Photo

MSI K7T Turbo 2

11 replies to this topic
direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci Racing
  • Portugal

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:20 PM

Recently someone gave me this motherboard, and I'm thinking making a pc. I would like to make it capable running San Andreas at 100% with mods and if possible with IV, which I doubt if it can run IV.

I know it's a old motherboard, but I would like to make it working.

I'm asking which components are the best for this baby, I already thought having these.

List:
CPU: AMD Athlon XP 1800+ (Socket A)
RAM 3GB SDRAM
HDD 40 or 80GB
DVD Drive
A Floppy drive (just for fun) tounge2.gif
PCI 4USB door + 1 Internal
GPU: ? <- Need help with this (AGP Conector)

http://www.ruby-elec...b-ms-6330-b.jpg

Thanks.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:49 PM

There's no way it will run IV.

According to the documentation from the MSI website, the board only supports a maximum of 1GB of RAM so you can forget installing 3GB. As for a video card, they don't even make AVP video cards anymore so you'll have to buy a used one.

Yeah, being able to get it working is cool, but you might as well just take your money and flush it down the toilet. This computer is so out of date, it's not even worth putting a single dollar into.

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci Racing
  • Portugal

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:06 PM Edited by direstraits, 02 July 2013 - 09:08 PM.

I was wrong about the RAM in the box it says "Suports SDRAM up to 1.5GB"

And the GPU I just need to know the best one. I'm thinking about an ATI, and I don't mind buying a used one.

This will not be my main computer, but a weekend computer.

I really want to get this working, because the motherboard is NEW, it was never used before.

Ryan
  • Ryan

Ginga Ninja

• Canada
  • Best Forum Ledby 2011
    Best Forum Ledby 2010
    GTANet Contribution Award
    GTANet Helpfulness Award

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

I can understand you want to get it working and all, but what is the sense to spend a couple of hundred dollars on computer components that are ten years old, just for the sake of being able to build something? Save the money and put it towards a new computer or a cheap laptop. If you only needed one or two things, yeah, I could understand, but you need everything. It's just pointless to invest money in it given it's age and what little you'll be able to do with it.

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci Racing
  • Portugal

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

I don't mind about the money I will spend because I can get some components for free or other for a really low price (Under 20). That's the why.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:37 AM Edited by finn4life, 04 July 2013 - 07:41 AM.

New components cost the same as really really old components, if not less, so it's going to be more expensive to fix that piece of sh*t computer than buying new components.

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci Racing
  • Portugal

Posted 04 July 2013 - 09:26 AM

Everyone thinks I'm going to buy online, but no. I can buy RAM for this PC for only 2, because where I live people do not care about damaged computers and do not care give a old computer to me. With this way I can build this PC for under 50 or less.

So I just need to know a good graphics card because thats the only thing that I'm going to buy.

Andreas
  • Andreas

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Austria
  • Best Avatar 2013
    Best New Member 2012
    Contribution Award [GTA V]

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:19 PM

It's pretty much pointless to invest money in a decade old PC so there isn't anything 'good' you can buy, because it's just a waste of money. The system as a whole is incredibly outdated. Anyway, how do you define 'good graphics-card'?

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:29 AM

QUOTE (direstraits @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 20:26)
Everyone thinks I'm going to buy online, but no. I can buy RAM for this PC for only 2, because where I live people do not care about damaged computers and do not care give a old computer to me. With this way I can build this PC for under 50 or less.

So I just need to know a good graphics card because thats the only thing that I'm going to buy.

Try finding a new motherboard that Is newer, that computer is so old we know little about it.

For once slamman would be useful.

direstraits
  • direstraits

• Feroci Racing
  • Portugal

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

Do you want know more about this computer? OK.

SDRAM x3
Socket A (462) x1
IDE x2
AGP x1
PCI x5
COM x1
IDE for floppy drive. x1

As I said before, I don't care about the money.

F4L?
  • F4L?

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

We know what parts are in it, you already explained, what we don't know is what parts we can recommend since we are quite inexperienced with such old components.

baguvix_wanrltw
  • baguvix_wanrltw

Cynical, yeah. Bitter, probably.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:39 PM

I see where you're coming from but trust me: this PC is not worth spending 5 on. DEFINITELY not 50.

I had almost the same board once, and the same CPU you are looking for. It was running Windows ME. (yeah...)

Recently I built a new PC complete with everything for 200 for a friend who is very short on money. It's a quad core AMD @ something around 3GHz, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD etc. In short: 10-20x faster at least.

Forget this piece of sh*t, don't waste your time and money. I have 10 of those boards lying around waiting to have their components desoldered as spare parts because that's the only thing they're still good for.

That doesn't mean you should be mad at your friend or anything; if you happen to come across the other components for free - ok. But if you have to pay... seriously man. Buy beer instead.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users