Quantcast

» «
Photo

Real NYC Map for GTA IV

114 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you want a real NYC map instead of Liberty City? (223 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want a real NYC map instead of Liberty City?

1. Yes, I would want to have a real NYC map (192 votes [90.14%])

Percentage of vote: 90.14%

2. No, that sounds like a horrible idea! (21 votes [9.86%])

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote
LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 07 August 2013 - 04:13 PM

On 3ds Max or on SketchUp? Or something else?

brOkeRxBoYxLC
  • brOkeRxBoYxLC

Mr. Liberty

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 01:20 PM

in my opinion, you should do a total overhaul on the tri state area;

adding:
staten island
south jersey
long island
bigger and more detailed boroughs

if your a modded i can pretty much design everything including streets and buildings. all u gotta do is mod it. im from brooklyn so i know the area like the back of my hand.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 08 August 2013 - 06:44 PM

We are currently focusing on Manhattan for map limits reasons. The other boroughs will be done someday, well, if we start something someday... sigh.gif
BTW, you didn't answer my question.

brOkeRxBoYxLC
  • brOkeRxBoYxLC

Mr. Liberty

• Members

Posted 08 August 2013 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Thursday, Aug 8 2013, 18:44)
We are currently focusing on Manhattan for map limits reasons. The other boroughs will be done someday, well, if we start something someday... sigh.gif
BTW, you didn't answer my question.

nothing professional grade like that yet.. I just have a map layout that really looks like it would be a hit. if we get mad people doing this we could get all 5 boroughs and more done..

weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 12 August 2013 - 08:14 PM

As I've said before, I want to first start with Manhattan and also do Governors Island, Liberty Island, Roosevelt Island, and Rikers Island. Maybe once GTA V comes out, we can do this mod for that as the map limit will be bigger, but that time do every single part of New York City.

BKDeath20
  • BKDeath20

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 August 2013 - 11:13 PM

Are you guys still doing this mod? biggrin.gif Just wondering, because that old realistic nyc mod has made me sad...it has been lost due to a computer virus. sad.gif

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 23 August 2013 - 04:28 PM Edited by weidncol, 23 August 2013 - 04:34 PM.

Currently, I'm not working on it. I'm still trying to think of ideas and just brainstorm in general. I also need some people who could help model, script, etc.

EDIT: It seems everyone wants to have the old WTC, so it will have that, but in modern times smile.gif

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 23 August 2013 - 11:11 PM

Well this is awesome!

HA5H
  • HA5H

The Almighty forgives you, HA5H doesn't.

• Members
  • None

Posted 25 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

This seriously would be awesome! biggrin.gif

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 06 September 2013 - 02:14 AM

Hey guys! I am willing to work on the project, but I NEED people to help with modeling, scripting, textures, etc. There is no possible way I can do this on my own especially since I have school now. I already have the planning done pretty much, so in theory, we should be able to start working on this soon.

If you feel that you want to help, then you're freaking awesome! Just tell me if you want to.  :)

Rob.Zombie
  • Rob.Zombie

Sgt.Kanyo

• Members

Posted 07 September 2013 - 11:05 AM

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but let's be honest, you'll never be able to make whole manhattan with all it's streets, let alone whole NYC. I suggest trying out True Crime: New York City. That game has made whole Manhattan with all it's streets, but even that's not 100% accurate, and it has quite low quality textures. If you want to continue this insane project you got all my support, but I suggest converting the map from True Crime: NYC.

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 07 September 2013 - 04:04 PM

I don't want to sound like an asshole, but let's be honest, you'll never be able to make whole manhattan with all it's streets, let alone whole NYC. I suggest trying out True Crime: New York City. That game has made whole Manhattan with all it's streets, but even that's not 100% accurate, and it has quite low quality textures. If you want to continue this insane project you got all my support, but I suggest converting the map from True Crime: NYC.

I don't plan on doing every single street to perfection, but I will make it at least feel like true Manhattan. For now, I'm only doing Manhattan and surrounding islands due to map limitations. 

brOkeRxBoYxLC
  • brOkeRxBoYxLC

Mr. Liberty

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 02:19 AM

Hey guys! I am willing to work on the project, but I NEED people to help with modeling, scripting, textures, etc. There is no possible way I can do this on my own especially since I have school now. I already have the planning done pretty much, so in theory, we should be able to start working on this soon.

If you feel that you want to help, then you're freaking awesome! Just tell me if you want to.  :)

If you feel that you want to help, then you're freaking awesome! Just tell me if you want to. 

id love to contribute!

human_nature42
  • human_nature42

Who'z To Know?

• Members

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:54 PM

I wish I had a pc that was strong enough for this :(

JN92
  • JN92

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 October 2013 - 06:00 PM

Considering this topic started in June and to date there's basically no headway made I assume it's either dead or a pipe dream (in which case it's also dead?)

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 24 October 2013 - 11:34 PM

I don't know if it's dead. But as weidncol hasn't been online for weeks, I think it is. Let's just wait. He needs a big team to do such a big mod.

StraightOuttaGanton
  • StraightOuttaGanton

Rat

• Members

Posted 08 November 2013 - 05:26 AM

Lock it up mods

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 30 November 2013 - 08:19 PM Edited by weidncol, 30 November 2013 - 08:20 PM.

It has been decided that we will stop any further planning of this mod for GTA IV. It seems nobody, with the exception of a few, wanted to help make it and also the map limitations are just too small to make an accurate map. If and when GTA V comes to PC (hopefully early next year), we will be making this mod for that instead. The map sizes are bigger, better graphics and I think more people would be willing to help. Thoughts and comments are welcomed :)

aleex96
  • aleex96

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 03 January 2014 - 04:58 PM

This mod looks really good. It's a shame that does not go ahead. 

zocom7
  • zocom7

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 22 January 2014 - 08:49 PM

It's quite strange after so much time has passed, no one in the GTA community has attempted to modify the  Liberty City map in GTA IV and expanded it (more streets, more buildings, more expressways, etc.).

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 22 January 2014 - 09:20 PM

You're right. It would be a lot simpler than remodel the entire city.

Bone34
  • Bone34

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:18 PM

No I mean its not going to be THAT big lol. I'll show you in a sec

EDIT:
This is about right:
83M3tuW.png

If anyone was about to remake/make something similiar like that, then it would be useless in that scale because of boundaries.

IMO its just bull**it to remake NY and its boroughs in LC scale, it would take years to complete it and i bet it would be dead after making less than a quarter of manhattan.

And so i can inform you, i will be working on an extension that will add alot of stuff of actual NY state, and a part of NJ.

ViceCityStalker
  • ViceCityStalker

Balls Deep Inside Candy Suxxx

• Members
  • South-Africa

Posted 14 June 2014 - 04:02 AM

This would be titty f*cking cool,I enjoyed The Getaway back in the day but this would be infinitely better!

Jestic
  • Jestic

Chris

• Feroci
  • Netherlands

Posted 16 June 2014 - 09:14 PM Edited by MajesticNL, 16 June 2014 - 09:15 PM.

I don't wanna break up the party but it all sounds very unrealistic.

weidncol, you are gonna do half of real life Manhattan? Do you realize Park Central irl is as big as GTA4's algonquin?

Do you know how long R* took to make GTA4's Liberty City?

Take a look at the credits

http://www.allgame.c...834&tab=credits

iQZvxMF.png

That's 28 people, environment artists. Take note, that is without props and without interiors. A blank map with roads, terrain, buildings and all remaining models that can't be considered as props.

So my question is, if 28 people take 3.5 years to create this map, how are you ever gonna achieve this? even if you have a few modelers helping you.

• soudruhger likes this

utkarshrajsingh
  • utkarshrajsingh

GTAV PC Magistrate

• Members
  • United-Nations

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:09 PM

leave it guys.... it almost impossible. :lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users