Most disappointing games?

118 replies to this topic
LittleBlueTroll
  • LittleBlueTroll

★★★★

• Leone Family Mafia
  • England

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:22 PM

QUOTE (Vextroid @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 14:49)
Hitman Absolution. The linear levels and the disguise system just make it more annoying to play. Makes me sad as I loved Contracts and Blood Money.

The disguise system was naff, i agree there. It was highly unbelievable that people usually saw through your disguise so easily. But then i guess if disguises were fool proof the game would be easy mode, but i felt there could of been a better balance.
But on the second point, linear is not a word i would of associated with Absolution, like, at all. I thought there was a tonne of ways to get through each level. When i watch a play through a lot of people end up with different methods to complete the hit. But opinions vary.

I want to add Forza Horizon to my list, purely because my favorite car which was in Forza 4 was taken out, and then sold in a DLC pack for Horizon. DO NOT LIKE.

GrandTheftNine
  • GrandTheftNine

Sit down and Relax, you'll feel better!

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:24 AM Edited by RedHolden, 06 July 2013 - 05:30 AM.

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 14:06)
QUOTE (RedHolden @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 04:01)
Ok. So before i bought watch dogs I was watching some gameplay of it on youtube. I thought it looked great and the detail was impressive.

My birthday was not that far away. That gameplay video made me want to get the game itself. So i got it on my birthday. And played the first few missions and saying this is a great game. But now 5/7/2013 I've lost all hype for it.

Boring, No multiplayer, And SH*T cars.

The protag is ok but the story is boring after the first few missions.

It was $45 when i bought it. Now it's $22. I feel like such a fool for buying it right away without reading any reviews. Now if I go to trade the game in at EB's (Australian Gamestop) I won't get much money back. I'll prob only get $15 or $10.

Watch Dogs? sorry, what?

My mistake. I was half asleep at the time of typing that post. ( ment to say sleeping dogs) But i have a feeling Watch Dogs will end up being a boring game after the first few missions or stuff.

But then again I had 2 choices and this was before the driving gameplay of Watch Dogs was released.

I was able to pre-order WD or GTA V ( I only had enough money for one game to pre-order $120) And both pre-orders were at the same price. But i've been playing GTA for a long time and well... The whole new Big feeling, 3 protags, Big map, etc got me hyped up about it. So i placed a order for GTA V SE.

At least i know my money is going towards a awesome game and not one thats going to end up being boring in under 2 hours of playing it.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:23 AM

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is so far one of the most overrated games I've ever played. 96% on Metacritic? Seriously? That's f*cking higher than Tomb Raider which has 87%... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:00 AM

QUOTE (Zancudo @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 10:23)
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves is so far one of the most overrated games I've ever played. 96% on Metacritic? Seriously? That's f*cking higher than Tomb Raider which has 87%... I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Have you even played it?
It's the only game other than The Last of Us which deserves Game of the Generation.
The sights and sounds were breathtaking and the voice acting was top notch.
Tomb Raider is sh*t so I don't know what you're talking about.
Uncharted 2 is the only game that I've beaten 10 times.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:44 AM

Yes, I have played it. The cliched, cartoon-ish storyline involing a "dark man who wants to take control of a secret of Shambala" didn't impress me a bit. Some of the dialogs and cut-scenes were nice, but plenty of them were based on these poor, Uncharted trademark jokes that given a rather bad taste to it all. The soundtrack was fine, even great sometimes, but I've heard better things. Voice-acting was top-notch, I agree, but again - I've heard better voices in other games. Animations - horrible! Nate looked like he was skating on the ground as if it was made of ice. The climbing resembled more of Sly Cooper than 'naturalness'. The enemies getting shot in the arm or a leg couldn't even blink. Killing them takes sometimes a couple of magazines - getting a headshot is stupidly hard to achieve; not to mention that a pistol seems even more powerful than a rifle gun. Cover system is screwed up and it takes a lot of nerves to switch through different covers. I guess the game would gain much more if there was more exploration, much less of killing and action. More puzzles, secrets and interesting places to visit. More stealth missions, less 'boom actions'. A more mature storyline. Then, maybe, I would like it more. But so far I'm considering it if it's even worth playing Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

The American Dream

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 05:38)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:02)
QUOTE (BullyIstheBestRockstarGame @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 01:41)
QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:37)
QUOTE (BullyIstheBestRockstarGame @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:33)
Saints row the third
Scarface the world is yours
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

Okay, seriously. RDR???????? dontgetit.gif

yep it was a good game sure but fanboys go on like its the greatest game ever made which its not Bully Max Payne 3 La Noire The Warriors> rdr in my eyes

What he said. I hate that people made a religion out of good game (just good and nothing more), which is worse than GTA, Midnight Club and Bully.

You know, guys, this is like .. your own opinions, yeah?
RDR is the best game out there.

As much as I love RDR I respect people who don't. Lets be honest while it's a great game Westerns are not for everyone.

RDR gets enough praise so it's interesting to see an opposing view.

DrDucky
  • DrDucky

3 days left!

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 12:14 PM

GT5 because about half of the cars are f*cking Japanese & they make like 10-20 versions of that 1 car. I hate the community because it's got a bunch of GTP fa**ots. Standard cars... really bro? There's nothing to do but race by yourself imo.

SR3 because just look at it. There's no f*cking story or anything, yeah it's fun but it's not good. It's glitchy as f*ck.

All Bioshock games because they're SO f*ckING BORING. I haven't brought myself to finish any of them.

The Walking Dead because it's basically just a book that you make choices in.

Midnight Club LA because it's basically like driving in the Saints Row series. Not enough cars. Crappy interiors. DLC cars when you only have like 20 cars? Yeah ok. The free roam was sh*t, you'd get a notification every time some dickhead suggested a race, & you couldn't close it like in SP. The races were repetitive as hell. The only things I liked about it was the customization, soundtrack, & environment.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 05:48 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 01:04)
QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 05:38)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:02)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

yep it was a good game sure but fanboys go on like its the greatest game ever made which its not Bully Max Payne 3 La Noire The Warriors> rdr in my eyes

What he said. I hate that people made a religion out of good game (just good and nothing more), which is worse than GTA, Midnight Club and Bully.

You know, guys, this is like .. your own opinions, yeah?
RDR is the best game out there.

As much as I love RDR I respect people who don't. Lets be honest while it's a great game Westerns are not for everyone.

RDR gets enough praise so it's interesting to see an opposing view.

He even said it was a good game, just not one of the greatest games ever.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:43 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 13:59)
QUOTE (ainsz @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:38)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 11:51)
Who says a game is disappointing for regenerating "health?"

Personally, I hate re-gen health. It's much too easy to exploit and overall, boring. Though I still loved RDR despite this.

But it's such a minor feature, it's a pretty silly reason to say a game is disappointing because of that.

Health regen made gunfights boring so that's why it was disappointing. If they only made it regen when out of combat it would be better.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 19:43)

Personally, I hate re-gen health. It's much too easy to exploit and overall, boring. Though I still loved RDR despite this.

But it's such a minor feature, it's a pretty silly reason to say a game is disappointing because of that.

Health regen made gunfights boring so that's why it was disappointing. If they only made it regen when out of combat it would be better.

There's a mode called Hardcore. I can't believe people these days.

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:49 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 21:40)

You know he was only referring to the health regeneration right? The hardcore mode will not only stop health regen but also make other things difficult which he doesn't want.

nigelhere9901
  • nigelhere9901

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 06 July 2013 - 09:52 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:13)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 19:02)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

I can't believe you just said that GTA, Midnight Club and Bully are better than Red Dead Redemption. suicidal.gif

They are.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:26 PM

QUOTE (nigelhere9901 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 22:52)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

I can't believe you just said that GTA, Midnight Club and Bully are better than Red Dead Redemption. suicidal.gif

They are.

On Topic: Duke Nukem Forever disappointed me after such a long wait.

@nigelhere9901 In your opinion.

For me, RDR outshines them all.
Comparing RDR to a racing game. suicidal.gif
RDR has a better story than every GTA, IMO.
Bully, while amazing, does not beat RDR.
Just listen to this amazing song from RDR and say that, you stupid troll:

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:52 PM

Yeah RDR is far superior to all the GTAs so far, it sh*ts on Vice City's story and sh*ts on San Andreas' gameplay. And the Wild West setting sh*ts on all the GTA cities.

BullyIstheBestRockstarGame
  • BullyIstheBestRockstarGame

Tony Prince is a Gay God

• BUSTED!

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:29 PM

QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 22:26)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

They are.

well i don't see that i thought the story was quite boring maybe its cause ive always disliked western films i just don't think it was one of rockstars best stories its not nearly as good or as engrossing as Mp3 or Gta Iv IMO i still think its a good game and a visually beautiful looking game its just not my cup of tea.

redx165
  • redx165

Making the GTA fanboys dance

• BUSTED!
  • None

Posted 06 July 2013 - 11:58 PM

QUOTE (BullyIstheBestRockstarGame @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 23:29)
QUOTE (theomenofficial @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 22:26)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

They are.

well i don't see that i thought the story was quite boring maybe its cause ive always disliked western films i just don't think it was one of rockstars best stories its not nearly as good or as engrossing as Mp3 or Gta Iv IMO i still think its a good game and a visually beautiful looking game its just not my cup of tea.

GTA IV had a good story but MP3 was just another kidnap story you see in movies. Kinda like TAKEN. Honestly MP3 was the worst Rockstar DEVELOPED game this gen. It was way too linear and should of at least let you play how you want. Sorta like The Last of Us.

assmillk
  • assmillk

Homie

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

SR3, AC:brotherhood, AC3
Forza:Horizon
most of the CoD's

Mista J
  • Mista J

I can't wait to show you my toys...

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:45 AM

How can you be disappointed in CoD? You should know what to expect by now. tounge2.gif

junkpile
  • junkpile

Liberty City, it's over! Next Stop. Los Santos.

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:18 AM

QUOTE (Tycek @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 19:41)
Gran Turismo 5: Yamauchi made a statements about the greatness of the game, showed us screens, but in fact he made only 25% percent of his dream, so he had to filled the rest with rotten contents.

I got GT5 Prologue with my first PS and quite liked it. When I sold my fat lady to get a slim one, the main game GT5 came with it.
I was a bit disappointed about the music. Somehow it didn't live to expectations. The music in Prologue was better imo.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:25 AM

QUOTE (assmillk @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 10:09)
AC:brotherhood

Care to elaborate? Brotherhood is a fantastic game.

AceRay
  • AceRay

In my restless dreams, I see that town...

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:25)

Well, for one the map wasn't that great. There was too much open space. Not to mention that after a masterpiece like ACII, BH was more of the same and I guess people were expecting a little more.

Pyrrhic
  • Pyrrhic

you will never be one of us

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 07 July 2013 - 09:49 AM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 18:25)

I personally don't like any of the Assassin's Creed games. They all just feel the same. Jump on a building here. Jump on a building there. No fun anywhere.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

In the beginning there was Jack

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 07 July 2013 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 00:52)
Yeah RDR is far superior to all the GTAs so far, it sh*ts on Vice City's story and sh*ts on San Andreas' gameplay. And the Wild West setting sh*ts on all the GTA cities.

2/10. Poor.

Scaglietti
  • Scaglietti

Italia

• Facade Corporation
  • Italy

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:38 PM

QUOTE (Erebos @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 17:52)

rolleyes.gif Have you been drinking again?

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 05:47 PM

QUOTE (Futurama_Freak1 @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 03:22)
Grand Theft Auto IV and Saints Row The Third.

So much hype, so little redeeming features.

Took words straight out of my mouth. Gta iv approach on realism is what really made me lose interest in Gtaiv. I mean they cut everything that made gta, well gta. Saints row was also a disappoinment. Lack of seriousness, lack of guns, stupid activities. I am not suprised, if they make a horrible sequel.

Ermac
  • Ermac

this feels ironic

• The Yakuza
  • None
  • April Fools Winner 2015

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE (lucid121 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 17:47)
I mean they cut everything that made gta, well gta.

How? You can still carjack people, shoot people, bang hookers and take your money back, launch RPGs into crowds of people, etc. GTA IV is pretty much exactly the same in terms of content as GTA III except nearly everything is improved and/or refined. What it lacks is the amount of side content SA had, and even that isn't enough to say that it isn't GTA in my humble opinion.

OT: SR3 was disappointing for me as well. Picked up 2 copies for me and a friend hoping that the co-op would be worthy enough to warrant one or two full playthroughs, but it was all for naught. We both lost interest at around 70% and haven't finished since.
The main reasons being:
-That you can't go anywhere within the middle island (iirc) without being harassed by STAG
-The bridges between the islands remain raised for the rest of the game
-Constant glitches and bugs (too many to list)
-OP protagonists (this was partially my fault, if I had known there was no way to downgrade your character I wouldn't have purchased the invulnerability upgrades
-Annoying and/or boring side missions (Guardian Angel and Tron Trailblazing respectively)

That's not to say we didn't have fun while playing it. It did have its moments, but the overall experience was pretty dull and lackluster, which is surprising given the amount of content that was in it.

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:17 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Saturday, Jul 6 2013, 21:40)

I'm pretty sure that's only in the GOTY edition or something. It's not in the original version. And hardcore still has health regen.

lucid121
  • lucid121

Street Cat

• Members

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

QUOTE (mr6plow9 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 21:10)
QUOTE (lucid121 @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 17:47)
I mean they cut everything that made gta, well gta.

How? You can still carjack people, shoot people, bang hookers and take your money back, launch RPGs into crowds of people, etc. GTA IV is pretty much exactly the same in terms of content as GTA III except nearly everything is improved and/or refined. What it lacks is the amount of side content SA had, and even that isn't enough to say that it isn't GTA in my humble opinion.

OT: SR3 was disappointing for me as well. Picked up 2 copies for me and a friend hoping that the co-op would be worthy enough to warrant one or two full playthroughs, but it was all for naught. We both lost interest at around 70% and haven't finished since.
The main reasons being:
-That you can't go anywhere within the middle island (iirc) without being harassed by STAG
-The bridges between the islands remain raised for the rest of the game
-Constant glitches and bugs (too many to list)
-OP protagonists (this was partially my fault, if I had known there was no way to downgrade your character I wouldn't have purchased the invulnerability upgrades
-Annoying and/or boring side missions (Guardian Angel and Tron Trailblazing respectively)

That's not to say we didn't have fun while playing it. It did have its moments, but the overall experience was pretty dull and lackluster, which is surprising given the amount of content that was in it.

Tanks, properties, crazy side missions, properties, car control and flame thrower. I exagerrated a little, but it was disappoinment. Not saying that it was a bad game, it just didn't live up to its name.

El Diablo
  • El Diablo

"The Devil" ™

• Leone Family Mafia
  • Mars
  • April Fools Loser 2015

Posted 09 July 2013 - 03:24 AM

I usually don't post in topics like these.
not because I don't like these topics but because I don't usually complain about bad games. I just quietly throw em' away.

I'm making an exception for Metro 2033 tounge2.gif
and only because Metro Last Light was so good. I played Last Light before playing 2033, and it was so excellent that I really had to go back and try 2033. at least for the story.

but it's horrible.
where can you start?

first of all you can't see anything. brightness levels are totally screwed.
everything is black. playing 2033 feels like playing a game where the objective is to find off-black dots in a field of large, jagged, black shapes. it's almost impossible to see anyone or anything that isn't under a direct light source regardless of how many other lights are in the area or the reflective properties of any surface. unless an enemy sticks his head above the horizon-line of a light source, you'll hardly see them until they're upon you or shooting.

I even tried turning the gamma all the way up and it only made the black shapes blacker while turning regular lamps into the surface of the sun...

you've got a flashlight but once you turn it on, everyone and their mother can see you and will start shooting.
so you've also got night vision goggles, but wearing them for too long makes everything dark green and hurts/bothers your eyes. plus the goggles will distort the brightness of smoke effects when firing a weapon that isn't suppressed which makes it almost impossible to see after the first shot. the goggles also do not work with any weapons that have a scope or optical sight because they distort brightness coming through the lens.

but enemies can see you no problem. of course.
stealth is almost impossible to maintain in 2033 compared to Last Light. once any enemy in the level is alerted (which can happen despite the use of silenced weapons and no other shots being fired), almost everyone else in the level is also alerted. and in alert-mode they will be able to spot you in almost any lighting condition.

also the shotgun doesn't kill people even when you fire point-blank at their head.
I don't care about challenging enemies but this is just pure bullsh*t. the guy wasn't even wearing a helmet.

I can't even finish this game. to hell with the story.
Metro 2033 is bad. huge disappointment.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users