Photo

Ban and Cut-Version

237 replies to this topic
Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

What in the world? GTA V is not going to be cut in Germany. Saints Row 4 wasn't cut, and GTA IV was also uncut, I don't see any reason why in the world GTA V would be cut.

Taco_Gta
  • Taco_Gta

ON IT LIKE KING KONG

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

ah i hope not it's unfair you guys get treated like that

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:08)
What in the world? GTA V is not going to be cut in Germany. Saints Row 4 wasn't cut, and GTA IV was also uncut, I don't see any reason why in the world GTA V would be cut.

the reasons have been mentioned several times... you should probably read before posting...

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:20 PM

I am unsure too. So I have preordered the german and the austrian version. I will decide as soon as something will be announced,...

Hopefully the austrian version is compatible with german DLC (PS3),....only in the case I need to take the austrian PEGI version.

The Milkman
  • The Milkman

"I'm just picking mushrooms and berries."

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (philley @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:20)
I am unsure too. So I have preordered the german and the austrian version. I will decide as soon as something will be announced,...

Hopefully the austrian version is compatible with german DLC (PS3),....only in the case I need to take the austrian PEGI version.

On gameware.at it's stated that the DLCs will be fully compatible.

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

But will you receive it on the 17? Since i moved to Germany, the delivery of packages has been a nightmare for me, except from amazon.de smile.gif

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:11)

the reasons have been mentioned several times... you should probably read before posting...

The reasons are silly though, so far there's absolutely no indication that the game will be cut. I'm pretty sure that R* makes sure that the game isn't going to be cut in Germany, after all it's probably the most important market for them in Europe. They're not as strict anymore as they used to be too, lately they have been pretty open and barely cut games anymore. If you also consider that the game is being released uncut in Australia, it's nearly a hundred percent sure that it will also come out uncut in Germany.

And even in the very unlikely event of it being cut in Germany, it's not a big deal to get the game from another European country. If I order a 18+ Game online I usually try to buy it from a non-German store, since they make you pay an extra five Euro for the stupid special 18+ Shipment, ridiculous anyways.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Trund @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:29)

The reasons are silly though, so far there's absolutely no indication that the game will be cut. I'm pretty sure that R* makes sure that the game isn't going to be cut in Germany, after all it's probably the most important market for them in Europe. They're not as strict anymore as they used to be too, lately they have been pretty open and barely cut games anymore. If you also consider that the game is being released uncut in Australia, it's nearly a hundred percent sure that it will also come out uncut in Germany.

And even in the very unlikely event of it being cut in Germany, it's not a big deal to get the game from another European country. If I order a 18+ Game online I usually try to buy it from a non-German store, since they make you pay an extra five Euro for the stupid special 18+ Shipment, ridiculous anyways.

You clearly have no clue then...

Trund
  • Trund

I'm all of ach fo her

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:35)
QUOTE (Trund @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:29)

You clearly have no clue then...

I forgot that you're so much smarter and know everything better, I should apologize! sigh.gif

At least I'm not creating some virtual panic here about something that will most likely not happen as there's not a single indication.
Just look at SR4 again, it was seriously cut in Australia, here it's uncut. GTA V is uncut in Australia, now tell me why it should be cut here? Right, there's no reason.

Freezer89
  • Freezer89

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:06 PM

Max Payne 3 was only cut because the civilians were immortal there.. that's about it. Kinda strange.

Now if we compare this to the rampages in V it could be a similar situation altough it wouldn't make much sense eitehr because civilans could get killed in all possible ways in IV and it was uncut. Same for RDR.
It has probably to do with the achievement.. you would get a reward for killing people and this usually it's not being liked by the USK.

The fact that it still hasn't been rated yet worries me a bit.

For comparison, IV and Max Payne were rated about 4 to 6 weeks before their releases. Now we're less than four weeks to release and still no word from them.

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 03:13 PM

Ok, going a little off topic but since there are many germans here they will probably know the answer.

I know that GTA 5 will be region free and i will get a german one, but my PSN account is UK because that's the only way to have it in english.

Do you know if i will be able to buy DLCs from the UK PSN? In general because for GTA 5 it would be hard to tell since it's not launched yet.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:40 PM

Volitation knows how to do it lol.gif

Screen from the SR4 launch Trailer:

user posted image

schnitzelmitpommes
  • schnitzelmitpommes

tasty

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:45 PM

Usually only games with extreme violence or gore (think dismemberment, or lots of blood) will get a ban/cut. I don't think GTA5 will be banned anywhere, as even though its pretty violent, the violence is not as graphic, or not as extremely portrayed.

We were also able to see in the Online trailer, when one player shoots another, there isnt much blood to be seen, so currently my bet is that GTA5 will release uncut in Germany, just like IV - there simply is nothing "bad" or violent enough to cut out.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:00 PM

QUOTE (schnitzelmitpommes @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 19:45)
Usually only games with extreme violence or gore (think dismemberment, or lots of blood) will get a ban/cut. I don't think GTA5 will be banned anywhere, as even though its pretty violent, the violence is not as graphic, or not as extremely portrayed.

We were also able to see in the Online trailer, when one player shoots another, there isnt much blood to be seen, so currently my bet is that GTA5 will release uncut in Germany, just like IV - there simply is nothing "bad" or violent enough to cut out.

it is already banned in 2 countries...

and Amok/Rampages dont have to be brutal or violent to get cut. Such stuff always gets a cut in Germany..

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:35 PM Edited by philley, 20 August 2013 - 06:48 PM.

QUOTE (J Hater @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 16:29)

But will you receive it on the 17? Since i moved to Germany, the delivery of packages has been a nightmare for me, except from amazon.de smile.gif

I have ordered via Spielegrotte. Very reliable. Usual are shipping 1-3 days in advance! But I will pick it up as I live very close.

I have contacted R* regarding the DLC questions and the current status of the pending USK review.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Afaik there is region lock. Im sure you can still use European DLC in every European Country.
But if V gets cut, it will get a different code which is only compatible with german marketplace DLC.

Then you have to download DLC with an UK Account for example. It then works also on your native account. If it gets an IP block, you have to make it via VPN.
For example, I bought Gears 2 from Austria as it was banned in Germany and even on the index. So you couldnt even download Trailers from US Marketplace as it was IP Blocked.
I did have an Pre Order DLC Code and did manage to enter it on my secondary Acount, 1 day before they IP blocked it. 1 day later I would have needed a VPN. Not a big deal to make one though.

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:20 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 07:17)
Afaik there is region lock. Im sure you can still use European DLC in every European Country.
But if V gets cut, it will get a different code which is only compatible with german marketplace DLC.

Then you have to download DLC with an UK Account for example. It then works also on your native account. If it gets an IP block, you have to make it via VPN.
For example, I bought Gears 2 from Austria as it was banned in Germany and even on the index. So you couldnt even download Trailers from US Marketplace as it was IP Blocked.
I did have an Pre Order DLC Code and did manage to enter it on my secondary Acount, 1 day before they IP blocked it. 1 day later I would have needed a VPN. Not a big deal to make one though.

Thanks for the info!!

straxi1234
  • straxi1234

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:25 AM

GTA V was given an R 18+ rating in Australia which means it will still be for sale but will one of the first games that makes use of the new rating. Won't be banned.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:29 AM

Speaking to the first couple of posts, it's a double standard in one way, isn't it?

How is getting a ride in my ride from a hooker then knocking her out and robbing her not sexualized violence?

lol.

This is why we can't have nice things, and sexualized violence.

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:29 AM Edited by philley, 21 August 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Yes, thanks a lot! So we need to wait for the USK. I guess on Friday we will get to know it as GTA V will be available for preordering in the PSN store.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:31 AM

QUOTE (straxi1234 @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 07:25)
GTA V was given an R 18+ rating in Australia which means it will still be for sale but will one of the first games that makes use of the new rating. Won't be banned.

This has already been adressed since it was rated

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:35 AM

QUOTE (brian. @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 07:29)
Speaking to the first couple of posts, it's a double standard in one way, isn't it?

How is getting a ride in my ride from a hooker then knocking her out and robbing her not sexualized violence?

lol.

This is why we can't have nice things, and sexualized violence.

I dont know how you have sex but these are seperat thing. First you bang her ( which isnt bad at all) and THEN you slap her... thats no sexual violence unless you use an anal prope

djdiond
  • djdiond

I need dis more than you I think!

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:41 AM

Not a problem for Australia.

It passed as an 18+ game unedited: Classification Board

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:54 AM

Another reason for the late rating could be the localization. Translating the text takes some time. But release is still too soon for this to be a reason I guess

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:01 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Wednesday, Aug 21 2013, 04:40)
Volitation knows how to do it lol.gif

Screen from the SR4 launch Trailer:

user posted image

To be honest this is the only time the classification board has ever done any good. lol.gif

They should've refused SRTT aswell.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 21 August 2013 - 06:07 AM

SR4 actually gets released in Australia. Cut though.
And watching the latest opinions and Reviews its pretty good.
Played the prevoius ones but no time for SR4 yet

J Hater
  • J Hater

Crows

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:59 AM

Now with the game being available as a digital download i am leaning more and more towards that option. I have an UK PSN account because i wanted english so i will not have to worry about it being cut or censored. Plus if i would get the disk version i don't know that much german and i would probably not understand that much from it(still learning the language).
I will wait before i decide.

schnitzelmitpommes
  • schnitzelmitpommes

tasty

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:41 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 18:00)
QUOTE (schnitzelmitpommes @ Tuesday, Aug 20 2013, 19:45)

it is already banned in 2 countries...

and Amok/Rampages dont have to be brutal or violent to get cut. Such stuff always gets a cut in Germany..

GTA IV also released uncut and i dont see how GTA V is any more violent or offensive than GTA IV. Even games like COD where there are dogs with C4 strapped on them released here.

Also, the USK rated the game 18+, so there would have to be something quite offensive to justify a cut, and a ban is out of question.

user posted image

via http://www.usk.de

the_warbsta
  • the_warbsta

Cash Cards. Get Angry.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:49 AM

its okay, mate, its been confiremed nothing has been cut for us aussies.

philley
  • philley

Hustler

• Members

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:57 AM Edited by philley, 21 August 2013 - 11:00 AM.

Great news!!! Does this definitily mean no cuts for Germany?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users