Photo

Sail boats

16 replies to this topic
nimblelinn
  • nimblelinn

old school

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

So after vice city I was bothered by the fact that sail boats didn't have the sails up. I don't have a desire to sail. But for astetic reasons I think It would be a nice addition to have. An option to have them up or down. And for sailers it might be cool.

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

WTF? I don't see how that relates to sailboats at all
  • GTAboob likes this

Scampi
  • Scampi

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:04 AM

If convertibles can raise and lower their lids it would be nice if we could also raise and lower the sails on boats. I never used them in earlier games because there was no reason to, but with new weather effects and sails they might be pretty fun.

slogan-killer1
  • slogan-killer1

Playa

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:35 AM

Imagine using them in a storm! Crap that'd be an intense sailing session

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 10:32 PM Edited by OptionalZero, 06 November 2013 - 10:33 PM.

I see game play of them up, but it looks like single player.

http://www.youtube.c...e&v=t67Qjhcl4Ks

I'd like to see the sails in online, it does looks better... and it's not really a "Sail Boat" without sails. It's just a slower high-priced boat with no real value. There's not even a cabin.

(Also we need Sharks back and Scuba Gear)

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:26 AM

Friend bought a sail boat tonight. The sails do not seem to extend.

• Wayne Daniels likes this

super cool driving skills

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 15 November 2013 - 10:48 AM

there is no need for boats at all in this game. which is disapointing

• Luddite likes this

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 15 November 2013 - 11:23 PM

there is no need for boats at all in this game. which is disapointing

They are fun and the water looks great, but yes.Without sharks too it makes the waters far to docile and boring. Plus with no dive gear and nothing to obtain down there it's kind of wasted space and scenery. I really was hoping for more. I wanted to have a surface ship and have people dive down for things and have to help protect them from sharks and keep the boat near. You can't even have 2 people in the sub... lame. But I still boat for the hell of it. It's pretty and a great place to smoke.

Greasepalms
  • Greasepalms

Ya gon' dun goof'd up

• Members
  • Portugal

Posted 16 November 2013 - 03:23 AM Edited by Greasepalms, 16 November 2013 - 03:23 AM.

that makes too much sense for R*, sorry.

Wayne Daniels
  • Wayne Daniels

Cattle Rustler

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 16 November 2013 - 04:18 AM

Wtf how did he get sails?? I was pretty pissed off when I spent 400k on that same boat of the website and when it got delivered it had no sails. I could have just stole one.

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 20 November 2013 - 07:36 PM Edited by OptionalZero, 20 November 2013 - 07:41 PM.

I think they made an adjustment with the new 1.06 patch. But sails seem to be on pretty much all sailboats. I showed up in the marina and saw one. Then my squad-mates showed up and we saw many! Proof:

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

0_0.jpg

Even if only for looks, they are way better now. They look great just out sailing now.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:08 AM

I think there was some problem with the sails not working on Playstation. 

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 07:47 AM

Can you elaborate? I assume you are on Xbox and the sail seems to show or function?

If that is the case, thanks. I was wondering what the issue was, sail-boats without sails is just a slow-boat with a mast.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:01 AM

Can you elaborate? I assume you are on Xbox and the sail seems to show or function?

If that is the case, thanks. I was wondering what the issue was, sail-boats without sails is just a slow-boat with a mast.

I'm sorry, but I just heard some friends saying they read about it. I have xbox, and the sails are up all the time.. 

I don't think the sails are working on xbox, they are just there. But on Playstation, I think there was some rendering problems with the sails, and they removed them instead.. If this is the case- maybe they will fix it

I'm not completely sure about this, I don't know if its true, but it is the only explanation I've heard ever so I'm just mentioning it. 

• OptionalZero likes this

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

I'm sorry, but I just heard some friends saying they read about it. I have xbox, and the sails are up all the time.. 

I don't think the sails are working on xbox, they are just there. But on Playstation, I think there was some rendering problems with the sails, and they removed them instead.. If this is the case- maybe they will fix it

I'm not completely sure about this, I don't know if its true, but it is the only explanation I've heard ever so I'm just mentioning it. 

Got it, thanks. Either way, they look better with sails. Now, only if we had sharks in online.

BuyMeTheMoon
  • BuyMeTheMoon

Homie

• $outh $ide Hoodz
  • Norway

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:40 AM

Got it, thanks. Either way, they look better with sails. Now, only if we had sharks in online.

Yes they do indeed look a lot better with sails! Haha, sharks would be cool but what would we use them for?

OptionalZero
  • OptionalZero

Opt_0

• Members

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:50 AM

Just the additional threat to the open sea add so much life. It make an emergency landing or a sinking boat much more intense. Sea rescue takes on a whole new value. But I guess we don't even have scuba gear. It just feels empty when you are out there. But beautiful. Although pointless I enjoy a good boat ride.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users