Grand Theft Auto Vice City Chain Game Round 16
In this Round we're gonna have all of the 100 hidden packages on completely new places, and we're also going to have the vehicle hunt, so let's get to it!
The Chain Game is for anyone who wants to play along. It starts from the very beginning and right to 100%.
Please read the Rules & Guidelines before you start to play.
The Rules & Guidelines are here so that the game can progress and everyone can have an enjoyable experience and contributing into bringing the game towards 100%.
New players are always welcome to join the Chain Game. If you're new and want to join in, simply follow the Quick Start Guide for now and read the complete set of rules later. Eventually you'll have to... otherwise, you'll spoil all the fun, first of all, for yourself.
Quick Start Guide
Supplement To The Rules
Chain Game Personnel
Unique Vehicle List
Quick Start Guide
1. Call a turn by posting in this topic.
2. Download the last save.
3. Play one mission (if there is more than one available, choose the one you desire)
4. Upload your save on Samutz Save'N'Play
5. Post the link to your game back here within 3 hours. Edit your original posting to do this.
Here's a copy & paste template for the posting format you should use.
1. Do not use any kind of cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts. They can seriously mess up things later in the game, so using them will not only spoil the fun for yourself, but also for the other players. Although, unlike GTA San Andreas, there is no effect in a save after having used the cheats, it is better not to use them.
2. Call a turn by posting in the topic.
3. Download the previously posted save file. We want to use the same save file throughout the game and take it to 100%. After 100%, we can see who has the fastest racing and challenge times.
4. Complete ONE Named Mission only, save your game, upload your save file (see below) and post a link back in the topic (use the Edit button).
5. The definition of a "Named Mission" is "any mission that changes the save file name". Examples are "Riot", "Shakedown" and "VIP".
6. Several named missions are exempt from the 'one named mission rule', for various reasons. Find all details on these in the Supplement To The Rules.
7. Use Samutz's uploader to upload your save file (recommended uploader). If it is down you can use Rapidshare, FileFront or YouSendit.
8. Use the preferred posting format (see below).
9. Wait until 3 other turns have been completed before calling another mission.
10. If 6 hours pass without another gamer completing a turn, then the '3 mission rule' is reset & anyone may call a turn. This does NOT mean to wait 6 hours between personal turn calls.
11. The time limit to complete your turn is 3 hours. The post time in the topic will be used. The timer starts when a mission is called but for the timer to start counting down, the caller must give a strong indication that he is taking the turn. After 3 hours have passed and the caller has not posted back, it's a forfeit and anyone else may call a turn.
12. The caller may call a forfeit. The forfeiter should wait at least one turn before calling another mission/turn. The forfeited turn will not count towards the '3 mission rule' and will not reset the 6 hour timer.
13. In the event of two gamers calling a mission, the first one does the called mission.
14. Mission strategy is up to the caller - just don't use cheats, trainers, mods or cleo scripts.
15. Do not save after getting busted or wasted.
16. The caller may purchase weapons, tools, clothes, food, safehouses, businesses, respray the vehicles, set up the bombs and have relations with prostitutes. Please let us know about any of this stuff in the Notes section of your post.
17. The caller may do any collections/deliveries in the 3 hours. Please report any extra stuff in the Notes section.
18. Nobody is forbidden to get to Mainland and Starfish Island to do something there by using any techniques possible to access these islands before they are open.
Please try to post the completion percentage from the stats after you have completed your turn. This will help in putting together the stats at the end of the round. The completion % can be found in the fisrt line of STATS.
1. Try to keep the mission failures to minimum unless it's to collect a special vehicle (BP/DP/EP/FP/unique color/extremely rare). If a special vehicle has been collected, let us know in the Notes section.
2. Try to keep the safe house saves minimal. If you have a game crash problem on your system multiple saves are alright - save when you don't want to lose some progress.
3. Try to save with full armor.
4. Save close to available missions when possible.
5. Let’s try to have the last save for 100% be "Keep Your Friends Close", so try to get everything else done before that.
6. Try to keep the ammo count below 10000. When exceeded, the ammo count will disappear. And this sometimes can be lethal during missions where you engage in a heated fight with only 5 or 6 bullets left in your clip which you can't see and reloading can cut down your health or armor. The exceptions are one-bullet-clipped weapons: Molotovs, Grenades, Remote Grenades, Shotgun, Stubby Shotgun, Rocket Launcher & Sniper Rifle. Also, as soon as the 'fast reload' ability will have been unlocked, these regulations will become obsolete.
This supplement is designed to discuss some of the technicalities of the Chain Game's rules, and it was thought best to provide these in the original post.
(1) Abuse of the '3 Mission Rule':
Callers are encouraged to understand the basic ethos of the Chain Game. One should only call a mission, once the previous caller has completed his/her called mission and posted the new save. That's the basic idea of the chain: a new link can only be attached as long as the previous one is bound. Hence, to call a mission while a previous one is being completed, defeats the entire logic of the chain. Let's also consider the fact that when a mission/turn is called that the 3 hour timer has started.
(2) Exceptions to the 'One Named Mission Rule':
1. 'Lame Missions':
- "An Old Friend"
- "The Boatyard"
- "Cherry Poppers Icecreams"
- "Kaufman Cabs"
- "Sunshine Autos"
Although these are named missions, there isn't any action going on and they can be accepted in sequence with anything else.
2. Stadium Missions:
The player can complete NO MORE THAN ONE STADIUM MISSION even if the caller is not playing another named mission. Also, these missions can be reaccepted by other callers to improve record times.
- "Cone Crazy"
- "PCJ Playground"
- "Trial By Dirt"
- "Test Track"
These are exceptions from the 'one named mission rule' and can be combined in any number with any other named mission. Also, these challenges can be reaccepted by other callers to improve record times.
4. TOPFUN missions:
- "RC Bandit Race"
- "RC Baron Race"
- "RC Raider Pickup"
These are also exceptions from the 'one named mission rule' and can therefore be as well combined in any number with any other named mission. Also, these missions can be reaccepted by other callers to improve record times.
5. Chopper Checkpoints:
- Little Haiti Chopper Checkpoint
- Ocean Beach Chopper Checkpoint
- Vice Point Chopper Checkpoint
- Downtown Chopper Checkpoint
These missions can be as well combined in any number with any other named mission. Also, these missions can be reaccepted by other callers to improve record times.
6. Vice Street Races (Sunshine Autos):
- "Terminal Velocity"
- "Ocean Drive"
- "Border Run"
- "Capital Cruise"
- "VC Endurance"
If player is playing a named mission, he can complete ONLY ONE RACE. If he is not playing a named mission, he can complete NO MORE THAN 3 RACES per turn. Also, these races can be reaccepted by other callers to improve record times.
7. Asset missions:
- Checkpoint Charlie
- Strip dance
These missions can be as well combined in any number with any other named mission. Also, Checkpoint Charlie can be reaccepted by other callers to improve record time.
(3) Other things to keep in mind:
1. Hidden Packages/Rampages/Unique Stunt Jumps/Robbery
Feel free to get any of these but remeber: the 3-hour rule remains the same. Also, put any HP/rampages/USJ/Robbery and rewards received for them into the 'Notes' section.
2. Sunshine Autos Vehicle Delivery
All callers are allowed to participate in delivering cars, and this does not have to be completed separately. Callers can help by storing cars on the lists beforehand as and when they come across these.
Mission: Use the mission name as it appears on the screen. Don't use mission descriptions like 'that mission where you kill Diaz'.
Player: Use your GTAForums account name.
Link: The link to your uploaded save file, after you've completed your turn.
Completion: Completion percentage from stats section.
Notes: Anything pertinent to the mission/strategy or extra stuff done.
A simple "I'll take/call a turn" is enough to call a turn (most players do it this way), but please use this posting format for your completed turns. Below you'll find a template you can copy and paste, it'll look just like the example above. Feel free to change the colors to your liking.
- lol232 - GTA Vice City Chain Game Chief (Inactive) [16/0]
- Arsen Vitiuk - GTA Vice City Chain Game Starter Save Master (Active) [1/0]
- miromiro - GTA Vice City Chain Game Checklist Master (Active) [57/0]
- MrMateczko - GTA Vice City Chain Game Skilled Player (Active) 31/1]
- GTAKid667 - GTA Vice City Chain Game Skilled Player (Inactive) [17/0]
- Leone Sentinel - GTA Vice City Chain Game Player (Inactive) [15/0]
- magneto - GTA Vice City Chain Game Skilled Player (Inactive) [13/1]
- shoumic - GTA Vice City Chain Game Player (Inactive) [8/2]
- Haashir911 - GTA Vice City Chain Game Player (Inactive) [5/1]
- typicalgamer - GTA Vice City Chain Game Player (Inactive) [8/0]
- ZoomZoom - GTA Vice City Chain Game Player (Inactive) [4/0]
- WildBrick142 - GTA Vice City Chain Game Player (Inactive) [4/0]
- H.I.M. - GTA Vice City Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [3/1]
- Master of San Andreas - GTA Vice City Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [1/1]
- 0rkL - GTA Vice City Chain Game Newbie Player (Inactive) [1/0]
- Andreaz1 - GTA Vice City Chain Game Newbie Player
The following vehicles are unique and therefore can be acquired only once in game. I would like the GTA Vice City Chain Game players to add some of these vehicles to the garages because some of them have unique properties that may be very helpful further in game.
1. Ken Rosenberg's snow-white Admiral (UC) - in the very beginning [LV]
2. Spand Express (UV) - during 'Jury Fury' and 'Riot'
3. Diaz's Silver Admiral (BP/DP/EP/FP/UC) - during 'Guardian Angels'
4. Romero's Hearse (FP/UV) - during 'Two Bit Hit'
5. Black Romero's Hearse (UC2/UV) - during 'Two Bit Hit'
6. Black Voodoo (UC) - during 'Two Bit Hit'
7. Snow-white PCJ-600 (UC) - during 'Autocide'
8. Black & Pink Bobcat (UC) - during 'Autocide'
9. Surf Blue PCJ-600 (UC) - during 'Autocide'
10. Black Admiral (UC) - during 'Check Out At The Check In' and 'Loose Ends'
11. Black Pony (UC) - during 'Loose Ends'
12. Light-blue Maverick (UC) - during 'Loose Ends'
13. Squalo (BP/EP/FP) - during 'Supply And Demand'
14. Squalo (EP/FP) - during 'Supply And Demand'
15. Wet Asphalt Patriot (UC2) - during 'Sir, Yes Sir!'
16. Black Washington (UC) - during 'All Hands On Deck'
17. Hilary's Sabre Turbo (BP/EP/FP) - during 'The Driver'
18. Snow-white Walton (UC) - during 'Gun Runner'
19. PCJ-600 (BP/FP/EP) - during 'Bar Brawl'
20. Golden Stretch (UC) - during 'Martha's Mug Shot' and 'Recruitment Drive'
21. Black Sentinel (UC) - during 'Hit The Courier'
22. Sonny's Sliver Stretch (UC) - during 'Keep You Friend's Close...'
23. Cheetah (FP) - during any of Sunshine Autos Races
24. Stinger (FP) - during any of Sunshine Autos Races
25. Infernus (FP) - during any of Sunshine Autos Races
26. Black Sanchez (UC) - during Trial By Dirt, after beating the record 3 times
27. Black Rancher (UC) - during Test Track, after beating the record 3 times
28. Hotring Racer 'C' (EP/FP) - During Hotring
29. Random Vehicle (TP) - During firefighter side missions
30. Lightless Taxi
31. Lightless Cabbie
32. Lightless Kaufman Cab
33. Lightless Zebra Cab
34. Bloodring Banger 'A' With Glitched Roof
35. Bloodring Banger 'B' With Glitched Roof
36. Flatbed with the Glitched Bed.
BP - bulletproof;
DP - damageproof;
EP - explosionproof;
FP - fireproof;
TP - Tip proof;
UC - unique colour;
UC2 - unique colour 2;
UV - unique vehicle;
in green - acquired vehicles
in yellow - acquirable vehicles
in red - unacquirable vehicles
underlined - can be acquired more than once
bold - Can be acquired by glitching
[VE] - in Vercetti Estate
[HC] - in Hyman Condo
[SA] - in Sunshine Autos
[ES] - in El Swanko Casa
[LV] - in Links View Apartment
[OH] - in Ocean Heights Apartment
- JAJ - The Creator of The Chain Game, most of the ideas belong to him
- Arsen Vitiuk - The Creator of GTA Vice City Chain game, generated vehicles generator, helped me with the 'fancy' looks for the Chain Game, also many of ideas were taken from the GTA III Chain Game.