Multiplayer carjacking

5 replies to this topic
AIex
  • AIex

Alex Woodcock

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:00 AM

In GTA TBoGT, I noticed you can jack people from a vehicle but I don't think that many people know how to do it and it is hard to jack another online person from their own vehicle so you're now the driver of that vehicle, how is this done?

Also, I've had many people coming into my car as a passenger, but they smash the windows of the door as if the car is locked? Why does this happen and how does this happen?

And when a car is vacant, how do you know if the vehicle is locked or not? It's always fun to kick the vehicle's windows in in order to jack it.

Why do these things happen, how do they happen?
Did Rockstar intend for this stuff to happen? Or are they purely glitches?

Linc.
  • Linc.

Betty, don't start up with your white zone sh*t again.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

I noticed you can jack people from a vehicle but I don't think that many people know how to do it and it is hard to jack another online person from their own vehicle so you're now the driver of that vehicle, how is this done?

You can steal people's cars in Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch and other game modes, I don't believe that you can in free mode.

Also, I've had many people coming into my car as a passenger, but they smash the windows of the door as if the car is locked? Why does this happen and how does this happen?

It's just an animation rendered by your game, they don't do it on their screen.

And when a car is vacant, how do you know if the vehicle is locked or not? It's always fun to kick the vehicle's windows in in order to jack it.

As far as I know there is no way to tell if a car is locked.
smile.gif

AIex
  • AIex

Alex Woodcock

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

You can steal people's cars in Deathmatch/Team Deathmatch and other game modes, I don't believe that you can in free mode.

I've had people throw me off my bike in Free Mode, and they weren't modders. It's extremely rare to do, but it's possible; I just don't know how?!

It's just an animation rendered by your game, they don't do it on their screen.

I usually go online with my friend Alex64892 and when he breaks into my vehicle, the animation displays on both mine and his screen, may just be a coincidence, but it's happened before, but rarely.

As far as I know there is no way to tell if a car is locked.[/color] smile.gif

I figured that usually a car is locked when a pedestrian has been fixing the front or looking in the trunk of the car, sometimes even when the pedestrian is just standing at the door smoking; shoot them and it's likely to be locked.

Thanks for the reply! biggrin.gif . I just never know if these are glitches that Rockstar hasn't really found yet, or something. Or they could just be easter eggs?

StormerBoy
  • StormerBoy

Tribe Leader

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:02 PM

Is it true that if you switch off the engine before geting out of a car, then that will lock it for other palyers?

AIex
  • AIex

Alex Woodcock

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:11 PM

Just been trying to get people to get into my car once I turned the engine off and nobody touched my car lol. I'll have to try that suggestion once my friend comes online.

AIex
  • AIex

Alex Woodcock

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:24 PM

Sorry for double post but just tried that and it's still not locked with the car engine off ^

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users