Quantcast

» «
Photo

Who's excited for the return of planes?

52 replies to this topic

Poll: Are you excited for planes returning? (253 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you excited for planes returning?

1. Yes, I am very excited. (184 votes [76.03%])

Percentage of vote: 76.03%

2. Yes, it'll be nice. (41 votes [16.94%])

Percentage of vote: 16.94%

3. I don't really care. (8 votes [3.31%])

Percentage of vote: 3.31%

4. No, I don't like planes. (2 votes [0.83%])

Percentage of vote: 0.83%

5. No, planes would ruin vibe. (7 votes [2.89%])

Percentage of vote: 2.89%

Vote Guests cannot vote
WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:52 PM Edited by WolfbackGames, 09 July 2013 - 11:44 PM.

I haven't really seen airplanes being discussed a whole lot lately, (whether I'm blind and they have been and I'm stupid, or it's not a popular subject), and I thought it would be interesting to bring up. I absolutely LOVED being able to fly airplanes in SA. After I finished the storyline, I would always find a jet and just zip around the map. When you first try and fly them, they were kind of funky to control, but after you got use to them, they were a great mean of travel.
user posted image

Now in GTAIV, R* decided not to add flyable airplanes due to the small map - completely understandable. We haven't been able to fly planes in the new Rage engine in the HD era yet, and I think it will be awesome to fly them in a more realistic fashion. I can't wait to see how they control in GTAV!

user posted image
user posted image
Edit: Now we've seen plane's in action. Pretty f*cking sexy:
user posted image

KingJames37
  • KingJames37

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:02 AM

I'm excited at the possibility we will be able to fly commercial airplanes... but I won't be disappointed if not. Just give me a jet!

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

Im so excited for flying planes! Im sure they will nail the flying controls so it feels natural and easy to fly. I cant wait to see the damage on these planes, i hope its more realistic than in San Andreas where they blow up so easily after just slightly bumping something. I want wings coming off making it harder to control until it catches fire and then explodes.

Something to think about is how flying will work in multiplayer. Im sure when your trying to take off annoying people will try to block you, damaging your plane and making it impossible to get airborne. But i guess thats just part of the fun, once you finally are able to take off without disruption, it will be more satisfying.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:17 AM

I'm not that bothered. Sure, you'll be getting a nice perspective of the map, but air travel isn't half as fun as getting lost in the middle of the wilderness or bustling city and navigating your way through the map coming across tons of goings on from peds and crazy drivers. Planes are convenient for long-distance travel, but that's about it. Although the parachuting would be impossible without aircraft, but that's another thing altogether.

EmmitBrown
  • EmmitBrown

Lord Lero

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:25 AM

Im still addicted to the dodo. Id love it if a cropped wing plane was in the game. Even if its not im gonna LOVE all the planes they include. And then ill try to put rims on it. Soul plane.

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

Just had a thought: Imagine if you could customize the planes. Say you have an airliner, and you want to have more powerful engines so you can go faster. That'd be sick!

matt_be
  • matt_be

Driver.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

Right now I'm not too excited about it, but I'm glad they will be in the game. Once the game comes out and I hop in one in "Grand Theft Auto Online" I think I'll be more excited to be back in a jet.

Seenyour31
  • Seenyour31

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

I'm stoked about the return of planes, esp. fighter jets, hoping for at least 3 different military fighters.

tinman187
  • tinman187

DoUgHbOi

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (WolfbackGames @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:28)
Just had a thought: Imagine if you could customize the planes. Say you have an airliner, and you want to have more powerful engines so you can go faster. That'd be sick!

First thing that came to mind after reading your post

user posted image

EmmitBrown
  • EmmitBrown

Lord Lero

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:48 AM

QUOTE (tinman187 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:36)
user posted image

yep...thats what i was talking about in the post before

RatedRviper
  • RatedRviper

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:39 AM

Of course I'm excited!! Planes will feel more realistic,we will have chance to fly them FIRST TIME ever in RAGE and Euphoria engine....

But I think we won't be able to fly big passanger planes....only small ones like Cuban confused.gif

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:49 AM

QUOTE (RatedRviper @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 01:39)
Of course I'm excited!! Planes will feel more realistic,we will have chance to fly them FIRST TIME ever in RAGE and Euphoria engine....

But I think we won't be able to fly big passanger planes....only small ones like Cuban confused.gif

In the one screenshot I have in the OP, you can see Trevor piloting a large plane, so idk. We'll see when the game comes out!

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:51 AM

No, planes would ruin the vibe

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

STILL DON'T GIVE A FUKK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 01:51)

Then stick to IV...I guarantee you are in the minority if you do not want planes in V...especially considering the map size.

Racecarlock
  • Racecarlock

The floor here will kill you, try to avoid it.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:09 AM

QUOTE (Dale Nixon @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 18:51)

Oh yes, planes totally feel out of place in a game that lets people wield and fire miniguns and rednecks crash trains.

Planes are my favorite travel method. Just get out of here dude. If you want IV, go play IV.

ugotsmoked
  • ugotsmoked

STILL DON'T GIVE A FUKK.

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:10 AM

I am hoping we can shoot down those big airliners that we see Trevor flying in.

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

i was kidding. relax.

z06z33
  • z06z33

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:27 AM Edited by z06z33, 28 June 2013 - 02:31 AM.

QUOTE (COASTERPUNK @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:09)
Im so excited for flying planes! Im sure they will nail the flying controls so it feels natural and easy to fly. I cant wait to see the damage on these planes, i hope its more realistic than in San Andreas where they blow up so easily after just slightly bumping something. I want wings coming off making it harder to control until it catches fire and then explodes.

Something to think about is how flying will work in multiplayer. Im sure when your trying to take off annoying people will try to block you, damaging your plane and making it impossible to get airborne. But i guess thats just part of the fun, once you finally are able to take off without disruption, it will be more satisfying.

Uhhh you do realize that if you knocked one wing off a plane it would just spin into the ground right. I'm a pilot I know these things I hope the planes take skills to fly like in FSX and have the damage model of IL2 I always hated in San Andres how unrealistic the planes were to fly. I hope we have working gauges in the cockpits so I can fly in bad weather

take a look at this

Luddite
  • Luddite

Ho Rider

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:32 AM Edited by Luddite, 28 June 2013 - 03:22 AM.

I'm stoked about the autogyro. If any aircraft could be customizable that would be it.

They are popular around the Salton Sea so I expect Trevor or Ron to have one.

The open cockpit (and sometimes footpedal steering) and slow airspeed should allow for gta-style drive-by shooting techniques.

Anywho I think they're really cool.

user posted image

Leafy Hollow
  • Leafy Hollow

Chief Marketing Officer for Trevor Phillip's Interprise

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

GTA III plane with cut off wings FTW.
OT: I'm stoked

IveGotNoValues
  • IveGotNoValues

Half Mexican/half white...I'm a vanilla bean!

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:35 AM

Why does everyone doubt you can fly big airliner planes. I believe we will be able to. In Michaels trailer we see that big airliner landing. Isnt that sort of confirmation that were gonna be able to fly them?
And if not, for what reason wouldn't we be able to?

Xayias
  • Xayias

Twitter @ItsThatJeremyC

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:37 AM

PLANES! biggrin.gif

EmmitBrown
  • EmmitBrown

Lord Lero

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:38 AM

QUOTE (COASTERPUNK @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:35)
Why does everyone doubt you can fly big airliner planes. I believe we will be able to. In Michaels trailer we see that big airliner landing. Isnt that sort of confirmation that were gonna be able to fly them?

Because we'll fly them into buildings. But SA had big planes.

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:41 AM

QUOTE (z06z33 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:27)
QUOTE (COASTERPUNK @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:09)

Uhhh you do realize that if you knocked one wing off a plane it would just spin into the ground right. I'm a pilot I know these things I hope the planes take skills to fly like in FSX and have the damage model of IL2 I always hated in San Andres how unrealistic the planes were to fly. I hope we have working gauges in the cockpits so I can fly in bad weather

take a look at this

I'm really hoping for realistic flying as well. In a way, it would kind of make sense with the whole "flying skill" thing R*has mentioned. How else could they make Trevor better at flying a plane than Michael and Franklin? I guess they could do something similar to what happens when you drink and drive in IV, but that doesn't seem like a proper solution.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

In planes control like ass then I won't use them much.

RatedRviper
  • RatedRviper

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:53 AM

QUOTE (COASTERPUNK @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:35)

Big planes were landing in GTA 4 too,but you couldn't drive them or damage.

ChocoFrosty
  • ChocoFrosty

Trolley Surfing

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:56 AM

QUOTE (WolfbackGames @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:52)
Now in GTAIV, R* decided not to add flyable airplanes due to the small map - completely understandable.

It's not really understandable to me.

GTA III had the Dodo, and even VCS had the Biplane and Skimmer.

I think R* didn't want to take the time needed to develop the physics for planes. It was just another thing left out of IV. (I love and still play IV, by the way).

WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

QUOTE (ChocoFrosty @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:56)
QUOTE (WolfbackGames @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:52)
Now in GTAIV, R* decided not to add flyable airplanes due to the small map - completely understandable.

It's not really understandable to me.

GTA III had the Dodo, and even VCS had the Biplane and Skimmer.

I think R* didn't want to take the time needed to develop the physics for planes. It was just another thing left out of IV. (I love and still play IV, by the way).

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that they actually were working on a Dodo in IV, but then took it out. Some of the code is still in the engine, but you can't fly it or anything.

Nemesis2252
  • Nemesis2252

Arch Enemy

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:08 AM

i had serious problems trying to control the planes in San Andreas on the PS2 when it came to planes like the dodo and the stuntplane. the jets and passenger planes were much easier to control, and i did indeed love flying those. im hoping they refined the planes handling in V (they should have, its been 9 years tounge.gif )

Miamivicecity
  • Miamivicecity

Camp Crystal Lake

• Australia
  • Best Member In An Official Group 2012

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

I'm looking forward to flying a plane straight into some random field and seeing how the physics react.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users