Quantcast

» «
Photo

Breaking Electronics/Accessories in Rage

39 replies to this topic

Poll: Have you broken electronics in anger? (90 member(s) have cast votes)

Have you broken electronics in anger?

1. Yes, alot (5 votes [5.56%])

Percentage of vote: 5.56%

2. Some (14 votes [15.56%])

Percentage of vote: 15.56%

3. Not many (25 votes [27.78%])

Percentage of vote: 27.78%

4. No, none at all (46 votes [51.11%])

Percentage of vote: 51.11%

Vote Guests cannot vote
xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:11 PM Edited by Gst0395, 30 June 2013 - 11:13 PM.

I just wanted to discuss an issue that is quite personal of mine. I'll just start my saying that I have a foul temper. Whenever something doesn't go my way, I often feel it's necessary to take my temper out on the device refusing to respond. This had usually involved kicking it and throwing it about. In some cases it has resulted in the device breaking. And 90% of the time attempting to fix it has ended in total failure. The electronics that have been victims of my despicable temper include PlayStation controllers, countless wireless USB adapters, (when the internet is incredibly slow) a mobile phone with a cracked screen and an iPod with a broken hold button. I know it sounds pathetic (believe me, I agree), but I'm sick of this happening. It really frustrates me that I cannot control my temper and often end up breaking things that cost money. Breaking it often results in my guilt and makes me feel like a total idiot.

I just wanted to know, am I the only one who acts this way? I'm not asking to be flamed or have the piss taken out of me, I just want to know if anyone else has acted this way.

meta187
  • meta187

Challenge Convention, Question Authority.

• The Connection
  • None
  • Most Knowledgeable [Gaming] 2013
    Best Member in a Group 2010

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

CoD caused me to throw my 360 controller on the ground once.

I don't play CoD anymore but it hasn't happened since. There's a lot less cursing in my house now at 3 in the morning as a result.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:54 PM

Nope, never.

Fireman
  • Fireman

Cunning Stunter

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:03 AM

I broke some controllers, but not much more as far as I can remember anyway, maybe when I was younger I broke more tounge.gif But probably not because of rage.

Oh and I break CD's when they don't work after five tries.

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:12 AM

QUOTE (meta187 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 23:24)
CoD caused me to throw my 360 controller on the ground once.

I don't play CoD anymore but it hasn't happened since. There's a lot less cursing in my house now at 3 in the morning as a result.

Similar here with BF3. Swearing, breaking the keyboard(s) and mouse (at least they were quite resistant), and even other things more expensive. Now since I left it I only puch the pc box when it annoys the hell out of me.
I'm not proud of it but it was inevitable: playing in hardcore and handguns making more damage than machine guns is just... damn it!

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:18 AM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 00:54)
Nope, never.

This. Although I've dropped a few things. sneaky2.gif

im_stoned
  • im_stoned

Thug

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by im_stoned, 01 July 2013 - 12:46 AM.

My friends do. I cant because i cant bring myself to destory property i paid for im a tight ass. That said i punch my bed alot when im in game rage mode. It's within punching range from my chair and doesnt damage anything so its my first choice. Once i was so enraged i needed to break something so i grabbed the game manual and ripped out the first page. I felt better and i still laugh about it to this day so i made it a win

gtamann123
  • gtamann123

Bang Bang, Skeet Skeet

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:45 AM

I've thrown quite a few things but I have never actually broken anything. I remember one time i chucked my wireless PS2 controller into a clay flower pot that was sitting in the corner of my living room and almost shattering the pot. But leaving the controller in perfect condition.

Adler
  • Adler

Hello, Smith. ( -`)ノ

• Leone Family Mafia
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:51 AM

My temper is not worth my electronics. I have broken a few buttons on my controllers from overuse though. biggrin.gif

El Oso Blanco
  • El Oso Blanco

That guy with the AK

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:31 AM

The main things I have broken, or at least damaged, are controllers and headsets. Luckily for me xbox controllers are surprisingly durable. The xbox headsets, however, not so much. I finally learned to control my temper after I broke my turtle beach headset a long time ago. Online first person shooters were the main cause. I rarely play them anymore.

TheCacti
  • TheCacti

l'administration vous emmerde

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Macau

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

Only once, a PS3 controller, and boy did the price of the new one teach me a lesson to not do that again.

I was playing FIFA10, and nothing was going my way. Lost every tackle, missed every pass, and conceded what seemed like every shot from my online opponent. I think he celebrated by doing the robot and that's what tipped me over the edge biggrin.gif I threw the controller as hard as I possibly could against the floor, and it must have bounced against all four walls (albeit, it was a small room). It stayed in one piece, but when I picked it back up all the triggers and a few buttons were perma-jammed, and when shaken I could hear many pieces rattling on the inside. It was done for.

In that moment of pure rage, I have to admit I even thought of throwing the TV from the window down to the concrete driveway below. And before you judge, it was some an old 90s RCA tv, with its casing already broken in many places, so it was practically asking for it (you could probably find a similar one if you searched long enough in a dumpster). But my senses kicked in and I decided against it. Plus, it wasn't my tv. But the controller was mine, so that's cool.

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:45 AM

Nope, I spend my money on this stuff so I cradle them like babies biggrin.gif even when my parents bought me things I never broke them with rage. It's stupid.

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:54 AM

When I was 5 my gameboy. And recently my controller, it was just about to fall apart anyway, and buttons kept getting stuck so one day I got sick of it and smashed it on the floor.

GunWrath
  • GunWrath

Alcoholic Blues

• BUSTED!
  • United-States
  • Most Helpful [Expression] 2013

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:13 AM

May want to find yourself some type of therapy if you throw things because of a video game.. just saying.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

If I'm angry, I take it out on something that I do not love. I love my video games/electronics too much to just break them.

Hecate
  • Hecate

I am for the air.

• NATO
  • Newcomer of the Year 2010

Posted 01 July 2013 - 05:23 AM

I take out my anger from video games by abusing my spouse.

Wolf of Badenoch
  • Wolf of Badenoch

Invisible....

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:09 AM

I haven't broken anything, yet. I've spent too much money on my games to just break them.

OysterBarron
  • OysterBarron

You need a Pearl necklace? Hit me up ;)

• Zaibatsu
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:14 AM

After getting out of my teens I started to control my rage and my controllers never ever got snapped in half anymore!

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:26 AM

I used to drop controllers when I was frustrated, I still do rarely, but I've never thrown one or broken anything on purpose.

I hope that is a joke. confused.gif

RedDagger
  • RedDagger

Crash test dummy

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

Strange, I don't get angry at video games. Or anything really, I suppose that helps tounge.gif
If I'm finding a game annoying I usually just quit it and do something else.

My electronics are far my likely to be broken from overuse (RROD), which itself is annoying...

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 16:13)
May want to find yourself some type of therapy if you throw things because of a video game.. just saying.

Meh, probably, i've only done it twice. But video-games can be incredibly frustrating, I don't really find it any worse than starting a punch up at a footy game.

xXGst0395Xx
  • xXGst0395Xx

Boss

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (finn4life @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 07:58)
QUOTE (GunWrath @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 16:13)

Meh, probably, i've only done it twice. But video-games can be incredibly frustrating, I don't really find it any worse than starting a punch up at a footy game.

This is true. Again, I know it's a silly thing to get angry over but it's hard for some.

Xcommunicated
  • Xcommunicated

OG

• United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:15 AM

QUOTE (Tyler @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 00:23)

I was just about to post something almost identical to this and then I scrolled down and saw you beat me to it.

But seriously though, I rarely ever get so pissed at a game that I feel like breaking stuff. Two instances stand out. One was when I was playing Far Cry and kept getting killed at a point near the end of the game and punched the case and broke it. Fortunately the CDs weren't in it. The second was just last year when Max Payne 3 pissed me off to no end for a wide range of reasons and I ended up pounding the sh*t out of my keyboard, but luckily it didn't break. Other than that, I find swearing like a tourette-ridden sailor at a bunch of pixels on a screen is more sensible than hitting anything.

Daz
  • Daz

Pirandello/Kruger

• Cyclop 9
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

I voted "Some" as I do not know what constitutes "Alot".

The only thing to happen as a direct result of getting annoyed at a game (Driver 2) I threw the tv remote at the wall which it exploded and 3 years later I eventually jury rigged it with a paperclip and got it working again.

I don't think I have smashed anything else, but I do often throw headsets across the room as they often suck and stop working.

I also feel that grabbing a baseball bat and overhand slamming it into a pillow on your bed is a good solution, which I do occasionally.

I have sometimes smack the bottom of my wrist (just below my palm) onto the desk in anger at great speed, though it can hurt after.

A good idea is to stop playing bullsh*t sh*tty games that make you play hardcore modes and other lame as f*ck sh*t. Try and just play games that let you relax.

It is ONLY when you are trying to get something done in which something can piss you off to make you that way.

So if you are just playing to f*ck around without an agenda or goal, nothing can then piss you off.

Controllers are damn expensive so you may need an alternative.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:00 AM

No, I never got angry because of a game (aka, I'm not sick as you guys).

Finn 7 five 11
  • Finn 7 five 11

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 22:00)
No, I never got angry because of a game (aka, I'm not sick as you guys).

Good for you, getting a little tired of people being condescending though.

godforgivesthelostdont
  • godforgivesthelostdont

Prankster

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

i broke a hinge off my nintendo ds in rage lol

thats about it though.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 01 July 2013 - 03:08 PM

I have never got angry at a Video Game before and would not rage at my electronic equipment if I did.

DarrinPA
  • DarrinPA

Orange Grove Member

• Members
  • None

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (Daz @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 05:43)
The only thing to happen as a direct result of getting annoyed at a game (Driver 2) I threw the tv remote at the wall which it exploded and 3 years later I eventually jury rigged it with a paperclip and got it working again.

That is one of the few games that I could easily see people breaking things because of it.

I've broken a controller from playing Tony Hawk Pro Skater. Not out of anger, I was just too good. The same thing happened to my friend on THPS. I'm not sure if it's because of the massive amount of movent of the joysticks the game requires that makes it happen or what. confused.gif

I<3GTAV
  • I<3GTAV

I LOVE GARY PAYTON NO ONE UNDERSTANDS

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 04 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

I broke a controller when I was 9 playing Halo 3. My dad kept telling me to go one direction when I kept going the other, so I just threw the controller across the room and broke the LB and RB buttons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users