Photo

Most disappointing games?

118 replies to this topic
M4 carbine
  • M4 carbine

Nope.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

I thought that Hitman:Absolution was a dissapointment.The first three games were awesome, the forth one was okay, thorugh i hated the fact that most of the missions took place only in United States (no offense Americans).
That's what I hate about Absolution,most of the the levels where pretty lame and the storyline was pretty weak.
Also, I love the first three because how different and original were the locations.
Also, 47 isn't that cold-blooded guy that kills only for money, they tried to give him personality but failed.

Also they didn't hire Jesper Kyd to compose an awesome soundtrack for the game.

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 03:15 PM Edited by MasterO, 04 July 2013 - 03:18 PM.

Fallout 3.

Being a fan of the previous Fallout games, I was a bit apprehensive of Bethesda making one, but I gave them a chance since I was so desperate for a new Fallout.

Oh boy. A map that was like a post apocalyptic theme park with no sense of decent world building. The plot that was like a car crash of Fallout 1 and 2 with none of the wit of them and making the Super Mutants like an enemy from The Elder Scrolls. And that annoying arse on the radio verbally fellating me constantly. That AWOOOOOOOOO got annoying the second time.

Thankfully Obsidian did a better job with New Vegas, maybe not as good in terms of writing as 1 or 2, but definitely a step up from 3, with endings which change based on more than "press dis or dat button".

But Bethesda is doing Fallout 4 so I guess that's that. suicidal.gif

Monty Mantis
  • Monty Mantis

Resident F*ckin' Professional

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:22 PM

Bioshock Infinite.

Everyone talks about how that game is so amazing and I just hate it. The story is wonderful, Elizabeth is awesome and the end is excellent. But the gameplay was just so f*cking boring, not to mention how unbelievably linear it was. The 2012 footage (can't remember from where) made me believe that the levels were so open and vertical, and you could avoid conflict all together in some place. Sometimes the enemies would call zeppelins if you didn't stop them! And they'd shoot at you from roofs and follow you on skyrails!

But no. Literally everything in that footage was scrapped and the levels never came close to being open and the skyrails were such a gimmick. I wish I'd just watched someone play it.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:39 PM

Borderlands.

One of the most... no. THE most boring game I've ever played. Rave reviews all over the place... why?...

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 22:22)
Bioshock Infinite.

Everyone talks about how that game is so amazing and I just hate it. The story is wonderful, Elizabeth is awesome and the end is excellent. But the gameplay was just so f*cking boring, not to mention how unbelievably linear it was. The 2012 footage (can't remember from where) made me believe that the levels were so open and vertical, and you could avoid conflict all together in some place. Sometimes the enemies would call zeppelins if you didn't stop them! And they'd shoot at you from roofs and follow you on skyrails!

But no. Literally everything in that footage was scrapped and the levels never came close to being open and the skyrails were such a gimmick. I wish I'd just watched someone play it.

I couldn't agree more.

ILIKEFIREPLACES
  • ILIKEFIREPLACES

If the crown ain't mine tell me who am I behind.

• Angels of Death MC
  • None

Posted 04 July 2013 - 10:46 PM

Bioshock 2 - It had hardly any of the magic of the first game and just felt like a sequel for the sake of having a sequel and don't even mention the pointless tacked on multiplayer..

Max Payne 3 - Admittedly my fault.. I just envisioned the multiplayer and the Social club crews aspect to play a bigger and better part. The single player was good though smile.gif

Kurropt Antagonist
  • Kurropt Antagonist

Hustler

• Members

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

I'm reaching back a bit but…

Batman: Arkham City. The game was really meant for cramped, enclosed places, which is why Arkham Asylum was such a f*ckwin game. In AC you were too exposed and the enemies kept respawning every time you turned a corner. I did, however, greatly enjoy the Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC since it went back to that style.

Red Dead Redemption. I loves me some GTA gameplay in a different environment (see: Bully), but RDR should have been more than it was. If there had a been more of a survivalist aspect ala Fallout New Vegas (needing to eat, make camp, crafting, etc), I'd probably have enjoyed this more than I did.

BullyIstheBestRockstarGame
  • BullyIstheBestRockstarGame

Tony Prince is a Gay God

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:33 PM

Saints row the third
Scarface the world is yours
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

GTAVwillbeEPIC
  • GTAVwillbeEPIC

Punk-ass Bitch

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (BullyIstheBestRockstarGame @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:33)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

Okay, seriously. RDR???????? dontgetit.gif

BullyIstheBestRockstarGame
  • BullyIstheBestRockstarGame

Tony Prince is a Gay God

• BUSTED!

Posted 04 July 2013 - 11:41 PM

QUOTE (GTAVwillbeEPIC @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 23:37)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

yep it was a good game sure but fanboys go on like its the greatest game ever made which its not Bully Max Payne 3 La Noire The Warriors> rdr in my eyes

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:38 AM

Red Dead Redemption - Health regen and bad multiplayer killed it for me
Battlefield 3 - Expected a sequel to Battlefield 2 not some Bad Comapany/Call of Duty hybrid
Saints Row The Third - I loved their new direction but I didn't think this meant they would cut half the game for DLC and a short as f*ck story suicidal.gif
Sleeping Dogs - Story was way too short for a single player only game and didn't even have much to do after the story

RedHolden
  • RedHolden

Playing GTA Since 2001

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:01 AM Edited by RedHolden, 06 July 2013 - 05:25 AM.

Ok. So before i bought sleeping dogs I was watching some gameplay of it on youtube. I thought it looked great and the detail was impressive.

My birthday was not that far away. That gameplay video made me want to get the game itself. So i got it on my birthday. And played the first few missions and saying this is a great game. But now 5/7/2013 I've lost all hype for it.

Boring, No multiplayer, And SH*T cars.

The protag is ok but the story is boring after the first few missions.

It was $45 when i bought it. Now it's $22. I feel like such a fool for buying it right away without reading any reviews. Now if I go to trade the game in at EB's (Australian Gamestop) I won't get much money back. I'll prob only get $15 or $10.

Saints row 3 is another one. Yer i like some of the new stuff like Brutes and stuff. But the game still has that glitchy feeling to it. There are annoying bugs and glitches. and there is no patches to fix it. I hardly play it and i'll only play it when i'm bored and just need something to keep me busy in the mean time.

LittleBigPlanet Karting (PS3 Exclusive) This game looks amazing and thats why i bought it. The teaser videos make you go and buy the game.

I got the game for Xmas last year and i feel pretty let down. Create mode sucks, Hardly any news updates, Hard to find community members to race with. (I'm always playing with the computers)

I try to adjust myself to play the game and to keep playing it. But I don't have that feeling anymore.

There was a BETA for it and I was invited to BETA TEST it. (It seems to me the Beta is better than the full game)

Theres my rant or what ever you want to call it.

SweatyPa1ms
  • SweatyPa1ms

Flesh vehicle

• Members
  • None

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:01 AM

LA Noire.

Open world game for the sake of being open world. They should have made it linear and concentrated on other things like mission diversity and good all round mechanics like the modern Rockstar games we're used to.

MasterO
  • MasterO

Nanomachines son.

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:02 AM

QUOTE (Monty Mantis @ Thursday, Jul 4 2013, 22:22)
Bioshock Infinite.

I'll agree with this too.

Bioshock 1 was great, 2 was ok, but I didn't get the love for this.

Completely dumbed down.

Zancudo
  • Zancudo

Soldier

• BUSTED!
  • Poland

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:43 AM

QUOTE (gpcguy1 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 02:38)
Red Dead Redemption - Health regen and bad multiplayer killed it for me

mercie_blink.gif

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

I have moved to a new account.

• BUSTED!
  • India
  • Best Contributor [Gaming] 2012

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:51 AM

Who says a game is disappointing for regenerating "health?"

ll rdny ll
  • ll rdny ll

Master of the Bitchfit

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:59 AM

I've got a big list, but to keep it simple and sweet, i'll just name a few console games, as including Indie/Arcade/PC games would fill up and crash the internet.

Assassin's Creed III
Dishonored
Final Fantasy XIII
Dragon's Dogma
God of War
Uncharted
Dragon Ball Z: Ultimate Tenkaichi
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Tony Hawk's Proving Ground (and every subsequent release)
Halo Reach
Dead Island
Left 4 Dead (and L4D2)
Final Fantasy Tactics (Refused to play any others after the first)
Just Cause 2

I'm going to wrap it up here.

ainsz
  • ainsz

Senor Dickhead

• Members
  • England

Posted 05 July 2013 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (AceKingston @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 11:51)

Personally, I hate re-gen health. It's much too easy to exploit and overall, boring. Though I still loved RDR despite this.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (ainsz @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 17:38)
QUOTE (AceKingston @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 11:51)

Personally, I hate re-gen health. It's much too easy to exploit and overall, boring. Though I still loved RDR despite this.

But it's such a minor feature, it's a pretty silly reason to say a game is disappointing because of that.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (RedHolden @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 04:01)
Ok. So before i bought watch dogs I was watching some gameplay of it on youtube. I thought it looked great and the detail was impressive.

My birthday was not that far away. That gameplay video made me want to get the game itself. So i got it on my birthday. And played the first few missions and saying this is a great game. But now 5/7/2013 I've lost all hype for it.

It was $45 when i bought it. Now it's $22. I feel like such a fool for buying it right away without reading any reviews. Now if I go to trade the game in at EB's (Australian Gamestop) I won't get much money back. I'll prob only get $15 or $10.

Watch Dogs? sorry, what?

Corndog93
  • Corndog93

Boss

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:06 PM

Tell Tales The Walking Dead, yeah I said it, run at me.

Vercetti42
  • Vercetti42

• BUSTED!
  • India

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:21 PM Edited by AceKingston, 05 July 2013 - 02:23 PM.

QUOTE (billy james @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 19:36)
Tell Tales The Walking Dead, yeah I said it, run at me.

I didn't think it was a GOTY material game either.

QUOTE (josephene123 @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 19:36)
QUOTE (RedHolden @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 04:01)
Ok. So before i bought watch dogs I was watching some gameplay of it on youtube. I thought it looked great and the detail was impressive.

Watch Dogs? sorry, what?aa

I think he mean't Sleeping Dogs.

Vextroid
  • Vextroid

F,F,D,U -> (D+BLK+LP+LK)

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 02:49 PM

Hitman Absolution. The linear levels and the disguise system just make it more annoying to play. Makes me sad as I loved Contracts and Blood Money.

Danz.
  • Danz.

• Members
  • NATO

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:27 PM

I was super hyped when I bought True Crime Streets of LA back in 2006 for my PS2 thinking that it was a game like GTA, but when I finally got my hands in the game I had a huge disappointment.

What a mediocre game...

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:40 PM

QUOTE (Danz. @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 16:27)
I was super hyped when I bought True Crime Streets of LA back in 2006 for my PS2 thinking that it was a game like GTA, but when I finally got my hands in the game I had a huge disappointment.

What a mediocre game...

Haha I agree. Me and brother way back when, wanted that game more than anything.. When we got it. Well, you can figure the rest.

Street Mix
  • Street Mix

Boss

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:02 PM

QUOTE (BullyIstheBestRockstarGame @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 01:41)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

yep it was a good game sure but fanboys go on like its the greatest game ever made which its not Bully Max Payne 3 La Noire The Warriors> rdr in my eyes

What he said. I hate that people made a religion out of good game (just good and nothing more), which is worse than GTA, Midnight Club and Bully.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:13 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 19:02)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

What he said. I hate that people made a religion out of good game (just good and nothing more), which is worse than GTA, Midnight Club and Bully.

I can't believe you just said that GTA, Midnight Club and Bully are better than Red Dead Redemption. suicidal.gif

Mr. Sleepy
  • Mr. Sleepy

Infamous

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 06:38 PM

QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:02)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

You know, guys, this is like .. your own opinions, yeah?
RDR is the best game out there.

josephene123
  • josephene123

No

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (Sleepy187. @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:38)
QUOTE (Street Mix @ Friday, Jul 5 2013, 18:02)
Saints row the third
Sleeping dogs
True Crime Nyc
Red Dead Redemption
to name a few

You know, guys, this is like .. your own opinions, yeah?
RDR is the best game out there.

Don't know many others would agree that Midnight Club was better than RDR mercie_blink.gif

Yeah RDR is one of the best/ the best game I've ever played. I wish I could play that for the first time again...

Řåvęń
  • Řåvęń

u don goof'd

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:10 PM

The Walking dead: 400 days DLC disappointed me, the story didn't build characters and was short.

Although I liked the original.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users