237 replies to this topic
iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:40 AM

Im a bit worried atm.
Saints Row was banned in Australia and gets a cut in Germany. Although SR is way less realistic in terms of graphics ( which is something that SR devs did want )

Im like 80% certain that GTA will get a cut in Germany or even a ban in Australia.
I already canceled my pre order and pre ordered the Pegi Special Edition on german Amazon. I guess since german Amazon has listed the Uncut Pegi Version, the german Version is expected to get a cut...

Although I could play Pegi, that would likely cause problems with DLC or even online play. (In SR1 and 2 you only were able to play against germans if you had the german version..)

Smallo92
  • Smallo92

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:42 AM

Won't get banned in Australia. Only reason Saints Row got banned was due to sexualised violence and drug use for player gain which is not likely to be in GTAV.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

QUOTE ([DRuG]Smallo @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 03:42)
Won't get banned in Australia. Only reason Saints Row got banned was due to sexualised violence and drug use for player gain which is not likely to be in GTAV.

Dont know. Depends on what they call " sexualised violence". V will most likely have some sexual stuff.
And drugs ofc.
The question is whether you can take drugs or not.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:46 AM

I hope not.

If it does, I suggest you order it online from amazon or something.

RichyB
  • RichyB

Crush grapes mate. Sorry? You're a grape crusher. Next.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:52 AM

Why would it not be? GTA IV was banned in Australia, or at least the uncut version was for a time.

They had to make substantial changes to it before it was released there as I remember.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

QUOTE (RichyB @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 12:52)
Why would it not be? GTA IV was banned in Australia, or at least the uncut version was for a time.

They had to make substantial changes to it before it was released there as I remember.

I picked it up on release day. Apparently they made some minor cuts, but I didn't notice any. Pooling of blood underneath dead bodies, and prostitutes. However, as soon as you loaded up the game about a week later you had to install an update and somehow - prostitutes were back in.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

LS1 powered

• Zaibatsu
  • Australia

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:12 AM Edited by Miamivicecity, 01 July 2013 - 02:15 AM.

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 13:04)

I picked it up on release day. Apparently they made some minor cuts, but I didn't notice any. Pooling of blood underneath dead bodies, and prostitutes. However, as soon as you loaded up the game about a week later you had to install an update and somehow - prostitutes were back in.

I think it was a few months before we got the patch.

I'd say there's a slim chance it will get banned outright. GTA III is the only GTA that comes close to being "banned", but it was still released eventually although a censored version like VC.

Funnily enough SA was never censored at release which is odd. It's likely the worst possible scenario is R* may have to resubmit a modified version.

It would have to be fairly over the top to be banned all together.

AuSsIeThUnDeR36
  • AuSsIeThUnDeR36

Ghetto Star

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:13 AM

GTA V won't be banned.
Gillard got sent her marching orders.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

Afaik you have these new laws. So I wouldnt count on previous experiences

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:15 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:46)
QUOTE ([DRuG)
Smallo,Monday, Jul 1 2013, 03:42] Won't get banned in Australia. Only reason Saints Row got banned was due to sexualised violence and drug use for player gain which is not likely to be in GTAV.

Dont know. Depends on what they call " sexualised violence". V will most likely have some sexual stuff.
And drugs ofc.

Sexualised violence in SR4 refers to a weapon called the "Alien Anal Probe," which is a sort of revolving sword you can shove up the pooper of anyone on the street. GTA V will have nothing that extreme.

Thing is, the laws have still gotten better. A year ago things were worse, but two games just got banned in a row for the above and for drug-use resulting in incentives (both of which were considered offences before as well). I just find it funny how some people claim to know so much about Australia's rating system, but really know jack-sh*t.

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:17 AM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 04:15)
QUOTE ([DRuG)
Smallo,Monday, Jul 1 2013, 03:42] Won't get banned in Australia. Only reason Saints Row got banned was due to sexualised violence and drug use for player gain which is not likely to be in GTAV.

And drugs ofc.

Sexualised violence in SR4 refers to a weapon called the "Alien Anal Probe," which is a sort of revolving sword you can shove up the pooper of anyone on the street. GTA V will have nothing that extreme.

Thought they removed it completley?!

man dragon
  • man dragon

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:19 AM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 02:17)
QUOTE (man dragon @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 04:15)
QUOTE ([DRuG)

And drugs ofc.

Thought they removed it completley?!

They say they will modify the game to get an Australian release. Of course they will, there's no way including an anal probe is worth the risk of losing an entire customer base in Australia.

paperboy64
  • paperboy64

Player Hater

• Members

for all of germany and australia's sake, i hope it doesnt get banned.

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Arm of the Leg

• Members
  • Australia

QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 02:04)

This icon14.gif If it happens again. R* will come to the rescue and release a patch for it. Lets just hope the Australian Classification Board does not find out about the patch being released. I doubt they found out about IV.

At least R* knows what they are doing unlike the creators of SR.

Magic_Al
  • Magic_Al

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:39 AM

QUOTE (RedHolden @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 20:19)
QUOTE (LotusRIP @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 02:04)

This icon14.gif If it happens again. R* will come to the rescue and release a patch for it. Lets just hope the Australian Classification Board does not find out about the patch being released. I doubt they found out about IV.

At least R* knows what they are doing unlike the creators of SR.

There were some mixups with GTAIV. Apparently it would have passed uncut but Rockstar removed stuff on their own to be safe. When TLAD passed uncut then obviously the cuts to IV made no sense so all subsequent versions were uncut.

gzam1312
  • gzam1312

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:15 AM

Safe to say GTA 5 wont have sexualised violence and a mainlining heroin achievement....so GTA 5 should pass as R18+ unscathed - if not, the board would be violating its own standards and could suffer legal consequences.

ChillyPhilly
  • ChillyPhilly

Rock 'n' roll stops the traffic.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:14 AM

Honestly, I'll facepalm so hard if Australia gets a censored version that has some significant differences to original versions. We have an R18+ raying for games now, so why not use it?

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:21 PM

QUOTE (ChillyPhilly @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 06:14)
Honestly, I'll facepalm so hard if Australia gets a censored version that has some significant differences to original versions. We have an R18+ raying for games now, so why not use it?

Mentioned it before:

What about those new laws? Thought Australia has some new laws or rules for games?

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Big Homie

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (man dragon @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 02:15)
Sexualised violence in SR4 refers to a weapon called the "Alien Anal Probe," which is a sort of revolving sword you can shove up the pooper of anyone on the street. GTA V will have nothing that extreme..

Come on, that just sounds really childish and exaggerated. I can't understand why something like that would cause a game to be rejected an R18 rating.

Mr. Cozzarelli
  • Mr. Cozzarelli

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 02:40)
Saints Row was banned in Australia and gets a cut in Germany.

I wouldn't be too worried about the german version.
Saints Row has been cut every time since the first one in 2005/06.
But GTA was released uncut with an USK-rating '18'. I strongly believe, this could happen again.

I'm not so sure about Australia, to be honest. But I hope the best for you guys!

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:26 PM

QUOTE (Gst0395 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 04:23)
Sexualised violence in SR4 refers to a weapon called the "Alien Anal Probe," which is a sort of revolving sword you can shove up the pooper of anyone on the street. GTA V will have nothing that extreme..

Come on, that just sounds really childish and exaggerated. I can't understand why something like that would cause a game to be rejected an R18 rating.

Because it's sexual violence. Forcibly shoving an object up someone's ass is not anything children should be involved in... mercie_blink.gif

Red XIII
  • Red XIII

British and Proud!

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

QUOTE ([DRuG]Smallo @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:42)

Trevor is a drug dealer and I'm betting that his special rage skill is activated by taking some form of drug.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 12:26)

Because it's sexual violence. Forcibly shoving an object up someone's ass is not anything children should be involved in... mercie_blink.gif

But the game is rated 18+ so why would children play it? Do you think before posting something ?

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:42 PM Edited by golf wang, 01 July 2013 - 12:49 PM.

edit: nvm

iNero
  • iNero

Black Tiger Sex Machine

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 14:26)

Noone said they should. But the Devs even said that they chiosed the unrealistic cartoony like graphics to avoid bans and cuts... I mean you should watch a SR4 Video. It really looks like a game to mess around and not something serious like GTA.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:48 PM

QUOTE (iNero @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 04:45)
QUOTE (golf wang @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 14:26)

Noone said they should. But the Devs even said that they chiosed the unrealistic cartoony like graphics to avoid bans and cuts... I mean you should watch a SR4 Video. It really looks like a game to mess around and not something serious like GTA.

That's true. But I doubt the rating boards members take that into consideration. They probably saw the anal probe and flipped and thought to themselves, "WHAT ABOUT THE CHILDREN?" and subsequently banned it from having any rating. At least that's how I imagine it went, lol.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (Red XIII @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 23:28)
QUOTE ([DRuG)
Smallo,Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:42] Won't get banned in Australia. Only reason Saints Row got banned was due to sexualised violence and drug use for player gain which is not likely to be in GTAV.

Trevor is a drug dealer and I'm betting that his special rage skill is activated by taking some form of drug.

But... I own Saints Row 2, god forbid, and when you smoke a bong it gives you superpowered punches. Isn't that the same? Why is that not banned?

Dre23
  • Dre23

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:54 PM

Does anyone of you know when GTA IV got its rating? About two months left so I think it's about time, isn't it?
Actually GTA V has to be uncut IMO because GTA IV was uncut as well so I don'T see any reason why they should cut some things out. But of course you never know.

z06z33
  • z06z33

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:00 PM

Why are they banning stuff anyway why does the government feel that it can tell me what I can and can't play I'm no child and I can make my own choices!

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:49 PM

Haha, I love how you all just buy it internationally if it gets cut or banned biggrin.gif

I think it has a chance but I'm not 100% certain

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users