Photo

Switching while wanted?

33 replies to this topic
BumpyJohnson
  • BumpyJohnson

Original Gangsta

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 03:51 AM

QUOTE (brian. @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:11)
I doubt anyone exists off mission except for whichever player you choose.

When you switch to Trevor, Michael and Franklin are non-existent. When you switch to Michael, Franklin and Trevor are nowhere to be found on the map. ONLY on mission or when switching and actually being in control of them can you see them. If you are free roam as trevor, michael doesn't exist until you switch to him, franklin either.

This is what I read - and I have been lookin for it for 20 minutes now, so no source from me - but I am "pretty sure" (I could be wrong, I know) that you CANNOT see the other characters off-mission unless you are controlling them.

Is this wrong or right? Or is it still unknown? Because I distinctly remember someone in an interview saying you can have the players together on-mission, but can only ever see one of them at a time when off-mission... in other words - you cannot go watch them live their lives. You will need to call them and set something up, you cannot just go watch them live and bump into them or blow up their car etc.

I disagree. I think they will exist when you don't control them. It shouldn't be too much for R* to give the characters a weekly schedule to follow when on their own. It's just 3 characters. They all have homes and I think they will chill there most of the time by default like Michael watching his movies or sitting by his pool drinking and every now and then they will do an activity like Michael shopping with family. We'll just have to wait and see but that's what I got from the ”they will go about their daily lives” bit.

Wuggatus
  • Wuggatus

Somewhere stuck between joyful and peachy.

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

QUOTE (brian. @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 17:30)
Strange, because as far as I have seen in official previews is that you CANNOT go see the other characters in-game. Again, you CANNOT take micheal and go see trevor or franklin unless you're on a mission. When you switch to them, then you see what they were "doing", but it's fake, they are not there until you switch to them, and you cannot meet up with them off-mission. I read that in an official preview, so Leslie is wrong, or they have changed that.

Thanks for that link in your signature

wtfandango
  • wtfandango

Rat

• BUSTED!

Posted 29 June 2013 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE (brian. @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 17:30)
Strange, because as far as I have seen in official previews is that you CANNOT go see the other characters in-game. Again, you CANNOT take micheal and go see trevor or franklin unless you're on a mission. When you switch to them, then you see what they were "doing", but it's fake, they are not there until you switch to them, and you cannot meet up with them off-mission. I read that in an official preview, so Leslie is wrong, or they have changed that.

you can call them to hang out like in iv lololol

gpcguy1
  • gpcguy1

Soldier

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

So does that mean I can't cause havoc with all three of the protags? I wanna start out driving with Franklin then switch to Michael/Trevor to do the shooting while in a chase. If I can't do that when free roaming then the whole character switch during gameplay is useless.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users