Quantcast

» «
Photo

Collectors and special edition content

4 replies to this topic

Poll: So, do you want them to release the content for everyone or keep it just for those who buy the SE and CE? (29 member(s) have cast votes)

So, do you want them to release the content for everyone or keep it just for those who buy the SE and CE?

1. I will buy the CE/SE and DON'T want them to release the content (8 votes [30.77%])

Percentage of vote: 30.77%

2. I will buy the CE/SE and DO want them to release the content but after some time (please say how long) (7 votes [26.92%])

Percentage of vote: 26.92%

3. I will buy the CE/SE and DO want them to release the content straight away (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

4. I won't buy the CE/SE and DON'T want them to release the content (1 votes [3.85%])

Percentage of vote: 3.85%

5. I won't buy the CE/SE and DO want them to release the content but after some time (please say how long) (3 votes [11.54%])

Percentage of vote: 11.54%

6. I won't buy the CE/SE and DO want them to release the content straight away (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

7. I don''t care (4 votes [15.38%])

Percentage of vote: 15.38%

8. Other (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote
GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:04 AM Edited by GTA 360, 30 June 2013 - 08:06 AM.

Serious pole people, just to see what you all think about this.
Personally I put "I will buy the CE/SE and DON'T want them to release the content" because I feel that if they release the content for everybody to be able to buy it takes some of the value out of the special versions of the game.
If you vote that you want it released after some time please say what you think would be an appropriate time gap (a few months? A year?)

simonp92
  • simonp92

Whodunit?

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

They will.
Because: $$$

Diekoog
  • Diekoog

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:13 AM

Got the Special Edition waiting for me. I say release all SE/CE content after six months or so.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:18 AM

Lol look what one is winning. (when I posted this) People buying the SE/CE with their hard earned money and not wanting anyone else to get it because they think it should be exclusive to them because they are TRUE GTA fans.

Wake up. Rockstar is here to make money not just games. They are not your best friends. They are cool people but they MARKET the game for MONEY.

Think of the digital content from SE/CE as TIMED DLC. You'll have it exclusively for a while then it will be released for everyone else. You honestly think that Rockstar would turn down all that extra money? Sure it won't cost us anywhere what you all paid for it. It will be much cheaper. It's still some extra money coming in. If it were truly exclusive Rockstar would say so but go on an email them and you'll get "we haven't discussed our plans for DLC yet" why do you think that is? They are keeping quiet so the TRUE GTA fans will hand over their money and grab all the copies up. Not as much people would buy it if they knew it was coming later on at a cheaper price. That's how making money works. They'll wait a while before releasing it all as DLC then just say that "exclusive" meant TIMED DLC.

personally, I won't be buying it WHEN Rockstar releases it all. I'll wait for the COMPLETE EDITION which will contain ALL DLC even the stuff from the SE/CE editions.

GTA 360
  • GTA 360

LIVE WITH IT OR DIE FROM IT.

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 08:18)
Lol look what one is winning. (when I posted this) People buying the SE/CE with their hard earned money and not wanting anyone else to get it because they think it should be exclusive to them because they are TRUE GTA fans.

Wake up. Rockstar is here to make money not just games. They are not your best friends. They are cool people but they MARKET the game for MONEY.

Think of the digital content from SE/CE as TIMED DLC. You'll have it exclusively for a while then it will be released for everyone else. You honestly think that Rockstar would turn down all that extra money? Sure it won't cost us anywhere what you all paid for it. It will be much cheaper. It's still some extra money coming in. If it were truly exclusive Rockstar would say so but go on an email them and you'll get "we haven't discussed our plans for DLC yet" why do you think that is? They are keeping quiet so the TRUE GTA fans will hand over their money and grab all the copies up. Not as much people would buy it if they knew it was coming later on at a cheaper price. That's how making money works. They'll wait a while before releasing it all as DLC then just say that "exclusive" meant TIMED DLC.

personally, I won't be buying it WHEN Rockstar releases it all. I'll wait for the COMPLETE EDITION which will contain ALL DLC even the stuff from the SE/CE editions.

Although I understand what you are saying and yes, R* probably will release the content at some point the question is about what you would like them to do, what you think would be the right decision. Not from R*s point of view.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users