» «
Photo

Children / Teens in a Future GTA

147 replies to this topic
Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:08 PM Edited by Gigabomber, 27 June 2013 - 10:13 PM.

Didn't find any threads on this and I am wondering, with wildlife already being fleshed out and an entire animal ecosystem, will human children and teens ever be included? Is it a natural progression? Not?

Bethesda added them into the Fallout and Elder Scrolls Series, they even had an entire child city, but the children were invincible. I, for one, would have preferred they simply left them out rather than breaking the immersion, especially when they went hostile to me in New Vegas (Bethesda also made them inflict almost no damage so that they couldn't trap you in a death loop if you saved in the wrong place). In the first two Fallouts you could kill children but you were given the title "childkiller" and plenty of people would treat you differently (i.e. worse), the same as if you went into being a slaver, but games are much higher profile now and a similar situation would garner a flood of negative media attention.

Rockstar is not particularly afraid of such attention (Manhunt), but it would still post an obstacle to the rating system that they don't need.

What do you think? Yet another boring topic?

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

It would be a tough thing to incorporate.. I imagine if mom's will bitch about drunk driving in IV, that they would riot in the streets about children in the game.

Dope_0110
  • Dope_0110

Gangsta

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

I don't see them putting children. They're not needed in my opinion and would garner too much bad press if they would do that wonder of making it possible to kill them. On the other side, I wouldn't want them to put them in and make them invincible as it would make no sense.

So, let is stay what it is.

123-bob
  • 123-bob

Thug

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

I just think if Rockstar added kids as NPC into GTA it would create such a huge sh*tstorm it wouldnt be worth it for them

i dont think adding kids into GTA would make it anymore immersive or realistic for me, i cant see a benifit

Tobias_Rieper
  • Tobias_Rieper

Silent Assassin

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:12 PM

Rockstar have stated more than once "No children. Ever."

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

No need + a crap ton of controversy, don't know why this would ever feature.

Bonfy
  • Bonfy

Friendly Neighborhood Super-Mario

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Not boring at all.

I think that would bring a lot of trouble to Rockstar, even worse than what the Hot Coffee Mod did back in San Andreas. They should make the children invincible like Bethesda did in his games, and let me tell you, I played all those game and I totally agree with you when you say you'd leave them out rather than breaking the immersion.

I don't think we will see children in a GTA for a looooong time, probably never.

Official General
  • Official General

You gotta always carry heat in these Vice City streets

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (Gigabomber @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:08)
Yet another boring topic?

YES

And yes again, children in GTA has been discussed many times. The subject has been brought up many times before by weirdos like you who are obsessed with seeing kids in GTA and being able to do bad things to them.

22ka
  • 22ka

VETRON

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:37 PM

This child thing is a probelm imo. I honestly think a game like gta needs children and doesn't need them.

They add to the realiusm of it all(you telling me that you will never see one child in an entire city?) But the probelem is I don't think people are quiet ready for it and honestly it seems, I don't know, evil to put them in a game like this. We know there will be people who will kill children just for the fun of it because they are just NPCs but its morally wrong.

Maybe R* could start off by putting in 18 year olds then teenagers(16+) then kids(13+) into their games. I dought we will ever go below 13. I think only a game like saints row would put children of that age in such a game since they also thrive on contraversy.

If the game were like that we would probebly start seeing kidnapping minigames and such, probebly even see ads of kids killing each other in schools.

Now that's something R* doesn't want to deal with.

EmmitBrown
  • EmmitBrown

Lord Lero

• BUSTED!

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:39 PM

How old is Michael's daughter? I've always wanted kids in the game but I understand why they would be left out.

DoomsdayFAN
  • DoomsdayFAN

Punk-ass Bitch

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:45 PM

People need to get the hell over it and stop being such sissies. It's a game. So what if there are children in the game that can be killed the same as the adults. It's a f**king game. There is no correlation to the real world.

I say put the children in so I can shoot them, run them over, light them on fire, and blow them up! At the end of the day, it's just a game. Who cares. It's entertainment.

Killing an NPC child is no different than killing an NPC adult. It is what it is. A fantasy. A game. There is nothing wrong, morally or otherwise, with doing it.

Backfire6
  • Backfire6

༼ຈل͜ຈ༽

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:48 PM Edited by Backfire6, 27 June 2013 - 10:50 PM.

Actually there already is kids in it. They showed 2 kids in the 5 trailers. The son is obviously a teenager which would be considered a child/kid.
They never confirmed the kids ages though but they look under 18 and act it.

Guilty as Sin
  • Guilty as Sin

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

I don't care either way.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

QUOTE (Backfire6 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:48)
Actually there already is kids in it. They showed 2 kids in the 5 trailers. The son is obviously a teenager which would be considered a child/kid.
They never confirmed the kids ages though but they look under 18 and act it.

Outside of cutscenes, pretty much doubt we can interact with them.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

QUOTE (DoomsdayFAN @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:45)
People need to get the hell over it and stop being such sissies. It's a game. So what if there are children in the game that can be killed the same as the adults. It's a f**king game. There is no correlation to the real world.

I say put the children in so I can shoot them, run them over, light them on fire, and blow them up! At the end of the day, it's just a game. Who cares. It's entertainment.

Killing an NPC child is no different than killing an NPC adult. It is what it is. A fantasy. A game. There is nothing wrong, morally or otherwise, with doing it.

Well you are not gonna get kids in GTA V.

So get the hell over that.

Gigabomber
  • Gigabomber

Infinite Ammo Amorous

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:53 PM

This summarizes how I feel about it, but I didn't want to open the topic with such a post biggrin.gif

You could decap zombie babies in DeadSpace 2; it was actually the safest way to kill them and it was in a kindergarten classroom/nursery, and I don't recall them getting any negative press.

CallTheCoroner
  • CallTheCoroner

Have you ever been dying of thirst, and smelled rain?

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

It's the assholes who can't differentiate.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:55 PM

Including children would cause needless anger and adds absolutely nothing to the game, and I don't buy the 'adds realism' argument. The games are not supposed to be real - they represent a reality that is closer to a movie or tv series.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (DoomsdayFAN @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 16:45)

Typically it's not the gamers that would mind too much, ironically it's the people that never even see the game that would be the ones complaining about it.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:55)
Including children would cause needless anger and adds absolutely nothing to the game, and I don't buy the 'adds realism' argument. The games are not supposed to be real - they represent a reality that is closer to a movie or tv series.

Try telling that to the weirdos on this thread that are so desperate to kill kids in a video game.

@ Nah Tso Gud

I would definitely mind. Even though it's just a game, I don't need to do stuff like that to get any kind of enjoyment.

Patriot_Action
  • Patriot_Action

Upstanding Citizen

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

Will never happen. Too many PR consequences, and it's just sick and unnecessary honestly.

The few games I've seen that include violence and children always have some clumsy workaround, e.g. Skyrim. Children are invulnerable, although people mod this on the PC.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 22:56)

Try telling that to the weirdos on this thread that are so desperate to kill kids in a video game.

Honestly, with all the things that could benefit the series, the ability to murder digital children is not one of them - just stick with adults and animals you basement-dwelling oddballs.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:01 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 16:56)

@ Nah Tso Gud

I would definitely mind. Even though it's just a game, I don't need to do stuff like that to get any kind of enjoyment.

Right, I wouldn't be totally thrilled about seeing it either.. seeing the physics at work when I first played IV made me cringe for awhile haha.. but their inclusion wouldn't make me boycott the game or anything.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (Nah Tso Gud @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:01)

@ Nah Tso Gud

Right, I wouldn't be totally thrilled about seeing it either.. seeing the physics at work when I first played IV made me cringe for awhile haha.. but their inclusion wouldn't make me boycott the game or anything.

The more interesting question is why do these people want children included? Rockstar allows us to kill pedestrians as a sort of sick joke and because it adds some sort of tragic versimilitude to the game, but why cross the moral line into the inclusion of children? I don't understand it at all.

Official General
  • Official General

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:11 PM

QUOTE (brwhizz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:08)

@ Nah Tso Gud

The more interesting question is why do these people want children included? Rockstar allows us to kill pedestrians as a sort of sick joke and because it adds some sort of tragic versimilitude to the game, but why cross the moral line into the inclusion of children? I don't understand it at all.

@ brwhizz

This is the same question that bothers me too. I just don't get these strange, bizarre desires from some of these guys on here, I swear.

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

QUOTE (Official General @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:11)
QUOTE (brwhizz @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:08)

@ Nah Tso Gud

@ brwhizz

This is the same question that bothers me too. I just don't get these strange, bizarre desires from some of these guys on here, I swear.

Exactly. GTA allows us to exist in an epic gangster-movie world, and gives us freedom within the parameters of this genre. It is not supposed to give us access into the imagination of Ian Brady or the like.

Nah Tso Gud
  • Nah Tso Gud

SuperHonky

• Members
  • United-States

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

Yeah, their arguments go pretty damn far too.. you think they would just leave it alone at some point.

That Poll thread for Children and/or Animals a while back got pretty messed up.

wwinterj
  • wwinterj

Boss

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Do I want Teens and kids in the game? Yes. It makes the world much more believable and realistic. Several games have had teens/kids in the game and the teens/kids can be killed.

Do I think teens and kids will ever be in GTA? No or at least not for a while yet. The world isn't mature enough to deal with it. Sure some games get away with it but GTA has always been a focus of the media and cash grabbing folk who cry about anything in the game just to try and get 5 minutes of fame. At the end of the day it simply isn't worth the hassle adding them although with that said no publicity is bad publicity and in the words of Eric Bischoff "controversy creates cash". monocle.gif

brwhizz
  • brwhizz

Mack Pimp

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

QUOTE (wwinterj @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 23:22)
Do I want Teens and kids in the game? Yes. It makes the world much more believable and realistic. Several games have had teens/kids in the game and the teens/kids can be killed.

Do I think teens and kids will ever be in GTA? No or at least not for a while yet. The world isn't mature enough to deal with it. Sure some games get away with it but GTA has always been a focus of the media and cash grabbing folk who cry about anything in the game just to try and get 5 minutes of fame. At the end of the day it simply isn't worth the hassle adding them although with that said no publicity is bad publicity and in the words of Eric Bischoff "controversy creates cash". monocle.gif

Please see my comments above.

Input
  • Input

Pineapple

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:23 PM

I agree, plus I don't think it helps that the media watches GTA with a hawk eye on every release because they know they can find something to make a big deal out of.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users