What is the big deal about underwater?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic
JohnTrovoltaHasASquareHEAD
  • JohnTrovoltaHasASquareHEAD

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:18 AM

It would be fun for like 5 minutes and then id never do it again. Once you found all the treasure what would be the point at all?

It annoys me as they obviously spent ridcuolus amount of developing time on underwater when they could of made the land mass twice as much instead. Id prefer more land then a gimmick of underwater which would get boring so quickly.

egle00
  • egle00

Square Civilian

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

QUOTE (JohnTrovoltaHasASquareHEAD @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 11:18)
It would be fun for like 5 minutes and then id never do it again. Once you found all the treasure what would be the point at all?

It annoys me as they obviously spent ridcuolus amount of developing time on underwater when they could of made the land mass twice as much instead. Id prefer more land then a gimmick of underwater which would get boring so quickly.

it's your opinion , for example i think that i will enjoy underwater features

maddy26
  • maddy26

Snitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

Is it really necessary to make an new topic for this?

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:34 AM

I'm actually stoked for the underwater biggrin.gif I can't wait to go down there and interact with the wildlife, look for treasure, and just get lost in the depths of the sea. I'm glad Rockstar have given underwater the attention it deserves. I believe it will add an awesome new element to gameplay. icon14.gif

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:38 AM Edited by Sam_S_Rosevelt, 28 June 2013 - 11:41 AM.

Imagine Multiplayer:
Spying on people Underwater then coming out and surprise killing them.

Or jumping out of a helicopter after it's damaged and skydiving into the water after your enemies.

Bascially any crashes into water are going to be vastly improved.
Not like in previous GTA's where you always wanted to get back to land ASAP when you fell into the water.
San Andreas only had the Seashells to collect which added something, but not enough, which I think is why Rockstar have gone so far this time with adding:
scubadiving,
submarines,
treasure,
real sealife,
sunken ships etc.

The new underwater features in GTA V add a whole new element of gameplay and really are a 'big deal'.

W2B
  • W2B

Is Awesome!

• Zaibatsu
  • South-Africa

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

I think it's gonna be cool. I'm happy that they made the water around the map useful this time. Would you rather have useless water around the map like in all the other GTAs??

It will be cool to swim with sharks and fish with realistic fish AI lol.gif , looking for treasure, exploring, submarine-ing etc.

GrandTheftDildo
  • GrandTheftDildo

Homie

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

I want to dive to this song

tounge.gif

So...
  • So...

Oooh, that's a bingo!

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:46 AM

QUOTE (Sam_S_Rosevelt @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 12:38)
Or jumping out of a helicopter after it's damaged and skydiving into the water after your enemies.

Or driving a truck off a cliff and watch it sinking to the bottom of the sea. Just because it's possible.
I see a lot of creative possibilities here! I mean, half the fun of GTA is trying things out and see if it works.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:51 AM Edited by brian., 28 June 2013 - 11:59 AM.

The stated goal of Rockstar Games for Grand Theft Auto is to, quote paraphrased, "Simulate what you really see in the outside world, we won't stop until we've achieved that goal" -Jeronimo Barrera

So that is why they did it, it's part of the master plan.

GTA is a *stepping stone* toward the future of simulation and games, it is only sex, drugs, and rock and roll, because that stuff sells. That is the only reason it is the way it is, the satire, the politics, it's because it sells, and helps to fund their true goals: Top notch simulation of the real world. Again, that's a quote direct from Rockstar's Jeronimo Barrera up there.

For saucejockeys, you can hear him say this here: http://www.gametrail...lost-and-damned

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia
  • Best Member in an Official Group 2012

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

QUOTE (JohnTrovoltaHasASquareHEAD @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 22:18)

Well what would be the point of extra land mass when you've explored it all? I like the idea underwater as it's more mysterious. I doubt R* have half assed it too.

It'll be a drastic improvement of what was in SA. The idea of exploring a sunken wreck sounds far more interesting than more land of which we've got plenty of.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:17 PM

Sharks.

You're argument is invalid.

ReconzVenture
  • ReconzVenture

Eccentric Raver

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:18 PM

Not gonna lie it doesn't interest me in the slightest. The only time I'll ever go in the water is if the game makes me in a mission.

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

I can't wait for the water.

Gonna be sharks, fish, submarines, scooooba diving, sunken ships and treasure!!

It makes the world feel more realistic. If you don't like the water then don't go in it.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:26 PM

I thinks it's a great addition.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:41 PM

I could imagine Michael losing his sh*t after finding out Trevor has his scuba gear to look for treasure and coming home to find Trevor in the bathroom like....

Audio is crap. Turn up the volume.

dooshtoomun
  • dooshtoomun

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:46 PM

Why is your name so long...

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

QUOTE (dooshtoomun @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 12:46)

Do you not agree that John Travoltas head resembles a square?

If you do agree then the nickname is acceptable.

P.s. freddy got fingered is like the best movie of all time.

My bum is on the cheese, my bum is on the cheese. If i get lucky i might get a disease.

dooshtoomun
  • dooshtoomun

Thug

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

QUOTE (JohnTrovoltaHasASquareHEAD @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 12:51)
QUOTE (dooshtoomun @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 12:46)

Do you not agree that John Travoltas head resembles a square?

If you do agree then the nickname is acceptable.

P.s. freddy got fingered is like the best movie of all time.

My bum is on the cheese, my bum is on the cheese. If i get lucky i might get a disease.

Please stop. You're scaring me.

Revolution-XW
  • Revolution-XW

LuisWayne

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:56 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 12:14)
QUOTE (JohnTrovoltaHasASquareHEAD @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 22:18)

Well what would be the point of extra land mass when you've explored it all? I like the idea underwater as it's more mysterious. I doubt R* have half assed it too.

It'll be a drastic improvement of what was in SA. The idea of exploring a sunken wreck sounds far more interesting than more land of which we've got plenty of.

Just that,

Remember the caves they mentioned about, the treasure inside and how hard it'll to find them needing a sub or needing certain item or vehicle to acess a deep cabe fulled with treasures or a crystal cave with a bunch of jewelries in it.

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

QUOTE (maddy26 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 11:23)
Is it really necessary to make an new topic for this?

Is the site running out of space for new topics?

jamieleng
  • jamieleng

Chafing the Chimp is totally natural behaviour!

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:01 PM

What is the big deal about the sky. I mean, it's just empty air & clouds. Seriously, what's the point in even having it?

Oh & why is your username 'JohnTrovoltaHasASquareHEAD', was the username 'JohnTr a voltaHasASquareHEAD' already taken?

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

I think it will be great if there'a enough things to explore/look for down there.

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

QUOTE (jamieleng @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 13:01)
What is the big deal about the sky. I mean, it's just empty air & clouds. Seriously, what's the point in even having it?

Oh & why is your username 'JohnTrovoltaHasASquareHEAD', was the username 'JohnTr a voltaHasASquareHEAD' already taken?

I don't want John Travolta reading my nickname and going all Face Off on me and stealing my face like he stole Nicholas Cage's face.

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Godfather

• Australia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Yeah. I think this thread's done.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users