* Innovation - TBOGT
* Side Content - TBOGT

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Peon

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:35 AM

* Concept, Themes
The Lost. Being part of an organization, it's leader, and whole civil war thing. Awesome.

* Setting, Environments
Both are great. No clear winner. I like the gritty yellow sun-beating rough riding biker theme as well
as the cool blue luxurious nightlife in NYC.

* Pacing/Progression
The Lost wins, but Gay Tony is no slouch in this department either.

* Missions
Gay Tony wins this one due to the sheer amount of variety and pure chaos, whereas
The Lost (aside from the finale and the kidnapping) was mostly playing it safe.

Characters
Gay Tony wins. Johnny was a better protagonist than Luis, yes. But overall, while The Lost
has a few great characters which really hit home, most of them are forgettable. There is no
character in Gay Tony which shines above them all, but it has a more colorful diverse cast.

Plot
Both. I'll call this one a tie. Gay Tony engaged me mentally and trigged my curiosity, whereas
The Lost touched appealed to me on a more emotional level.

Innovation
Gay Tony. It adds a lot more overall. But to be fair, being the 3rd entry, it doesn't have the same
impact that the previous two had.

Side Content
Gay Tony.

WildBrick142
  • WildBrick142

GTAV Forum Leader

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Ireland

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:14 PM

* Concept, Themes
This goes for TLAD. It actually made you feel like one of The Lost.
* Setting, Environments
TBoGT to be honest, I'm not used to all dark city and stuff. I'm more into bright and colorful cities. Can't wait for Los Santos.
* Pacing/Progression
TLAD. In TBoGT you were always stuck in the same thing. Diamonds. In TLAD, you advanced further from the beginning to the end.
* Missions
Both games had very interesting missions. TLAD allowed you to be a biker and TBoGT allowed you to be party king.
* Characters
Both games had interesting characters.
* Plot
TLAD. In there you actually knew what is going on.
* Innovation
TBoGT.
* Side Content
TBoGT. I like being a biker but flying golden helicopter, parachuting, getting drunk anytime and shooting a golden SMG from a golden car beats that.

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:28 PM Edited by im_stoned, 02 July 2013 - 02:00 PM.

TBOGT no question. You can dance and boogie. You can murder and kill. Luis is a badass who runs L.C ! and gets all the hottest chicks. Gay tony is the man as far as im concerned. The story is fun. I like all the characters. It's like the vice city of the iv era.

TLAD I dunno it's a good game but I didn't care for johhny and it all fell a little bit flat. I should of loved it for the dark and grittiness. Their was something missing. Johhny was too nice for one. I don't dislike the game but it's story is not on IV's and TBOGT's level. That's just my view you don't have to agree feel free to disagree.

Normally I would love tlad and hate tbogt to be honest. This is usual for me.

* Concept, Themes
TLAD should win it has a cool concept. I'd prefer being a angry biker with a grudge. Than some pretty boy nightclub owner. The problem is tbogt delivers with it's nightclub theme beautifully. Tlad looks gritty feels gritty but like I said something didn't click with me. It seemed to safe and protected. These are supposed to be murderess psychopaths but their a lot calmer than you'd expect which is probably realistic but it didn't do it for me. Tbogt was what it claimed to be a silly over the top fun light-hearted game. So that's why it wins the theme wasn't better the execution was

* Setting, Environments
Tbogt I loved the nightclubs it felt more real to me. Like I was part of the city rather than being alone in '' zombie town'' like iv/ tlad Those games had good interactions with people too. I just felt more included in the universe when playing tbogt.

* Pacing/Progression
TLAD. It was more like a true story. tbogt was all over the place go figure it's kinda supposed to be like that the ''cheap Hollywood film' effect. So to speak.

* Missions
TBOGT. They are over the top and that's why I enjoy them.

* Characters
TBOGT.... has GAY TONY. It therefore wins by default. I'm not even joking. Tony is my kinda character. Just like niko bellic is. They feel more like real people instead of cartoon characters.

* Plot
TLAD. Like I said above. Felt more life a real life story to me so it wins by default. I still enjoyed tbogt of course because its supposed to be '' hollywood'' style writing.
* Innovation
TBOGT. Had the most unique guns, weapons and locations. The fightclub, Golfing, Nightclubbing, What more do you want ? Even the missions are different

* Side Content
I enjoyed TBOGT more. Drug wars, parachuting. Their both strong in this area though

Bull12345Bull
  • Bull12345Bull

Criminally Insane

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

* Concept, Themes: TLaD, since the biker theme is simply amazing icon14.gif

* Setting, Environments: Although they are both set in the same city, I'd choose TBoGT, since the gritty theme of Alderney did not appeal much to me.

* Pacing/Progression: TLaD. I dunno, it seems better to me.

* Missions: Certainly TBoGT. The missions were spectacular!

* Characters: TBoGT. Yusuf Amir is enough. "KAPOW, Motherf*ckers!"

* Plot: TLaD's plot was a lot better, with an interesting ending.

* Innovation: TBoGT, for the crazy-ass missions and weapons.

* Side Content: TLaD wins this one, with the Gang Wars, Bike Races and stuff.

Joe Chip
  • Joe Chip

• Members
  • Antarctica

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

* Concept, Themes - When I first bought the games I would have said TBoGT, but now I'm kind of feeling that the gritty atmosphere of TLAD was better. Ask me in another three years.

* Setting, Environments - Both? I like the state of Alderney more, and TLAD featured that more, so TLAD, I suppose.

* Pacing/Progression - TBoGT. I managed to beat TLAD very quickly, and the story flies right by you.

* Missions - I'm not sure. TLAD's missions felt like missions, and they were fun and exciting to play through. TBoGT didn't have as many good missions, but the ones that were good were fabulous. I guess both win in this category.

* Characters - TLAD. Everyone in TBoGT was annoying. I even sort of sympathized with some of the 'bad' characters in TLAD.

* Plot - TLAD. TBoGT was about a washed up club owner owing the mafia some money. How could that possibly be cooler than the story of a rift in a powerful biker gang?

* Innovation - I really like the sticky bombs, but you can't really call them innovation. There wasn't anything new to the series that I liked in either. If I had to pick I'd go with TBoGT.

* Side Content - TBoGT. The weapons were more fun to use, and The Buzzard was probably the best air vehicle in the HD generation.

I guess my conclusion is that TLAD was the most exciting and gripping to play, and it had the best storyline and missions. TBoGT was more fun to play when you're done with all the missions and just want to go on rampages in Liberty City. If I had to pick one game to have it'd be TBoGT, but if I had to pick one game to have ever played through it'd be TLAD.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:12 PM Edited by Valenta, 02 July 2013 - 09:51 PM.

* Concept/Themes - I'd probably say TLaD, purely on the gritty atmosphere and feel. TBoGT's party like atmosphere didn't really mix well with Liberty City.

* Setting/Environments - TLaD, simply because it was set mostly in Alderney.

* Pacing/Progression - TBoGT. TLaD flew by for me, probably because I was enjoying it so much.

* Missions - Half n' half for this one. Most of TBoGT's missions were unbridled insanity, while most of TLaD's were grounded and realistic.

* Characters - Again, half n' half.

* Plot - TLaD hands down here. A endless downward spiral has never been depicted with such savage realism and hard-hitting brutality.

* Innovation - TLaD. GTA IV, but with added grit and realism.

* Side Content - TBoGT.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:31 PM Edited by Official General, 02 July 2013 - 09:42 PM.

* Concept, Themes - TBOGT. It was much more fun and action-packed. Biker themes are more suited to a West Coast setting too.

* Setting, Environments - TBOGT. I liked the party, nightlife feel of Liberty City. It was a nice break from the dark, grittiness.

* Pacing/Progression - TLAD. It had a better story progression, more structured, deep and meaningful.

* Missions - TBOGT. The missions were just straight up crazy, explosive and high-octane. I really enjoyed the ride.

* Characters - TBOGT. Luis was not the best GTA protagonist, but he was more than good enough. Henrique and Armando were great as his sidekicks, they were funny at times. Yusuf - pure comedy and brilliance !!

* Plot - TLAD. Had just a slightly better storyline, as it was more serious, dark and gritty. I enjoyed that aspect a lot.

* Innovation - TBOGT. The many of the missions just seemed quite original, like the stealing a train carriage - insane !!

* Side Content TBOGT. I enjoyed Drug Wars much more than TLAD's Gang Wars, and there was an end product of gaining drugs. Plus the cage fighting gambling thing was cool.

Dollarhide
  • Dollarhide

Original Pimp

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:20 PM

I like The Ballad Of Gay Tony more - better story, more humor, better characters.
Lost and Damned is horrible, if it was a standalone GTA game, it would be the worst. Though I must admit that I love the episodic bikes and gang wars.

BullyIstheBestRockstarGame
  • BullyIstheBestRockstarGame

Tony Prince is a Gay God

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 12:07 AM

* Concept, Themes - About Even loved the bike theme but i also loved the Glamorous Side to Lc aswell
* Setting, Environments - TBOGT
* Pacing/Progression - Even
* Missions - tbogt missions were more crazy but again overall i would say about EVEN!
* Characters - tlad Just Edges it due to luis being a douche but tony>>Tlad Characters
* Plot - tlad Easily!
* Innovation - Even
* Side Content - Even

Overall i Think the Tlad has the edge

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Is the sky f*cking blue?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 04 July 2013 - 07:49 AM

* Concept, Themes - TLAD
* Setting, Environments - TLAD, the bright colors of TBOGT didn't fit in with the city
* Pacing/Progression - TLAD
* Missions - TLAD
* Characters - TLAD
* Plot - TLAD
* Innovation - TLAD, I mean, that's one of the bikes
* Side Content - TLAD

Ryan_Hull
  • Ryan_Hull

Not A Crackhead

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

Was never keen on the whole biker thing tbh so maybe slightly biased but hey, who cares. Thought TBOGT was slightly short and the plot wasn't as good in terms of how a storyline is built.

* Concept, Themes - TBOGT
* Setting, Environments - TBOGT
* Missions - TBOGT
* Characters - TBOGT
* Plot - TLAD
* Innovation - TBOGT
* Side Content - TBOGT

Majestic81
  • Majestic81

=VP=

• Members
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:07 PM

* Concept, Themes: TLAD. We never had a biker theme, so it was refreshing. TBOGT concept has been recycled many times in GTA.
* Setting, Environments TLAD
* Pacing/Progression. TLAD
* Missions TLAD, Although TBOGT mission werent bad. some of them were quite fun.
* Characters TLAD easily. lots of memorable and deep characters, TBOGT characters were generic and empty.
* Plot TLAD, the moral of the story is great. TBOGT was about gameplay the story was crap.
* Innovation, Both of them were creative. so i say its a tie.
* Side Content TLAD because of the new vans/bikes and the side missions.

So TLAD f*ckin wins.

zailaiboke
  • zailaiboke

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:24 AM

tbh so maybe slightly biased but hey, who cares. Thought TBOGT was slightly short and the plot wasn't as good in terms of how a storyline is built.

Johan
  • Johan

• The Yardies
  • Dominican-Republic

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:26 AM

* Concept, Themes - TLAD
* Setting, Environments - TBoGT
* Missions - Tie
* Characters - TBoGT, but by a margin
* Plot - TLAD obviously
* Innovation - TBoGT
* Side Content - TBoGT without a doubt

Straight Tony
  • Straight Tony

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:18 PM

This thread needs a poll.

BoGT is the best of the IV series, it's such a feel good game unlike the other two. The missions were varied and entertaining and it had the greatest lads in it.

I can't even remember what happened in TLaD to be honest, it was all boring and grey and stuff.

Tycek
  • Tycek

Being a bastard works.

• The Yardies
  • Poland

Posted 05 August 2013 - 09:52 PM

* Concept, Themes: TLaD without a doubt. Being a member of a biker gang living on the rock bottom was really refreshing. TBoGT was about to show life of rich part of the city population, but in fact it didn't show anything spectacular nor worth showing.

* Setting, Environments: TLaD, Liberty City slums were more interesting than Clubs and hanging in derelict train yards and factories was something different from Niko's story. Sure, the clubs were nice, but they weren't that far from strip clubs which were available for Niko.

* Pacing/Progression: TLaD, nice, short but intense story. And you actually felt like you are someone with power in your hand.

* Missions: TLaD, balanced and fitting TLaD theme perfectly. They were also realistic without any Over the top crap.

* Characters: TLaD, without a doubt. Gay Tony was cool, but rest of the characters from TBoGT were simply annoying twats. People from TLaD were far more likeable and better written.

* Plot: TLaD. TBoGT hadn't plot at all, so there is nothing to compare.

* Innovation: TLaD, because TBoGT was done before in SA. Many missions were designed only to resemble those from the past and be as much over the top as possible. Biker theme wasn't that before so it was quite innovating. Also plus for the bike with the same name smile.gif

* Side Content: TLaD, as I much more prefered beaten cars as Rhapsody, Regina and Slamvan than the F620 or Bullet GT. Bikes were also cooler in TLaD (Wayfarer, Angel) and weapons were much more interesting without being overpowered (as AA-12).

B Dawg
  • B Dawg

Is the sky f*cking blue?

• Members
  • Bosnia-and-Herzegovina

Posted 06 August 2013 - 10:29 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Monday, Aug 5 2013, 22:52)
TLaD weapons were much more interesting without being overpowered (as AA-12).

One thing I can't fully agree on.

TLAD StreetSweeper is OP. Other weapons icon14.gif

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:49 AM

I re-bought GTA IV again (That's 3 times now ph34r.gif ), but I got the Complete Edition this time on PS3. I must say I'm enjoying TBOGT a lot more now on PS3 than 360 for some reason.

Luis doesn't feel like the douche I once thought he was.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Wednesday, Aug 7 2013, 04:49)
I re-bought GTA IV again (That's 3 times now ph34r.gif ), but I got the Complete Edition this time on PS3. I must say I'm enjoying TBOGT a lot more now on PS3 than 360 for some reason.

Luis doesn't feel like the douche I once thought he was.

Lool Miami, you are crazy with this GTA IV obsession !!

Around nearly 3 years ago, I traded in my stand alone copy of GTA IV for the PS3 and gor the PS3 Complete Edition, it's just much better to have it all on one disc.

And you can clearly see that the graphics on the PS3 Complete Edition look better than the original 2008 copy.

Josh5697
  • Josh5697

Royale with cheese

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:15 PM

* Concept, Themes-TBOGT
* Setting, Environments-TBOGT
* Pacing/Progression-TLAD
* Missions-TIE
* Characters-TIE
* Plot-TIE
* Innovation-TBOGT
* Side Content-TBOGT
rahkstar2.gif sign-clinton.gif

LSPD-GTAV
  • LSPD-GTAV

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 10:09 PM

When I play TLAD, I feel like I've been overdosed on heroin laced crack for weeks

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 08 August 2013 - 02:04 PM

* Concept, Themes - TLAD because the biker theme was something that hadn't been done in a GTA game before, it was an interesting new look on things.
* Setting, Environments - TBOGT. While TLAD's gritty atmosphere is spot on, I really liked the whole glitz and glammer of TBOGT's nightclubs.
* Pacing/Progression - TLAD, though not quite sure what that means.
* Missions - TBOGT, definitely. Breaking into buildings by parachute and blowing up helicopters while walking across a train, simply incredible.
* Characters - TBOGT's characters were somewhat funnier and moer colorful, though TLAD had some good characters with rough personalities. Hard to pick, but TBOGT wins imo.
* Plot - TLAD's story felt somewhat more believeable. TBOGT's story felt like there was just too much going on at once.
* Innovation - TLAD slightly more so, because of the biker theme not being done in an open-world game before.
* Side Content - TBOGT, clearly. It introduced some cool new vehicles like more supercars and the APC tank, as well as some cool military-grade weapons and of course the parachute. The Fight Clubs and Drug Wars were great additions as well.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users