Cast your votes in a poll!
Voting ends at Feb 1st
Hey, what's going on? You plugged in your PlayStation or XBOX pad in hopes that you'll be able to play GTA on your PC just like you used to play on the console, and for some reason you can't make the controls work properly? You can't use full possibilities of your brand new, XInput-compatible pad? Maybe you want to refresh your childhood memories after ages of playing IV and you're sick of the old-fashioned controls?
If any of these apply to you, GInput is the mod you've been looking for! This modification completely rewrites III/Vice City controls handling and ditches DirectInput in favour of XInput. This way, your PlayStation 3 and XBOX 360 pads will be handled by the game just perfectly, taking advantage of all their features, including analog triggers.
This modification features:
- Complete XInput support, so pads are mapped to match console versions perfectly (including Start button, which can't be mapped on PC version without this modification).
- Proper vibration support - something that was cut from all PC versions of the game!
- FIVE different control mappings - four setups matching PS2 selectable setups and fifth one being a recreation of GTA IV controls!
- Pad buttons in In-Game helps, replacing PC key names (depending on user's choice, either PlayStation or XBOX buttons are shown).
- An INI file with tons of options - including toggleable vibration, selecting controls setup, Invert Look option from console versions, axis inversion options from San Andreas and more!
- Automatic switching between keyboard & mouse and pad controls, basing on last device input.
- Support for Guide/PS button. The button is fully functional and can show your Steam Overlay menu if you launched the game via Steam!
- Cheats input from the pad. Use classic PS2 cheats on PC!
Vice City version:
Vice City version (running on GTA: Liberty City):
As GTAGarage widget is gone for now:
The changes take effect automatically, no need to toggle anything when the game is launched.
If you're using any of THESE, mods, you should try downloading the COMPATIBILITY SCRIPT. This way they will work fine with all GInput features.
- GTA III 1.0 (all versions)
- GTA III 1.1 (all versions, including Steam version)
- GTA VC 1.0 (all versions)
- GTA VC 1.1 (all versions, including Steam version)
Thanks to Deji for creating original GInput for San Andreas, which acted as an inspiration for creating this modification.
Also huge thanks to Ash_735 for dealing with all the boring texture stuff
Thanks to Emillister for creating GTA IV buttons for GInput.
Like my work? Can't wait for GInput for San Andreas? Every support gives me more motivation to develop my modifications further: