» «
Photo

Stars Wars Episode every Sunday

36 replies to this topic
Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:01 PM Edited by gtavpoliceimprovements, 30 June 2013 - 05:03 PM.

For anyone that likes Star Wars, there is a Episode every Sunday at Five on ITV2

Star Wars Sunday!

http://inagist.com/a...&utm_medium=rss

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

Muslim

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:56 PM Edited by theomenofficial, 30 June 2013 - 06:00 PM.

Watching right now.

Am I only one who thought the first 3 episodes were the first 3 films when I was younger?
After finishing the third episode and going to the fourth film, I was thinking "wtf is this sh*t, why does it have horrible graphics" A few years later, I realised the 3 episodes were a prequel to the new films. Why the f*ck was the fourth film the beginning?

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 17:56)
Watching right now.

Am I only one who thought the first 3 episodes were the first 3 films when I was younger?
After finishing the third episode and going to the fourth film, I was thinking "wtf is this sh*t, why does it have horrible graphics" A few years later, I realised the 3 episodes were a prequel to the new films. Why the f*ck was the fourth film the beginning?

Because it was only supposed to be a trilogy and then later Lucas changed his mind and made the prequels for more money and the first movies were dubbed as IV,V and VI even though they are the original movies.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 30 June 2013 - 06:17 PM

Which is your favourite episode? Mine is Episode IV A New Hope, I love it

darthYENIK
  • darthYENIK

Scuse me, while I kiss this guy.

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 10:13)
Watching right now.

Because it was only supposed to be a trilogy and then later Lucas changed his mind and made the prequels for more money and the first movies were dubbed as IV,V and VI even though they are the original movies.

Nope.

He's said this was going to be 9 movies since about 1980.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:22 PM

Sh*t man, it was even called Episode IV (i.e. somewhere in the middle part of a six part series) as far back as '81. You don't call something number 4 if you don't plan on doing parts one through three at some point.

Really, they're not even "prequels" really, the series was just shot out of sequence.

Also, I'm fairly convinced ITV have been doing this at least once a year for the past three years now. I remember two distinct periods over the past two years where I've used the Star Wars series as part of my Sunday hangover routine.

Flight180Victm
  • Flight180Victm

Give me the power, I beg of you!

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:23 PM

Well this sucks...it must not be in America. I looked it up on my cable guide and i can't find it. And i've been wanting to start this series. I've heard great things and i wanted to give it a shot. I have Time Warner Cable btw.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:05 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 13:56)

Oh sh*t. I was in my 30's when 'episode I - Phantom Menace' came out.

As a kid when you first saw episode IV you didn't even know there was going to be an episode V...and so on. The sh*tting of pants that happened when the world found out Darth Vader was Luke's father was down right insane.

No matter how old anyone is, Star Wars, is a must see. Even if you have to rent every movie in the series (and I hate when people say you should see or listen to something), I reiterate...MUST SEE.

DarrenC1888
  • DarrenC1888

Celtic FC Manchester United Champions!

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

There only is three in my eyes and I refuse to call the originals 456

Ziggy455
  • Ziggy455

I'm the writer.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:23 PM

You might all hate me but I don't mind the prequel trilogy. Okay, it doesn't touch on the original trilogy but it's still watchable to me.

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:45 PM

QUOTE (Ziggy455 @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 13:23)
You might all hate me but I don't mind the prequel trilogy. Okay, it doesn't touch on the original trilogy but it's still watchable to me.

For me, I like the original trilogy, but I like the prequel trilogy just a tiny bit more...

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:41 PM

Ah, love these films. To reiterate what some have said, they're a definite must see. Well worth the time.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

They are defiantly worth watching,

Welcome to the forums btw!

Nopheros
  • Nopheros

Cool, cool cool cool. Pew.

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 02 July 2013 - 03:37 PM

Yay!
I love the phantom of menace, it ages so well.

Said no Star Wars fan ever.

I love the Star Wars movies, episode IV and VI is my favorites, but I have to be the only star wars fan who also likes some of the prequels. I like Episode II and III, Episode I sucks.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 02 July 2013 - 04:32 PM

QUOTE (Elusion123 @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:37)

I love the Star Wars movies, episode IV and VI is my favorites, but I have to be the only star wars fan who also likes some of the prequels. I like Episode II and III, Episode I sucks.

I love all the films!

guib
  • guib

Do you hear the Whisper Men? The Whisper Men Are Near.

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:32)

I love all the films!

As do I!
I love everything, as long if it is in the Star Wars universe.
Hell, I even used to watch Star Wars the Clone wars...

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:15 PM

QUOTE (guib @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 22:04)
QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Tuesday, Jul 2 2013, 16:32)

I love all the films!

As do I!
I love everything, as long if it is in the Star Wars universe.
Hell, I even used to watch Star Wars the Clone wars...

Same here! There brilliant!

JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 02 July 2013 - 09:23 PM

I love all 6 Star Wars films, in fact I'm in a middle of a marathon (On Episode III). My first Star Wars movie was The Phantom Menace, and I still love that one. Even The Clone Wars aren't that bad.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 02 July 2013 - 10:15 PM

Might have a Star Wars Marathon myself now!

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 02 July 2013 - 11:27 PM

QUOTE (gtavpoliceimprovements @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:34)
Welcome to the forums btw!

Thanks. smile.gif

And all this talk of having Star Wars marathons puts me in the mood for one too.

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:37 AM Edited by Chukkles, 03 July 2013 - 12:41 AM.

QUOTE (NikoBellic1993 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 18:13)
Watching right now.

No, it was always episode IV a new hope.

You guys are young.

You can tell people's ages by wether they like the prequels.
The prequels are terrible. Deal with it.

JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

A bit harsh, people can like what they want. Prequels are a part of Star Wars, no one is forcing you to like them. But I hate the Star Wars fans on the internet who say only young people like the prequels and that they are terrible films.

And this is coming from someone who finds the originals better.

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:13 AM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 00:37)
Watching right now.

You guys are young.

How young?

Although I may prefer the original trilogy, I don't consider the prequels terrible as I get a lot of enjoyment watching them. Episode III was my favorite of the prequels as it was quite dark.

Brobinski
  • Brobinski

PYPU

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:10 AM Edited by I So Brink, 03 July 2013 - 09:22 AM.

Personally I think Ep III is the most important out of the films. To me, the series should be a tragedy (and if you take a massive step back to get it all in, it is) but it's never really presented as such except in Ep III. The overarching story of the series is Anakin's: he is burdened with this great responsibility of being "the chosen one" when all he wants to do is be with the woman he loves. Not only do their lives follow paths that mean they "can't" be together because of politics and/or oaths, but he goes on to find out that she's going to die giving birth to his children. He doesn't give a f*ck about his supposed destiny, and embarks on a quest for the only thing that matters any more: keeping the love of his life alive.

He gives up everything else he has worked towards in his life: the Jedi order, protecting the vulnerable and even his best friend and father figure. All to try and save his love. Essentially he sacrifices himself to try and save her. You get the "physical" death of Anakin and the birth of Vader at the very end of Ep III, but it happens metaphorically much earlier in the film. Essentially Anakin kills himself (in the sense that he destroys everything that made him him) in order to save her. Then, not only does it not work, but he's part of the reason she dies. He wakes up, restored, and realises that he's been robbed of everything. His life's work has been destroyed, his wife is dead and the only shred of something that might lead to some semblance of happiness (his children) have been snatched away from him.

Then, after about 18 years of saying "f*ck everything" and becoming the right hand of a vicious dictator because "f*ck it, nothing matters any more", his son turns up and he's hated by him. Now this is where the whole tragedy aspect falls down for me and it's because of how 4-6 were produced first. Vader is essentially a very flat character for the first film and a half of the original trilogy and it's because he has to be. The first film had to be standalone and he was simply the villain there. Once it was clear the franchise had legs, Lucas had room to tell the full story and we find out who Vader is. The problem is, you've already set him up as a villain, so he essentially becomes "Luke's bad dad" up until the last act of Ep VI. For me it just feels a little unearned that Vader has this change of heart at the end and kills of the Emperor for his son etc. What really should have happened (and maybe you could argue it does happen internally) is that Vader realises that his sulking after Ep III has been pointless and, now that he's presented with his son in the form of what he could have been himself, he can fulfil his original destiny of bringing balance to the force by killing the Emperor and letting his son pick up where he left off two decades ago.

It had to happen that way, unless you produced the films in story order. If they had, Vader could have been a much deeper character and actually filled the role of the main character that he should ultimately have because the entire saga is Anakin's story. If the audience already knew Anakin/Vader and everything he'd been through you could have made Vader a lot deeper and more complex. One thing I would have added myself would be an element of hate for Luke at first, a bit like the Twyin/Tyrion relationship in GoT because this boy was what killed his beloved wife. Then you would have his slowly come around to the end conclusion rather than just straight up saying "Dude I've been looking all over the place for you, let's rule the galaxy together, k?" then finally coming round to the good side after being rejected.

But yeah, I think Ep III is the only one where you get the tone that I think the entire saga should have had throughout. The "original" three wouldn't have been as fun and would be less a western-in-space, but I think it'd be interesting. Not necessarily better, but interesting.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 03 July 2013 - 02:59 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 01:37)
Watching right now.

You guys are young.

I am huge Star Wars fan and I am saying that the prequels,are awesome I love every film equally

Chukkles
  • Chukkles

Big Homie

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 10:42 PM

QUOTE (Tacymist @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 07:13)
QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 00:37)
Watching right now.

You guys are young.

How young?

Although I may prefer the original trilogy, I don't consider the prequels terrible as I get a lot of enjoyment watching them. Episode III was my favorite of the prequels as it was quite dark.

I mean when they like the prequels over the originals.

It's like when the originals came out most adults hated ewoks and kids at the time loved them, you can kinda tell what age most people first saw Star Wars by this. (Atleast return of the Jedi)

I'm not saying anybody can't like them, but they are terrible.
Mostly down to Hayden Christensen.

trip
  • trip

~

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 18:42)
It's like when the originals came out most adults hated ewoks and kids at the time loved them, you can kinda tell what age most people first saw Star Wars by this.

Wait! There were even kids who liked ewoks? I thought they were evenly hated by all ages. tounge.gif

I'm a lucky kid that happens to own dvd versions of the originals...before the retouching and changes. There is no Jaba in my copy of A New Hope. I just recently watched all 3 (just ask my AMF brothers and sisters).

Tacymist
  • Tacymist

Onward towards the light

• Andolini Mafia Family
  • United-States

Posted 03 July 2013 - 11:07 PM Edited by Tacymist, 03 July 2013 - 11:09 PM.

QUOTE (Chukkles @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 22:42)
I mean when they like the prequels over the originals.

It's like when the originals came out most adults hated ewoks and kids at the time loved them, you can kinda tell what age most people first saw Star Wars by this. (Atleast return of the Jedi)

I'm not saying anybody can't like them, but they are terrible.
Mostly down to Hayden Christensen.

Ah yes, many of the scenes between Anakin and Padmé were cringe worthy imo. Han and Leia's relationship was handled a lot better. That said I still have a blast watching them, especially the light sabre duels.

JasonAW
  • JasonAW

Smooth Criminal

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 08:31 AM

Saying they are bad is all subjective really, I think they are all entertaining movies. Just fun. Has nothing to do with age.

Ciaran
  • Ciaran

• The Connection
  • Ireland

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:01 PM

So what's your thoughts on VII?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users