Photo

Children / Teens in a Future GTA

147 replies to this topic
WolfbackGames
  • WolfbackGames

Keep things real.

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:24 PM

You guy's must really be f*cked up in the head if you want minors in a video games like GTA. GTA is about killing, drugs, and violence. Children have no place being there, and even Rockstar has stated "No Children, ever." Some may say it'll be more realistic and believable, but we all know what everyone is going to do: run them over on the side of the road. Not cool.

pl00xi
  • pl00xi

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:26 PM

I know why there wasn't any kids in gta 4..

Hint:
user posted image

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:28 PM

QUOTE (pl00xi @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:26)
I know why there wasn't any kids in gta 4..

Hint:
user posted image

Ha ha, they were all swung into outer space!

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:23)
Please see my comments above.

I did and as I said it adds realism. Your argument is that it's a video game. It's not supposed to be real. While that is true R* with most of there current generation games at least strive to create a living, breathing city. Why would they want to do this when it's just a video game? That's right because they want it to be realistic, they want to immerse you in the world. You walk down a street you see people of all ages and in order to create a living breathing world it should be included in GTA. Although as stated before I understand why they are not.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:32)

I did and as I said it adds realism. Your argument is that it's a video game. It's not supposed to be real. While that is true R* with most of there current generation games at least strive to correct a living, breathing city. Why would they want to do this when it's just a video game? That's right because they want it to be realistic. You walk down a street you see people of all ages and in order to create a living breathing world it should be included in GTA. Although as stated before I understand why they are not.

They want to create a 'believable' world that is more of a heightened form of reality - they can and will omit things that don't belong in the stories they are trying to tell - children being one of these things. If reality was what they were going for we wouldn't be performing stunt jumps, flying helicopters with unlimited ammunition and be killing hundreds of people. Reality is NOT Rockstar's goal and never has been.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:44 PM

I did and as I said it adds realism. Your argument is that it's a video game. It's not supposed to be real. While that is true R* with most of there current generation games at least strive to create a living, breathing city. Why would they want to do this when it's just a video game? That's right because they want it to be realistic, they want to immerse you in the world. You walk down a street you see people of all ages and in order to create a living breathing world it should be included in GTA. Although as stated before I understand why they are not.

Yes, we know GTA has been about realism in a big way, especially in this current generation of gaming. But that does not mean that GTA must be so realistic to a tee. It does not mean that everything that is real, has to be in GTA. Like the guy said, it's just a video game with realism elements, but it's not real, so therefore kids are not essential to be present in the game. Kids in GTA just serves no real purpose or adds to anything, except controversy and depravity.

Smaaske
  • Smaaske

Gangsta

• Members
  • Netherlands

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:46 PM

Would never happen.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:48 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:44)

Yes, we know GTA has been about realism in a big way, especially in this current generation of gaming. But that does not mean that GTA must be so realistic to a tee. It does not mean that everything that is real, has to be in GTA. Like the guy said, it's just a video game with realism elements, but it's not real, so therefore kids are not essential to be present in the game. Kids in GTA just serves no real purpose or adds to anything, except controversy and depravity.

Case in point: Rockstar didn't include Staten Island in their version of New York City because it didn't add anything to the story - that is Rockstar's approach to game-building.

antho74
  • antho74

Rat

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Don't importante i guess is not until.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:50 PM Edited by wwinterj, 27 June 2013 - 11:56 PM.

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:36)
They want to create a 'believable' world that is more of a heightened form of reality - they can and will omit things that don't belong in the stories they are trying to tell - children being one of these things. If reality was what they were going for we wouldn't be performing stunt jumps, flying helicopters with unlimited ammunition and be killing hundreds of people. Reality is NOT Rockstar's goal and never has been.

Sure because people don't perform stunt jumps and fly helicopters in real life right? You said it yourself they want to create a believable world and kids/ teens should be part of that. You say they won't add things that don't add to the story? In that case why have pedestrians at all? They don't add to the story. As others have pointed out Michael has a family. His kids are teens and are part of his story at least so I guess teens are in the game in some shape or form. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

QUOTE (Official General @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:44)
Like the guy said, it's just a video game with realism elements, but it's not real, so therefore kids are not essential to be present in the game. Kids in GTA just serves no real purpose or adds to anything, except controversy and depravity.

I never said kids are essential I simply stated that it adds realism. Just the same as any other pedestrian. Pedestrians in general don't add anything save for making the world more believable. Kids and teens would be no different.

HoleInTheSky
  • HoleInTheSky

Dullard

• Members
  • England

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:55 PM

Eddie Low would approve.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:02 AM Edited by brwhizz, 28 June 2013 - 12:07 AM.

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:50)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:36)

Sure because people don't perform stunt jumps and fly helicopters in real life right? You said it yourself they want to create a believable world and kids/ teens should be part of that. You say they won't add things that don't add to the story? In that case why have pedestrians at all? They don't add to the story. As others have pointed out Michael has a family. His kids are teens and are part of his story at least so I guess teens are in the game in some shape or form. I'm not sure what point you're trying to make here.

Who exactly performs stunt jumps and shoots missiles from helicopters in real life besides Hollywood stunt drivers and the army?

There obviously have to be pedestrians in the game - it would be pretty strange if the streets were empty, and inconsistent with the violent gameplay if you couldn't kill them as well as the gangsters and police- that's what they add to the story/game.

What do Tracey and Jimmy have to do with anything? They're practically adults and are story characters, not killable pedestrians.

The point I'm trying to make is that children do not need to be in this game as the game is not trying to copy the real world.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:03 AM Edited by Official General, 28 June 2013 - 12:05 AM.

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:50)
QUOTE (Official General @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:44)
Like the guy said, it's just a video game with realism elements, but it's not real, so therefore kids are not essential to be present in the game. Kids in GTA just serves no real purpose or adds to anything, except controversy and depravity.

I never said kids are essential I simply stated that it adds realism. Just the same as any other pedestrian. Pedestrians in general don't add anything save for making the world more believable. Kids and teens would be no different.

Teens, that is debatable. I can't say much about that for now.

Kids would be very different. Nobody has to ask why. If you cannot see that, then I'm sorry I think you either need your head examined, or you are just being stubborn and trying to hard to one of those guys who wants to 'stand out' and court controversy. You probably get a thrill out of being in the minority and tenaciously fighting your corner in an argument that you know deep down inside you are on the wrong side of.

I'm not gonna even respond in full to what you stated about pedestrians, that was a such a stupid and ridiculous statement you made to defend your point. Of course you need adult peds in GTA, it's a trifle obvious that that you do, it adds to the life of the streets. But you definitely don't need kid peds for that.

GTA5_OVO
  • GTA5_OVO

Player Hater

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

Rockstar has stated "No child NPC's. Ever" Why would anyone even want them in the game? Thats a bit too far.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

QUOTE (brwhizz Friday @ Jun 28 2013, 01:02)

The point I'm trying to make is that children do not need to be in this game as the game is not trying to copy the real world.

Right. However it's trying to be believable right? Hence why R* go through all this trouble to make every detail count, graphics look great, pedestrians behavior and so on. I never stated kids/teens need to be in the game. I said I think they should be to add more realism.

QUOTE (Friday @ Jun 28 2013, 01:03)

Kids would be very different. If you cannot see that, then I'm sorry I think you either need your head examined, or you are just being stubborn and trying to hard to one of those guys who wants to 'stand out' and court controversy. You probably get a thrill out of being in the minority and tenaciously fighting your corner in an argument that you know deep down inside you are on the wrong side of.

I'm stating my opinion like I do with every post I make. Babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and OAP folk it doesn't matter as it all adds up to the same thing and that's making the world more believable. There really is no right and wrong here been as we are dealing with opinions. monocle.gif

Seenyour31
  • Seenyour31

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

Think of all the ways you can kill NPC's in GTA, now imagine applying that to children, the most straightforward way is (and the one that would garner the most attention) simply with a gun, now think about the firestorm R* would find itself embroiled in with parental groups, and politicians, and such. Additionally the controversy could make a lot of retailers such as Gamestop, Best Buy etc.... reluctant to carry the game, which could affect sales, so it wouldn't be worth the effort or headache for R* to even bother adding children, which honestly wouldn't add anything to a crime-based game anyway, besides saying look, we added children for "realism"

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:21 AM Edited by Official General, 28 June 2013 - 12:38 AM.

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:16)
QUOTE (brwhizz Friday @  Jun 28 2013, 01:02)

Right. However it's trying to be believable right? Hence why R* go through all this trouble to make every detail count, graphics look great, pedestrians behavior and so on. I never stated kids/teens need to be in the game. I said I think they should be to add more realism.

Kids would be very different. If you cannot see that, then I'm sorry I think you either need your head examined, or you are just being stubborn and trying to hard to one of those guys who wants to 'stand out' and court controversy. You probably get a thrill out of being in the minority and tenaciously fighting your corner in an argument that you know deep down inside you are on the wrong side of.

I'm stating my opinion like I do with every post I make. Babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and OAP folk it doesn't matter as it all adds up to the same thing and that's making the world more believable. There really is no right and wrong here been as we are dealing with opinions and your opinion isn't everyones. monocle.gif

Bro, you can have whatever opinion you want. My opinion is that your opinion is wrong, that is all it is.

If you personally think it is okay and perfectly fine to kill children in video games, then I seriously think either there is something wrong with you or you have a very warped and twisted concept of fun and enjoyment in video games. If you were able to decide what goes in GTA, then go ahead and please yourself, if killing children in video games makes you happy and you find it fun and enjoyable, then so be it.

BUT....I will state my opinion of people with views like yours as I see fit.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:23 AM Edited by brwhizz, 28 June 2013 - 12:25 AM.

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:16)
QUOTE (brwhizz Friday @  Jun 28 2013, 01:02)

I'm stating my opinion like I do with every post I make. Babies, children, teens, young adults, adults and OAP folk it doesn't matter as it all adds up to the same thing and that's making the world more believable. There really is no right and wrong here been as we are dealing with opinions. monocle.gif

When I said 'believable', I didn't mean like the real world: Lord of the Rings is 'believable' in that it paints a world with rules and a sense of logic, but it is NOT realistic - it is a work of fantasy. The same goes for gta - the worlds are just far more detailed now and include a greater sense of versimilitude - but that doesn't mean they want to be just like the real world. You can go on and on about children, but that doesn't change my point that children have NO place in this game. Is that clear to you?

drr26
  • drr26

But I'm a f*cking raspberry!

• Members
  • England

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

Somebody may do a mod one day if not already for other GTA's

Personally I wouldn't care, it's a game. I'm going to stickybomb animals if I can lol

A Kid With Guns
  • A Kid With Guns

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

I wish there were kids so that I could ram my truck into a wall and smash them so that their intestines come out. I would then continuously run over their heads with my tires.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:42 AM Edited by wwinterj, 28 June 2013 - 12:44 AM.

QUOTE (Official General @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 01:21)
Bro, you can have whatever opinion you want. My opinion is that your opinion is wrong, that is all it is.

If you personally think it is okay and perfectly fine to kill children in video games, then I seriously there is something wrong with you or you have very a warped sense of enjoyment. If you were able to decide what goes in GTA, the go ahead and enjoy yourself, if killing children in video games makes you happy and you find it fun, then so be it.

That's completely fine if you believe I'm wrong fella. I've no problem with you voicing a opinion as that makes discussion. I'll be honest I've no issue with people of any age group been killed in a video game because although I do like realism in games I'm well aware it's just a video game.

In life I'm against Animal cruelty more than anything. I could see a kid got shot and not care as much but if it was a Animal it would bother me unless it's for protection purposes as I believe Animals to be more innocent and defenseless. A little weird huh? However in a video game none of this bothers me. My main reason for having different age grouped pedestrians in GTA is to add realism not go on a killing spree killing every kid I see. This is the point I was saying in a previous post. The world simply isn't mature enough yet to allow kids in video games.

QUOTE ( brwhizz @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 01:23)
You can go on and on about children, but that doesn't change my point that children have NO place in this game. Is that clear to you?

We will have to agree to disagree then. smile.gif

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:47 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:42)

If you personally think it is okay and perfectly fine to kill children in video games, then I seriously there is something wrong with you or you have very a warped sense of enjoyment. If you were able to decide what goes in GTA, the go ahead and enjoy yourself, if killing children in video games makes you happy and you find it fun, then so be it.

That's completely fine if you believe I'm wrong fella. I've no problem with you voicing a opinion as that makes discussion. I'll be honest I've no issue with people of any age group been killed in a video game because although I do like realism in games I'm well aware it's just a video game.

In life I'm against Animal cruelty more than anything. I could see a kid got shot and not care as much but if it was a Animal it would bother me unless it's for protection purposes as I believe Animals to be more innocent and defenseless. A little weird huh? However in a video game none of this bothers me. My main reason for having different age grouped pedestrians in GTA is to add realism not go on a killing spree killing every kid I see. This is the point I was saying in a previous post. The world simply isn't mature enough yet to allow kids in video games.

You can go on and on about children, but that doesn't change my point that children have NO place in this game. Is that clear to you?

I still find your views quite strange.

When I play GTA I don't even think of kids being among the peds, I don't give it a moment's thought in my head. I find it really strange that some guys actually think about this and desire to have it.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:42)

I don't think you understand gta at all.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:52 AM Edited by Gigabomber, 28 June 2013 - 12:58 AM.

In 20 years, will GTA VII also not have children after several other games have them and have fought their battles for them?

What about dwarfs/little people? what about baby animals, but still not baby humans? What about baby fish? Baby plankton? Baby sharks? Oh, ahem, adolescent, not baby. Babies would just be wrong, unlike massacring throngs of police officers.

*Throws another log onto the fire*

Also, I've looked at the cognitive research, and they've been desperately trying to prove a connection between video games and real world violence for 15 years to absolutely no avail, so that argument is pretty much dead. If you have access to the research because you go to college, you might want to take a look.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:57 AM

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:52)
In 20 years, will GTA VII also not have children after several other games have them and have fought their battles for them?

What about dwarfs/little people? what about baby animals, but still not baby humans? What about baby fish? Baby plankton? Baby sharks? Oh, ahem, adolescent, not baby. Babies would just be wrong, unlike massacring throngs of police officers.

Also, I've looked at the cognitive research, and they've been desperately trying to prove a connection between video games and real world violence for 15 years to absolutely no avail, so that argument is pretty much dead. If you have access to the research because you go to college, you might want to take a look.

Pedestrians serve an obvious necessity - children and dwarves do not! It's as simple as that. Now can we please be done with this useless topic?

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:00 AM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 16:57)
Pedestrians serve an obvious necessity - children and dwarves do not! It's as simple as that. Now can we please be done with this useless topic?

Help me out, what need do adults pedestrians serve?

Follow up after your anseer: oh, ok. Then what need do animals serve?

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:01 AM

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 00:52)

*Throws another log onto the fire*

Stop trying to sound like you're some really smart professor with a sky high IQ and advanced level of deep intellect.

You don't need to be Einstein figure out why killing children in video games is in very bad taste.

EmmitBrown
  • EmmitBrown

Lord Lero

• BUSTED!

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:03 AM

if there were kids, could we "board" the school bus? or be a school bus driver for a job? thatd be fun

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:04 AM

QUOTE (EmmitBrown @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 17:03)
if there were kids, could we "board" the school bus? or be a school bus driver for a job? thatd be fun

That job would be pretty fun: an homage to the old taxi missions.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 01:09 AM Edited by brwhizz, 28 June 2013 - 01:12 AM.

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Friday, Jun 28 2013, 01:00)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 16:57)

Help me out, what need do adults pedestrians serve?

Follow up after your anseer: oh, ok. Then what need do animals serve?

You're clearly a little slow, but okay: the pedestrians give life to the city streets and the animals give life to the countryside. Children - where the hell do they fit in? There's no need for them whatsoever, and yes, killing children in a game is completely morally different to killing police and other adults in a video game: I can't recall any Scorsese movie where the protagonist murders children (or dwarves for that matter) - there are however plenty of crime films in which police officers and gangsters are killed.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users