TV Commercials in GTA 5

9 replies to this topic
universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:30 PM

I was excited to hear that there would be TV in GTA 5. However, the commercials disappointed me, seeing as the vast majority of them were basically promos for shows we couldn't watch. Hopefully, the commercials in GTA 5 will be funny and have some kind of purpose. And by funny, I mean stuff that'll make you spit out your drink and grab your abdomen as you fall to the floor laughing, like the first time I saw this:

TakinThyBacon
  • TakinThyBacon

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:31 PM

Jesus christ universe, what is with you and these idiotic threads today?

universetwisters
  • universetwisters

Bernd das Bumpy Brot

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

QUOTE (TakinThyBacon @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 14:31)
Jesus christ universe, what is with you and these idiotic threads today?

Idiotic? At least this is better than that one thread where they talked about flying to the other side of the country just to rob a bank and those people who think Las Venturas is going to be in the game

Quackerz Gamerz
  • Quackerz Gamerz

Radio Ga Ga!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:37 PM

I really hope R* put some more effort into the shows for V than they did for IV.

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Life's a game...don't take it so seriously

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:19 PM

Yes I always look forward to Rockstars humor , especially the commercials on the radio. Im sure they'll have some funny stuff on the TV this time around too.

Mig10
  • Mig10

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:31 PM

QUOTE (universetwisters @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 19:30)
I was excited to hear that there would be TV in GTA 5. However, the commercials disappointed me, seeing as the vast majority of them were basically promos for shows we couldn't watch. Hopefully, the commercials in GTA 5 will be funny and have some kind of purpose. And by funny, I mean stuff that'll make you spit out your drink and grab your abdomen as you fall to the floor laughing, like the first time I saw this:

I agree, there was a lot of hype about it but in the end no more than that. What we need is depth, it's one of the most important parts of the spoof, and it really helps to further deepen the game. I would say the radios, commercials, banners and the missions tied in are what makes the world stick together.

DetectDefective
  • DetectDefective

Seņor dickhead!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

I'm not going to bother with the TV in GTA V. Didn't like it in GTA IV, and I doubt I'll like it now.

Matt06
  • Matt06

Consigliere

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:24 AM

I'm looking forward to the TV shows in V. The shows in IV showed good potential for future installments, and the websites had some good stuff as well, so I think we are in for some funny sh*t especially being in Los Santos/VINEWOOD they will surely be taking the piss out of the stuff in the media we see today.

Lospuertafreeway
  • Lospuertafreeway

Thug

• BUSTED!

Posted 07 August 2013 - 01:57 AM

I don't think so. Lol

CryptReaperDorian
  • CryptReaperDorian

Boss

• Members

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:50 AM

I thought the Pisswasser commercial was both catchy and very funny.

I also have faith in R* to make TV even better this time around. The animations for the TV shows are kind of bad in GTA IV, but they've been improved quite a bit in GTA TLAD and GTA TBOGT (look at the improvement of animations in Republican Space Rangers along with even better animated Princess Robot Bubblegum). So, I'm hoping this leads to better fleshed out TV programs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users