GTA V / PS4 / Free Internet

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
15 replies to this topic
BennyBlunts4
  • BennyBlunts4

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:22 PM

Not sure if this is the right section to ask this but here goes nothing...

I like many of you am excited to play GTA V. I'm hoping they make a version for PS4 (many expect they will).

Will the internet be free on PS4 like on PS3? Or are they going to make you start paying like Xbox 360 does?

Thanks!

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

You have to pay a bit less then $5 a month, but you get free games every month which you keep until your subscription expires (you get them back when you buy PS+ again). Some F2p games will not require this service.

DetectDefective
  • DetectDefective

Seņor dickhead!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (BennyBlunts4 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:22)
Not sure if this is the right section to ask this but here goes nothing...

I like many of you am excited to play GTA V. I'm hoping they make a version for PS4 (many expect they will).

Will the internet be free on PS4 like on PS3? Or are they going to make you start paying like Xbox 360 does?

Thanks!

Last time I checked, PS+ on PS4 has "online multiplayer" as part of the "deal" now, so yeah, you'll have to buy PS+ to play GTA V's online multiplayer.

Edit: Beaten by a country mile. Also, any PS+ you bought on PS3 applies to PS4 as well.

BennyBlunts4
  • BennyBlunts4

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

QUOTE (poklane @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:23)
You have to pay a bit less then $5 a month, but you get free games every month which you keep until your subscription expires (you get them back when you buy PS+ again). Some F2p games will not require this service.

Interesting! Thanks!

SlappyPwnsAss
  • SlappyPwnsAss

I done kept it real from tha jump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:24 PM

Yes, you will need to pay to play online on PS4, but you can still have an account and download demos but you cant play online without a PS Plus account

Jedi Master Tom
  • Jedi Master Tom

Be with you, the Force may

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:25 PM

Short answer: No. You will need a Playstations Plus account ($50/yr) to access online multiplayer for PS4 games. However, other media services like Netflix, Hulu, ect., will be available for non-plus users.

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

As far as we know, GTA V isn't coming to next-gen. I'm sure it will be downloadable one day or something...

To play online with the PS4, PlayStation Plus is required. And PlayStation Plus membership costs money, amigo. Sony is on the pay-to-play wave now.

NikoBellic1993
  • NikoBellic1993

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:25 PM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:31)

As far as we know, GTA V isn't coming to next-gen. I'm sure it will be downloadable one day or something...

To play online with the PS4, PlayStation Plus is required. And PlayStation Plus membership costs money, amigo. Sony is on the pay-to-play wave now.

That's pretty lame !

friendly luggage
  • friendly luggage

Vette pass by, errbody looking

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:39 PM

PS3 and Vita will not require PS+ for multiplayer but the PS4 will.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:30 AM

QUOTE (Grand Theft Savage @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 04:31)

You better change the way you talk, amigo. You sound like you're BLINDLY bashing Sony.

Just thank Sony for it will only be applicable ON THE PS4 and not on all their consoles!
One more thing to slap to your face...Sony made a policy concerning the removal of online passes, substituting it with the PS+ membership, instead.

So, if you still want to buy the XBONE, then you're still going to play TWICE to play MP!

Grand Theft Savage
  • Grand Theft Savage

'Bout that life

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 02:30)

You better change the way you talk, amigo. You sound like you're BLINDLY bashing Sony.

Just thank Sony for it will only be applicable ON THE PS4 and not on all their consoles!
One more thing to slap to your face...Sony made a policy concerning the removal of online passes, substituting it with the PS+ membership, instead.

So, if you still want to buy the XBONE, then you're still going to play TWICE to play MP!

Well, you're an idiot dontgetit.gif
I'm a PlayStation supporter. I fully understand why they made it a pay-to-play system. I didn't say I had a problem with it.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:12 AM Edited by corvettelover, 29 June 2013 - 04:17 AM.

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 02:30)

He never mentioned Xbox lmao.

And since when is XBL $100+ a year? XBL is $50 for 1 year, same as PS-Plus.

The OP's thread about a simple question isn't the place for fanboyism, I'm sure there are plenty of topics for that.

So much hostility, especially over something as silly as a game console.

It's honestly pretty pathetic how both sides (the huge fanboys, not everyone) seem to act as if the other is a worse person for buying the opposite console.

That's pretty lame !

Not so bad, you tend to get what you pay for.

I don't know for certain, as the last PS I owned was a PS2, but I did hear plenty of people complaining about the PS's service, don't know that it actually holds true, but if it is, that should be remedied with the "premium" service type deal.

Seems like they're both pretty damn close on all respects this time around.

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:52 AM

I can't believe why using wordplay got me into trouble. confused.gif

I didn't even mention that the XBL cost $100, I just said that you have to pay MORE THAN twice for it. Once for the XBL and once for the SPECIFIC game that might ask you for an online pass.
So, if you want to play BF4 and Ghosts, then you'll have to pay for XBL and pay for the OL passes for Ghosts and BF4 and much more if you want to play many more. suicidal.gif

DarthShinobi
  • DarthShinobi

The fall is FAST and STEEP

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:24 AM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 04:52)

I didn't even mention that the XBL cost $100, I just said that you have to pay MORE THAN twice for it. Once for the XBL and once for the SPECIFIC game that might ask you for an online pass.
So, if you want to play BF4 and Ghosts, then you'll have to pay for XBL and pay for the OL passes for Ghosts and BF4 and much more if you want to play many more. suicidal.gif

You said more than twice the amount, so yeah you said $100. So if if anyone has to watch how they talk its your ass. And you're so full of sh*t. You don't have to buy the game, then buy the f*cking online pass if you buy the game new. Even if you buy it used it ends up the same. Here in The States games are $59.99 new. $65 with tax. When you buy a game used and it was barely released its lowered to around $55 and what are the online passes going for? Here they're usually $10 so pretty much you end up paying the same so don't come out with this whole twice as much bullsh*t.

corvettelover
  • corvettelover

Still D.R.E.

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

QUOTE (DODI3OG @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 04:52)

That is a bit misleading though since online passes only apply to used games, and "only" cost like what? $9?

Also, BF4 won't have a online pass since EA dropped the online passes a month or so ago, can't comment on others since I don't believe they dropped it, but I know EA did. Online passes are complete bullsh*t though, I'll agree with that.

Not to sound mean, but I'm misunderstanding your logic or something, since even if you'd add the two passes to the price of XBL, it would "only" be $70, which isn't even close to twice the price.

Anyhow though, going a bit offtopic, sorry OP!

Chrome_Adderz
  • Chrome_Adderz

☆☆☆☆☆

• Members
  • Philippines

Posted 29 June 2013 - 05:30 AM Edited by DODI3OG, 29 June 2013 - 05:35 AM.

Fine..my mistakes... confused.gif
I didn't say that you have to pay TWICE THE AMOUNT, I just said that you have to pay for it twice.

You're all right, though.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users