Photo

IV - Adding car sounds?

1 reply to this topic
AadamZ5
  • AadamZ5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:55 AM

So, i've been digging around for a good 3 weeks about adding car sounds. Without replacing, to fit custom added vehicles.

CODE

lp700, lp700, car,  lp700, INFERNUS, VEH@LOW,  VEH@LOW_INFERNUS,  1,  1,   0.2950, 0.2950,  0,  5,  1.0 ,0,  sports

I know that the first and second set define the .wtd and .wft file. the 4th defines the handling.

INFERNUS defines the car's in game name and engine sound.

I added a profile in american.gxt for my lp700, and thats great, but correct me if i'm wrong, If i change INFERNUS to LP700, won't that result in no engine sound?

doesn't the profile in the gxt define the engine sound?

Now, What I'm trying to figure out (as a half newbie) how these link together. Is it hardcoded? Because, obviously in the STREAMED_VEHICLES.rpf, we have sounds that don't even relate the the name of the car what-so-ever.

These are linked with an ID of some sort. Yes, you are probably mad that I am stating obvious facts to you, a pro coder, (Most of you) but maybe answer some of my questions if you could? And is it possible to assign an ID to a custom profile in the GXT file to a custom sound in the RPF file? Added ones of course.

Correct me on anything that I am wrong on.

AadamZ5
  • AadamZ5

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

So, No One has Ideas?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users