• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Its not important.

deathdealer
  • deathdealer

The Yardies

• The Yardies

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

seeing that MGS V and a recent game that was released deals with child violence, I believe that GTA is possibly ready to see some children around the age of 15 and above roaming it's world. However, like the games mentioned, it has to be done in a good way. Can rockstar do it? that's the true question.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:58 PM

QUOTE (deathdealer @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 16:52)
Can rockstar do it? that's the true question.

I believe so since from GTA IV the stories R* tell in there games are much more mature.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

QUOTE (poklane @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 10:32)
I can see why people would bitch about being able to shoot kids/teens in a game, but didn't MW3 show a 8 year old girl getting blown up by Russian terrorists in WW3 in London? Never heard people bitch about that.

Yea, well, close, here is the scene, it's an interactive cutscene, and a bio attack:

Single player of that game was pretty intense, as far as the thrill-ride aspect of cod goes, that was a visceral experience.

As far as kids being in GTA - well, after some thought, it would not be hard to make a "friendly mode" for firing where you simply cannot shoot a bullet if your crosshair is on a kid. Same as they always have the protags be "too cool" to smoke the joint with truth or do the line with vlad, they can also have them be classy enough not to shoot kids.

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Rat

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:45 PM Edited by gtafaninwest, 28 June 2013 - 06:55 PM.

It would be a huge deal to the politically correct crowd, females (especially mommies), breeders in general, lawyers, and politicians if kids/teens were included in the series.

Many seem to forget there was an infant in VCS, an in-game child in Mafia, and kids in Skyrim.

/Tuomaz
  • /Tuomaz

ドリフト

• Members
  • Finland

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:03 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:48)
Actually there already is kids in it. They showed 2 kids in the 5 trailers. The son is obviously a teenager which would be considered a child/kid.
They never confirmed the kids ages though but they look under 18 and act it.

But, friends can't be killed in V, according to previews.

schuirmann23man
  • schuirmann23man

Square Civilian

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:26 PM

Well it would probably be like AC3 where you can't kill them.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:14 PM Edited by Official General, 28 June 2013 - 08:28 PM.

QUOTE (Lightning Strike @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 14:35)
QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:33)
QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:08)
Yet another boring topic?

YES

And yes again, children in GTA has been discussed many times. The subject has been brought up many times before by weirdos like you who are obsessed with seeing kids in GTA and being able to do bad things to them.

Clearly you lack the ability to comprehend immersion.

Yeah, because you and the rest of the other guys on here who think like you are so hard and tough just because you think it's cool to kill children in video games.

You all sit behind a PC screen promoting this virtual child killer bullsh*t like you are hardcore, when in fact you are just a bunch of geeky, punk b*tch pussies. I bet in real life if you guys were challenged in the street to a fight by some random thug, you'd be sh*tting giant bricks in your underwear in an instant, or drop to your knees crying and begging for dear life before you even got so much as a slap.

If killing children in GTA or any video games is your idea of immersion, then YES I DON'T COMPREHEND IT, AND I DON'T WANT TO EITHER.

nathan456
  • nathan456

Cant Be Touched

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:16 PM

I would like kids in the game, im 15 so about my age but 13 at the lowest. And it wouldnt be so i could kill them, it would add realism. Think about it. L.A/L.S. Gang capital of america. There is probably 10 year olds walking the streets of L.A Rocking the blue and red flags. Or hispanics.

Just think how cool it would be if you were in South L.S and you have no guns and a big group of kids come at you with guns and start jacking your sh** how funny would that be?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE (nathan456 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:16)
I would like kids in the game, im 15 so about my age but 13 at the lowest. And it wouldnt be so i could kill them, it would add realism. Think about it. L.A/L.S. Gang capital of america. There is probably 10 year olds walking the streets of L.A Rocking the blue and red flags. Or hispanics.

Just think how cool it would be if you were in South L.S and you have no guns and a big group of kids come at you with guns and start jacking your sh** how funny would that be?

That has already kinda happened in GTA IV. Some of the Black and Hispanic street gang members appear as young men or guys possibly in their late teens (17or 18 to 21 years old). If it's done like that, then having teens won't be so bad, because many street gang members in the USA are often in their teens.

As for young kids ? Well that is just a straight no for me.

Mig10
  • Mig10

Peon

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:56 PM

I don't want kids, to be honest how many times you pick on kids right on down-town, basically in IV it didn't look weird, of course if you add suburbs it'll start looking weird.

nathan456
  • nathan456

Cant Be Touched

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:59 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:23)
QUOTE (nathan456 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 20:16)
I would like kids in the game, im 15 so about my age but 13 at the lowest. And it wouldnt be so i could kill them, it would add realism. Think about it. L.A/L.S.  Gang capital of america. There is probably 10 year olds walking the streets of L.A Rocking the blue and red flags. Or hispanics.

That has already kinda happened in GTA IV. Some of the Black and Hispanic street gang members appear as young men or guys possibly in their late teens (17or 18 to 21 years old). If it's done like that, then having teens won't be so bad, because many street gang members in the USA are often in their teens.

As for young kids ? Well that is just a straight no for me.

That is true but the lowest possible age would be 13/14 for me But 15+ would be best as gang members. And yeah them real skinny black and hispanic gang members did look really young, under 21 for sure IMO

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

The Bad Fella

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Wouldn't bother me really. Any choice would be alright wink.gif

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:02 PM

QUOTE (gtafaninwest @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 19:45)
It would be a huge deal to the politically correct crowd, females (especially mommies), breeders in general, lawyers, and politicians if kids/teens were included in the series.

Many seem to forget there was an infant in VCS, an in-game child in Mafia, and kids in Skyrim.

But in VCS the infant only in cut scenes, if I remember correctly.

DS 17
  • DS 17

om nom nom

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE (brian. @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 17:21)
QUOTE (poklane @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 10:32)
I can see why people would bitch about being able to shoot kids/teens in a game, but didn't MW3 show a 8 year old girl getting blown up by Russian terrorists in WW3 in London? Never heard people bitch about that.

Yea, well, close, here is the scene, it's an interactive cutscene, and a bio attack:

Single player of that game was pretty intense, as far as the thrill-ride aspect of cod goes, that was a visceral experience.

As far as kids being in GTA - well, after some thought, it would not be hard to make a "friendly mode" for firing where you simply cannot shoot a bullet if your crosshair is on a kid. Same as they always have the protags be "too cool" to smoke the joint with truth or do the line with vlad, they can also have them be classy enough not to shoot kids.

Wow, that came unexpected. This is a very impressive scene and I always thought it would not matter having children ingame without any specials like not shooting them, but while watching this video, I had deep emotions for this child as knowing there will happen something bad to her. So after I have seen that, there should be - like some already said - a friendly mod for kids, so they can not be shot. Anyway, this would effect gameplay to be more unrealistic, so I doubt they will include children, not even in the next title besides V.

//E: Sorry for double post, but I am not able to mix both up to a single post unfortunately.

Redwood Cigarettes
  • Redwood Cigarettes

The R★ Games Collector.

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:11 PM Edited by Sam_S_Rosevelt, 28 June 2013 - 09:14 PM.

Children are almost always made invincible when featured in video games.
(Yes, people have made mods for Fallout & Skyrim etc to make them killable)
In the case of that MW3 video, you don't ever actually 'see' the child move or harmed by the explosion, it is only implied and covered by special effects. (Which is how they 'got away with it')

In GTA especially though, I feel it wouldn't feel it right.
The game is in a modern-day, open world setting, where you can kill anyone in a variety of ways from water,land or air.
The addition of blood and GTA's realistic ragdoll physics (with bodies flying and falling realistically based on force) just makes the whole thing a no-go.

I get 'Immersion' and all but if you are that adamant on killing children, then I think you probably have an issue.

gta5freemode4eva
  • gta5freemode4eva

Foot Soldier

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:43 PM

Dan Houser said no to children. No. Not now. Not ever... whether this goes for teens (still kids) is to be seen.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:53 PM

QUOTE (Sam_S_Rosevelt @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 13:11)
In GTA especially though, I feel it wouldn't feel it right.
The game is in a modern-day, open world setting, where you can kill anyone in a variety of ways from water,land or air.
The addition of blood and GTA's realistic ragdoll physics (with bodies flying and falling realistically based on force) just makes the whole thing a no-go.

I do feel like the physics really do make it more real too. First time I saw how well the physics in Manhunt were done it was pretty disturbing, but I also feel like, giving the NPCs actual life cycles gives us a higher level of freedom. The ability to simply go to a park and watch a family have a picnic then the father gets up and plays catch with the kid, that's kinda of cool. Maybe it rains and they run to a car, or maybe it doesn't. Maybe they have a dog, maybe they don't. That can be a memory, violence doesn't necessarily have to be associated with it. A few people would have the inclination to run over the first kid they see, but after they did the novelty would wear off pretty quickly (look at when they added hookers).

GTA is all about freedom, and that freedom can be used by people to be sick or serious as demonstrated in this thread.

RedDaggerXL
  • RedDaggerXL

Crash test dummy

• Members
  • United-Kingdom

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

Pedestrians are just ragdolls for you to kill in various ways for most people, having smaller ragdolls (i.e. children) wouldn't affect that much, except if you went up to a child and purposefully shot it because it was a child. That doesn't add to gameplay or fun for most people, since you already do that for normal pedestrians. Unless you really hate children or something, there isn't really reason to add them.

If it would cater to enough people though, then following the above add it by all means. I just don't see a large amount of people begging specifically to kill children.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:02 PM

QUOTE (RedDaggerXL @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 13:57)
If it would cater to enough people though, then following the above add it by all means. I just don't see a large amount of people begging specifically to kill children.

I don't understand why the emphasis is on killing children. One of the coolest, small touches in GTA 4 was that, if you were running past someone, they would drop their coffee: it greatly added to the immersion in some small way.

If sirens blared past and tires screeched, a father picking up their small kid would also add a lot.

TheDeaconBosco
  • TheDeaconBosco

A car so nice, they've named it twice

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 22:02)

I don't understand why the emphasis is on killing children. One of the coolest, small touches in GTA 4 was that, if you were running past someone, they would drop their coffee: it greatly added to the immersion in some small way.

If sirens blared past and tires screeched, a father picking up their small kid would also add a lot.
Why all the emphasis on killing. I thought it was already settled that GTA wasn't a murder simulator (note: it's a haircut simulator).

You obviously didn't see the "Torturing Pediestrians" thread a few days back... turn.gif

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

QUOTE (Deacon Bosco @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 22:04)
QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 22:02)

Why all the emphasis on killing. I thought it was already settled that GTA wasn't a murder simulator (note: it's a haircut simulator).

You obviously didn't see the "Torturing Pediestrians" thread a few days back... turn.gif

There are people who play Sims just to torture them by locking them inside rooms, pools (before they could get out without ladder) etc..
Those who want to, will find a way to kill people in Farm Simulator if they want to. Others just want to play in a nice, game environment.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:57 PM

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 23:02)

Agreed. As already said before ironically those who don't want any aged pedestrians in the game are the ones going on and on about killing kids where as those for having any aged pedestrians in the game just want it in there to make the world feel more alive and don't even care about killing kids. It's somewhat amusing to be honest. turn.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 29 June 2013 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE (RedDaggerXL @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 21:57)
Pedestrians are just ragdolls for you to kill in various ways for most people, having smaller ragdolls (i.e. children) wouldn't affect that much, except if you went up to a child and purposefully shot it because it was a child. That doesn't add to gameplay or fun for most people, since you already do that for normal pedestrians. Unless you really hate children or something, there isn't really reason to add them.

Bravo icon14.gif

My point exactly. Well I'm guessing these guys wanting it must have some kind of hate for children.

No, wait, it's very fun and immersion right ? sarcasm.gif

gtafaninwest
  • gtafaninwest

Rat

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 01:10 AM

QUOTE (RedDaggerXL @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 21:57)

I guess you're right. Children aren't necessary in-game. But there's always broads in-game that can be used for target practice.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 30 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

Having kids in gta would be like the movie scene in the link.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:00 AM Edited by Gigabomber, 05 July 2013 - 08:02 AM.

Ahem. Necro'd.

http://web.archive.o...56706-2,00.html

semi-proof that GTA 3 originally had children. Grabbed it from this page from the "Features that won't make it" thread:

http://gta.wikia.com...ses#cite_note-1

TheGTAClaude
  • TheGTAClaude

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 05 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

QUOTE (EmmitBrown @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:39)
How old is Michael's daughter? I've always wanted kids in the game but I understand why they would be left out.

Isn't Michaels' son about 16 and arent all you guys underestimating R* again like some some of us did back when R* was threatining the media about releasing GTA

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users