Quantcast

» «
Photo

An extremely disturbing mission in GTA V?

112 replies to this topic
DetectDefective
  • DetectDefective

Seņor dickhead!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:01 AM

I was talking to a friend earlier about the GTA series. Out of the blue, I remembered a mission that stuck out to me throughout the whole series:

GTA 2's "Hot Dog Homicide". For those who have never seen or completed this mission (or played GTA 2 for that matter), the objective was to steal a Bus, then find a bus stop and fill up on civilians. After that, you had to deliver it to a garage, and then oversee the process, climbing up to the top of the plant. The gang members cart the naked passengers onto a conveyor belt and send them into the factory, complete with screams, while some actually try to escape and get cut down by the gang.

After that? Take the freshly filled hot dog van to the gang's diner, and you're quite a few bucks richer for it.

Despite all the other missions I've done, all the folks I've killed in them, this one left me a bit chilled. Rounding up civilians for that was just f*cked up. Hell, it was even censored in the PS1 version, with the mission title changed (R. S. L. Bows!), and the parameters altered (you had to steal a rival gang vehicle and pick up rival gang members instead, not that it's much better. tounge.gif ). Sure, it was just a 2D top-down game, but that's some crazy sh*t. I don't remember any mission that messed up in the 3D era of GTA's (if you've got another mission as an example, or one you thought was just screwed up, name it).

I'm curious if we'd actually see a mission as disturbing (if not more) as the above mission in GTA V, considering some folks seem to think nothing's above Trevor. I've got nothing (I think Trevor's a bit messed up, but I don't think he's that reprehensible), but I'd like to hear others out on this. Keep in mind, this GTA era may be more grounded in reality, but that doesn't mean it can't get as dark as that.

(Also, sorry to have spoken more about a past GTA than GTA V in here, but I wanted to have a clear example.)

Cutter De Blanc
  • Cutter De Blanc

Cheat Activated

• Members
  • Mars

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:23 AM

Pretty much all of RDR's stranger missions were unsettling to say the least.Like the one where you can feed the dude to the cannibal, or the one where you end up having to leave Jenny out in the desert after she goes crazy.

Tobias_Rieper
  • Tobias_Rieper

Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

I was 10 when GTA III released. I found all of this guy's missions disturbing... 'Nuff said.

Marty Chonks

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:37 AM

QUOTE (Tobias_Rieper @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 06:28)
I was 10 when GTA III released. I found all of this guy's missions disturbing... 'Nuff said.

Marty Chonks

As long as there aren't any missions where you are forced to do something that is just plainly stupid.

Drinking the Hist in Oblivion (no...no don't do it, it's so stupid) and then the part afterward

i think it was The Longest Journey where someone keeps saying "bones bones...i mean, flowers" or something like that.

If I as the player clearly know what is happening is BS and you have ill intentions toward me...let me act on that, don't force me to pretend I and/or my character don't see what's coming.

Sborges91
  • Sborges91

Rat

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

I always found the mission Deconstruction is GTA: San Andreas to be disturbing. I don't have a problem with the first half (destroying the offices and killing the workers who are attacking you) but the 2nd half is where I have a problem. I kill random peds all the time, but having to kill someone innocent ped (burying them alive in concrete no less) left me feeling uneasy. Ever since I first played in 04 when I was 14 to now, I just plain don't like that mission.

DetectDefective
  • DetectDefective

Seņor dickhead!

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE (Tobias_Rieper @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 06:28)

Marty Chonks

Holy crap, the 3D era actually had something like Hot Dog Homicide.

That's what I get for not completing GTA III. lol.gif

QUOTE (Cutter De Blanc @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 06:23)
Pretty much all of RDR's stranger missions were unsettling to say the least. Like the one where you can feed the dude to the cannibal, or the one where you end up having to leave Jenny out in the desert after she goes crazy.

I do remember those, but I never really considered RDR since it wasn't GTA. As for the second stranger mission you listed there, I took mercy on her ignorance and put her out of her misery. tounge.gif

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:43 AM

QUOTE (Sborges91 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 06:38)
I always found the mission Deconstruction is GTA: San Andreas to be disturbing. I don't have a problem with the first half (destroying the offices and killing the workers who are attacking you) but the 2nd half is where I have a problem. I kill random peds all the time, but having to kill someone innocent ped (burying them alive in concrete no less) left me feeling uneasy. Ever since I first played in 04 when I was 14 to now, I just plain don't like that mission.

I felt kind of uneasy about that one too.

Marty Chonks I just found funny, that construction one though kinda creeped me out.

I kind of like it though.

If we're going to be quasi-honest Fido/Tommy/CJ/Niko and presumably Franklin/Trevor/Micheal are not nice people. They're not good people. They kill a lot of people for money. A lot of people.

A ton of people.

I wouldn't mind a reminder here and there that even though the game is fun and they are entertaining characters....

These are not people you want to meet. Not people you would introduce to your family.

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

The deconstruction mission in GTA S.A was disturbing to me as well. Glad I wasn't the only one that felt that way. I was 12 when I did that mission.

LotusRIP
  • LotusRIP

King of Los Santos

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:43 AM

I hope Jack Thompson is reading this, or whatever his name is, so he can see that playing GTA doesn't desensitize anybody.

GroundZero
  • GroundZero

Previous Username: Bull12345Bull

• Members
  • Greece

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:50 AM

I actually found the Deconstruction mission in SA to be pretty funny. biggrin.gif

Ermac_
  • Ermac_

Tower Master

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

Never seen a mission in any gta that I would call disturbing.

theomenofficial
  • theomenofficial

I'm back as a changed man.

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:16 AM

Thanks for opening my eye to this mission, I never knew GTA was so disturbing... mercie_blink.gif

Ben73
  • Ben73

Homie

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:28 AM

Can't say I have ever found a gta mission that made me feel uneasy.
I see it as just a game. If I hear about 95% of the things I have done in GTA happening in real life I feel bad for the people or disturbed. But in the game it doesn't worry me.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:31 AM

Hot Dog Homicide was indeed raw. but for me this is one of my favourite missions. its what made GTA 2 fun. doing stuff that no other game could.

i would love to see more missions like that in V.

Marabunta Grande
  • Marabunta Grande

Azul y Blanco

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

I've also found the Deconstruction mission in GTA SA quite disturbing. I was also 12 when I first played that mission, though I've played GTA SA w/ my cousin at age 8.

aaronimpact
  • aaronimpact

Li'l G Loc

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

I don't really want any Manhunt/torture type missions. American gamers don't have to worry about video games being banned or censored, unlike gamers in countries like Australia, New Zealand.

sublimelabs
  • sublimelabs

The Jimmy Rustler

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

The Eddie Low character in GTA IV was hilarious in a darkly unnerving way:

There's a lot of potential in Southern California for equally unnerving stories, and I bet some of Trevor's "hobbies" are questionable. tounge.gif

hellfury66
  • hellfury66

raising hell on my black blazer

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:56 AM

heck i think most of the missions in the manhunt games were really disturbing than the ones in most gta games. but even some of the abandoned places and buildings in some gta games like san andreas panopdictacon. the farm and shady cabin in shady creeks as well as gta4s sprunk factory and that old abandoned rail yard at the docks near the wrecked ships. and the abandoned hospital i thought was creepy and disturbing a most times.

Apex Predator
  • Apex Predator

git gud or get rekt

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:57 AM Edited by DE4TH, 29 June 2013 - 09:01 AM.

I remember being scared to death from the "SPANKed up madmen" from that one King Courtney mission in GTA III. I'd get nightmares.

EDIT:

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:06 AM

QUOTE (DE4TH @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 08:57)
I remember being scared to death from the "SPANKed up madmen" from that one King Courtney mission in GTA III. I'd get nightmares.

"SpecialDeliveryComeToDaddyTickTockWhat'sOnMyComeToDaddySpecialDelivery*maniacial laughter*"

Anyway, the Deconstruction mission must have been the only time when I actually asked myself "Wait, why the f*ck am I doing this for?".

I mean a few rowdy construction workers call out your sister for dressing like a hooker (Which is true) and Carl decides to bury the foreman in his own feces (and a pile of cement, as if the first wasn't enough already).

Yeah, I don't get it either dude...

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

QUOTE (Sborges91 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 06:38)

Haha, I recently played that mission again with a friend and it made me remember and realise that being buried alive with cement in a port-o-potty is one of the worst things realistically imaginable.

Excolis
  • Excolis

Well,...

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:39 AM

Yeah, I didn't liked Deconstruction as well. But I also didn't liked "Madd Dogg's Rhymes" as well. I mean, your crazy untalented friend, who thinks that he's the biggest rapper of history, wants the rhyme book of a popular rapper und you go unhesitatingly to Madd Dogg's house and kill the whole innocent house staff. And this just for a rhyme book!? Hell, I felt bad while I was doing this.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

QUOTE (Excolis @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 09:39)
Yeah, I didn't liked Deconstruction as well. But I also didn't liked "Madd Dogg's Rhymes" as well. I mean, your crazy untalented friend, who thinks that he's the biggest rapper of history, wants the rhyme book of a popular rapper und you go unhesitatingly to Madd Dogg's house and kill the whole innocent house staff. And this just for a rhyme book!? Hell, I felt bad while I was doing this.

If I'm remembering correctly, wasn't killing all or at least most of the guards optional? I mean, wasn't it possible to just sneak by?

RSoha
  • RSoha

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 09:52 AM

Have a heart in GTA IV was quite disturbing.

delivering manny's body an organ dealer

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

QUOTE (Deacon Bosco @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 09:06)

"SpecialDeliveryComeToDaddyTickTockWhat'sOnMyComeToDaddySpecialDelivery*maniacial laughter*"

Anyway, the Deconstruction mission must have been the only time when I actually asked myself "Wait, why the f*ck am I doing this for?".

I mean a few rowdy construction workers call out your sister for dressing like a hooker (Which is true) and Carl decides to bury the foreman in his own feces (and a pile of cement, as if the first wasn't enough already).

I completely agree, that missions was pretty messed up.

ZZCOOL
  • ZZCOOL

http://www.youtube.com/user/taltigolt

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

i found it disturbing in the ballad of gay tonywhen luis found a head in a bag

chestycougth
  • chestycougth

Trick

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

I never felt disturbed playing 3, VC or SA but there were two missions in IV that left me feeling pretty bad.

The first was when you had to decide between killing dwayne or playboy x. The first time I did this mission then I went with money and went to kill dwayne. I felt terrible for betraying dwayne and I always kill playboy every time I replay IV now.

The second was when you have to break that irish prisoner out of the prison only to kill him. When I realised I had to kill him then I felt terrible cos the poor guy had spent so long in prison, thought he was gonna be let free only to be killed.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Leone Family Mafia

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:11 AM

QUOTE (GTAaLEX117 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 10:01)
QUOTE (Deacon Bosco @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 09:06)

I completely agree, that missions was pretty messed up.

Not to mention Sweet, out of all people, calls out Kendl for dressing like a hooker as well...

How come Carl didn't bury him in cement? nervous.gif

bmg1001
  • bmg1001

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

Not sure if anyone's played GTA: Liberty City Stories, but the mission "Dead Meat" was a bit disturbing. Especially in the cut scene after the "work" is done. Other than that, I haven't seen any other mission I found disturbing.

GTAaLEX117
  • GTAaLEX117

Cynical Optimist

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:46 AM

QUOTE (Deacon Bosco @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 10:11)
Not to mention Sweet, out of all people, calls out Kendl for dressing like a hooker as well...
How come Carl didn't bury him in cement? nervous.gif

Yeah, many things didn't really make sense in San Andreas.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users