Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

PC Specs:

Very new motherboard
PNY Nvidia Geforce GTX660 2gig GDDR5 Ram
8gig DDR3 1600Mz Ram (plugged into MB)
Very new sound card
Intel i5 3.4/4.3 cant remember which biggrin.gif
win 7 64bit
decent cpu/cooler, the card has 1 fan, the case has around 6/7fans, literally its all brand new, for a funky budget of only £600 biggrin.gif ! it isnt overheating, not even close,

Game issue:

I downloaded and did a clean install with GTA IV, i ran the benchmark for highest settings and gained around 50-80fps, which is good enough very smooth, however, when i play the game no matter how im moving around or what it is im actually doing, right from the start on mission 1, the game constantly stutters on average for 1 second every 1/2seconds...changing the graphics hasnt helped, i run it via administrator, i tried running it in win xp also, some command in the command line [[ "C:\Program Files (x86)\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto IV\GTAIV.exe" -memrestrict 1029145600 ]] i was told the last bit would fix it, also making a new text document on desktop renaming it and putting a command line in there to match the one in the shortcut, nothings worked! any ideas? ive checked the forums and havnt found anything usful, i just keep reading other peoples problems...

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
  • GTANet Contribution Award [Newbie Guide]
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 30 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Please tell us exactly where you have downloaded GTA IV from. This would be important to know. Are you using any mods or cracks? Do you play with the original DVD in your Drive? What we could suggest you would be to install the GTA IV Patch 1.0.4.0. In case this doesn't help, try to install the GTA IV Patch 1.0.7.0.

LasherUK
  • LasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Thanks for the reply, well, strange as it is biggrin.gif i didnt buy a cd rom drive for my new pc so i cant use any discs thats the main reason i downloaded, so no disc at all, the website i downloaded i believe is...either! www.isohunt.com or www.1337x.org. and il try the first update you mentioned.

LasherUK
  • LasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:26 PM

i installed the first one, then the game wouldnt load up, i installed the second, and it says it didnt install, it failed, then i click finish, and still cant load the game :S its gotten worse lol

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:46 PM

I'm sorry dude, but we can't help you. Pirated games aren't fixed with usual fixes, plus GTAForums doesn't support piracy discussion. If you want our help, go buy the original GTA IV. Most probably the original game will run without issues.

LasherUK
  • LasherUK

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

have you actually made me download and install something to stop the game from running all together?

miromiro
  • miromiro

Time Killa™

• Zaibatsu
  • None
    Most Improved 2010

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

No man, the idea was to get the game to not stutter. But, apparently, these fixes didn't work, for the exact reason I mentioned above - pirated game. Normal fixes don't work on pirated games, that's why you must buy a new one to get it working.

And let's end this here. We can't help you any further if you have a pirated game. This subject is banned from GTAForums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users