Photo

[III,VC,SA|ASI] GInput

1,097 replies to this topic
halfer
  • halfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:29 PM

Also my DS3 doesn't work with BetterDS3 set on XInput. Is it only possible to use it with Xinput Wrapper like skau did?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:58 PM

I just leave it here:
https://dl.dropboxus...ompatibility.cs

Compatibility script for gta3, supports only two of my scripts, vehicle camera movement and manual aiming. If you want to use manual aiming, you need to update it from here: https://dl.dropboxus...anual_aiming.cs
Also quicksave assigned to guide button, just like in VC.

Silent
  • Silent

Moderating Cookie Monster

• Premium
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 16 December 2013 - 03:59 PM

Is there a way to modify the analog sticks' sensitivities? I've tried using my DS4 with Standard Controls in both GTA III and Vice City and I love it but I find the sensitivity too high to aim accurately. I tried messing with mouse sensitivity and as I expected before doing it, it had no effect. Didn't see an option for sensitivity in either of the .ini files.

Not for now. Maybe a 1.03 feature?
Alternatively, you could try configuring the pad manually. I'm guessing you're using MotionInJoy or XInput Wrapper?

I tried googling and Ctrl+F'ing the thread but couldn't find how to enable Auto-Aim with GTA 4 style controls.
Enabling Classic controls almost does the trick: looking around while on foot is lost

Classic Controls is the only thing you can do.

Also my DS3 doesn't work with BetterDS3 set on XInput. Is it only possible to use it with Xinput Wrapper like skau did?

Better DS3 does not provide drivers. You still need to install them from MotionInJoy. Then you can use Better DS3 instead of MiJ's DS3_Tool.

halfer
  • halfer

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 December 2013 - 08:57 PM

SilentPL, I think I did have the drivers installed because BetterDS3 had managed to work with PCSX2 and newly released games supporting XInput, but that doesn't matter that much, it works, so it's all right.

Too bad about the auto aim, I wanted to replay GTA III-era games and have myself a nice console experience with Xbox mods for GTA3 and VC - I guess I'll have to deal with Classic controls.

Thank you for this mod!

Pat
  • Pat

• The Connection
  • None

Posted 17 December 2013 - 01:37 AM Edited by Pat, 17 December 2013 - 01:37 AM.

Is there a way to modify the analog sticks' sensitivities? I've tried using my DS4 with Standard Controls in both GTA III and Vice City and I love it but I find the sensitivity too high to aim accurately. I tried messing with mouse sensitivity and as I expected before doing it, it had no effect. Didn't see an option for sensitivity in either of the .ini files.

Not for now. Maybe a 1.03 feature?
Alternatively, you could try configuring the pad manually. I'm guessing you're using MotionInJoy or XInput Wrapper?

I'm using the DS4 to XInput wrapper which unfortunately doesn't have any options for configuration besides the color of the LED and rumble intensity. I've gotten used to playing with Classic Controls since making that post, though, so it's not as big of a deal to me anymore. It would still be nice to have but it's not gamebreaking, it's just a minor annoyance and I'm probably the only person that really cares about it.

These mods are amazing, by the way. I've been wanting to replay both games for a pretty long time now and I've been putting it off due to not having a decent method of input. Thank you for making them.

• Silent likes this

MultiKoopa
  • MultiKoopa

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:51 PM

Hey. This is working beautifully with my Logitech F710 controller on GTA 3 and Vice City. Thanks so much for making it!

I do have a few questions, though

is it possible to change the way moving backwards works? Right now, moving backwards is kind of like... just strafing backwards, instead of turning around and walking in that direction, which I'm pretty sure is the way it should be. Right now, in order to run away from something, you need to rotate the camera completely and then move forwards. If you even move the control stick a little sideways, you cannot actually sprint. 

Also, I understand you were inspired by the San Andreas GInput program, but that one is not very good compared to this one. I don't suppose you have any plans to make a better SA version?

Zera
  • Zera

Playa

• Members
  • Brazil

Posted 19 December 2013 - 09:04 PM

is it possible to change the way moving backwards works? Right now, moving backwards is kind of like... just strafing backwards, instead of turning around and walking in that direction, which I'm pretty sure is the way it should be. Right now, in order to run away from something, you need to rotate the camera completely and then move forwards. If you even move the control stick a little sideways, you cannot actually sprint.

Switch to classic controls in the VC menu.

Clever Caviar
  • Clever Caviar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 17 January 2014 - 03:09 PM

Hello.

I'm running Steam Vice City. Ginput is working, button icons are showing, all good. However, I seem to have a bug. I've read through this forum topic, and looked elsewhere, but haven't seen it mentioned, my apologies if it's a known issue however.

When a text helper message appears on screen top left and it uses the XBOX buttons textures, my left stick stops working. Guardian Angels is a good example of it in action, after meeting Lance I lose control of the car while the text helper is up, and after the shootout it's a struggle to get to the bike in time as another text box stops you running.

Aside from a high resolution loading screen, and your GInput mod, my install is a stock Steam Vice City. one.

Silent
  • Silent

• Premium
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 18 January 2014 - 11:22 AM Edited by SilentPL, 18 January 2014 - 11:22 AM.

When a text helper message appears on screen top left and it uses the XBOX buttons textures

Are you implying it's not the case with PS3 buttons? Interesting.

I was never able to reproduce it, guess I'll have to try again. What controls set are you using?

Clever Caviar
  • Clever Caviar

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 19 January 2014 - 02:12 PM

When a text helper message appears on screen top left and it uses the XBOX buttons textures

Are you implying it's not the case with PS3 buttons? Interesting.

I was never able to reproduce it, guess I'll have to try again. What controls set are you using?

Done some more testing, and realised I had a few other HD txds in there. Have removed them for now, so the install is a standard Steam 1.1 thing. Am now using the GTA4 controls, but was using the original style, but the bug was present then also (though I hadn't quite worked out how and when the issue appeared). 

Changing to PS3 buttons via the .ini still causes the left stick to stop responding.

Removing all the HD tweaks (HD map icons, loading screen and mission titles) doesn't change the bug.

Whilst typing this, I wondered if having two controllers plugged in might be the issue (no idea why it would. but just in case and to rule it out), but that also makes no difference.

Hope the above helps, but if you want me to try anything else, let me know.

OhJay
  • OhJay

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 23 January 2014 - 11:19 AM

Works an absolute treat, many many thanks. :inlove:

Ended up going with GTAIV controls but put it on Standard rather than classic since I need my mouse to aim too much. Failed miserably at the triads and tribulations mission without it, never did like the auto aim target selection  :sly:  Was nervous about how it would react if I had mouse and keyboard as well but it plays very nicely with them. Plodded my way through to Bomb da Base last night to get to the sniper rifle mission see how that behaved. Ended up with controller in left hand and mouse in the right. Whenever I fired it popped out of aim but let go and repress LT and it went back into aiming mode no problems at all. Took me 5 goes to do that mission controller only, first time with the mouse.

Comstock DeWitt
  • Comstock DeWitt

Young GTA Player

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 07:20 PM Edited by Comstock DeWitt, 30 January 2014 - 07:23 PM.

Confirmed working with Xbox 360 controller. 

Also ControlSet 5 is the Xbox 360 controller controls on GTA 3 and VC, also GTA 4 controls.

Comstock DeWitt
  • Comstock DeWitt

Young GTA Player

• BUSTED!
  • United-States

Posted 30 January 2014 - 08:58 PM

Someone hire this man at R* pls

wahgah
  • wahgah

Lost In Postion

• Members

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:18 AM

so there is apparently no chance deji is going to make a gta iv styled control scheme for san andreas; would you make one?

iM Xexu
  • iM Xexu

Player Hater

• Members
  • Spain

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:24 PM

I installed this mod, but when i start the game and when u take control over Tommy Vercetti, the game screen get frozen and it crashes, anyone know what happens?

Thank you and sorry for my english

pawel86ck
  • pawel86ck

Player Hater

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 12 March 2014 - 12:06 AM Edited by pawel86ck, 13 March 2014 - 03:18 PM.

Great mod but for now analog sensitiveness is too high (just a little bit slower would be awesome :evilgrin:).  I'm using 360 xbox controler and it's not easy to drive and aim (compared with vice city on ps2 or xbox 1).

http://gtaforums.com...235-asi-ginput/

Left Analog X Linear=0  #-100 to +100  raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Left Analog Y Linear=0  #-100 to +100  raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Right Analog X Linear=0  #-100 to +100  raise this number to increase sensitivity near center
Right Analog Y Linear=0  #-100 to +100  raise this number to increase sensitivity near center

Ginput for san andreas allow to change sensitiveness, so I hope something similar could be done in VC & GTA 3 :). For now I'm using "xpadder" with this mod, that smart and free program works with any game. It allows to use and configure right analog stick (works like mouse emulation), and after some tweaking responsiveness is perfect. Just go into right thumbstick settings, select "mouse" and set mouse "Y" axis responsivenes to 14, and "X" axis to 32. Now its very easy to aim even with standard controls, no need for classic. But one problem still remains, something similar cant be done with left thumbstick, so still steering during driving is too responsive :(.

EvilAaron
  • EvilAaron

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:41 AM Edited by EvilAaron, 19 March 2014 - 08:47 AM.

Loving Ginput, makes replaying these old GTA games way more enjoyable. Works perfect here playing GTA III GTA IV control style (5) with 360 icons.

While trying to get other patches to work I was playing with running GTA III (Steam v1.1) in 98 / ME compatibility mode. For some reason Ginput wont work for me when do this. Running XP SP 3 or my default Win 7 64 Ginput works great. When running Win 98 / ME compatibility mode it seems inactive. I am missing something I need to do for it to work in compatibility mode?

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 10:50 AM

A very few mods can work with steam version. Why do you need 98 compatibility mode?

Silent
  • Silent

• Premium
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 19 March 2014 - 02:49 PM

Great mod but for now analog sensitiveness is too high (just a little bit slower would be awesome :evilgrin:).

I'm not sure. For now 100% analog tilt means 100% in game, so going any less sensitive will probably make full tilt impossible. Unless I make it not linear.

While trying to get other patches to work I was playing with running GTA III (Steam v1.1) in 98 / ME compatibility mode. For some reason Ginput wont work for me when do this. Running XP SP 3 or my default Win 7 64 Ginput works great. When running Win 98 / ME compatibility mode it seems inactive. I am missing something I need to do for it to work in compatibility mode?

May be a long shot, but XInput itself requires XP (SP1?), so maybe compatibility mode is disabling it?

EvilAaron
  • EvilAaron

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:25 PM Edited by EvilAaron, 19 March 2014 - 04:31 PM.

A very few mods can work with steam version. Why do you need 98 compatibility mode?

III_widescreenfix_remake.asi won't load normal for me crashes at 85% load of game save or new game stock GTA 3 install. It loads in compatibility mode so was playing with it. Only mods I am trying to run are III_widescreenfix_remake.asi and SilentPatchIII and Ginput I thought these worked in Steam 1.1 version I will double check could be mistaken. Using a few textures but have same issues with or without them.

Here was my results trying solo and combinations of these 3 mods on clean steam install http://gtaforums.com...entry1065011993

III_widescreenfix_remake does not work with Steam 1.1 GTA3, sorry for my mistake.

May be a long shot, but XInput itself requires XP (SP1?), so maybe compatibility mode is disabling it?

That would make sense, guess its not a solution for my situation anyway. Was trying to get III_widescreenfix_remake.asi to load which it does in compatibility mode but crashes still on exit and breaks Ginput/XInput so I'll stick with running Win7 64.

Shame I can't get III_widescreenfix_remake.asi or SilentPatchIII.asi to work here, I must have something odd wrong on my end. At least Ginput works great and game looks better than my PS2 memories. Will miss some of the bug fixes and tweaks from these great mods you two have made. Maybe I'll have better luck when I get to VC :)

Silent
  • Silent

• Premium
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:28 PM Edited by Silent, 19 March 2014 - 04:28 PM.

This widescreen fix doesn't work with Steam version. SilentPatch does.

EvilAaron
  • EvilAaron

Player Hater

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 19 March 2014 - 04:40 PM Edited by EvilAaron, 19 March 2014 - 05:16 PM.

Thank-you good to know I can stop wrestling with it. Still not sure why I freeze on death with SilentPatchIII though, that is without widescreen stuff. I will clean slate GTA3 install again just to make sure its not something I did.

Edit: As a test deleted whole GTA 3 folder reinstalled off steam. Deleted settings and save files. Installed only SilentPatchIII. Started a new game and crashed car till on fire, explosion = lockup

win 7 64

Steam 1.1 version

no other mods or textures 

socials
  • socials

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 06:49 PM Edited by socials, 19 March 2014 - 07:26 PM.

First of all, thank you Silent for all of your hard work on GInput. I've been using your mod on GTA Vice City for a few hours now and it's almost perfect, except for one thing.. a terrible bug that unfortunately renders the game pretty much unplayable. And as I see from googling around a bit, I'm not the only one.

When the on-screen instructions pop up, the left analog stick locks up. When driving I can't steer left-right anymore and on foot I can't move at all. This only happens when the instructions show a button (for example, "hit A to accelerate"). When it doesn't show a button (it's just a notification; ala "bridges are closed"), this doesn't happen.

The bug is at its worst when there's a firefight and I happen to find myself over a dropped weapon. It prompts me the button to pick up the weapon, the analog stick locks up and I'm stuck standing over the weapon since I can't move. So death is inevitable.

I'm using the XBOX 360 Wired Controller, Windows 7 64-bit and Vice City from Steam.

Here's what I've tried so far:
1) Change control mappings
2) Change every other little setting in the config file
3) Went from official controller drivers to XBCD+XBOX360 Controller Emulator
4) Deleting models/xbox360btns.txd (the game crashed of course)
5) Creating an empty file as models/xbox360btns.txd (the buttons were shown as white squares but the bug still persisted)
6) Downgraded to Vice City 1.0
(do you have any other ideas I could try?)

Needless to say, none of these helped.

After all of that I wanted to make sure that it's not the game's or controller's fault. I disabled GInput completely and mapped some keys by hand in Vice City's settings. Started up my saved game and the bug was indeed gone. So, unfortunately, it's definitely a bug in GInput.

Since it seems to be a problem ONLY when the notification shows an image of a button, I was wondering if you could release a version that doesn't override the notifications with controller's buttons?

Even if that doesn't help, you'd have some idea on where to track the bug in your source code.

Cheers.

Silent
  • Silent

• Premium
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:25 PM

I got numerous reports of this bug. I tried to recreate it playing on all 3 EXEs, XBOX/PlayStation buttons, different control mappings. I just can't f*cking reproduce it. Until I know how to reproduce it, I will not be able to fix it too.

Maybe it's the fact I'm using DualShock 3, so the drivers are different than X360 pad ones? I don't know.

socials
  • socials

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:31 PM Edited by socials, 19 March 2014 - 07:32 PM.

Maybe it's the fact I'm using DualShock 3, so the drivers are different than X360 pad ones? I don't know.

That's quite possible. Maybe the bug only exists on XBOX 360's controller.

Are there any XBOX 360 Controller users here? Maybe someone could confirm it.

Oh, and what about this:

I was wondering if you could release a version that doesn't override the notifications with controller's buttons?

Would it be possible?

Silent
  • Silent

• Premium
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:34 PM

I wouldn't be interested in such a sloppy workaround :p

Although I think I might compile it without those functions for testing sake.

socials
  • socials

Player Hater

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:38 PM

I wouldn't be interested in such a sloppy workaround :p

Although I think I might compile it without those functions for testing sake.

That's what I mean, so I/people could test. And if it works, you know the bug's somewhere in the notification's source code. And if it doesn't, then it's somewhere else. It would definitely be somewhat helpful.

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Soldier

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:40 PM

Are there any XBOX 360 Controller users here? Maybe someone could confirm it.

Would it be possible?

Can't confirm, also i might try with steam exe later.

yojo2
  • yojo2

~y

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 19 March 2014 - 07:41 PM Edited by yojo2, 19 March 2014 - 07:42 PM.

I've beaten GTA3 and VC with X360 controller, and have not even once encountered such issue. (non-steam exe, Win8)

Silent
  • Silent

• Premium
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 19 March 2014 - 08:02 PM

Removed everything related to those buttons:

https://dl.dropboxus...94/GInputVC.asi

The code has one dubious function (it wasn't working properly with compiler optimisations), but I never thought it could be an issue. Turns out maybe it is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users