over, he tried to give his GF another chance which I won't get in to because it would be spoilers. I like franklin because he got out the hood and became what he wanted to be. A rich man.

Then there is Niko.....

GtaIvFanboy
  • GtaIvFanboy

I Have a Foot Fetish

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 September 2013 - 01:45 AM

i don't understand how people can hate
Toni Ciprini he was f*cking awesome!

1.Niko - just an Incredible Dude

2.Trevor - comedy genius

3. Michael

4.Toni

5.Claude

6.Johnny K

7.Tommy

8.Franklin

9.Cj

10.Luis/Vic

InfernoV
  • InfernoV

Dont you just hate keyboard warriors!

• Members

Posted 22 September 2013 - 04:28 PM

1-Trevor
2-Michael
3-Niko
4-CJ
5- Tommy
6-Claude
7-Johnny
8-Luiz
10-Franklin
11- Toni

Edward-Is-A-Flunky45
  • Edward-Is-A-Flunky45

Frazy as Cruck

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 10:16 AM

1. Michael: Innovative character I love to play this guy.
2. Victor Vance: Definetly love to play him. Don't know why but I loved him.
3. Niko: well you know why.

RMolloy24
  • RMolloy24

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:13 PM

This is my first time in a GTA actually playing the full story and completing it so right now...

1. Michael

Badass. Just doesn't give a sh*t  :lol:

2. Franklin

Some people say he's just a clone of CJ, but they're most likely just saying that because they're both black GTA protagonists and from the hood. As Michael said, "He's the son I always wanted" :p Very good character

3. Trevor

Pretty cool character, just not as funny/badass as expected. Is cold-blooded and doesn't care about anything.

Overall, all three of the protagonists in this game are pretty solid.

DwnShft2Xcelr8
  • DwnShft2Xcelr8

Hove Beach Gangsta

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 07:05 AM

1. Niko Bellic
He's the most memorable GTA character ever created. I don't think I can add enough great details about him that haven't already been mentioned, except that I love him for being a stupid malaka.

2. Luis Lopez
He's similar to Niko in loyalty, desire to succeed and overall effectiveness as a hired gunman; however, he's NOT Niko. He's a Domican living in a big city, working for a homosexual club owner while running around killing people in order to save himself and the business he's practically inherited. The fact that he remains loyal to Gay Tony and the fact that the TBOGT wasn't a story about a guy going from rags to riches ala Scarface-style makes me appreciate him more. Plus, he gets non-relationship committed p*ssy without paying for it.

3. Franklin
He's the epitome of "started from the bottom, now we here." Franklin is someone who admits that he doesn't care about gang banging and just wants to improve his lot in life. He's very relatable IMO, although I'm not an African-American male trying to get up out of the ghetto by any means necessary. The only flaw in his approach to life is his pathetic love interest, which doesn't have much story-related development in GTA V. I'd say he's similar to CJ, except he doesn't continue gang banging even after becoming a millionaire.

4. Tommy Vercetti
I haven't played GTA VC since the mid-2000's, but iirc, Tommy was a badass. He's the first GTA character to actually go into business ventures to profit outside of murdering for money, not only in the fact that his game came out after GTA III, but also because his story happens much earlier than almost all the other characters.

5. Michael De Santa
I hated him for being a p*ssy around his family from time to time or getting punked by a bitch made FIB agent, but as I progressed through GTA V, I realized he's among the more memorable characters in the series. The dude had that slow motion RDR shooting on lockdown, albeit without the capability of marking foes in specific spots. He clearly loves his family, recognizes his mistakes in life and just wants to start anew with a dysfunctional family in a dysfunctional world.

6. Trevor Phillips
He's psychotic. I hated him at first much more than I disliked Michael De Santa, but he grew on me over time like pubic hair. He's one of those guys who you have to appreciate, even if he is a psychopath, sociopath with a strange love for older women. He does a lot of shady things (much shadier than the rest of the protags), but he knows he's a monster and never denies it. Gotta respect when someone can recognize themselves in a mirror. Overall, though, it's hard to rank him higher since he does get annoying at times.

7. Carl Johnson
GTA SA is arguably the best game of the series, but CJ is just a hoodrat with very little relatable features. He lacks any real ambitions beyond wanting to be rich. Even while having millions of dollars, the dude still rolls around with gang bangers. He also fled from SA to LC to continue gang banging elsewhere, and he only returned to SA after his mother's death.

8. Tony Cipriani
Boring character with very boring qualities. He's not a badass. He's just some mob grunt who becomes a mob leader eventually. Big whoop. Absolutely nothing memorable about him, tbh.

9. Claude
I can't hate on GTA III since it's the pioneer of the modern day open-world video games, but Claude's character is boring. GTA III lacked character development & it causes Claude to suffer on this list.

10. Johnny Klebitz
He went from being one of my favorite characters in the series to being one of my least favorites because of
Spoiler
Pathetic.

I didn't play GTA VCS beyond a few missions, so I can't rank Vic Vance.

ASIAN LAWYER
  • ASIAN LAWYER

Trick

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 09:10 AM Edited by ASIAN LAWYER, 27 September 2013 - 09:16 AM.

1. Niko Bellic - His story was a tragedy. He's a hollow shell of a character who believes that inacting revenge will fill that empty void, only to find that it doesn't work. He pays a price for that revenge. it's depressing, yes, but it's so damn well told. Seeking out revenge is a useless ploy and will only harm you further.

2. Michael De Santa - His setting in Vinewood makes sense for his love of old 80's action movies. He wants to connect with his family, but continues to make mistakes. He eventually gets back in the game, and in doing so finds satisfaction and a new way to approach his life. He's also a very honest man who is aware of his scumbaggery.

3. Trevor Phillips - A psychologically complicated character who has faced abandonment problems his whole life, the most scarring one was from his best friend Michael, to which he discovers and goes through an extremely rough development process. He feels nothing for everyone but Michael and sees people as tools. He actively destroys Floyds life to benefit his enterprise, and does it without hesitation requisite bullying. He is a complete sociopath and an utterly flawed human being. He is also the best character in GTA history - not my personal favorite, though.

4. Huang Lee - The descent from spoilt punk kid to intelligent crime businessman, is flawlessly captured. Rockstars talent shines effortlessly in text.

5. Tommy Vercetti - A brutal protagonist. No remourse, and arguably the most intelligent. He's not the type you identify/sympathize with. His rise to power is a great story though.

6. Johnny K - A mixed bag, he's flat, and doesn't distinguish his personality too much. But on the other hand he also showcases his tragic realization that all he knew and loved (The Lost) was a lie. Very similar to Franklin, except Johnny had emotion to his story.

7. Franklin - Not much to him, to be honest. he's like the aftermath of Johnny K (the real aftermath of Johnny K). He's realized the gangs and ghetto were bullsh*t and would not get him further, so he's looking for an alternative route. he's clearly very smart, but that's about it. Luckily his character did have a purpose in the story. It was just incredibly uninteresting.

8. Luis - He's very loyal to Gay Tony, who is practically the real protagonist of TBOGT. He's honest like Michael, and badass, but as a character arch his is pretty low calibre and underwhelming.

9. Cipriani - A talking claude.

10. CJ - Somehow manages to make it to the top, despite being a complete moron. The death of his mother isn't developed well and bares no mark on his character. The characters around him were the real stars of the show.

11. Claude - ...

Budweiser Addict
  • Budweiser Addict

That's, just, like, your opinion man

• Members

Posted 27 September 2013 - 02:43 PM

1. Niko Bellic

2. Michael De Santa

3. Johnny Klebtiz

4. Tommy Vercetti

5. Trevor Phillips

6. Franklin Clinton

7. Claude

8. Toni Cipriani

9. Vic Vance

10. Carl Johnson

11. Luis Lopez

ClaudeTheKiller
  • ClaudeTheKiller

Player Hater

• Members
  • Israel

Posted 02 January 2014 - 07:47 PM

1. Claude (III): Claude is just an independent thug working for whoever pays. Definately my favourite character. :^: 

2. Johnny Klebitz (TLAD): Johnny is a classic biker. His head is shaven, he wears leather jacket and has a lot of tattoos. He is loyal and looks after his brothers. It is a shame that he turned into a drug addict after the events of TLAD. But he is still my second favourite character. :^: 

3. Niko Bellic (IV): Just like Claude, Niko works for whoever pays and is a cold-blooded killer. :^: 

4. Trevor Phillips (V): Trevor is a great example of a classic GTA character who causes havoc in free play. I'm personally having so much fun with him  :D .

5. Michael De Santa (V): Character who hac already ''completed the game'' and starts over again.

6. Huang Lee (CW): Nothing to say about him.

7. Carl Johnson (SA): Nothing to say about him.

8. Luis Fernando Lopez (TBOGT): Gangster turned businessman.

9. Franklin Clinton (V): Nothing to say about him.

10. Mike (A): Pickpocket who only wanted to leave LC.

11. Antonio Cipriani (LCS): Nothing to say about him.  :v: 

12. Victor Vance (VCS): Nothing to say about him.  :v: 

13. Tommy Vercetti (VC): His story seems so UNreal to me, that I can't even play Vice City. :v: 

• MikePhilips likes this

OmeXr
  • OmeXr

Soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 02 January 2014 - 09:01 PM

Claude (Both GTA2 and GTA3)

He's just awesome, an example of a real gta protag.

Toni Cipriani (Both GTA3 and LCS)

He is both protag and mission boss, also probably the new don of leone family after Salvatore (Assuming that Joey would never wants to be Don) whats more to say?

Johnny Klebitz

When i first saw him in IV, i really didnt like it or his MC, but when you get to know him, he is a really good person and didnt deserved the ending he had.

Mike

His story made me live original GTAIII days again, so he was pretty good. His story deserved a 3D game imo.

Niko Bellic

Even though i hated how HDera lost the original arcade GTA spirit, this guy and his story made me somehow love it again. But i got to say that i only liked him and Patrick's family in IV, just couldnt liked in to any other character in that game..

Michael De Santa

He felt like a mix of Tommy Vercetti and Max Payne in V for me, but nothing else.

Tommy Vercetti

Other than sound of Ray Liotta and Liberty City backstory, nothing. Just a Scarface themed GTA and its clone character.

Vic Vance

He was a good guy, but thats not making him a proper protag for a gta game.

Luis Lopez  / Huang Lee / Carl Johnson / Franklin Clinton

Dont liked, dont want to waste my time with them.

Trevor Phillips

HATED.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 06:34 PM

My list is still pretty much the same.

1. Trevor/Niko (tie for first, I have a really tough time choosing who I like best)

2. Tommy

3. Michael

4. Franklin

5. Johnny

6. Luis

7. CJ

8. Claude

I don't dislike any of the protagonists, I just like some more than others. I also can't rank the protagonists from any of the spin off games since I haven't played them.

AnDReJ98
  • AnDReJ98

Gangsta

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:02 AM Edited by AnDReJ98, 04 January 2014 - 12:03 AM.

1. Tommy: A lot of people say he's 'clone' of Tonny from Scareface and that's why they don't take him more seriously, but i found something unique and special about him without including 'clone acts'. Also, the best 3D era protagonist.

2. Niko: I've to say something? Wars from Yugoslavia, new to the town, the best HD era protagonist and the best GTA protagonists after Tommy in my opinion. Also Serb.

3. Johnny: The way Rockstar did with him in V was really disappointment. Killing such a great protagonist. I wish someone other was there instead.

4. Claude: Very cold man, would do anything to get his job done, doesn't even talk. But the most interesting question is why he doesn't talk, since we don't know much about his background story.

5. Michael: He seemed cool, but somewhat boring, i haven't been interested in his character that much, but i think V's bad story made him little worse.

6. CJ: Starting with his lame acting and inability what to do in certain moments made him looks like a little prick. But seeing how he was improving through storyline and starting making better decisions, gave me better picture of him. But still not perfect after that thought.

7. Vic: I actually loved him from beginning, but through story he started acting lame especially at the end of the game, and in VC, total noob, so here.

8. Toni: His character was a much different in LCS than in III, looking through his acting in LCS, made him good, but his relation with Salvatore was a big disappointment.

9. Trevor: I know many people put him on the top, but too crazy, too idiotic acting, too aggressive, i just don't like him.

10. Franklin: He could have been near the top, i saw him like better character than CJ, but V's story made him totally uninterested and boring character for me.

11. Lee: Never could get into him, the only thing i loved about CTW was drug system. Never could get into that game.

12. Luis: The worst protagonist in my opinion. All i got to say is he should have been there instead Johnny with smashed head.

Gettin up
  • Gettin up

Rat

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 04 January 2014 - 12:38 AM

1. Niko
2. Luis
3. Carl
4. Tommy
5. Others

Pooyan Cyrus
  • Pooyan Cyrus

Drake stole my notebook :(

• Members
  • Mars
  • Helpfulness Award [Concepts]
    Best Concept Story 2013 "Grand Theft Auto: Ultimate"
    April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 04 January 2014 - 07:11 AM

1. Carl Johnson
He was a whiny guy at first. He escaped from troubles and didn't come back to his hometown even when his brother was dead. But, he went all across the criminal underworld of the west coast and rose to the top. He was a legendary character, if you aren't a racist.

2. Niko Bellic
Go 6 years back... The Liberty City was changed, and every player saw himself in Niko's shoes. Why? Because as much new as the city was for him, it was for the player! Just a great protagonist with deep layers of personality.

3. Michael De Santa
I like every aspect of his character, except being Epsilon Program's bitch. Anyway, he was first man who had a family really, in the series and his character's done nicely.

4. Luis Fernando
Most realistic criminal Rockstar has imagined up to day. He has a mind, the thing that other GTA protagonists miss!

5. Franklin Clinton
Even a gangster, thinks sometimes. Franklin is a proof to this sentence! He's even better than CJ, but Rockstar has done poor job with his character.

6. Trevor Philips
Too Crazy to be Real! He isn't a nice character at all and I hate him. He could do anything at anytime just because he is a maniac. Kinda Weird.

7. Huang Lee
He's first asian protagonist in the series and since it was first time some problems are forgivable. But he's too much wannabe, you know, he thinks he's the best and this becomes boring after some time.

8. Tommy Vercetti
He's a good character, but he's a copy and that's why he isn't the top character in my list. Face and Personality copy/pasted from Al Pacino in Scarface as Toni Montana, and voiced by Ray Liotta. The only thing that makes him worthy is that he was first GTA protagonist with a voice.

9. Johnny Klebitz
A superhero in TLaD and then, an escaping scared rat in V.

10. Victor Vance
A great man in VCS, but a woman in VC! Even more worse than Johnny K.

11. Toni Cipriani
He could be a very stronger man, but he wasted his time on giving blowjobs to Salvatore Leone. Bitch in its full meaning.

12. Claude
Not a bad character. If I rated them by nostalgia, he could be first.

AndroidModz14
  • AndroidModz14

Don Of Donz

• BUSTED!
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 January 2014 - 06:16 AM

1.Claude(gta 3)
Silent but freaking deadly
No emotions,no Heart

2.Mike gta advance
Cool funny loyal and f*cked one of the main bosses Asuka.

3.Jhonny Klebitz
Loyal,stood for something
Died a Bitch death.
Wtf Happened to you jhonny
and f*ck you rockstar for this.Hate trevor

4.Tommy vercetti
Tony montanna of vice city

5.Victor vance
Normal Guy Turned out on the streets

6.Luiz lopez
Good Guy Making Bad choices

7.Toni cipriani
Changes between little bitch whom everyone bullies to Undisputed Don Of liberty

8.huang Lee
Stuck up rich kid who gets taught a lesson.

9.Claude Speed
Had Fun times

10.Micheal de santa
Rip!too all thoose who killed you!

11.niko
Another Good Guy making bad choices

12.Gta london protags
Too funny

12.franklin
Soo not funny

13.Trevor
Peice of sh*t
Good to see him die.
  • ClaudeTheKiller likes this

LeatherLion
  • LeatherLion

Protagonist

• Members

Posted 12 January 2014 - 05:29 PM Edited by LeatherLion, 13 January 2014 - 03:15 PM.

1. Johnny K. He was so awesome in The Lost And Damned and then you see him as a meth head in GTA V who gets killed by being stomped in the face after his woman who betrayed him more than once got f*cked. Not a fair death. Johnny was a real badass. I mean he was hotheaded, rebellious, stubborn, loyal, hardcore, rocking, wild, headstrong, ruthless when neccesary yet had a heart of gold. He was obvously an amazing character and i think he deserved a better return in GTA V.
2. Claude. Silent, mysterous and very dangerous guy. Ladies love that guy as well.
3. Tommy. Tough guy who survived the 80's. A very cold guy and lunatic who you should NOT bother.
4. Vic. A guy who goes from good to bad. Obvously an amazing story. He did not want to be a criminal.
5. Niko. Real immagrant bad guy with a big soft side.
6. CJ. The guy from my childhood memories. Cool ghetto kid who stay true to his gang. He is a bit of a whiner but
7. Franklin. A no nonsene guy who wants to leave the hood of gangsters for good. Reminds alot of CJ in a way except his personality would be closer to Johnny.
8. Michael. The first GTA protagonistmto be a family man. He wants to do good things for his family but makes bad decisions (except buying them an awesome house) while at the same time comes out the don't give a f*ck additude.
9. Huang Lee. Triad who revenges the Death of his father. Very cool guy too.
10. Trevor. psychopath and also a bit of a jerk. I was actually excited to have Trevor as protagonist but then i saw him kill Johnny, he lost my respect a little. Still funny character though .
11. Luis. an unlikeable, arrogant, selfish, whiny, grumpy, pissy, greedy, ungrateful asshole who is also a jerk, a douchebag, a dick, a hypocrite, an idiot, and a know it all. He's just f*cked up but at least some things he did where cool like standing up for Brucie and against Evan and Mori. But its just the fact that when you first meet him he's nice and all and then the second time, he will become an asshole to you no matter how you treat him. Just like what he did with Yusuf who respected him, considered him a friend and even saved his life.

Lowi
  • Lowi

Li'l G Loc

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 January 2014 - 06:01 PM

1. Trevor Phillips best character in history of videogames

2. Carl Johnson

3. Niko Bellic

4. Tommy Vercetti

5. Franklin Clinton

6. Johnny Klebitz

7. Michael De Santa

8. Luis Lopez

AjdarFan
  • AjdarFan

Forum awarded for biggest Ajdar fan on the universe

• Members
  • Turkey

Posted 19 July 2014 - 04:37 PM

#1. Carl Johnson=
He may just a weak thug in the start of the game, but with progressing, he will be best and most successful protagonist of all the Grand Theft Auto series. He owns 25 houses in three cities! He even own a private airport! Also he is very ambitious and has best quotes. He is very funny gangsta.
#2. Tommy Vercetti=
BADASS! He was cold blooded even start of the game, when he had nothing. Becomed kingpin of a city and does whatever he wants, he owns a city!
#3. Trevor Phillips=
Maybe not very succesful and lives in a old trailer in the middle of desert with rednecks, but he has best quotes in all GTA series (competes with CJ)! He is a real FREAk and has mental problems, it makes him a real GTA protagonist, because who can kill hundreds of people and destroy cars without feeling any remorse? A total FREAK! He also has a soft side, as seen when he is with his mom.
#4.Niko Bellic=
His story was a tragedy, a real GTA story. He is a cold-blooded killer who don't feels any remorse when committing bad things. Also, he has a funny accent which makes me smile when he talks :D. He works for whoever pays for him.
5#. Michael De Santa=
He is like a player who already completed a game and starts all over again after a long time.
6#. Franklin Clinton=
Not much saying, he is just a thug who lacks CJ's ambitions and funny quotes. More serious than CJ, this makes him less entertraining.
7#. Claude=
He is f*cking retard even doesn't know talk. He is very stupid who cannot think. Because he worked for who pays his and gained nearly all gangs' hate. Probably moved from LC otherwise he must be died. In spite of everything, he is protagonist of a real badass legend game, which makes him rank seven.
8#. Johnny Klebitz=
Was a real badass in TlaD and a real f*king retard in V. Died like a bitch.
9#. Huang Lee=
He has really good quotes too, but his game was a real sh*t. If he had a voice acting, he will be a real badass and I can rank him as #3 or #4. Poor guy!
10#. Luis Lopez=
His story was a piece of sh*t and he even hasn't any unique abilities and traits for rising his rank as tenth.
11#. Toni Cipriani=
A total ass licker. He probably becomed a don, but with ass licking, not like Tommy Vercetti. He was very loyal to Sal, I think loyality is not good trait for a main character. His boss was can stab a knife on his back. He is so lucky for death of Sal and he must thank to Claude.
12#. Vic Vance=
Poor pr*ck. I know, he acquired all empire businesses all over Vice City, but ALL of them are demolished sometime prior to 1986. His success not stayed so long. In 1986, he is no longer strong, muscular man. Instead he was a totally poor with a fat belly. Died like a total stupid.
13#. Mike=
Well, he loses for it is poor graphics game. I know it is unfair, but there is other reasons for makimg him last. He even has not any accomplisment other than money and fleed from the city with cowardly. He must confront with his fate like Tommy Vercetti and must rule all over LC with an iron fist.

Real_Badgirl
  • Real_Badgirl

Thug

• Members

Posted 19 July 2014 - 05:20 PM

My list is a bit different now.

1. Niko - He may be a hired gun, but I found him to be very likable. I felt quite bad for him after the final mission. Seriously, I just wanted to give the poor man a hug.

2. Michael - Same here. Despite his criminal history, he really does love his family. Yes, he's responsible for the whole North Yankton fiasco, but he did it for a reason.

3. Tommy - Tommy is just badass. He's psychotic, but unlike Trevor, he won't brutally murder someone just for lulz, do funny things to their corpse and make human stew with their flesh. He's got some great lines as well.

4. Franklin - He's arguably the least developed protagonist from V, but I like him. He kind of reminds me of Niko in a way, in that he's a criminal but he's still a good guy most of the time. By good I mean likeable.

5. CJ -I haven't played much of SA (I suck balls at that game) but he seems alright.

6. Trevor - My opinion on him has really changed. He's got some hilarious lines and some funny moments, but he's way too crazy and over the top. Plus, the way he abuses his friends and employees is just dispicable.

7. Johnny - I don't know why, but I've never been that interested in Johnny or TLAD.

8. Claude - I know voice acting was still kind of iffy back in 2001, but they could have given him some form of personality.

9. Luis - I'm not a fan of him. He's way too arrogant and cocky.

SergeantGnome
  • SergeantGnome

Robot Man Juice

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 20 July 2014 - 06:29 AM

1. Claude
2. Michael
3. Trevor
4. Niko
5. Johnny
6. Vic
7. Toni
8. Franklin
9. Tommy
10. Luiz
11. CJ

1-8 are characters I actually like. The rest I don't.
  • MikePhilips likes this

Osho
  • Osho

Old School RPG'er

• Members
  • None

Posted 20 July 2014 - 07:31 AM

1. Tommy Vercetti
2. CJ
3. Michael
4. Luiz Lopez
5. Claude