Photo

A lot of cheaters in MP now?

9 replies to this topic
xDavyJones
  • xDavyJones

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 05:48 PM

So, I've been playing alot of GTA IV mp to kill some of the waiting for GTA V. And I just have to ask, are there much cheating going on? I know there is some modders on the xbox 360 version now and i can't help to think that almost everyone with a lvl 10 goldstar is a cheater.

I've been playing cops and crooks alot and i really like that mode. But there is these dudes with xOxSx xbox gamertags who can't die. When that group plays as the crooks they just stand in one spot and kill everyone. They never escape. Just farming kills the whole game. They always have full health and body armor, they get kills from far away and every bullet seems to hit. Has anyone else played with these guys?

When normal people play that mode they want to get away to win. Not stand and fight or even chase the cops to kill them.
Smells fishy to me.

Jonboy507
  • Jonboy507

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 07:50 PM Edited by Jonboy507, 27 June 2013 - 07:54 PM.

I stopped playing Cops n Crooks regularly because of these guys. OK, people mod all the time, but these guys take it to the next level - a level which ruins the game. Quite often they refuse to start a game unless their team consists of only level 10s. And when one of them is the boss and they are just sitting around acquiring 30+ kills and not in any way attempting to finish the game, it gets boring.

A few times I've managed to get on their team. The first time, I got bored waiting for them to do something, hinted that I wanted the boss to get in my car so I could get it over with, and next thing I know I've been spawned at the top of the map (miles in the air) as far out to sea as it lets me go, leaving me to swim back.

It happened a second time a while later and this time, because I was the boss, one of them spawned a boat which travelled at some super speed, and transported me to the getaway.

I believe not all of them are prepubescent kids, but they still lack that maturity to consider the people they are playing against and complete the match normally. Either they are so amazing when playing normally that they are bored and have to ruin it for everyone else, or they are so bad they need to mod.

I've spotted a couple of them doing normal races, and it gave me great satisfaction when I discovered that without modding, they suck.

There are some legit 10s out there, but yes it is a shame that something that should be a major achievement is associated more with illegitimacy. I gave up trying to level up to 10 a while back because I didn't want to be associated with people like that.

xDavyJones
  • xDavyJones

Crackhead

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Jonboy507 @ Thursday, Jun 27 2013, 19:50)
I stopped playing Cops n Crooks regularly because of these guys. OK, people mod all the time, but these guys take it to the next level - a level which ruins the game. Quite often they refuse to start a game unless their team consists of only level 10s. And when one of them is the boss and they are just sitting around acquiring 30+ kills and not in any way attempting to finish the game, it gets boring.

A few times I've managed to get on their team. The first time, I got bored waiting for them to do something, hinted that I wanted the boss to get in my car so I could get it over with, and next thing I know I've been spawned at the top of the map (miles in the air) as far out to sea as it lets me go, leaving me to swim back.

It happened a second time a while later and this time, because I was the boss, one of them spawned a boat which travelled at some super speed, and transported me to the getaway.

I believe not all of them are prepubescent kids, but they still lack that maturity to consider the people they are playing against and complete the match normally. Either they are so amazing when playing normally that they are bored and have to ruin it for everyone else, or they are so bad they need to mod.

I've spotted a couple of them doing normal races, and it gave me great satisfaction when I discovered that without modding, they suck.

There are some legit 10s out there, but yes it is a shame that something that should be a major achievement is associated more with illegitimacy. I gave up trying to level up to 10 a while back because I didn't want to be associated with people like that.

It's not only me then, thanks for sharing!

I don't mind modding, but when I play ranked I want it to be legit. I hope Rockstar knows about this and does something about it in GTA V. It's a shame that this great game's MP is full of scumbags.

Jonboy507
  • Jonboy507

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:26 PM

People have put up with modding for so long now on this game, that if R*s failure to deal with it continues over to V, then multiplayer will probably die a quick death. I sure don't want another five years of this.

PSN-Blackhawk_1989
  • PSN-Blackhawk_1989

The Hawk

• Members

Posted 28 June 2013 - 05:44 PM Edited by PSN-Blackhawk_1989, 28 June 2013 - 05:51 PM.

I was a lvl 9 and someone gave me lots of dough... I only needed 2 hundred thousand until I reached level 10.
Does this make me a cheater? sigh... Modders have hacks installed and mods that allow them to give cash to anyone.

GTAKid667
  • GTAKid667

• Leone Family Mafia
  • United-Kingdom
  • Most Helpful [GTA] 2013
    Contribution Award [GTA III]

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:49 PM

I think that a lot of people are cheating because they have had enough of the multiplayer game. I hate cheaters!

Madmonk420
  • Madmonk420

"The One Man Riot"

• Members
  • Scotland

Posted 02 July 2013 - 02:56 PM

Clearly not good enough.

wannaslide
  • wannaslide

Mark Chump

• Members

Posted 08 July 2013 - 11:13 PM

I got over multiplayer very fast ,when in free roam I couldn't kill anyone .I don't see the point or fun in it .

oneclickable
  • oneclickable

Player Hater

• Members

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:53 PM

i'm a modder on there, however i ONLY use mods in free mode only, when i go to a ranked match i play as a normal player, and when in freemode i am not one of the mods that just kill you or screw with you, i am a nice modder lol, and share the mods with the other players, it makes it much more fun. but in a ranked match/game no way.

A J
  • A J

Damned Brotherhood [DAMN]

• Members
  • Wales
  • Best Event 2012 [Gang Wars]

Posted 18 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (oneclickable @ Thursday, Jul 18 2013, 16:53)
i'm a modder on there, however i ONLY use mods in free mode only, when i go to a ranked match i play as a normal player, and when in freemode i am not one of the mods that just kill you or screw with you, i am a nice modder lol, and share the mods with the other players, it makes it much more fun. but in a ranked match/game no way.

Good for you m8, thats how I wish all modders were wink.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users