Photo

Croatia joins the EU

84 replies to this topic
Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (LemonFreak. @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:07)
QUOTE (lloydo @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:25)
I'm suprised it wasn't already in there.

I expect Israel to be next.

Uhm, it's called "European Union" for a reason.

We've also got the Union of European Football Associations, but they got in there somehow sigh.gif

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:30 PM

This is what my city is like, anyone thinking this is fine should be exiled from Britain

#VOTEUKIP

Plus, Farage is a strong & honest leader, the PM Britain needs, Dave, Nicky & Eddy's parties have had their day, lets UKIP shine for once

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

"Dave, Nicky and Eddie" are merely acting in accordance with what the public wants. And the public predominantly wants centrist leadership instead of dogmatic partisan bickering. Why else do you think Blair was elected so often? Because he was perhaps the first to understand that the mood of the public had shifted.

Moonshield
  • Moonshield

amplifier worship

• Mongolia
  • Best Senior Moderator 2013

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:36 PM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 09:17)
What is Croatia?

Wasn't that the native american tribe that stoled all of the Roanoke island peoples?

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:45 PM

QUOTE (Moonshield @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:36)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 09:17)
What is Croatia?

Wasn't that the native american tribe that stoled all of the Roanoke island peoples?

We ain't a goddamn tribe lol.gif

MWC
  • MWC

Hustler

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (Stefche @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:03)
Great, hopefully Serbia will be next.

hopefully Serbia will never be a part of the EU, after seeing what "good" it brought to our dear neighbours (Romania, Bulgaria)

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

Thou shalt not commit logical fallacies

• United-Kingdom
  • Contribution Award [D&D]
    Contribution Award [General Chat]
    Most Knowledgeable [Vehicles] 2013
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:30)
This is what my city is like, anyone thinking this is fine should be exiled from Britain

Right, because a couple of YouTube videos showing perhaps ten people in total is completely and totally representative of the entirety of the United Kingdom.

Plus, I do love your self-righteous claims that anyone who disagrees with you should be exiled from this country. Trust me, I've done more good for the safety and prosperity of this nation than you ever will, so the last thing I need is some knuckle-dragging oik with more teeth than brain cells trying to dictate who has a right to contribute to this society to me, and claiming that I should be exiled because I don't agree with their narrow-minded, hatred and ignorance fuelled bigotry. Respectfully, shut the f*ck up until you can gain a modicum of dignity and a passable understanding of the realities of the subject.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:36)
"Dave, Nicky and Eddie" are merely acting in accordance with what the public wants. And the public predominantly wants centrist leadership instead of dogmatic partisan bickering. Why else do you think Blair was elected so often? Because he was perhaps the first to understand that the mood of the public had shifted.

http://news.sky.com/...ivide-on-europe

Dave, Nicky & Eddy aren't giving us what we the people want

#VOTEUKIP, The People's Party

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:46)
QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:30)

Right, because a couple of YouTube videos showing perhaps ten people in total is completely and totally representative of the entirety of the United Kingdom.

Plus, I do love your self-righteous claims that anyone who disagrees with you should be exiled from this country. Trust me, I've done more good for the safety and prosperity of this nation than you ever will, so the last thing I need is some knuckle-dragging oik with more teeth than brain cells trying to dictate who has a right to contribute to this society to me, and claiming that I should be exiled because I don't agree with their narrow-minded, hatred and ignorance fuelled bigotry. Respectfully, f*ck off.

Take a trip down Alison street, tell me your thoughts when you come back

#VOTEUKIP

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:48)

My views aren't going to change, because they're based on actual empiricism, reality and a proper understanding of the damn subject. Telling me to walk up and down a street isn't going to encourage me to side with your bigoted views. Now, if you can construct a reasonable, logical argument to support your swivel-eyed lunacy and barely-concealed xenophobia, then I'm all ears, but until the point as of which you can actually construct something vaguely resembling a passable argument, then kindly crawl back under your rock.

lol232
  • lol232

The Harwood Butcher

• Members
  • Serbia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (Raavi @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 02:39)
It's a great country to visit and spend your holiday, but it's corrupt and drenched in poverty as hell. Needless to say opening up its borders has the potential to be disastrous as it's in essence the gate to Europe. In short it's the last thing the EU needs right now. On the other hand it's a great example of progress as it has recovered very well and relatively fast from a horrific war.

Pretty much the same thing applies to every Ex-Yugoslav country, except for Montenegro, they're too lazy to be like that, hell, they're too lazy for everything.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:56 PM

QUOTE (sivispacem @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:51)
QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:48)

My views aren't going to change, because they're based on actual empiricism, reality and a proper understanding of the damn subject. Telling me to walk up and down a street isn't going to encourage me to side with your bigoted views. Now, if you can construct a reasonable, logical argument to support your swivel-eyed lunacy and barely-concealed xenophobia, then I'm all ears, but until the point as of which you can actually construct something vaguely resembling a passable argument, then kindly crawl back under your rock.

Well I won't even get to the Romanians on how they use our benefits, not working, have 5 kids & start gangs etc, nice to see you support the broken system though

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

Hashtags don't work here, cowboy. #YOLO

If you're too attached to the past to move forward, perhaps you could find a good old Roman crypt to hibernate in. Or if you rather something Woadish. How a country that fought back the bloody Nazis can host such an ignorant group of zenophobic f*cks will always baffle me.

Thankfully, you're still the fringe of society. Yet a battle plan must unfold soon, because this sh*t is scary. And even more so if you look at the Golden Dawn party in Greece.

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:57 PM

lol232 Haha

I honestly think, as long as the damn EU doesn't push the right buttons to end the EURO crisis, they shouldn't let anyone else in, who doesn't bring bags full of money.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 July 2013 - 05:59 PM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:46)
QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:36)

http://news.sky.com/...ivide-on-europe

Dave, Nicky & Eddy aren't giving us what we the people want

#VOTEUKIP, The People's Party

You underestimate the fickleness of the British public.
Once upon a time, Mr. Clegg was exalted as the only honest politician in Britain, now people bay for his blood and call him a traitor and a coward. Farage will fall as well, the anti-European demagoguery will fade, the foolish promise of a referendum will be forgotten and UKIP will be nothing but a footnote in our history.
I don't think you grasp just how conservative the British people are, I don't think you truly realise just how adverse they are to voting for a third party, there is a difference between offering vocal support to a man like Farage and wanting him to be Prime Minister.

We are a cautious nation and not quick to break tradition, which doesn't bode well for a flash-in-the-pan opportunist like Farage.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:29 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 17:57)

If you're too attached to the past to move forward, perhaps you could find a good old Roman crypt to hibernate in. Or if you rather something Woadish. How a country that fought back the bloody Nazis can host such an ignorant group of zenophobic f*cks will always baffle me.

Thankfully, you're still the fringe of society. Yet a battle plan must unfold soon, because this sh*t is scary. And even more so if you look at the Golden Dawn party in Greece.

Your Canadian, your opinion is resemped from the topic, plus your country has a similar tough immigrant system which UKIP wants introduced so I don't know why your complaining at me for supporting your country already has

#VOTEUKIP

Stephan90
  • Stephan90

Bei mir laufen die Geschäfte wie in Southpark Mister Hankey

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:33 PM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:29)

Your Canadian, your opinion is resemped from the topic, plus your country has a similar tough immigrant system which UKIP wants introduced so I don't know why your complaining at me for supporting your country already has

#VOTEUKIP

icon14.gif

MarshDanni
  • MarshDanni

The Godfather

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

Excuse me but what exactly is UKIP? I mean I'm not in the politics and stuff.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:45 PM

QUOTE (MarshDanni @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:38)

UKIP is the combined dregs of every pub and gutter in Britain.
Take a handful of used cigarettes, a gallon of vomit, a smidgen of piss, a pinch of crusty semen and bake for 40 minutes and the crude, foul-smelling thing you pull from the oven will eerily resemble the average UKIP voter.

Valenta
  • Valenta

True hope is swift.

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:48 PM Edited by Valenta, 02 July 2013 - 06:48 PM.

QUOTE (Typhus @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 18:45)

UKIP is the combined dregs of every pub and gutter in Britain.
Take a handful of used cigarettes, a gallon of vomit, a smidgen of piss, a pinch of crusty semen and bake for 40 minutes and the crude, foul-smelling thing you pull from the oven will eerily resemble the average UKIP voter.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 02 July 2013 - 06:50 PM

UKIP stand for the UK Independence Party, a right-wing party mostly known (I believe) for being against Britain being part of the EU.

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:05 PM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 10:29)

#VOTEUKIP

Resemped? You, sir, are apparently an idiot, so therefore your opinions are "resemped" from any logical conversation. But because I'm concerned that another member actually gave a thumbs up to your garbage, allow me to retort - Canada has one of world's finest immigration policies and nothing I would refer to as "tough". I have to revel in irony of a former colonial empire becoming a bunch of simpering xenophobes.

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:05)

#VOTEUKIP

Resemped? You, sir, are apparently an idiot, so therefore your opinions are "resemped" from any logical conversation. But because I'm concerned that another member actually gave a thumbs up to your garbage, allow me to retort - Canada has one of world's finest immigration policies and nothing I would refer to as "tough". I have to revel in irony of a former colonial empire becoming a bunch of simpering xenophobes.

Well we here in the UK have a broken system due to EU membership which sees 100,000s of immigrants coming from Romania, Bulgaria, Poland & pritty much every nation in Eastern Europe, & you don't need a visa, just walk freely into the nation to live happily

Hope you understand my concerns

#UKIP

Otter
  • Otter

sea dwelling madman

• Canada

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:29 PM

Surely you're over simplifying things, and you're also neglecting to mention that the door swings both ways. That's how the Union was always supposed to work, is it not?

Progress is fraught with hardships. Work through them; don't quit out of fear.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:09)

#VOTEUKIP

Well we here in the UK have a broken system due to EU membership which sees 100,000s of immigrants coming from Romania, Bulgaria, Poland & pritty much every nation in Eastern Europe, & you don't need a visa, just walk freely into the nation to live happily

#UKIP

Maybe we should close the border to these all British people who come to the Mediterranean countries for cheaper alcohol, to get drunk and behave like moronic f*cks and searching for a better and free healthcare. Oh, and sorry if I generalized, but following the logic of this racist just because a few act like that means that everyone do the same.

Typhus
  • Typhus

OG

• $outh $ide Hoodz

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:37 PM

And so the groundless demonisation of Poles and Romanians continues. Stay classy, UKIP!

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 02 July 2013 - 07:44 PM Edited by sivispacem, 02 July 2013 - 09:04 PM.

QUOTE (Otter @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 20:29)
Surely you're over simplifying things, and you're also neglecting to mention that the door swings both ways. That's how the Union was always supposed to work, is it not?

Progress is fraught with hardships. Work through them; don't quit out of fear.

He's not just oversimplifying, he's lying. Eastern European EU nationals are proportionally less likely to claim benefits than British citizens. The problem isn't the immigrant population, it's the domestic population who use foreign nationals as a scapegoat for their own inadequacies and incapabilities

BRITLAND
  • BRITLAND

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (RoadRunner71 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:30)
QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 19:09)

#VOTEUKIP

#UKIP

Maybe we should close the border to these all British people who come to the Mediterranean countries for cheaper alcohol, to get drunk and behave like moronic f*cks and searching for a better and free healthcare. Oh, and sorry if I generalized, but following the logic of this racist just because a few act like that means that everyone do the same.

I didn't say anything about banning, I just want the system to be more scrict like no open borders which the EU orders for its members to have

sivispacem
  • sivispacem

• United-Kingdom
    Best Debater 2013
    Best Debater 2012
    Best Debater 2011

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:03 PM

QUOTE (BRITLAND @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 21:20)
I didn't say anything about banning, I just want the system to be more strict, like no open borders which the EU orders for its members to have .

For someone who whines incessantly about how Britain should banish anyone who doesn't follow a particular stereotype of Britishness, you do make a mockery of our language.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:09 PM

Maybe someone can school me on this but I thought, because we (i.e. the UK) weren't part of the Schengen Area, we didn't have the "open borders" that BRTILAND seems to assume we have like most other EU states? We're actually one of the few arseholes in Europe who think we should get different rules just "because".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users