Photo

Playing a Dead Man

8 replies to this topic
stangone50
  • stangone50

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:08 AM

Knowing Vic dies in the opening scene of VC , Does anyone else feel weird playing as Vic knowing he is gonna die ?
Kinda makes me wish VCS came out first .
At first he seemed kinda like a b*tch but the dude kicks ass .
He kinda grows on you ,sucks he had to go ...

HeliPilot
  • HeliPilot

GTAIII Mobile Mods

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:50 AM

The thing I never understood is that in the cut scene where Sonny calls Tommy for the first time in Vice City Tommy says the deal was an ambush and that Harry and Liam are dead. Doesn't sound like Vic or Pete does it?
I know R* verified it but it feels like another massive continuity error to me, just sayin'.

austinkopeck
  • austinkopeck

Meth Cook

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:07 AM

Harry and Lee are the two mobsters that accopany Tommy. Tommy never met them before, or even knew their names, and Sonny could care less about Vic and Lance. Hell, I bet Sonny would like it if Tommy, Harry, and Lee killed the Vance brothers, took the coke and kept the cash.
ON TOPIC: I don't feel weird playing as Vic. I like his character, though, and it sucks that he dies.

GoldenBlade
  • GoldenBlade

Hustlin'

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

I think Vic is an awesome protagonist, and it does feel weird knowing that he later dies, but I don't mind playing as him.

Flesh-n-Bone
  • Flesh-n-Bone

OG

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:58 AM

Since it's a fictional game, I make up a story in my mind that Vic gets taken to a hospital by Phil Cassidy and lives peacefully away from drugs and Lance after that shooting. biggrin.gif

It does suck that they chose such a minor character, though. At least Toni Cipriani was more prominent in GTA III and doesn't end up getting shot and killed.

Arsen Vitiuk
  • Arsen Vitiuk

Grand Theft Auto III Chain Game Former Chief

• Members
  • Ukraine

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

I didn't care. In fact, I was so abducted by the game itself that I could not even think of what would happen after that.

And anyway, we all are going to die, sooner or later - so what's the problem playing with the guy you know is going to die very soon?

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

QUOTE (HeliPilot @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 00:50)
The thing I never understood is that in the cut scene where Sonny calls Tommy for the first time in Vice City Tommy says the deal was an ambush and that Harry and Liam are dead. Doesn't sound like Vic or Pete does it?
I know R* verified it but it feels like another massive continuity error to me, just sayin'.

Harry and Liam were the 2 Forelli wise-guys that got off the plane with Tommy, Vic was the dealer. Tommy probably never knew his name.

drr26
  • drr26

"he don't talk too much"

• Members
  • England

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

I'm playing through again now. It does indeed feel odd, knowing he dies doing something he hates (drug deal)

But he's an excellent Protag, I like him more than CJ (don't flame me lol)

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:13 PM

It did not bother me whatsoever. The game and the protagonist were brilliant to make me think of the future

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users