Quantcast

» «
Photo

Is anyone else annoyed at the lack of gameplay?

86 replies to this topic
Emmi
  • Emmi

Li'l G Loc

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:10 AM

No, I'm happy that Rockstar doesn't show gameplay videos for GTAV.

That's just for new franchises of them or new entries that have changed dramatically gameplay wise.

killdrivetheftvehicle
  • killdrivetheftvehicle

GTA Enthusiast

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

No, I don't find it annoying at all. But I find it really annoying that every time I look at this section of the forum, there is a thread like this. mad.gif

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Because Rockstar wants to keep the gameplay "fresh". In other words, they're very cocky when it comes to GTA and think people will buy it just because it's GTA, and they're right. This is why we never see GTA gameplay before release. Rockstar fanboys vigilantly defend this marketing tactic by saying stuff like, "This is Rockstar we're talking about", "they're not other Ubisoft/EA/Activision/etc. that shows everything before release".

SonOfLiberty
  • SonOfLiberty

Tainted

• Antarctica

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:04 PM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 22:27)
Because Rockstar wants to keep the gameplay "fresh". In other words, they're very cocky when it comes to GTA and think people will buy it just because it's GTA, and they're right. This is why we never see GTA gameplay before release. Rockstar fanboys vigilantly defend this marketing tactic by saying stuff like, "This is Rockstar we're talking about", "they're not other Ubisoft/EA/Activision/etc. that shows everything before release".

I'm not sure it's a sign of cockiness. I believe it's because they want to preserve that first impression.

If anything I find it cocky when developers show everything before release. It just comes across as "Look at me, look at me". Take SRTT for example.

copperrobber
  • copperrobber

My idol is Sam Houser

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:08 PM

i want to experience the gameplay myself, i dont need them to show it for us.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 04:04)
QUOTE (golf wang @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 22:27)

I'm not sure it's a sign of cockiness. I believe it's because they want to preserve that first impression.

If anything I find it cocky when developers show everything before release. It just comes across as "Look at me, look at me". Take SRTT for example.

I guess that's another way of looking at it tounge.gif I kinda like it too that they don't show anything, it does keep the gameplay somewhat fresh. I just wish they'd show one gameplay video, lol.

yakprince
  • yakprince

Doughboy

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

Not annoyed at all, I'd like finding out how the hud looks on launch day much rather than seeing it beforehand in a video or screenshot. Would feel so much better.

Macabro
  • Macabro

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:09 PM

I think the OP knows how R* does things.

He's just saying he doesnt like it.

I think it's a little arrogant on their part to assume that everyone should just believe the game will be so good there will never be any reason to actually check out what you're gonna buy. (On release day of course, cause after that you can check the game out before you buy it. Which I recommend anyone who isnt sure how the game will be , to do.)

I would like to see the some gameplay but it's not a big issue since I truly believe the game will be fantastic.

One day... Maybe 2 or 3 GTA's down the line,some GTA is going to suck or at least fall to 2nd or 3rd place behind some other games, and then they will be forced to show early gameplay to win people back.

At this point though, theyve made good enough games that most of us trust them.

bfett21
  • bfett21

The scourge of Carpathia

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

I'm fine with no gameplay.

gbadriv3r
  • gbadriv3r

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

feels like gta is just a movie

rjmthe2nd
  • rjmthe2nd

Playa

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE (redx165 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:37)
GTA V is going to play the same as GTA IV, RDR, and MP3. Why do we really need a gameplay video?

wrong... the movement will be similar to GTA IV,But Graphics looks liek RDR, And Gameplay will be like MP3...

CoolDust
  • CoolDust

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

Its been this way for every GTA, they show absolutely no gameplay before launch. At least I sure as hell seen none... Its better this way, it means everything will be fresh and everyone goes in blind.

Grand_Theft_Coupe
  • Grand_Theft_Coupe

Trick

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:00 PM

To be honest, I think it's best for GTAV anyway! Why are you people still asking for videos showing gameplay footage? R* never showed gameplay footage for any of their GTA games, so why do so now with GTAV. I personally think it's good that their not showing things like that because, it keeps everything fresh when seeing the game for the first time after you've brought it (or pre-ordered). It will only ruin that first time experience! icon14.gif sly.gif

Dre23
  • Dre23

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:30 PM

Actually I'm just annoyed at threads like this. This isn't the first Rockstar Game so far. It won't be that different from the others (RDR, GTA IV)... suicidal.gif

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:58 AM

QUOTE (Audiophile @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:42)
But that being said it won't happen with V. It didn't happen for IV and it won't for V because the Housers stated they want the first time you play the game to be a fresh experience that you're seeing for the first time.

So much for that wink.gif

kjacked
  • kjacked

soldier

• BUSTED!

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:00 AM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 07:58)
QUOTE (Audiophile @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 15:42)
But that being said it won't happen with V. It didn't happen for IV and it won't for V because the Housers stated they want the first time you play the game to be a fresh experience that you're seeing for the first time.

So much for that wink.gif

i said the same thing. i never dreamed they would show gameplay. cant say im upset about it though biggrin.gif

d3ex2
  • d3ex2

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

QUOTE (d3ex2 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 11:23)
QUOTE (Palm3 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 11:10)
Is anyone else annoyed about stupid topics? icon13.gif

I'm sick of people complaining about no gameplay.

ROCKSTAR. DOES. NOT. RELEASE. GTA. GAMEPLAY. VIDEOS.

So no I'm not disappointed. I prefer it this way. I can wait until I actually play it. Not seeing it creates a bit more hype and excitement. We don't need to see gameplay because if you have actually played a GTA game before then you know what it's like.

I bet most of the people whining about no gameplay would be the ones complaining if there was a gameplay video that graphix suck or they don't like the mini map or how switching works. Always complaining about something.

I take it back! blush.gif

Still not gonna watch the video though.

alex3
  • alex3

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:42 AM

Legendary thread icon14.gif

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:49 AM

There are probably so many "told you so" threads to be found on the V forum. The people who said Families weren't coming back, those who said we wouldn't have multiple protagonists, people who said there would never be day one DLC, and of course, the people who said we would never see GTA gameplay released by Rockstar before launch.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:51 AM

Special Order Incentives aren't really Day One DLC.

For one thing we don't know if they will be available for purchase on Day One. Day One DLC is usually additional content made available on Day One beyond whatever incentives they gave to Gamestop and a few other retailers.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 00:51)
Special Order Incentives aren't really Day One DLC.

For one thing we don't know if they will be available for purchase on Day One. Day One DLC is usually additional content made available on Day One beyond whatever incentives they gave to Gamestop and a few other retailers.

Well exclusive pre-order digital content, people thought Rockstar would never do it.

F4L?
  • F4L?

Well I'm sorry, Princess.

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:53 AM

Gameplay trailers spoil it to much,

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:54 AM

Didn't they do it on both Red Dead Redemption and LA Noire?

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:55 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 00:54)

Yup. People were shocked that they decided to do it with GTA though, they started comparing Rockstar to EA and Activision and sh*t like that.

GlitzyTomb
  • GlitzyTomb

Homie

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:56 AM

People are silly sometimes.

golf wang
  • golf wang

Bout that life

• Members

Posted 03 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 00:56)
People are silly sometimes.

I agree. It's obvious that this GTA is really a bold new direction. A lot of things seem different this time around. I really appreciate that about Rockstar, they don't do the same sh*t over and over again. icon14.gif

alex3
  • alex3

Homeboy

• Members
  • None

Posted 03 July 2013 - 09:01 AM

QUOTE (golf wang @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 08:55)
QUOTE (GlitzyTomb @ Wednesday, Jul 3 2013, 00:54)

Yup. People were shocked that they decided to do it with GTA though, they started comparing Rockstar to EA and Activision and sh*t like that.

They also did it with Max Payne 3. In other words, every game released after Rockstar introduced the Gameplay Video Series.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users