Children / Teens in a Future GTA

147 replies to this topic
Noclue_42
  • Noclue_42

How much for the ape?!

• Members
  • Germany

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:06 AM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:48)
Actually there already is kids in it. They showed 2 kids in the 5 trailers. The son is obviously a teenager which would be considered a child/kid.
They never confirmed the kids ages though but they look under 18 and act it.

daughter is like 19-21 years old...son is like 22-25

DeadZombie
  • DeadZombie

Sons Of Ditka - Leader

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (Noclue_42 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 04:06)
QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:48)
Actually there already is kids in it. They showed 2 kids in the 5 trailers. The son is obviously a teenager which would be considered a child/kid.
They never confirmed the kids ages though but they look under 18 and act it.

daughter is like 19-21 years old...son is like 22-25

Plus the youth is based off SoCal. So they all act like children till. Like 60

Dale Nixon
  • Dale Nixon

methane on my mind

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:02 AM Edited by Dale Nixon, 28 June 2013 - 05:08 AM.

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 01:32)
QUOTE (Official General @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:24)
-snip-

Me: Different aged pedestrians will add more realism to the game.

Tweedledum and Tweedledee: OMG!!! you want to kill children! You sick bastard you need locking up! You clearly don't have kids yourself, I know everything about you and you don't know anything about GTA!!!!!

The last few pages in short. monocle.gif

The odd thing is that the people attacking you for your views are the ones that constantly have the idea of killing children in a GTA game. More than most of the others as a matter of fact.

Everyone understands that we're talking about GTA so if children were put in the streets of the game like any other pedestrian we logically assume that they would be killed many, many times. However, wwinterj's point that society isn't mature enough for children in a massive open-world sandbox game like GTA stands tall: no one's forcing you to kill the kids. Anyone who doesn't want to kill kids most likely wouldn't ever have to unless it's an accident or, more unlikely, a cutscene or scripted in-game feature. Just like the real murderous world where murder rates are rampant and increasing and decreasing as they please; kids walk around on the street and I sure hope you don't automatically think about them dying or you or someone else killing them just because they're there. Besides, obviously we're talking video games here, not the grand actual reality outside.

GTA has come a long way from being mainly about mindless spree-killing to something that can stand among the greatest works of art in whatever field.

All in all, personally I don't really see such a need in adding children in GTA at the current time, but who knows what's going to happen in years to come. The new MGS seems to be heading towards a lot of controversy with its involvement of themes such as child prisoners and child soldiers in the game.

C4RR4NZ4
  • C4RR4NZ4

Peerless

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

There was a baby in Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories.

DAWeeE1
  • DAWeeE1

Peon

• Members
  • Sweden

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:33 AM

With teens that look like they're over 16, I don't think it would be such a problem, they could even be discrete with it, children under 16 however? I doubt that.

szmty
  • szmty

Hi Ho

• Members
  • Mexico

Posted 28 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Well, as in all other threads about this, I've got to say no. It wouldn't add much to the game other than little kids crying and hiding during random rampages and explosions. Also, it would generate a lot of controversy (much more than the one we know there's gonna be).

Why would there be controversy?
Because, although the kids in the game would (obviously) be pure fiction, they'd still represent real children. They'd still look 'real' and recognizable. And IMO people will always care more about kids even if they're fake.

Also, I think it's enough with what we already have. There's enough variety of peds already, there's no need for children. It would look more realistic, and I agree, but I think we'd be reaching the "Steak" zone.

tom_p1980
  • tom_p1980

Semi-Retired Forum Junkie

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 June 2013 - 07:38 AM Edited by tom_p1980, 28 June 2013 - 07:43 AM.

Don't see the point of having kids in the game because they would add nothing to the gameplay. At least with animals you can hunt or be the hunted with kids what benefit to the gamer do they give? nothing. Just a ton of controversy and legal headaches for Rockstar.

The only argument for having kids in the game is that you can kill them, but no one would dare take that side of the argument because it's a stupid argument to stand by, and anyone who did take that side of the argument deserves to be shot down in flames.

Now I know in The Last of Us the girl at the beginning, Sarah, is killed by the soldier but that was part of the plot, an integral part of the story, and you never actually see her get hit and that is how they could get away with it in that game without controversy. In GTA it would be visible for all to see, and thats a situation Rockstar, rightly, don't want to be in.

TehTacoGuy
  • TehTacoGuy

Half taco, half human.

• Members
  • Australia

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

QUOTE (C4RR4NZ4 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 13:27)
There was a baby in Grand Theft Auto Vice City Stories.

Only in some cutscenes. Never in actual gameplay.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:40 AM

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:28)
QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 18:14)
QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 01:59)
To argue that I can't drive over a kid with a car after playing through this mission is...amusing.

Like I said to your pal earlier, you better not have children. You might one day wanna be "amused" and feel that GTA was not real enough enough to "amuse" you.

Anyway to all you weirdos fantasizing about killing kids in GTA - it's not gonna happen, go and make your own game if you want it so bad. And don't have kids or go near kids either. Just to be on the safe side.

Goodnight.

Well honestly, that is the summary I was hoping to see: If you want to see kids in the game to make it more realistic for ANY reason, you are a potential pedophile/child murderer in real life and you should be careful.

Sage Advice.

NOTE: I did like to see Link prancing around in those sexy tights holding that phallic sword in Ocarina of Time, so you're spot on.

So.. if we kill adults in GTA we must be potential rapist/killers in real life and everyone around us should be carefull?

alex3
  • alex3

\m/ o_o \m/

• Members
  • Norway

Posted 28 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

It always creeps me out when someone mention that they want children in GTA.
It wont add anything to the game except controversy.

K20
  • K20

suckmyrocket

• Members
  • None

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

QUOTE (Boss7dm @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 02:30)
I hope see a lot of teens in GTA V

so we can blow them up with a RPG?

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Besides the much quoted 'sense of realism' (which I think is a pointless reason anyway), what exactly would the inclusion if children give to the series?

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:54 PM Edited by wwinterj, 28 June 2013 - 12:57 PM.

QUOTE (tom_p1980 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 08:38)
Now I know in The Last of Us the girl at the beginning, Sarah, is killed by the soldier but that was part of the plot, an integral part of the story, and you never actually see her get hit and that is how they could get away with it in that game without controversy. In GTA it would be visible for all to see, and thats a situation Rockstar, rightly, don't want to be in.

This is off topic a little but:

The Last of Us spoilers.
In the Last of Us you get to control Ellie who is a 14 year old girl. She kills in a brutal way, can be killed in a brutal way and she almost gets rapped. Naughty Dog get away with it because of the context it's done in. I find it adds to the story and makes the story that more powerful

As I said before games are slowly growing up. I'm surprised Naughty Dog didn't get a crap of complaints from these "protect the children" folk. I'm happy they didn't though because if you have a story to tell you should be able to tell that story even if it involves controversial issues.

reform
  • reform

Beaten, battered, bruised, Told to get down

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:00 PM

You didn't find any other threads on this subject? I just did a search and found about 100 threads about kids in GTA and only about 2 thirds of them are locked.

Not that there's much left to discuss on the subject anyway.

jolzew1
  • jolzew1

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

It will never happen. Not in a million years. The reasons are obvious and it would be PR suicide for R* to ever incorporate kids into a GTA.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

IIRC, What Originally caused GTA's massive success, Was metric assloads of controversy and bad press feedback.

In the context of GTA, Controversy = Good.

brian.
  • brian.

Possible Descendant Of Kraff

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:43 PM

Michael's children are children. ph34r.gif

And babies been in GTA before.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014
    Best Member in the OGA 2012

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

I'm actually interested in how much attention Michael's kids being in GTA V will get from the media. We'll probably be able to hang out with them like A & H in TBOGT.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 15:29)
I'm actually interested in how much attention Michael's kids being in GTA V will get from the media. We'll probably be able to hang out with them like A & H in TBOGT.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of Michael's missions involve them in someway.

poklane
  • poklane

So now what?

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:32 PM

I can see why people would bitch about being able to shoot kids/teens in a game, but didn't MW3 show a 8 year old girl getting blown up by Russian terrorists in WW3 in London? Never heard people bitch about that.

Finite
  • Finite

Lazarus

• Members
  • None
  • Discussion Award [Gaming]
    Literary Prowess [General Chat]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:33)
QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:08)
Yet another boring topic?

YES

And yes again, children in GTA has been discussed many times. The subject has been brought up many times before by weirdos like you who are obsessed with seeing kids in GTA and being able to do bad things to them.

Clearly you lack the ability to comprehend immersion.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:35 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 01:31)
QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 15:29)

I wouldn't be at all surprised if some of Michael's missions involve them in someway.

That scene from trailer two with Jimmy swinging on the yacht looks like a mission.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:38 PM

QUOTE (Miamivicecity @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 15:35)
That scene from trailer two with Jimmy swinging on the yacht looks like a mission.

I got that impression also and the "let's bounce" thing. monocle.gif

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:41 PM

There was a baby in GTA VCS in cutscene only and there wasn't any controversy about the baby, i wouldn't be against having kids in GTA as long as they were invincible, when the players aims their weapon at the kid an x would appear on the crosshairs stopping the player from opening fire on the kid, there was a similar system in Red Faction 2 an x would appear on the crosshairs when a gun was aimed at a civilian though that didn't stop the civilian from being killed.

Killerdude
  • Killerdude

And Remember, Respect is Everything!

• The Yardies
  • Canada

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

QUOTE (pyramid head @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 08:41)
There was a baby in GTA VCS in cutscene only and there wasn't any controversy about the baby, i wouldn't be against having kids in GTA as long as they were invincible, when the players aims their weapon at the kid an x would appear on the crosshairs stopping the player from opening fire on the kid, there was a similar system in Red Faction 2 an x would appear on the crosshairs when a gun was aimed at a civilian though that didn't stop the civilian from being killed.

That would suck copious amounts of dick, It was one my most hated things in games like Skyrim, Having annoying, unkillable characters in a game where you kill every living thing in the known universe would suck VERY hard.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 15:46)
That would suck copious amounts of dick, It was one my most hated things in games like Skyrim, Having annoying, unkillable characters in a game where you kill every living thing in the known universe would suck VERY hard.

Agreed. I'd rather them not be in at all if that was the case as it brakes the immersion.

TheOtherRyan
  • TheOtherRyan

Soviet Connection

• Australia
  • Best Poster [GTA] 2014

Posted 28 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

QUOTE (pyramid head @ Saturday, Jun 29 2013, 01:41)

The reason the inclusion of Louise's baby didn't cause a stir is she wasn't put in harm's way. That's why I think Michael's kids being in GTA V may stir the pot.

Then again 16 year old Jack in RDR almost got torn to shreds by a grizzly and no one seemed to care. So...

pyramid head
  • pyramid head

Homeboy

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Killerdude8 @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 14:46)
QUOTE (pyramid head @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 08:41)

If kids couldn't be killed in GTA it would take all of 5 minutes for someone to make a mod that would let you kill the kids.

People have been able to kill kids in games for years without a fuss being made afaik.

Every Sims game lets you kill the kids, a kid gets blown up in MW3, the leader of the Vox Populi in Bioshock Infinite tries to kill a kid before someone hits her stopping her from killing the kid, you can sell a kid into slavery in Fallout 3 during the those quest http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Those! you can shoot kids and babies that have been turned into necromorphs in a school as mentioned earlier in this topic, kids could be killed in Deus Ex 1 and you could hit children in Bully.

The list goes on, kids have been killed in games for years and hardly anyone has made a fuss over it, no doubt people would complain over being able to kill a kid in GTA, all you would have to do is say killing kids is not the point of the game and GTA isn't the first game in which you can kill a kid, i'm surprised there wasn't some level of controversy over that 12 year old kid in GTA LCS dropping the f-bomb on lazlow's radio show.

I thought there would be some controversy especially from that so called pathetic newspaper the daily mail, the daily mail is probably at this very moment sharpening it's claws ready to stick them into GTA5 the minute it comes out, and if there isn't any controversy surrounding GTA5 then the daily mail will just print some BS story in an attempt to stir up some controversy.

daggerbomb
  • daggerbomb

To Live or Die in LS

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

Boring crap. Get a life.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

QUOTE (daggerbomb @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 16:41)
Boring crap. Get a life.

What a insightful post. I guess by this definition we are all dead as we have no life. orly.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users