Photo

Ban and Cut-Version

237 replies to this topic
Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:05 AM

nero stop saying that stuff....we can't do anything about it because it's SOCIETY and POLITICS and that's both just sh*t so deal with it etc...makes me angry thinking about it. makes me wanna go buy a chainsaw and cut people's heads off..... >_>

I have no problem with the german Max Payne 3 version. shooting innocents is not intentional and necessary to gameplay, lol, but if I accidentally shoot at one I want to see a reaction of the ragdoll and not, NOTHING, which is the case in MP3. the AI just doesn't receive the information that it's being shot or whatever. In the arcade mode shooting innocents reduces your score, I can't recall whether it has been taken out of the arcade mode awell...would just go to show how stupid that rating and cut mentality is. people trying to play god....f*ck em.

I hope V will have no cuts at all. if it is I Might have to buy the game from austria or whatever.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:14 PM

so we got drug use in GTAV. not a good sign for Australian Gamers

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 18 July 2013 - 11:55 PM

apparently Saints Row 4 will be released uncut in Germany.

The News says that Deep Silver appealed against the decision of the USK and has won.

http://gameoasis.de/...0...is Living")

Thats a good sign for GTA5. Unless they havent cut the all European Versions now as ND didwith TLOU MP to save money and avoid discrepancies in MP.

You have to know that previous german versions of SR werent playable international in MP. You only were able to play against other germans. In the Dashboard the game also didnt appear as " Saints Row" but instead it was called "Saints Row BRD"

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:29 PM

I hope my Country never follow sht ideas like this, but I'd like to make a question for those in countries with such stupid laws.

They don't allow you to play games with certain content even if you're a grown up, does the same happens with TV news and Movies? I mean when you get news about drugs, murderers or movies related with that stuff do you see themn with a huge black bar and a "piiiiiiii" sound?

kesta195
  • kesta195

L.S.P.D.

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:34 PM

SR was banned because it basically glorifies every aspect of crime to the fullest extent. If GTAV has drug use, you can bet it will have negative aspects, just like drunk driving did in IV, which almost got it banned/cut anyway.

MrcTOtheJ
  • MrcTOtheJ

Cleaning the Trash since '94

• Members
  • None

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:38 PM

I'm sure it won't get banned maybe an edit, who knows. Past GTAs were edited for some areas so why wouldn't V?

Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:42 PM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 15:29)
I hope my Country never follow sht ideas like this, but I'd like to make a question for those in countries with such stupid laws.

They don't allow you to play games with certain content even if you're a grown up, does the same happens with TV news and Movies? I mean when you get news about drugs, murderers or movies related with that stuff do you see themn with a huge black bar and a "piiiiiiii" sound?

no...and that's the absurd thing about it. we get to hear people say F*CK and SH*T on TV and in movies as we please. there is no BLEEP sounds and no black bars when you see boobs or whatever. they show lots of skin on TV, early in the day really. but when it comes to GAMING...OH THATS BAD HMMKAAAY.

it's hypocritcal nonsense. people with issues trying to patronize others. f*ck 'em

gta_fan28
  • gta_fan28

Boy Cute

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:43 PM

In my country we have no problem of banning any violent game like GTA games. The politics here doesn't care about that. Hell even a 7 or 8 yrs old kid can buy a game like that as long as they have money. I know in other country especially USA they don't allowed sell mature games to minor right? BTW I'm from Philippines...

S1LV3R_W0LF
  • S1LV3R_W0LF

PC Gamer at heart

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 19 July 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well then that sucks, I guess their moral many times is solved by an "injection" of money under the table, reason why they keep doing this. Because honestly doesn't make any sense, treating grownups like little irresponsible kids. I think they don't want people getting any ideas to be a criminal, they don't like competition.

felixuta
  • felixuta

The Real Deal yo!

• Members

Posted 19 July 2013 - 05:31 PM

Damn, that would be f*cked up... But - at least here in Germany - I think it will be 18+, like GTA 4, and uncut. Not sure about other games, but we only have 18+ (no mature, 21+) and no completly banned games, I think. But it would defently suck!

EDIT: Should reduce the number of "buts" in my posts >.<

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:36 AM

when will we know ? as in roughly when will gta V o in for classification in Aus and around the world ?We're only 48 days away now, should be close now ?????????????

vivalavendredi
  • vivalavendredi

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:42 AM Edited by vivalavendredi, 30 July 2013 - 05:44 AM.

It won't get banned in Germany.
If we get (again) a cutted version, you can still send it back to your reseller and order an austrian (not australian! wink.gif ) copy from spielgrotte.de (for example)

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:55 AM Edited by man dragon, 30 July 2013 - 05:58 AM.

QUOTE (wannaslide @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 05:36)
when will we know ? as in roughly when will gta V o in for classification in Aus and around the world ?We're only 48 days away now, should be close now ?????????????

I honestly think if it was going to be banned, we'd know about it by now. Still, no more than 3 weeks from now we'll have an official R18+ rating.

I'm telling you now, it won't be banned or even censored. Deep Silver didn't get rid of all the Saint's Row content that the board was frowning upon, but more importantly, it doesn't handle it's content in a mature way, which is another thing the board is looking for. The Last of Us had some shockingly dark moments, but they were handled in a way fitting of them - which gave the moments contextual purpose and a reason for being in the game. Saint's Row IV just aims for the absurd and tries to get away with as much as possible. At it's core, it's an immature game, and there's no way anyone can argue that. Who do you think the OFLC assumes is the targeted audience for such an immature title? The answer is immature people, most of whom are under the age of 18.

GTAVTheHeat
  • GTAVTheHeat

I can't picture life without a point of view..

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:13 AM

Lucky for R* they have some really great writers so everything that is in the game is contextualized pretty nicely.

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:35 AM

I hope you guys are right. If anything I know it wont get banned, but I'm more worried of getting a censored cut down version of the game.

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homeboy

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:44 AM

QUOTE (S1LV3R_W0LF @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 15:29)

No it's just targeted at games.
Movies can contain almost anything and get a rating. Games, nope that's differnt we can't allow children to see them.

The Australian Classification board is just a bunch of idiots who think they know what's best.
They are not even a part of the 'government'

RonDutch
  • RonDutch

Anarchy 99 Holland @SocialClub

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 06:47 AM

When it comes too "games" Australia and germany are the most dumb countries in the world.

Karoi
  • Karoi

Gangsta

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:05 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 03:40)
Im a bit worried atm.
Saints Row was banned in Australia and gets a cut in Germany. Although SR is way less realistic in terms of graphics ( which is something that SR devs did want )

Im like 80% certain that GTA will get a cut in Germany or even a ban in Australia.
I already canceled my pre order and pre ordered the Pegi Special Edition on german Amazon. I guess since german Amazon has listed the Uncut Pegi Version, the german Version is expected to get a cut...

Although I could play Pegi, that would likely cause problems with DLC or even online play. (In SR1 and 2 you only were able to play against germans if you had the german version..)

Even it's been banned, you can order it somewhere else online right? Like from Europe? I know that PS3's are region free. I don't know what XBOX 360 region is the same as Australia.

But that something I would do, just order it overseas.

Twiggy123
  • Twiggy123

HNIC of the NN

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:09 AM

Austrailia, I have to ask, what is wrong with your government?

Mustakurmu
  • Mustakurmu

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:28 AM

In my country, little 7 year old kids can buy GTAV. lol.gif

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:44 AM Edited by Mr. Cozzarelli, 30 July 2013 - 08:46 AM.

QUOTE (iNero @ Friday, Jul 19 2013, 01:55)
apparently Saints Row 4 will be released uncut in Germany.
Thats a good sign for GTA5.

Not necessarily a good sign. The justification for this decision was, that the game illustrates violence in a total unrealistic, over-the-top way.
'V' on the other hand will display a very realistic approach to violence, which is actually a good thing, but could be a critical issue for the USK board.
But nevertheless, I am a strong believer of an uncut release over here.

Well, I can't speak for the rest of the world, but since 2011 it is no longer possible in Germany to rate a preliminary version of the game. The USK board has to see the fully finished game. So ratings can only be expected after the game going gold.
(But it has already been rated by PEGI)

esvi
  • esvi

End Of The Line

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Most of the violence in Saints Row is over the top and unjustified
and most of the time, taken to the exreme, with unnecessary violence

V, while letting you ignite people, use drugs (pretty clear in the gameplay video no need to lie to ourselves),
is still realistic, meaning two things
-the violence will not be exagerated
-there would be moral consequences to your action = police, gameplay downers when you are under the influence
Being ABLE to kill every innocent, or ride over them, isn't equal to the mandatory gameplay

on the other hand, what you are "forced" to do during the missions is the real issue
and if Payday didn't get any problem, I'm pretty sure, V won't get any

My guess, only things that could be removed is the amount of blood, possibility of taking drugs

It won't get banned. Pretty sure it will not

They'll probably have to make a slightly cut version for Germany
and send a slightly toned down version to Australia before the rating just to be sure

From B With Love
  • From B With Love

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

But what does this mean for Austria and New Zealand??

NZcj
  • NZcj

1hunna

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 09:52 AM

QUOTE (From B With Love @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:16)

^^ Nothing, i have pre ordered the C/E and have asked about if it was the uncut or possibly cut version and they said NZ has never banned or had cut versions since their company has existed (10 yrs,MIGHTY APE NZ/AUS)

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (AuSsIeThUnDeR36 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 14:13)
GTA V won't be banned.
Gillard got sent her marching orders.

I'm not sure about Australia but in New Zealand the Classification board is independent and doesn't get any Government funding regarding what political party is in power.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:19 AM

QUOTE (NZcj @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 21:52)

^^ Nothing, i have pre ordered the C/E and have asked about if it was the uncut or possibly cut version and they said NZ has never banned or had cut versions since their company has existed (10 yrs,MIGHTY APE NZ/AUS)

Ahem...

http://www.gameplane...-Theft-Auto-IV/

http://www.gameplane...-to-Gameplanet/

Gecksta
  • Gecksta

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 30 July 2013 - 10:23 AM

"Gillard got sent her marching orders".
R u f*cking retarded. What does the Labour Party leadership
Have too do with gta and the ratings board?

Palm3
  • Palm3

I will laugh at the giant beaver!!

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:40)
Im a bit worried atm.
Saints Row was banned in Australia and gets a cut in Germany. Although SR is way less realistic in terms of graphics ( which is something that SR devs did want )

Im like 80% certain that GTA will get a cut in Germany or even a ban in Australia.
I already canceled my pre order and pre ordered the Pegi Special Edition on german Amazon. I guess since german Amazon has listed the Uncut Pegi Version, the german Version is expected to get a cut...

Although I could play Pegi, that would likely cause problems with DLC or even online play. (In SR1 and 2 you only were able to play against germans if you had the german version..)

Why don't you order it from another German speaking country? Like, lets say, Switserland or Ostria?

Hell, you can even order it in The Netherlands tounge.gif

From B With Love
  • From B With Love

Trick

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:08 AM

QUOTE (NZcj @ Tuesday, Jul 30 2013, 09:52)

Yea this isn't true. GtaIV was cut for New Zealand when I lived there. This
Is why I wonder if you guys and Austria now get cut version as well since our games
Tend to come from our neighbours. If so FML.

NickRooz
  • NickRooz

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 July 2013 - 11:20 AM

About drug use, unfortunately for our friends in Australia and Germany it is in(I think). In the gameplay trailer Franklin is seen walking out what looks like a coffee shop, taking drugs? Correct me if I'm wrong.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users