Quantcast

» «
Photo

Real NYC Map for GTA IV

114 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you want a real NYC map instead of Liberty City? (223 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you want a real NYC map instead of Liberty City?

1. Yes, I would want to have a real NYC map (192 votes [90.14%])

Percentage of vote: 90.14%

2. No, that sounds like a horrible idea! (21 votes [9.86%])

Percentage of vote: 9.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote
weidncol
  • weidncol

World Trade Center Mod Manager

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:28 PM Edited by weidncol, 09 July 2013 - 03:20 AM.

I do realize that a lot of people have been making texture overhauls for Liberty City in GTA IV, but I personally just want a whole new map that is as realistic as possible to NYC. If this were to be created, it will take a lot of time and effort since its a whole new map with all new buildings and textures. My idea would to make Manhattan way more dense and have more skyscrapers, but to put them in the correct place. Manhattan would also feature the new World Trade Center. There will be a new island called Staten Island. (Something Liberty City is missing) Make Jersey bigger and Queens bigger. Since I am not to experienced with modelling, I would need a team of people to help make this, including scripters, modelers, etc.

This guy on the forums, Six Paths of Pain was going to carry this out, but while making it his computer got a virus and he lost all the files sad.gif That's why you should backup! biggrin.gif

Anyway, to get an idea of what I want, here was his topic from a few years ago:
http://www.gtaforums...howtopic=431747

EDIT:
Due to the limitations of GTA IV map boundary, I currently only plan to recreate Manhattan. I know this is a let down for those that wanted the whole map to be re-done, but it just isn't possible. Once GTA V comes out, perhaps I'll make NYC for that so we have more room to make a map smile.gif
  • CristianoL., ViceCityStalker and Wavesittich like this

RoadRunner71
  • RoadRunner71

Try to Run, Try to Hide

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 12:47 AM Edited by RoadRunner71, 29 June 2013 - 12:53 AM.

That would be the most awesome sh*t ever made for GTA. For making a reallistic size map I think it could just been added Manhattan, placed in diagonal so there would be more space. Having the WTC would be awesome, and for complementing it in my opinion the city should have 1980s or 1970s gritty look; lot of abandoned buildings or in ruins even in areas like the Lower East Side, abandoned cars (hell, I've seen pictures of abandoned cars next to I think the Manhattan Bridge), the old Battery Park and abandoned West Side Highway, the X Movies Cinemas in Times Squares with the neon lights... That city had to be awesome (and dangerous) back then smile.gif

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

Oh sorry I didn't clarify, but it would be set in this era with the NEW World Trade Center. Did you check out the topic I posted a link to yet?

Murad96
  • Murad96

Gangsta

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:40 PM

Do you actually think you're gonna get anyone five years after GTA 4?

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:43 PM

QUOTE (Murad96 @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 22:40)
Do you actually think you're gonna get anyone five years after GTA 4?

I don't know, but what I do know is that people still work on projects for San Andreas so... Also, GTA IV is the current game right now so people obviously still mod it.

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 29 June 2013 - 10:47 PM Edited by weidncol, 30 June 2013 - 03:38 PM.

I really wish SPoP would reply to my message so we can start on this... confused.gif

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:05 PM Edited by Libertyking, 30 June 2013 - 11:25 PM.

Are you doing this on Sketchup or another 3D modeler?
I ask this because Six Paths of Pain made it in Sketchup and I have some little experience in Sketchup, I once made a decent model of Manhattan.
If you want pics, ask me, I always dreamed of working on a NYC map mod for GTA. colgate.gif

BTW: What a coincidence: You were born 2 months before me, you joined the forum 1 day before me and, strangely, yesterday I was reading SPOP New York Topic...

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:43 AM Edited by weidncol, 01 July 2013 - 01:12 AM.

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 22:05)
I ask this because Six Paths of Pain made it in Sketchup and I have some little experience in Sketchup, I once made a decent model of Manhattan.
If you want pics, ask me, I always dreamed of working on a NYC map mod for GTA. colgate.gif

BTW: What a coincidence: You were born 2 months before me, you joined the forum 1 day before me and, strangely, yesterday I was reading SPOP New York Topic...

Actually I really could use a good modeler since I am not to experienced myself. Show me some of the pics and you could possibly be on my team biggrin.gif I am a little worried about using Sketchup for GTA IV because of the fact it adds a lot of polys and can cause it to lag like a f*ck confused.gif

I really want SPoP to help out! Anyway you can contact him?

What version of sketchup should I get?

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:21 AM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 20:43)

Actually I really could use a good modeler since I am not to experienced myself. Show me some of the pics and you could possibly be on my team biggrin.gif I am a little worried about using Sketchup for GTA IV because of the fact it adds a lot of polys and can cause it to lag like a f*ck confused.gif

I couldn't contact him, I don't know him. If you're worried about poly, then I could only do the base of the buildings.
I will show you my New York model anyway:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I didn't make the textures and the model was only made for overhead views.
I downloaded the trees, the Statue of Liberty, the Chrysler Building, the Empire State Building and the Madison Square Garden.

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:22 AM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:21)
QUOTE (weidncol @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 20:43)

I couldn't contact him, I don't know him. If you're worried about poly, then I could only do the base of the buildings.
I will show you my New York model anyway:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

I didn't make the textures and the model was only made for overhead views.
I downloaded the trees, the Chrysler Building, the Empire State Building and the Madison Square Garden.

Looks decent. I plan on using Sketchup for the map only and then 3ds max for everything else. BTW what version of sketchup should i get?

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:24 AM

Sketchup Pro cost money, but you can extract models in other 3D formats and there is more functions.
---
Yay 500 posts.

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:24)
Sketchup Pro cost money, but you can extract models in other 3D formats and there is more functions.

Money is no object to me colgate.gif

EDIT:
I think it's time to move this topic to the mod showroom biggrin.gif

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:27 AM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 21:25)

EDIT:

Mod Showroom is for near finished mods I think.

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:28 AM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:27)

EDIT:

hmmm true. I think as long as you post some progress pics you are fine, but I need to wait a little bit.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:29 AM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 21:28)

EDIT:

hmmm true. I think as long as you post some progress pics you are fine, but I need to wait a little bit.

I could help you making the base of the buildings, without textures... anyway, can you do textures?

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:30 AM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:29)

EDIT:

I could help you making the base of the buildings, without textures... anyway, can you do textures?

I actually have someone who can do that. His name is RoadRunner71

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:31 AM

Getting Sketchup Pro now

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:32 AM Edited by Libertyking, 01 July 2013 - 06:48 PM.

QUOTE (weidncol @ Sunday, Jun 30 2013, 21:30)
QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 01:29)

EDIT:

I actually have someone who can do that. His name is RoadRunner71

Well you're ready I think! Anyway, I'll go to bed now, it's 9:30 here, so goodbye. I'll come back tomorrow.
-------------------
Hello, I'm back. I thought I could make a better quality model to show you what I can do.
So I decided to make a One WTC Sketchup model. If it was to scale, and had an antenna, this would be the kind of model I would send you.

user posted image

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:21 PM Edited by weidncol, 01 July 2013 - 07:27 PM.

Looks good! How would you add the individual glass panels too it and the glass on the lobby? Sorry I'm not good at sketchup blush.gif

I think it's best we use 3ds Max 2012 if we want high quality models...

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:28 PM Edited by Libertyking, 01 July 2013 - 07:35 PM.

QUOTE (weidncol @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:21)
Looks good! How would you add the individual glass panels too it and the glass on the lobby? Sorry I'm not good at sketchup blush.gif

That would not be the good way to do it in Sketchup: Way too much polys. You should make a high quality glass texture, similar to how Rockstar did it in GTA IV.
BTW, will you keep the original IV models for your mod? Because they're not exactly to scale IE: the ESB is over-scaled.

Aw.. OK. Wanted to work on this one. I don't have any idea how 3DS max work...

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:28)

That would not be the good way to do it in Sketchup: Way too much polys. You should make a high quality glass texture, similar to how Rockstar did it in GTA IV.
BTW, will you keep the original IV models for your mod? Because they're not exactly to scale IE: the ESB is over-scaled.

We can use Sketchup as long as we can make the models look good ingame. I want to redo all the landmark buildings to make them as realistic as possible.

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:38)

We can use Sketchup as long as we can make the models look good ingame. I want to redo all the landmark buildings to make them as realistic as possible.

Then, we need Six Paths of Pain...

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:39)

ya... I messaged him like 2 times and no reply still sad.gif

I cant believe we don't have any negative feedback yet!

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:45 PM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:41)

SPoP was online this morning. Missed him by 3 hours.

Anyway, I think we should make a map of the project before doing it, like a plan.

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:46 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:45)

Anyway, I think we should make a map of the project before doing it, like a plan.

Our plan is on Google Earth lol.gif

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:48 PM

QUOTE (weidncol @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:46)
QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:45)

Our plan is on Google Earth lol.gif

You want to make it street accurate? I don't think it would fit in GTA IV's modable area.

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:49 PM Edited by weidncol, 01 July 2013 - 08:05 PM.

No I mean its not going to be THAT big lol. I'll show you in a sec

EDIT:
This is about right:
user posted image

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Libertyking, 01 July 2013 - 07:56 PM.

I'm gonna stop quoting, it's useless considering we are the only two talking.
---
You are increasing my hype...

Edit: I really want to see this mod come to life. I love NY, even if I've never been there... I know the name of most high-rise in Manhattan and the name of all the long bridges... When I've nothing else to do, I read Wikipedia's history of New York. I hope to go there someday... Some people say that I'm obsessed...

weidncol
  • weidncol

• Members
  • None

Posted 01 July 2013 - 07:59 PM

QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:50)
Edit: I really want to see this mod come to life. I love NY, even if I've never been there... I know the name of most high-rise in Manhattan and the name of all the long bridges... When I've nothing else to do, I read Wikipedia's history of New York. I hope to go there someday... Some people say that I'm obsessed...

I might go there next year for the opening of One World Trade Center biggrin.gif

LibertyKing
  • LibertyKing

Homie

• Members
  • Canada

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:03 PM Edited by Libertyking, 01 July 2013 - 08:07 PM.

QUOTE (weidncol @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 15:59)
QUOTE (Libertyking @ Monday, Jul 1 2013, 19:50)

I might go there next year for the opening of One World Trade Center biggrin.gif

Oh, I would love to... But I'm in Canada and I need a passport... stupid terrorists... if it wasn't for 9/11, I wouldn't need one.

I'm close enough to go there by car.

EDIT: Didn't see the image. This is SPoP's Liberty City. It does not fit in the area, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users