1,554 replies to this topic
ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None
  • Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 24 August 2013 - 11:32 AM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Saturday, Aug 24 2013, 00:46)
Any updates? When do you think that GInput will release for GTA III?

Well, i started to work on compatibility script, no idea when it will be finished though. Manual aiming works well with gamepad smile.gif

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection
  • None
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 25 August 2013 - 04:54 AM

Progress on GInputIII is coming along nicely. The functionality of the pads feels perfect to me - just like VC. Some help menus need to be finished up yet before it's ready for a release.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Best Script/Plugin 2014 [SilentPatch]
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Talented [Modding] 2013
    Best Map 2013 [ViceCityStories PC Edition]
    Best Vehicle 2013 [III Aircraft]
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:39 PM

QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 06:54)
Progress on GInputIII is coming along nicely. The functionality of the pads feels perfect to me - just like VC. Some help menus need to be finished up yet before it's ready for a release.

In fact, GInputIII and GInputVC will feel the same since they share the code tounge.gif

The mod itself is finished, now I'm converting it to 1.1, then Steam version. Release shouldn't be far away alien.gif

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 09:21 PM Edited by nkjellman, 25 August 2013 - 10:15 PM.

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 12:39)
QUOTE (Craig Kostelecky @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 06:54)

In fact, GInputIII and GInputVC will feel the same since they share the code tounge.gif

The mod itself is finished, now I'm converting it to 1.1, then Steam version. Release shouldn't be far away alien.gif

Alright. Glad to hear it. Can't wait.

Edit: How long does it take to port it to another exe, just out of curiosity.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:21 PM

QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 23:21)

That one went fast, but it can take long at times since it's f*ckING boring.

nkjellman
  • nkjellman

OG

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:27 PM Edited by nkjellman, 25 August 2013 - 10:30 PM.

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 22:21)
QUOTE (nkjellman @ Sunday, Aug 25 2013, 23:21)

That one went fast, but it can take long at times since it's f*ckING boring.

I'd imagine it can be boring.

But it sounds like its done then. Hope to play soon.

Edit: Hope someone can make a 3rd person camera mod for III and VC to go along with this so you can move the camera around the player, and do it when in a vehicle, just like in San Andreas, and the mobile version of the games. I know of the one thats out, but it doesn't feel natural to me. the camera is too static. Plus it makes the classic controls work like standard.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:54 PM

So, GInput 1.02 is up! VC version is a bit updated and III version is identical to the other one.

Full changelog (applies mostly to GInputVC, GInputIII ships all these changes aswell):
  • Modification is now compatible with XP SP1 (which is now the oldest supported system, 1.0 and 1.01 required XP SP2 or newer)
  • In IV controls mode, detonator is now controlled by Melee Attack (Circle/B) key
  • Triggers handling reworked (deadzone is now smoother, making controls more precise)
  • Triggers are now properly pressure sensitive when rotating the helicopter
  • Rumble improved a bit (it should stop shaking in the same situations PS2 version did)
  • Mouse move doesn't toggle 'keyboard + mouse mode' on anymore - now only button presses do
  • INI file is now read correctly when inside mss folder
  • GInput now features a small API for modders (see GInputAPI directory) which can be used to check if pad is plugged in/is in use

Besides, thanks to Emillister, GTA IV buttons are now an official option! They work with III and VC, obviously.

Craig Kostelecky
  • Craig Kostelecky

GTA:LC Team Leader

• The Connection
  • None
  • Major Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 26 August 2013 - 04:02 AM Edited by Craig Kostelecky, 26 August 2013 - 04:21 AM.

Found a very minor bug in the III version that happens consistently for me. Right after loading the game, if I push the start button the game will crash at 0057F155. If I press X to start a new game, pausing does work fine. I cannot recreate this bug in VC. Again, very minor as pressing start isn't supposed to begin a new game anyway.

EDIT: I should clarify, this happens after launching GTA3, but before a new game is started or loaded.

crackshot91
  • crackshot91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 10:17 AM

This is a great tool, SilentPL! Thank you so much for making it! I do have one question, though: Would there be a way to get a control scheme to mirror the xbox version, when using the 360 controller? That is: look around freely with the right stick (instead of left/right/back) and use the RB/LB to look right or left when driving? Thanks!

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None
    Most Knowledgeable [GTA] 2013
    Best Map 2013 "ViceCityStories PC Edition"

Posted 26 August 2013 - 11:10 AM

QUOTE (crackshot91 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 11:17)
This is a great tool, SilentPL! Thank you so much for making it! I do have one question, though: Would there be a way to get a control scheme to mirror the xbox version, when using the 360 controller? That is: look around freely with the right stick (instead of left/right/back) and use the RB/LB to look right or left when driving? Thanks!

That's not how GTA3 works on the Xbox, that's how San Andreas works on the Xbox. San Andreas had a different control layout compared to III and VC.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 August 2013 - 03:29 PM

Uploaded two footages recorded when using GInput, you can see how smooth the new controls are!

crackshot91
  • crackshot91

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 26 August 2013 - 06:04 PM Edited by crackshot91, 26 August 2013 - 06:23 PM.

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 06:10)
QUOTE (crackshot91 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 11:17)

That's not how GTA3 works on the Xbox, that's how San Andreas works on the Xbox. San Andreas had a different control layout compared to III and VC.

Haha, wow... You're right of course. tounge.gif

But what about this:

Is there a way to use the RB/LB to look left/right instead of the right stick, when using controlset5? And have "B" set to shoot? That's literally my only problem with the tool now, and it's very minor. Basically, I'm trying to set it up so that vice city/III/san andreas control exactly like they do on xbox. (Well, On 360. The black/white buttons on og Xbox made life difficult.)

All-in-all, this is a pretty fantastic tool.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (crackshot91 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 20:04)
Is there a way to use the RB/LB to look left/right instead of the right stick, when using controlset5? And have "B" set to shoot?

There's not, but I like the idea smile.gif

yojc
  • yojc

~y

• Members
  • Poland
  • Best Poster [Tech] 2014
    Most Knowledgeable [Tech] 2013
    Helpfulness Award

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:21 PM

I was just thinking... is there a way to input cheat codes with the controller?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 26 August 2013 - 08:39 PM

QUOTE (yojo2 @ Monday, Aug 26 2013, 22:21)
I was just thinking... is there a way to input cheat codes with the controller?

Throw Bones
  • Throw Bones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:16 AM

I'm not that great with computers, can someone help me get this mod to work on my pc?

Easy as pie. Put 'GinputIII.asi' and 'GinputIII.ini' files in the game root directory or
'mss' folder, then put both TXD files in 'models' folder. You can use the INI file to
configure some mod properties, make sure you check it before you try out the mod!

I cant find the "game root directory" or "mss folder" or anything else. I have the steam version and I'm running windows 7. Can someone break this down step by step on what to do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

TJGM
  • TJGM

Boss

• Members
  • Ireland
  • Helpfulness Award
    Contribution Award [Mods]

Posted 27 August 2013 - 01:36 AM

QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 01:16)
I'm not that great with computers, can someone help me get this mod to work on my pc?

Easy as pie. Put 'GinputIII.asi' and 'GinputIII.ini' files in the game root directory or
'mss' folder, then put both TXD files in 'models' folder. You can use the INI file to
configure some mod properties, make sure you check it before you try out the mod!

I cant find the "game root directory" or "mss folder" or anything else. I have the steam version and I'm running windows 7. Can someone break this down step by step on what to do? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Right click on the game in your steam library, click properties, then local files and then browse local files. Drag and drop the files for the mod into that folder there or into the mss folder.

Throw Bones
  • Throw Bones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:08 AM

QUOTE (TheJAMESGM @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 01:36)

Right click on the game in your steam library, click properties, then local files and then browse local files. Drag and drop the files for the mod into that folder there or into the mss folder.

Thank you! I got it to work kinda. But what about the txd folder and the models folder do I have to do anything with that?

Also I'm using an xbox 360 controller and the left and right trigger switches weapons and the lb and rb dont do anything. How to I make it so right trigger is shoot and lb rb switch weapons? Right now B is shoot which feels weird.

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:13 AM

QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 03:08)

Thank you! I got it to work kinda. But what about the txd folder and the models folder do I have to do anything with that?

Also I'm using an xbox 360 controller and the left and right trigger switches weapons and the lb and rb dont do anything. How to I make it so right trigger is shoot and lb rb switch weapons? Right now B is shoot which feels weird.

The control style is there to emulate the original PS2 and Xbox style (which can be changed in the ini) with ease, NOT to do custom controls as that isn't official and really you'd just get a load of people complaining about how they don't like changes, etc, right now it's as Rockstar created for PS2 and Xbox.

And yes, that TXD folder, you have to copy that to so the buttons appear in game.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 27 August 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 04:08)

You can shoot with RT in IV controls mode, which is Controls Set no. 5.

Natedogg.
  • Natedogg.

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:45 PM

Any chance you could map the handbrake to "RB/R1"? colgate.gif on the GTA IV controls of course.

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (Natedogg. @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 14:45)
Any chance you could map the handbrake to "RB/R1"? colgate.gif on the GTA IV controls of course.

Nope, R1/RB is used as a key which modifies right stick behaviour. Without it, you won't be able to operate hydraulics/firetruck cannon/tank cannon.

IV maps handbrake to both these keys, so my mapping isn't actually non-IV tounge.gif

ThirteenAG
  • ThirteenAG

Gangsta

• Feroci
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (Natedogg. @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 16:45)

You can do so by yourself via CLEO.

Throw Bones
  • Throw Bones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 03:37 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 02:13)
QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 03:08)

The control style is there to emulate the original PS2 and Xbox style (which can be changed in the ini) with ease, NOT to do custom controls as that isn't official and really you'd just get a load of people complaining about how they don't like changes, etc, right now it's as Rockstar created for PS2 and Xbox.

And yes, that TXD folder, you have to copy that to so the buttons appear in game.

So I copy the txd folder then click on the gta models folder and inside that folder paste txd in there?

Also how do I access the ini option to switch my controller layout?

Silent
  • Silent

Chief Vision™ Alterer

• GTA Mods Staff
  • Poland
    Most Respected 2014
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2014
    Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2013
    Most Helpful [Mods] 2012
    Modder of the Year 2012

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:44 PM

QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 17:37)

There is some rarely used, mysterious tool in Windows called Notepad.

Throw Bones
  • Throw Bones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (SilentPL @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 16:44)

I read in the read me file all the setup options and I want setup 5 but I don't know how or where to change it?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 20:31)

I read in the read me file all the setup options and I want setup 5 but I don't know how or where to change it?

Right click the INI file, Open With, Notepad, and look for this:
ControlsSet=5

Make sure the last number is 5 for the Xbox style controls. If it's not, just change it to 5 and then Save the file.

Throw Bones
  • Throw Bones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:14 PM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 19:33)

ControlsSet=5

Make sure the last number is 5 for the Xbox style controls. If it's not, just change it to 5 and then Save the file.

Thanks for the help I did that and it worked but my game keeps freezing. Any idea why this is happening?

Ash_735
  • Ash_735

• Members
  • None

Posted 27 August 2013 - 09:24 PM

QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 22:14)

ControlsSet=5

Thanks for the help I did that and it worked but my game keeps freezing. Any idea why this is happening?

Have you made sure you've installed it properly, should look something like this:

Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- GInputVC.asi
- GInputVC.ini

Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\models
- ps3btns.txd
- x360btns.txd

With the normal Steam EXE it should work fine. it does here.

Throw Bones
  • Throw Bones

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 12:13 AM

QUOTE (Ash_735 @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 21:24)
QUOTE (Throw Bones @ Tuesday, Aug 27 2013, 22:14)

ControlsSet=5

Have you made sure you've installed it properly, should look something like this:

Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto Vice City
- GInputVC.asi
- GInputVC.ini

Steam\steamapps\common\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\models
- ps3btns.txd
- x360btns.txd

With the normal Steam EXE it should work fine. it does here.

Ill have to check when I get home. Could it be because I skipped the txd part?

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users