Hodgey.
  • Hodgey.

GTA III, VC, SA, LCS, VCS, IV, TLAD, TBoGT and V all 100%

• Members
  • England
  • Best Avatar 2012
    Winner of Euro 2012 Prediction League

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

Thats why i love GTA VC, i have never known this. I knew the game has large influences from 80 movies and TV shows but didnt realise that suit was also inspired by a tv show.

The_Real_Deal
  • The_Real_Deal

Hoosier Daddy

• Members

Posted 25 August 2013 - 10:40 AM

That does appear to be Tubbs' suit. I never did care for the 'Mr. Vercetti' suit, it looked to much like Tommy running around in pajamas to me. Especially with the little slipper shoes he's wearing. Most of the time I just had him wear the basic suit, or one the the track suits. The golf outfit with plaid pants from Jock Sport was also a favorite.

Zikomos
  • Zikomos

Wanted

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 25 August 2013 - 08:05 PM

QUOTE (Markwey @ Sunday, Jul 7 2013, 08:57)
As for the Stinger/Daytona, there is also the same thing about Cheetah being inspired by Crockett's Ferrari Testarossa that he drives starting from Season 3 (after the Daytona got blown up)

Yep - glad that atleast the Cheetah is in the "right" Miami Vice colours in VC, as white.

I have a white VCPD Cheetah parked in Tommy's mansion, and I think that the VCPD version is the "real" Testarossa, 'cause after all,
the only way you can get it with a three star wanted level, when being pursued by officers "Cracker" and "Butts" ( HAH) as homage
to Miami Vice's Crockett and Tubbs.

And as a little trivia with the VCPD Cheetah, I don't know if it has any connection whatsoever (just a funny
little coincidence), but
when you get the VCPD Cheetah after you having a three star wanted level, in Miami Vice
the Testarossa became Crockett's car from season three onwards . tounge.gif

And ain't it a funny (coincidence ?), when in Miami Vice Crockett's Daytona Spyder is being blown with a Stinger missile. tounge2.gif

Great post!
  • markwey likes this

thecommand07
  • thecommand07

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:18 AM

QUOTE (Arsen Vitiuk @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 07:30)
It's the Squalo!

user posted image

And here's the artwork inspired by this shot:

user posted image

I didn't think that this was also from Miami Vice!

BTW, does anybody know what boat is the Squalo modelled after (I mean, the model of the real-life boat)?

It's the Squalo!

user posted image

user posted image

BTW, does anybody know what boat is the Squalo modelled after (I mean, the model of the real-life boat)?

It's the Squalo!

user posted image

user posted image

It's Scarab.. Not the Stinger pal! Check the rear engine part.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
Crockett's SCARAB

MrMateczko
  • MrMateczko

Gangsta

• Members
  • Poland

Posted 28 August 2013 - 11:40 AM

I think the beta name for Squalo was Scarab!

markusizr
  • markusizr

:D

• Members

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:04 PM

i dont think its Violator from VCS 

MrBound
  • MrBound

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:12 PM

Very interesting ricardo tubs suit hahaha 

Baramos
  • Baramos

Snitch

• Members

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:16 AM

Well my respect for rockstar has somewhat taken a nose dive. You mean to tell me they can't come up with original ideas so they just steal ideas from everyone else ? Why haven't they been sued and sh*t ? I'm being serious how can they just blatantly steal other peoples ideas that's f*cked up .

Did these guys use any imagination when making this game ? They have such a great outlet and their not using it right. It's sad

I mean we like to sh*t on saints row because their ideas and imagination is childlike but at the end of the day that's still their ideas. Their coming up with that stuff themselves. Sure a lot of the stuff they do is dumb but how can you sh*t on them when their making this game from their imagination and using creativity ? When rockstar clearly aren't. ?

I'm just saying doesn't it make you a little sad ? When I played this game as a kid I thought rockstar were gods. I honestly thought they created this whole universe from their minds. I know it was heavily influenced by Miami in the 80's and scarface but I didn't know how deep it went. I thought the idea was to take a real life setting, put you're own creative spin on it, while kinda mocking it as you go along. It seems they've taken everything from real life and put it in the game. I thought they came up with a lot of it by themselves confused.gif

What's the fun in copying a suit in real life ? Why not create one yourself from you're own mind you know ? This makes me worry about v even more pop culture isn't fun right now. If they copy everything from real life this sh*t could get boring in a hurry

It's fun to see it referenced as an easter egg. 95% of the game is still original (dialogue, characters, plot), so I don't know what you are complaining about. These were just stylistic choices made as an homage to Scarface and Miami Vice.

• Spadge007 likes this

sseebbyy
  • sseebbyy

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 16 March 2014 - 09:28 PM

Check the movie Carlito's Way (or somehing like that)

It is about our favourite lawyer, Ken Rosenberg. ;p

R* inspired from that movie too.

Here is a topic about aprox the same subject:

http://forum.vicecit...hp?topic=6339.0

And here is a nice artwork that I copy/pasted from the movie Scarface:

srer.png

mehdiboumour
  • mehdiboumour

Boumour

• Members
  • Morocco

Posted 06 June 2014 - 01:33 AM

Hey guys, the beta squalo is the same boat of miami vice :

viceboat3001002.jpg

vc-119.jpg

vc-111.jpg

• Blingy likes this

HazzardX
  • HazzardX

Special Agent Big Smoke.

• Members
  • Romania

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:49 PM

And Sharks are inspired by the gangsters from Michael Jackson's "Beat It" music video....

Basically...R* games took the most memorable stuff from the 80s and combined them into a great game

• Blingy likes this

Spadge007
  • Spadge007

Low-rider

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 09 June 2014 - 12:53 AM

There so much references to Miami Vice, also through dialogue, no copy/paste but some allusions, always makes me smile.

I watched Miami Vice regulary 30 years ago, and figuring out that Philip Michael Thomas, the guy who voiced Tubbs in the series was also voicing Lance suprised me a lot !

A lot of liitle gems to find in the game ... if you have the pop-culture references.

markwey
  • markwey

Cool Cat

• Members
  • Unknown

Posted 13 July 2014 - 09:22 AM Edited by markwey, 13 July 2014 - 09:22 AM.

To bring up more comparison and influences from Miami Vice to this topic:

316px-Miami_Vice-Vice_City_comparison.jp

(upper) A screen capture from Miami Vice's second season episode "Bought and Paid For" (1985)

and (lower) from the introduction of Vice City.

clement_attlee
  • clement_attlee

Strawberry thug

• Members
  • Christmas-Island

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:32 AM

So what they were inspired by some 80's show? Still a great game

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users